Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. OLIVIA WILD

Evergreen Brushes Advise Please :)

Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing...
    Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing front garden (well not quite a garden, just a small patch). When I say evergreen, i really mean...
    Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing front garden (well not quite a garden, just a...
    Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing...
    GARDEN.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Emily Brookes

hydrangea Wilting and dying suddenly

The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn...
    The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn colors like reds or oranges due to pigments that are visible when the leaf injury occurs. When the...
    The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn colors like reds or oranges due to pigments that are...
    The problem that happened two months ago was most likely caused by late frost damage: the plant breaks dormancy early, when it is not yet producing lots of green chlorophyll and the leaves turn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gizmo
    Like x 11

our garden

Lovely job you’ve done there. I especially like the pod and planters on different levels. Enjoy it!
    Lovely job you’ve done there. I especially like the pod and planters on different levels. Enjoy it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. DevonPhil

Taming very established Wisteria

thanks for the update ... looking fab :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jowo

Acer/moving advice

Great advice.. Thank you Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Snowberry

Beginners tools recommendation

Free, if you can run fast enough? :runforhills:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lee Hughes

Acer advice

Yep will do thank you for the advice :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Stuart Weatherill

Photina Red Robin

Hi,Like any similar bush, if you cut back the main shoots it will form sideshoots which will make the plant bushier. eg if its 1.8m high now with some weak upright growths, then cutting them...
    Hi,Like any similar bush, if you cut back the main shoots it will form sideshoots which will make the plant bushier. eg if its 1.8m high now with some weak upright growths, then cutting them back to about 1.2m may sound drastic, but the new sideshoots it creates will make it bushier as it...
    Hi,Like any similar bush, if you cut back the main shoots it will form sideshoots which will make the plant bushier. eg if its 1.8m high now with some weak upright growths, then cutting them back to about 1.2m may sound drastic, but the new...
    Hi,Like any similar bush, if you cut back the main shoots it will form sideshoots which will make the plant bushier. eg if its 1.8m high now with some weak upright growths, then cutting them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. BobKat

New Guinea Impatiens

If the top growth looks like that I would imagine the roots look just as bad. The plants will have been checked. IMO they are not worth spending the next month or probably more trying to get...
    If the top growth looks like that I would imagine the roots look just as bad. The plants will have been checked. IMO they are not worth spending the next month or probably more trying to get them to look half decent.
    If the top growth looks like that I would imagine the roots look just as bad. The plants will have been checked. IMO they are not worth spending the next month or probably more trying to get them to look half decent.
    If the top growth looks like that I would imagine the roots look just as bad. The plants will have been checked. IMO they are not worth spending the next month or probably more trying to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. SusieD

Shrubs for containers?

Hi susie yes thats tiggs He was a rescued cat a freind of my daughter had him in her flat and while she was at work left him all day in the small bathroom no wonder he became wild. she was...
    Hi susie yes thats tiggs He was a rescued cat a freind of my daughter had him in her flat and while she was at work left him all day in the small bathroom no wonder he became wild. she was getting married so decided i dont need a cat and as he wild she was going to take the easy...
    Hi susie yes thats tiggs He was a rescued cat a freind of my daughter had him in her flat and while she was at work left him all day in the small bathroom no wonder he became wild. she was getting married so decided i dont need a cat ...
    Hi susie yes thats tiggs He was a rescued cat a freind of my daughter had him in her flat and while she was at work left him all day in the small bathroom no wonder he became wild. she was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Christopher Levett

Crab Apple shaping

Thanks @noisette47 and @Sheal for your input I really appreciate it. I'll give this a try this week and hopefully I'll end up with a better shape tree, keeping on top of it through the year. Happy...
    Thanks @noisette47 and @Sheal for your input I really appreciate it. I'll give this a try this week and hopefully I'll end up with a better shape tree, keeping on top of it through the year. Happy gardening!
    Thanks @noisette47 and @Sheal for your input I really appreciate it. I'll give this a try this week and hopefully I'll end up with a better shape tree, keeping on top of it through the year. Happy gardening!
    Thanks @noisette47 and @Sheal for your input I really appreciate it. I'll give this a try this week and hopefully I'll end up with a better shape tree, keeping on top of it through the year. Happy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Peas

Grass clippings as mulch

I use grass clippings on all my beds. But not too thickly. It gets super hot!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JamesH_2020

Baby Cherry Laurel Problem?

Thanks for answering clanless! It's just 1 of those things I was kind of thinking (it must have 1 stem), as every other rooted plant does that I can think off, but it's just difficult to imagine...
    Thanks for answering clanless! It's just 1 of those things I was kind of thinking (it must have 1 stem), as every other rooted plant does that I can think off, but it's just difficult to imagine 1 hedge, that can be 6+ metres wide, which can all be sprouting from the same stem! So, so glad to...
    Thanks for answering clanless! It's just 1 of those things I was kind of thinking (it must have 1 stem), as every other rooted plant does that I can think off, but it's just difficult to imagine 1 hedge, that can be 6+ metres wide, which can all...
    Thanks for answering clanless! It's just 1 of those things I was kind of thinking (it must have 1 stem), as every other rooted plant does that I can think off, but it's just difficult to imagine...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. learningardener

PackirA aquatica/money tree still moist

I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its...
    I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its indoor in my living room with filtered light..photos of plant and soil attached..any advice pls?
    I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its indoor in my living room with filtered light..photos...
    I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its...
    WTPlant_1619631001140.jpg Screenshot_20210508-145437_Chrome.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Victoria Mitchell

Can I save this Palm?

:sad: Thanks for all your help all the same
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kristy Coppendale

Not in the best condition

They all look pretty good to me. Maybe less water for the ones with mould on the surface of the compost, let the surface dry out between waterings.As long as any brown leaves are the lower ones...
    They all look pretty good to me. Maybe less water for the ones with mould on the surface of the compost, let the surface dry out between waterings.As long as any brown leaves are the lower ones I wouldn't be that bothered, just part of the normal process.
    They all look pretty good to me. Maybe less water for the ones with mould on the surface of the compost, let the surface dry out between waterings.As long as any brown leaves are the lower ones I wouldn't be that bothered, just part of the...
    They all look pretty good to me. Maybe less water for the ones with mould on the surface of the compost, let the surface dry out between waterings.As long as any brown leaves are the lower ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Warwicks1

Pinching out new fuscias

Hi,From your photo, it you nip out those two top leaves, then in the leaf joint thats left it will sprout( if not already there) two new side shoots.Don't think we would nip it out any lower...
    Hi,From your photo, it you nip out those two top leaves, then in the leaf joint thats left it will sprout( if not already there) two new side shoots.Don't think we would nip it out any lower as only the top few inches, those smaller leaver look good and healthy, not sure why the lower part...
    Hi,From your photo, it you nip out those two top leaves, then in the leaf joint thats left it will sprout( if not already there) two new side shoots.Don't think we would nip it out any lower as only the top few inches, those smaller leaver...
    Hi,From your photo, it you nip out those two top leaves, then in the leaf joint thats left it will sprout( if not already there) two new side shoots.Don't think we would nip it out any lower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. learningardener

packira aquatica/money tree info no signs of growth??

Because of the climate where I live (Algarve), mine grows in a pot outside and has for years. Even here it drops it's leaves in Winter (and we don't have frost). Then it slowly grows it's...
    Because of the climate where I live (Algarve), mine grows in a pot outside and has for years. Even here it drops it's leaves in Winter (and we don't have frost). Then it slowly grows it's leaves. Perhaps it is the same with indoor growing? I don't know of anyone else here who has one to help...
    Because of the climate where I live (Algarve), mine grows in a pot outside and has for years. Even here it drops it's leaves in Winter (and we don't have frost). Then it slowly grows it's leaves. Perhaps it is the same with indoor growing? I...
    Because of the climate where I live (Algarve), mine grows in a pot outside and has for years. Even here it drops it's leaves in Winter (and we don't have frost). Then it slowly grows it's...
    Pachira 18 Jun.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Nicola123

Zero experience and have a really basic question about soil

Thanks so much. I’ve planted up now so I’ll post a photo soon. This forum has been so helpful and supportive. Xx
    Thanks so much. I’ve planted up now so I’ll post a photo soon. This forum has been so helpful and supportive. Xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Guy Greening

Whats the big obsession with Monstera Philodendron

It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or...
    It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or if I had endless money... The magnificent obliquaBack to the original point, the cutting would be...
    It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or if I had endless money... The magnificent...
    It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice