1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Ryan11112

Can anyone identify this tree?

So it's a pear tree , but how do I get fruit ? Non produced this yearSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So it's a pear tree , but how do I get fruit ? Non produced this yearSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. DannyB

Need help, tallish plants for either side of fish pond in garden border

Try : Cyperus alternifolius Ive just bought two of these because I liked the look of them but didn't know what they were? I posted a pic on here for ID and it turns out the are a pond / bog plant...
    Try : Cyperus alternifolius Ive just bought two of these because I liked the look of them but didn't know what they were? I posted a pic on here for ID and it turns out the are a pond / bog plant but they look great.
    Try : Cyperus alternifolius Ive just bought two of these because I liked the look of them but didn't know what they were? I posted a pic on here for ID and it turns out the are a pond / bog plant but they look great.
    Try : Cyperus alternifolius Ive just bought two of these because I liked the look of them but didn't know what they were? I posted a pic on here for ID and it turns out the are a pond / bog plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Josie halliday

Help Unknown weed

Any tips on this rampant weed
    14687556204521439329918.jpg 20160717_122016.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Mrs C
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ryan11112

Help I think my plants are dying

I'm guessing New Guinea impatiens. And agree, either water logged or too dry.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. adegard

Trees in Pots

I would go for Acer's as well, there are so many to choose from, most are not fast growing but some are and will provide interest throughout the growing season :)
    I would go for Acer's as well, there are so many to choose from, most are not fast growing but some are and will provide interest throughout the growing season :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. NorthantsGeezer

So what's occuring here then?

Quick update.....I scraped it, and it was just like soil. I then blasted it off with a hose when doing my watering :snork:
    Quick update.....I scraped it, and it was just like soil. I then blasted it off with a hose when doing my watering :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. NewBhoy

Santa delivered a Dicksonia Antartica - Advice needed

Looking very heathy. To keep it that way id feed it and water water water it. Dont cut the fronds.I dont even cut the damaged ones after winter now as it helps to keep the crown open. Mine in pots...
    Looking very heathy. To keep it that way id feed it and water water water it. Dont cut the fronds.I dont even cut the damaged ones after winter now as it helps to keep the crown open. Mine in pots seem happy and its easy to protect them in winter this way. Better off in the ground but what...
    Looking very heathy. To keep it that way id feed it and water water water it. Dont cut the fronds.I dont even cut the damaged ones after winter now as it helps to keep the crown open. Mine in pots seem happy and its easy to protect them in winter...
    Looking very heathy. To keep it that way id feed it and water water water it. Dont cut the fronds.I dont even cut the damaged ones after winter now as it helps to keep the crown open. Mine in pots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NewBhoy

Which type of Lavender for these Scottish beds??

Hi Patrick,It's all looking fantastic, what a difference. Well done :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jay aylmer

EVERYTHING IS DYING... what did I do??..... :(

First photo looks like a bad case of Flea Beetle, there are sprays you could use on edible crops but they need using with caution like all chemicals.Second photo: I'm not 100% certain but that...
    First photo looks like a bad case of Flea Beetle, there are sprays you could use on edible crops but they need using with caution like all chemicals.Second photo: I'm not 100% certain but that could be potato blight - would need a closer photo of the leaves and stems, this only affects...
    First photo looks like a bad case of Flea Beetle, there are sprays you could use on edible crops but they need using with caution like all chemicals.Second photo: I'm not 100% certain but that could be potato blight - would need a closer photo...
    First photo looks like a bad case of Flea Beetle, there are sprays you could use on edible crops but they need using with caution like all chemicals.Second photo: I'm not 100% certain but that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. trapezeartist

Plants That Like Shade

Oh! With you I thought it was short slippers :doh::loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. luciusmaximus

Mint Advice Please

That's a pretty good feed, Lucius, as it contains nitrogen, potassium, phosphate and magnesium but you could change to a general purpose fertliser as Mint isn't that "picky". I've got several...
    That's a pretty good feed, Lucius, as it contains nitrogen, potassium, phosphate and magnesium but you could change to a general purpose fertliser as Mint isn't that "picky". I've got several varieties of Mint in large pots and, to be honest, I rarely feed them and they're doing fine.:dunno::coffee::snorky:
    That's a pretty good feed, Lucius, as it contains nitrogen, potassium, phosphate and magnesium but you could change to a general purpose fertliser as Mint isn't that "picky". I've got several varieties of Mint in large pots and, to be honest, I...
    That's a pretty good feed, Lucius, as it contains nitrogen, potassium, phosphate and magnesium but you could change to a general purpose fertliser as Mint isn't that "picky". I've got several...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. "M"

Sweet Williams.

I would sow them now in a seed tray, rather than wait a month. They do better for a longer growing season. Just done some for the cutting garden.
    I would sow them now in a seed tray, rather than wait a month. They do better for a longer growing season. Just done some for the cutting garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. santiago

Discoloured Tomato Leaf Tips

Thanks for the replies much appreciated as I said I've never grown anything before so it's all new and a bit of a steep learning curve cheers guys
    Thanks for the replies much appreciated as I said I've never grown anything before so it's all new and a bit of a steep learning curve cheers guys
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JosephK

Help identifying plants and their care

Unfortunately it's difficult to identify plants at a distance in pictures @JosephK Could you give us close ups of leaves and any flowers please. :)
    Unfortunately it's difficult to identify plants at a distance in pictures @JosephK Could you give us close ups of leaves and any flowers please. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fiona1957

Help. New to gardening and do not know if this is a weed

it looks like a poppy I grow its called "ooh la la"
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. DannyB

Desperately in of need help choosing plants for garden border

Just be aware with Lady's Mantle, that if you let it, it will seed everywhere! I have only ever bought one plant!
    Just be aware with Lady's Mantle, that if you let it, it will seed everywhere! I have only ever bought one plant!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. LisaG73

Needing some advice

Hiya No expert as only working on bonsai myself for a couple of years but like you I adore WIsteria as a subject & you truly have been very fortunate in getting that one so cheap - I paid £40 +...
    Hiya No expert as only working on bonsai myself for a couple of years but like you I adore WIsteria as a subject & you truly have been very fortunate in getting that one so cheap - I paid £40 + postage for an air-layered 4-yo shrub that's a long way off flowering & I thought I was doing well...
    Hiya No expert as only working on bonsai myself for a couple of years but like you I adore WIsteria as a subject & you truly have been very fortunate in getting that one so cheap - I paid £40 + postage for an air-layered 4-yo shrub that's a long...
    Hiya No expert as only working on bonsai myself for a couple of years but like you I adore WIsteria as a subject & you truly have been very fortunate in getting that one so cheap - I paid £40 +...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ben James

Identification help

Thank you all. My colleague at work confirmed the Azalea, it blooms into a deep pinky red flower, I'm sure that's not enough to ID but forgot to mention it. Thank you too for the Iris ID! I'm...
    Thank you all. My colleague at work confirmed the Azalea, it blooms into a deep pinky red flower, I'm sure that's not enough to ID but forgot to mention it. Thank you too for the Iris ID! I'm hoping to relocate that into my raised bed when it's on the go.Re no.5 the Forsythia I'm not sure this...
    Thank you all. My colleague at work confirmed the Azalea, it blooms into a deep pinky red flower, I'm sure that's not enough to ID but forgot to mention it. Thank you too for the Iris ID! I'm hoping to relocate that into my raised bed when it's...
    Thank you all. My colleague at work confirmed the Azalea, it blooms into a deep pinky red flower, I'm sure that's not enough to ID but forgot to mention it. Thank you too for the Iris ID! I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. cathymoon

Strawberry Plant help

They will, wait till they have established themselves before cutting them off the parent plant :spinning:
    They will, wait till they have established themselves before cutting them off the parent plant :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice