1. Photo Competition
    JUNE'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Animals & Insects" so stop monkeying around and get your camera going!

Please Click Here!

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Manny Genetics

Clemson's spineless Okra seedlings look sick

Thanks for your reply ☺️
    Thanks for your reply ☺️
    Thanks for your reply ☺️
    Thanks for your reply ☺️
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Eltel

Acer sick.

My acer looked simular the bark had a smooth white patch it was mainly caused by stress i had to repot it in a bigger container but yours is in the ground so it i my be caused by a slug or...
    My acer looked simular the bark had a smooth white patch it was mainly caused by stress i had to repot it in a bigger container but yours is in the ground so it i my be caused by a slug or animal like rabbit vole or squirrial even how you water it the postion its in anything but if your...
    My acer looked simular the bark had a smooth white patch it was mainly caused by stress i had to repot it in a bigger container but yours is in the ground so it i my be caused by a slug or animal like rabbit vole or squirrial even how you...
    My acer looked simular the bark had a smooth white patch it was mainly caused by stress i had to repot it in a bigger container but yours is in the ground so it i my be caused by a slug or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. OneGreenFinger

First Time Lawn Care

I always use a liquid weedkiller. I have a watering can for that very purpose and a spray bar. There is no point in watering now as until things start growing, as Ricky says, it won't do much...
    I always use a liquid weedkiller. I have a watering can for that very purpose and a spray bar. There is no point in watering now as until things start growing, as Ricky says, it won't do much good. Come May you can start to weed kill and fertilise.
    I always use a liquid weedkiller. I have a watering can for that very purpose and a spray bar. There is no point in watering now as until things start growing, as Ricky says, it won't do much good. Come May you can start to weed kill and...
    I always use a liquid weedkiller. I have a watering can for that very purpose and a spray bar. There is no point in watering now as until things start growing, as Ricky says, it won't do much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. raymond-s

Plant/ shrub recommendations please.

Thanks for the suggestions and now that I have names I can do some research then go visit the garden centre. I Have a Dobies and a Klondyke Strikes nearby.It is a Pyracantha to the right of the...
    Thanks for the suggestions and now that I have names I can do some research then go visit the garden centre. I Have a Dobies and a Klondyke Strikes nearby.It is a Pyracantha to the right of the cherry tree i think. (white flowers followed by red berries)We did like the cherry tree but...
    Thanks for the suggestions and now that I have names I can do some research then go visit the garden centre. I Have a Dobies and a Klondyke Strikes nearby.It is a Pyracantha to the right of the cherry tree i think. (white flowers followed by...
    Thanks for the suggestions and now that I have names I can do some research then go visit the garden centre. I Have a Dobies and a Klondyke Strikes nearby.It is a Pyracantha to the right of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Lindsey244

Just planted a Photinia hedge

@pete Thank you for the reply. I will take your advice :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. SparkintheDark

Help with Fuchsia

The leaves on one of the snipped bits have all wilted, but the others are fine. :noidea:
    The leaves on one of the snipped bits have all wilted, but the others are fine. :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Een

Fuel prices

Thanks both, it's good to hear different perspectives and helped me consider things I had previously not been aware of.
    Thanks both, it's good to hear different perspectives and helped me consider things I had previously not been aware of.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Happy Gardener 1

Business Start Up Queries

If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting...
    If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting stopped by police and fined
    If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting stopped by police and fined
    If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Tara Jane

Have I killed my agapanthus?

Oh good. Thank you. They are lovely!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Tara Jane

Antirrhinums

ok. thank you
    ok. thank you
    ok. thank you
    ok. thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kelc

What can I start now

Saturday it is.. excited now
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kelc

New seeds

Aww love that
    Aww love that
    Aww love that
    Aww love that
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kelc

Help needed please

Thankyou I will certainly go look for that book now
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. PJA190
    Like x 6

New Gardener - Newbie advice welcome

You sound quite an expert already:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Genevieve75

Rhododendron - still a stem with leaves at the top after 3 years!

Thanks Pete. I'll follow your advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JordanCornish

Complete beginner here!

Hi Jordan welcome, I'm new here too but loving the advice. Look forward to seeing plants grow :)
    Hi Jordan welcome, I'm new here too but loving the advice. Look forward to seeing plants grow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Chris123

Bark treatment

Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a...
    Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a lovely tree.Lets hope nature sorts it.
    Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a lovely tree.Lets hope nature sorts it.
    Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rayla

Budding Honeysuckle

Great, thanks for the info
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Vegasbaby

removing heavily weeded area

Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy...
    Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy by hand from around each tree to a circle of at least a couple if feet from the trunks. Don't...
    Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy by hand from around each tree to a circle of at...
    Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. JimmyB

Shallots and garlic

I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening...
    I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening off and planting outside in March / April depending on weather conditions. Harvested in Sept and...
    I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening off and planting outside in March / April...
    I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice