NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Caz6

Ground Coverage Recommendation

Welcome to Gardeners Corner Caz6. Alpine and rockery plants are good for ground cover, you may find the images below helpful. :)
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Caz6. Alpine and rockery plants are good for ground cover, you may find the images below helpful. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. NorthantsGeezer

Help/ideas needed for pet tribute

:biggrin: No @Sheal , I have just had the whole house done recently. I do have an iron shaped mark in the lounge though. I missed the ironing board :sad:
    :biggrin: No @Sheal , I have just had the whole house done recently. I do have an iron shaped mark in the lounge though. I missed the ironing board :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Barders

Teasels - still too small to put into individual pots?

Many thanks everyone, if I get them as far as the garden, I will make sure that I keep an eye on them, but would like the birds to get what they need, so will start a diary of when to do certain...
    Many thanks everyone, if I get them as far as the garden, I will make sure that I keep an eye on them, but would like the birds to get what they need, so will start a diary of when to do certain things.Will keep an eye on them now and hopefully the second leaves will appear soon.Thank you...
    Many thanks everyone, if I get them as far as the garden, I will make sure that I keep an eye on them, but would like the birds to get what they need, so will start a diary of when to do certain things.Will keep an eye on them now and...
    Many thanks everyone, if I get them as far as the garden, I will make sure that I keep an eye on them, but would like the birds to get what they need, so will start a diary of when to do certain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Tom Allen

Lawn help needed.

Thanks for that, will do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. GYO newbie

What would be suitable?

Hi, and welcome. I suppose it all depends on what you like. For example a lot of shared lawned areas near me are divided by neatly clipped dwarf conifers, some by small fences and others with a...
    Hi, and welcome. I suppose it all depends on what you like. For example a lot of shared lawned areas near me are divided by neatly clipped dwarf conifers, some by small fences and others with a mixture of plants. For example mine and my neighbours(not lawned btw) has perovskia, bluebells, and...
    Hi, and welcome. I suppose it all depends on what you like. For example a lot of shared lawned areas near me are divided by neatly clipped dwarf conifers, some by small fences and others with a mixture of plants. For example mine and my...
    Hi, and welcome. I suppose it all depends on what you like. For example a lot of shared lawned areas near me are divided by neatly clipped dwarf conifers, some by small fences and others with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BeatriceSimoni

Hello, this is where I'm at, tips appreciated

Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment...
    Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment as well, I can keep us in fresh, real food throughout the year. Thank God for that!
    Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment as well, I can keep us in fresh, real food...
    Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Alandi

Any ideas please ?

you could plants some shurbs inbween the fence and hedge, but what ever you put in there it will get cut with the farmers hedge trimerYou could ask the farmer if it's ok to plant some new...
    you could plants some shurbs inbween the fence and hedge, but what ever you put in there it will get cut with the farmers hedge trimerYou could ask the farmer if it's ok to plant some new hawthorns in/at the side of the hedge, and to trim it some times (not when birds nesting) if you trim the...
    you could plants some shurbs inbween the fence and hedge, but what ever you put in there it will get cut with the farmers hedge trimerYou could ask the farmer if it's ok to plant some new hawthorns in/at the side of the hedge, and to trim it...
    you could plants some shurbs inbween the fence and hedge, but what ever you put in there it will get cut with the farmers hedge trimerYou could ask the farmer if it's ok to plant some new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. James Rigg

Artificial grass up to wooden 6x6 fence panels.

The durable interlocking plastic edging looks like the one I'll go for. Thank you for the reply and reassurance
    The durable interlocking plastic edging looks like the one I'll go for. Thank you for the reply and reassurance
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. GYO newbie

What are these please?

Either way - its not a flower or a bush so I will keep on top of it. Thanks guys.
    Either way - its not a flower or a bush so I will keep on top of it. Thanks guys.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fyfy K

Automatic watering system

Thanks all, i've calmed down a bit about this now. I think i'll do the mulching unless we're having a real scorcher of a summer (not holding my breath for that!).
    Thanks all, i've calmed down a bit about this now. I think i'll do the mulching unless we're having a real scorcher of a summer (not holding my breath for that!).
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dutluk2001

New garden

sorry for the delayed reply, ill be looking into the trees you mentioned. thank you
    sorry for the delayed reply, ill be looking into the trees you mentioned. thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. diyc

Eggs on Vine

if not that many , I have used in the past mentholated spirits on a cloth and just wipe over them works a treat , same with scale insect on my bay trees also removes sooty mold at the same time ,...
    if not that many , I have used in the past mentholated spirits on a cloth and just wipe over them works a treat , same with scale insect on my bay trees also removes sooty mold at the same time , tedious I know but I can use the leaves later on in the year rather than use a pesticide.
    if not that many , I have used in the past mentholated spirits on a cloth and just wipe over them works a treat , same with scale insect on my bay trees also removes sooty mold at the same time , tedious I know but I can use the leaves later on...
    if not that many , I have used in the past mentholated spirits on a cloth and just wipe over them works a treat , same with scale insect on my bay trees also removes sooty mold at the same time ,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scoffy

Help, Ivy is taking over my garden!

While it is a pain if it gets out of hand, the blackbirds are having a field day eating the berries at the moment.
    While it is a pain if it gets out of hand, the blackbirds are having a field day eating the berries at the moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Ian W

New gardener with half shaded/half sun symmetrical garden - need help!

Personally, because of the different growing conditions on the two sides, I would go for symmetrical colours, and try for balance of shape, height etc, but then enjoy the differences.Simple...
    Personally, because of the different growing conditions on the two sides, I would go for symmetrical colours, and try for balance of shape, height etc, but then enjoy the differences.Simple colours would help too, the problem with silver foliage is that you are limited for the shady side (at...
    Personally, because of the different growing conditions on the two sides, I would go for symmetrical colours, and try for balance of shape, height etc, but then enjoy the differences.Simple colours would help too, the problem with silver...
    Personally, because of the different growing conditions on the two sides, I would go for symmetrical colours, and try for balance of shape, height etc, but then enjoy the differences.Simple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. boutetm

my broom plant is dying. Why?

I've got a large Broom in a planter which has been there for years. It's been potted on a couple of times. They're tough plants but don't like too much water. How often have you been watering it?
    I've got a large Broom in a planter which has been there for years. It's been potted on a couple of times. They're tough plants but don't like too much water. How often have you been watering it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dark Knight

Shrub / Flower planning on borders - Any website out there ?

Hi there,I've lived in my home for over 10 years but never really made an attempt at making a positive change to the garden. Every year it's more or less fire fighting of weeds and the mowing...
    Hi there,I've lived in my home for over 10 years but never really made an attempt at making a positive change to the garden. Every year it's more or less fire fighting of weeds and the mowing the lawn.So call it 'mid life crisis' but I've really take to gardening over the past few weeks...
    Hi there,I've lived in my home for over 10 years but never really made an attempt at making a positive change to the garden. Every year it's more or less fire fighting of weeds and the mowing the lawn.So call it 'mid life crisis' but I've...
    Hi there,I've lived in my home for over 10 years but never really made an attempt at making a positive change to the garden. Every year it's more or less fire fighting of weeds and the mowing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. bigbore

Top soil

I would go for the gravel for the first 200mm, that should get the cost down a bit.
    I would go for the gravel for the first 200mm, that should get the cost down a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Barders

Do I need to add anything to the soil?

Thanks Spruce, white would be nice, I can feel a trip to the garden center next weekend coming on!Thanks again. :dbgrtmb:
    Thanks Spruce, white would be nice, I can feel a trip to the garden center next weekend coming on!Thanks again. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sixtie7

Bonemeal?

im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a...
    im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a woven pvc type stuff) and filled with top soil, miracle grow compost and ordinary compost so in all the...
    im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a woven pvc type stuff) and filled with top soil,...
    im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Badflaw

First time buyer. My first Garden.Needs modernising.Where to start!:-)

Hi, i'm a fellow gardening newbie also attempting to spruce up a garden. I was really intimidated at first due to knowing so little (and my garden is much smaller than yours!) so I decided to just...
    Hi, i'm a fellow gardening newbie also attempting to spruce up a garden. I was really intimidated at first due to knowing so little (and my garden is much smaller than yours!) so I decided to just keep things neat and tidy until I felt confident enough to get going (about 6 months later). In...
    Hi, i'm a fellow gardening newbie also attempting to spruce up a garden. I was really intimidated at first due to knowing so little (and my garden is much smaller than yours!) so I decided to just keep things neat and tidy until I felt confident...
    Hi, i'm a fellow gardening newbie also attempting to spruce up a garden. I was really intimidated at first due to knowing so little (and my garden is much smaller than yours!) so I decided to just...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice