1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. lowrider69
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kenneth Boyd

White powder on Rhodie

OK thanks Caroline, I have fed these both properly this year but I think these leaves were already in place. I will get hold of some sequestered iron as you suggest and go from there. Thank you...
    OK thanks Caroline, I have fed these both properly this year but I think these leaves were already in place. I will get hold of some sequestered iron as you suggest and go from there. Thank you for your help!
    OK thanks Caroline, I have fed these both properly this year but I think these leaves were already in place. I will get hold of some sequestered iron as you suggest and go from there. Thank you for your help!
    OK thanks Caroline, I have fed these both properly this year but I think these leaves were already in place. I will get hold of some sequestered iron as you suggest and go from there. Thank you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Katri-Ann Malina

White mold on berries-or whiteflies?

Welcome to GC Katri-Ann. I can't be certain but they look like Woolly aphids to me but most aphids can be destroyed by spraying with soapy water. :)
    Welcome to GC Katri-Ann. I can't be certain but they look like Woolly aphids to me but most aphids can be destroyed by spraying with soapy water. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Texas Pete

White Fibres under soil

Asbestos fibres are so tiny that white blood cells can eat them whole (and that's where problems start).
    Asbestos fibres are so tiny that white blood cells can eat them whole (and that's where problems start).
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scoffy

White bryony?

What a good idea! I will try that, thank you Merleworld
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. marleyfarley1

Which variety of amalanchier?

Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an...
    Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an amalanchier I am open to suggestions :) thanks in advance :spinning:
    Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an amalanchier I am open to suggestions :) thanks in advance :spinning:
    Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Rapha

Which type of pot?

Good morning @Rapha I'm not at all sure it could be a permanent fixture in a pot but this link might help you my friendStar jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) With its glossy evergreen...
    Good morning @Rapha I'm not at all sure it could be a permanent fixture in a pot but this link might help you my friendStar jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) With its glossy evergreen foliage and wonderfully sweet white flowers in summer, star jasmine deserves a spot in any garden...
    Good morning @Rapha I'm not at all sure it could be a permanent fixture in a pot but this link might help you my friendStar jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) With its glossy evergreen foliage and wonderfully sweet white flowers in...
    Good morning @Rapha I'm not at all sure it could be a permanent fixture in a pot but this link might help you my friendStar jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) With its glossy evergreen...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. NewBhoy

Which type of Lavender for these Scottish beds??

Hi Patrick,It's all looking fantastic, what a difference. Well done :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SandyNI

Which to pinch and which to leave

Thank you @Purple Streaks
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sunny Sue

Which starter greenhouse please?

Gumtree,ebay or freecycle might get you the ideal one and for free ish . I got lucky with a free 8x8 Robinsons
    Gumtree,ebay or freecycle might get you the ideal one and for free ish . I got lucky with a free 8x8 Robinsons
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gn0me

Which flower/plant to use?

I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this...
    I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this as I have to start somewhere so I thought this little project would be a good starter and hope that...
    I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this as I have to start somewhere so I thought this...
    I have this and I want to put a nice simple plant in it that has nice big white petals!As you can tell I am an absolute beginner that has no clue how to go about gardening! I'm okay with this...
    20170414_102239.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. spongey

Which facing is my garden?

My living room window is south west, my bedroom is west.I wouldn't have my bedroom anywhere else as it's where I start all my cuttings off.
    My living room window is south west, my bedroom is west.I wouldn't have my bedroom anywhere else as it's where I start all my cuttings off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. bigbore

which climber

I would plumb for jasmine. But the climbing roses from David Austin are very scented, and beautiful to boot.
    I would plumb for jasmine. But the climbing roses from David Austin are very scented, and beautiful to boot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. daisy0103

Which chilli varieties should I grow?

If you're on the northern side of London then this is not too far and a good day out and is open next weekend. They also have quite a few hot food stalls for lunch.CHILLI FESTIVAL
    If you're on the northern side of London then this is not too far and a good day out and is open next weekend. They also have quite a few hot food stalls for lunch.CHILLI FESTIVAL
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. lazyman

where to start?!

Hi Lazyman, saw your message and thought you might appreciate hearing what I've just done with one my two flowerbeds, as i'm a newbie gardener who felt totally overwhelmed by it all too. I found a...
    Hi Lazyman, saw your message and thought you might appreciate hearing what I've just done with one my two flowerbeds, as i'm a newbie gardener who felt totally overwhelmed by it all too. I found a website called garden on a roll, which is basically a service that chooses all the plants for you...
    Hi Lazyman, saw your message and thought you might appreciate hearing what I've just done with one my two flowerbeds, as i'm a newbie gardener who felt totally overwhelmed by it all too. I found a website called garden on a roll, which is...
    Hi Lazyman, saw your message and thought you might appreciate hearing what I've just done with one my two flowerbeds, as i'm a newbie gardener who felt totally overwhelmed by it all too. I found a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kgbow

Where to start?!

We have had a LOT done in the last week.Another pal of mine has a mini digger. So we decided it would be best to pull the ivy out... we cleared so much land with that thing. We also levelled...
    We have had a LOT done in the last week.Another pal of mine has a mini digger. So we decided it would be best to pull the ivy out... we cleared so much land with that thing. We also levelled the parts of the field that were very ridged.The shed is now clear and mostly spider free apart...
    We have had a LOT done in the last week.Another pal of mine has a mini digger. So we decided it would be best to pull the ivy out... we cleared so much land with that thing. We also levelled the parts of the field that were very ridged....
    We have had a LOT done in the last week.Another pal of mine has a mini digger. So we decided it would be best to pull the ivy out... we cleared so much land with that thing. We also levelled...
    IMG_7639.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. NeilG

Where to start?

You've made a lovely job of the garden Neil! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Arob91
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sim

Where to start ?

Hi FC You can go there to collect pre - ordered plants but you can't go into the nursery :(
    Hi FC You can go there to collect pre - ordered plants but you can't go into the nursery :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. steevjp

Where to start

Thanks for all the replies everyone, certainly some food for thought there. I hope to get some times to get involved with some of this over the coming month and we'll see where we can get
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, certainly some food for thought there. I hope to get some times to get involved with some of this over the coming month and we'll see where we can get
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice