1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. SadlyClueless

Sisyrinchium striatum- what do I do with it?

It`s also easy to divide when clump gets too big.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. HMcT

transplant advice

Thanks I'll get some in so I've got it while I remember
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kimberley

Venus Fly Trap Plants

Going to buy her fly tape instead ha ha less hassle. .she just hates flies
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lone Northern Lass

Removing shrubs

I agree with Loofah,A plant needs its foliage to breathe through. If you cut everything off it will die.That method would work if you were doing it during the Winter, dormant season, as long...
    I agree with Loofah,A plant needs its foliage to breathe through. If you cut everything off it will die.That method would work if you were doing it during the Winter, dormant season, as long as they're not evergreens.
    I agree with Loofah,A plant needs its foliage to breathe through. If you cut everything off it will die.That method would work if you were doing it during the Winter, dormant season, as long as they're not evergreens.
    I agree with Loofah,A plant needs its foliage to breathe through. If you cut everything off it will die.That method would work if you were doing it during the Winter, dormant season, as long...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Thomas2525

First plants

Thank u pal:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. stacyg

In the words of Bowie, I'm an absolute beginner!

2. Left.....That looks like a Spirea too ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Magnus

Runners from raspberries

Should I cut them down before the winter is coming ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. paul777

dry potatoes year after year !

I do know what you mean paul. Is it that kind of second skin, and the spud falls apart inside it when boiled? So you mostly end up with mush. With a bit of skin.
    I do know what you mean paul. Is it that kind of second skin, and the spud falls apart inside it when boiled? So you mostly end up with mush. With a bit of skin.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. paul777

victoria plum tree help

hi all thanks for replays i bought the tree what are suitable for pots it will not grow to big water and feed often the fruit still green well no sign of it hence i think something was of been...
    hi all thanks for replays i bought the tree what are suitable for pots it will not grow to big water and feed often the fruit still green well no sign of it hence i think something was of been hungry my sister thinks its birds as i do have bird feeders close by ! its Self-fertile when i bought...
    hi all thanks for replays i bought the tree what are suitable for pots it will not grow to big water and feed often the fruit still green well no sign of it hence i think something was of been hungry my sister thinks its birds as i do have bird...
    hi all thanks for replays i bought the tree what are suitable for pots it will not grow to big water and feed often the fruit still green well no sign of it hence i think something was of been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Neilbarker12

New gardener, new roses, weird brown petals quickly

It was one tablespoon to a 5 liter sprayer along with a little bit of original dish soap. I've been having an issue with powdery mildew and the potassium bicarbonate solution can apparently be...
    It was one tablespoon to a 5 liter sprayer along with a little bit of original dish soap. I've been having an issue with powdery mildew and the potassium bicarbonate solution can apparently be used as a fungicide, having pets and what not I'm Not fond of using any harsh chemicals
    It was one tablespoon to a 5 liter sprayer along with a little bit of original dish soap. I've been having an issue with powdery mildew and the potassium bicarbonate solution can apparently be used as a fungicide, having pets and what not I'm Not...
    It was one tablespoon to a 5 liter sprayer along with a little bit of original dish soap. I've been having an issue with powdery mildew and the potassium bicarbonate solution can apparently be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Oceangore

Fungi in plant pot

I agree with Pete, just remove the toadstools.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. "M"

Peony advice, please

That's great A, please let me know the date nearer the time :).
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jacko1967

Help need with indentification

Hmmm, maybe you're right Anthony, but that's what mine look like as young plants. Perhaps @Jacko1967 will be kind enough to prove the point for us with a picture, when it eventually blooms. :)
    Hmmm, maybe you're right Anthony, but that's what mine look like as young plants. Perhaps @Jacko1967 will be kind enough to prove the point for us with a picture, when it eventually blooms. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Greenman13

Kindly looking for some advice (Part 2) With added pictures...

The shrub beside the brick pillar in picture 2 looks like an Escallonia. I would be inclined to keep that as it does well by the sea, resistant to salt and is evergreen.
    The shrub beside the brick pillar in picture 2 looks like an Escallonia. I would be inclined to keep that as it does well by the sea, resistant to salt and is evergreen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Greenman13

Kindly looking for some advice...

Welcome to GC @Greenman13 :sign0016:I have had a wee look at your post, and tried to access the links to your photos, but I am getting an 'access denied' message. Do you have the images saved on your PC...
    Welcome to GC @Greenman13 :sign0016:I have had a wee look at your post, and tried to access the links to your photos, but I am getting an 'access denied' message. Do you have the images saved on your PC somewhere, rather than hosted by Yahoo?
    Welcome to GC @Greenman13 :sign0016:I have had a wee look at your post, and tried to access the links to your photos, but I am getting an 'access denied' message. Do you have the images saved on your PC somewhere, rather than hosted by Yahoo?
    Welcome to GC @Greenman13 :sign0016:I have had a wee look at your post, and tried to access the links to your photos, but I am getting an 'access denied' message. Do you have the images saved on your PC...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Robin66

Why do all my plants keep dying?

Ok, that's sounds like a great life lesson. Annoyingly, when I pointed out that the plant was dying, my girlfriend immediately blamed me for watering it too much, in lieu of anyone else to blame....
    Ok, that's sounds like a great life lesson. Annoyingly, when I pointed out that the plant was dying, my girlfriend immediately blamed me for watering it too much, in lieu of anyone else to blame. Seems like she was right. Thanks for the advice. I'll move toward reactionary watering now
    Ok, that's sounds like a great life lesson. Annoyingly, when I pointed out that the plant was dying, my girlfriend immediately blamed me for watering it too much, in lieu of anyone else to blame. Seems like she was right. Thanks for the advice....
    Ok, that's sounds like a great life lesson. Annoyingly, when I pointed out that the plant was dying, my girlfriend immediately blamed me for watering it too much, in lieu of anyone else to blame....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jes0rKah

A couple of plant/tree identities?

Thanks for the idents - really appreciate it :) :love30:I think the placement of the Bergenia hasn't been doing it much good, as it's looking quite sickly.. I'll do some reading to see if I can help it...
    Thanks for the idents - really appreciate it :) :love30:I think the placement of the Bergenia hasn't been doing it much good, as it's looking quite sickly.. I'll do some reading to see if I can help it out and revive it a bit. :sick0026: :spinning:The Acer psudoplatanus seems to be happily growing, so I'll leave it to do...
    Thanks for the idents - really appreciate it :) :love30:I think the placement of the Bergenia hasn't been doing it much good, as it's looking quite sickly.. I'll do some reading to see if I can help it out and revive it a bit. :sick0026: :spinning:The Acer psudoplatanus...
    Thanks for the idents - really appreciate it :) :love30:I think the placement of the Bergenia hasn't been doing it much good, as it's looking quite sickly.. I'll do some reading to see if I can help it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jes0rKah

Removing a Yucca

Ah, thanks for the tip - I'll make sure to have a range of 'escape' areas.. last thing I want is to have any problems like that! :(
    Ah, thanks for the tip - I'll make sure to have a range of 'escape' areas.. last thing I want is to have any problems like that! :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mrs C

Newbie gardener with (another) question!!

Thank you! May fill some of the smaller ones in so I can concentrate on the others :-)
    Thank you! May fill some of the smaller ones in so I can concentrate on the others :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. beecee

Cutting bamboo

Good morning @beecee my friend I have just cut all mine down and used these loppers and burnt the the surplus in my incinerator (I have 8 bamboos)
    Good morning @beecee my friend I have just cut all mine down and used these loppers and burnt the the surplus in my incinerator (I have 8 bamboos)
    P1000015.JPG P1040603.JPG P1040604.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice