1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. "M"

A NW facing garden ...

So much going for a NW facing garden "M". Don't need to educate you on the benefits of soil enrichment with fibre and compost. So many lovely things are happy without the scorching unrelentless...
    So much going for a NW facing garden "M". Don't need to educate you on the benefits of soil enrichment with fibre and compost. So many lovely things are happy without the scorching unrelentless sun. Blooms last longer and shine like beacons if they are intense colours. Begonias ( the big...
    So much going for a NW facing garden "M". Don't need to educate you on the benefits of soil enrichment with fibre and compost. So many lovely things are happy without the scorching unrelentless sun. Blooms last longer and shine like beacons if...
    So much going for a NW facing garden "M". Don't need to educate you on the benefits of soil enrichment with fibre and compost. So many lovely things are happy without the scorching unrelentless...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Penfold

Hedge options

:)Bit hard to see from this photo, but I planted that as a "skirting board" along a Yew hedge :)
    :)Bit hard to see from this photo, but I planted that as a "skirting board" along a Yew hedge :)
    image.jpg IMG_2674_YewSkirtingBerberis.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. bexy13

Seeds Please :D

Thank you :D What variety are they? and do you want me to pm you my address?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. marcvirginia

Tobacco seeds

This was the original (I think?!!) thread on growing Tobacco:and a useful summary here:Could you pop that in your profile pls?
    This was the original (I think?!!) thread on growing Tobacco:and a useful summary here:Could you pop that in your profile pls?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NorthantsGeezer

What happens when plants collide?

Ooooo arghhh shipmates :) Ahhh yes, I think it is a heather actually. I might be confused because the guy was on about alpens for rockeries. I wasn't sure if you could buy anything to put between...
    Ooooo arghhh shipmates :) Ahhh yes, I think it is a heather actually. I might be confused because the guy was on about alpens for rockeries. I wasn't sure if you could buy anything to put between them. A bit like a door bar in my lounge. I will dig the heather out, and trim the carpets. The...
    Ooooo arghhh shipmates :) Ahhh yes, I think it is a heather actually. I might be confused because the guy was on about alpens for rockeries. I wasn't sure if you could buy anything to put between them. A bit like a door bar in my lounge. I will...
    Ooooo arghhh shipmates :) Ahhh yes, I think it is a heather actually. I might be confused because the guy was on about alpens for rockeries. I wasn't sure if you could buy anything to put between...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Octopus Prime

wood ash and urine?

It's good for the soil but if you leave it out in the rain the chemicals start to leach out of it. So you want it in situ as soon as possible. Even small amounts are good. So just throw it on...
    It's good for the soil but if you leave it out in the rain the chemicals start to leach out of it. So you want it in situ as soon as possible. Even small amounts are good. So just throw it on the beds as soon as it has cooled down.I get quite a lot because I have a lot to burn, but it does...
    It's good for the soil but if you leave it out in the rain the chemicals start to leach out of it. So you want it in situ as soon as possible. Even small amounts are good. So just throw it on the beds as soon as it has cooled down.I get...
    It's good for the soil but if you leave it out in the rain the chemicals start to leach out of it. So you want it in situ as soon as possible. Even small amounts are good. So just throw it on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. louicopp

Newbie Mistake

I'll check to see whether 'public transport disease' is one of her qualifications. :heehee:She'll give you advice and try and sort something out for you when she has a spare moment today. :blue thumb:
    I'll check to see whether 'public transport disease' is one of her qualifications. :heehee:She'll give you advice and try and sort something out for you when she has a spare moment today. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. NorthantsGeezer

Is it legal?

Sorry Geezer, I was slow on the uptake! :doh::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Sanderson

Multiple Q's - Aphids, Plant ID And your recommendations...

Can just use pepper oil and garlic now!!Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. haplesspoet

Growing spuds in containers, help!

I "build up the compost" in my Potato containers (1st and 2nd early varieties). It is true that I don't get any/many spuds in the top layer, but as I see it:If I plant them deep they have to use...
    I "build up the compost" in my Potato containers (1st and 2nd early varieties). It is true that I don't get any/many spuds in the top layer, but as I see it:If I plant them deep they have to use energy, and time, before they leaves get to the surface and can start converting sunlight into...
    I "build up the compost" in my Potato containers (1st and 2nd early varieties). It is true that I don't get any/many spuds in the top layer, but as I see it:If I plant them deep they have to use energy, and time, before they leaves get to the...
    I "build up the compost" in my Potato containers (1st and 2nd early varieties). It is true that I don't get any/many spuds in the top layer, but as I see it:If I plant them deep they have to use...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Barry

Seed selection advice needed please!

Runner and French beans are good , quite spectacular how they unfold them selves from the soil . Always reminds me of the skeleton warriors in Jason and the Argonauts :biggrin:
    Runner and French beans are good , quite spectacular how they unfold them selves from the soil . Always reminds me of the skeleton warriors in Jason and the Argonauts :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Paul Sanderson

Plant ID (again) and burnt tips!!

Thanks for the answers guys.The dianthus here has no scent at all...can I split it? Is it meant to be evergreen or did it survive due to the mild winter?I'm from the north east but now live in...
    Thanks for the answers guys.The dianthus here has no scent at all...can I split it? Is it meant to be evergreen or did it survive due to the mild winter?I'm from the north east but now live in sunny North Norfolk, about 4 miles from the sea so shouldn't be salt spray, hopefully!!Sent from...
    Thanks for the answers guys.The dianthus here has no scent at all...can I split it? Is it meant to be evergreen or did it survive due to the mild winter?I'm from the north east but now live in sunny North Norfolk, about 4 miles from the sea...
    Thanks for the answers guys.The dianthus here has no scent at all...can I split it? Is it meant to be evergreen or did it survive due to the mild winter?I'm from the north east but now live in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fern4

Harvesting first earlies?

Thanks Kristen....I'll definitely keep a note of it. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. budala15

Will these shrubs survive?

Give your shrubs a good drink, keep the soil moist, a little feed will go a long way as well. Cut back all dried and dead foliage, but be careful not to cut too deep. You'll be wanting to keep...
    Give your shrubs a good drink, keep the soil moist, a little feed will go a long way as well. Cut back all dried and dead foliage, but be careful not to cut too deep. You'll be wanting to keep whats green! Hope this helps.
    Give your shrubs a good drink, keep the soil moist, a little feed will go a long way as well. Cut back all dried and dead foliage, but be careful not to cut too deep. You'll be wanting to keep whats green! Hope this helps.
    Give your shrubs a good drink, keep the soil moist, a little feed will go a long way as well. Cut back all dried and dead foliage, but be careful not to cut too deep. You'll be wanting to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Catrin

Grapevine

Thanks :) I think I'll move her out then. I was worried that the frost would damage her but now I know otherwise I will find her a nice spot in the garden.
    Thanks :) I think I'll move her out then. I was worried that the frost would damage her but now I know otherwise I will find her a nice spot in the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. heliwilly

Tomato plants - no flowers?

Too many plants per growbag, imo. Sounds like they're competing for light, despite the fact that (as you say) there is plenty of light. A pic would help? I'm guessing they're a bit spindly?
    Too many plants per growbag, imo. Sounds like they're competing for light, despite the fact that (as you say) there is plenty of light. A pic would help? I'm guessing they're a bit spindly?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Terry O'Leary
    Like x 3

Matted roots roller

Hi Terry and welcome aboard :sign0016:I've given your post a like to help you on the way to being able to post pictures for the experts to see what you are dealing with. If that fails, just say and I...
    Hi Terry and welcome aboard :sign0016:I've given your post a like to help you on the way to being able to post pictures for the experts to see what you are dealing with. If that fails, just say and I will PM you my email address and then post a pic on your behalf.Good luck with your new home, and...
    Hi Terry and welcome aboard :sign0016:I've given your post a like to help you on the way to being able to post pictures for the experts to see what you are dealing with. If that fails, just say and I will PM you my email address and then post a pic on...
    Hi Terry and welcome aboard :sign0016:I've given your post a like to help you on the way to being able to post pictures for the experts to see what you are dealing with. If that fails, just say and I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. greenvictoria

Cut off spider plant runners still making babies

fab, thanks very much
    fab, thanks very much
    fab, thanks very much
    fab, thanks very much
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jason23
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Glenn Pierce

Recommended trellis climbers

Hi Glenn welcome to the forumone of the best Clematis for a tub and I have grown is Guernsey cream .I am sure the other knowledgeable members will join in and give you more choiceSpruce
    Hi Glenn welcome to the forumone of the best Clematis for a tub and I have grown is Guernsey cream .I am sure the other knowledgeable members will join in and give you more choiceSpruce
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice