Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. MartinB

Drainage advice needed - help :-)

Thanks. Maybe, I dug it's surface a bit yesterday and it seemed like just a hard ish thin surface with moss and looser soil beneath.For some reason soil related things just confuse me a lot!!
    Thanks. Maybe, I dug it's surface a bit yesterday and it seemed like just a hard ish thin surface with moss and looser soil beneath.For some reason soil related things just confuse me a lot!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. FrancescaH

First time onions and garlic

Cavelonero is easier than spinach for me, and a nice versatile dark green leaf. We use it as it comes and together in curries etc.
    Cavelonero is easier than spinach for me, and a nice versatile dark green leaf. We use it as it comes and together in curries etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Rayla
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Cluelessone

To plant or pot on

I'd leave them in their pot for now. The bulbs won't last long so you'll be able to plant them in the spring after the bulbs finish flowering. It's only a few weeks. As @Mike Allen suggests maybe...
    I'd leave them in their pot for now. The bulbs won't last long so you'll be able to plant them in the spring after the bulbs finish flowering. It's only a few weeks. As @Mike Allen suggests maybe you could plant them in a larger pot for the time being if they seem cramped.
    I'd leave them in their pot for now. The bulbs won't last long so you'll be able to plant them in the spring after the bulbs finish flowering. It's only a few weeks. As @Mike Allen suggests maybe you could plant them in a larger pot for the time...
    I'd leave them in their pot for now. The bulbs won't last long so you'll be able to plant them in the spring after the bulbs finish flowering. It's only a few weeks. As @Mike Allen suggests maybe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Coffee

Help with going forward..

Hi JR thx for the reply... Water butt I have already as a Christmas gift I just need to fix it all up. The composter I was thinking of doing bottom right as you said, just unsure as it gets no sun...
    Hi JR thx for the reply... Water butt I have already as a Christmas gift I just need to fix it all up. The composter I was thinking of doing bottom right as you said, just unsure as it gets no sun down there even in the height of summer. But if u think it should go there I'll go with that.For...
    Hi JR thx for the reply... Water butt I have already as a Christmas gift I just need to fix it all up. The composter I was thinking of doing bottom right as you said, just unsure as it gets no sun down there even in the height of summer. But if u...
    Hi JR thx for the reply... Water butt I have already as a Christmas gift I just need to fix it all up. The composter I was thinking of doing bottom right as you said, just unsure as it gets no sun...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NinaCZ

Tree Lily bulbs - in a box for too long? Help please!

I'm not sure if this would help you but last year I was in a similar situation.I planted some in a mix of compost and vermiculite.I put quite a good handful of vermiculite around the bulb itself...
    I'm not sure if this would help you but last year I was in a similar situation.I planted some in a mix of compost and vermiculite.I put quite a good handful of vermiculite around the bulb itself . I wrapped a few layers of protection fleece around the whole lot. I put these against and partly...
    I'm not sure if this would help you but last year I was in a similar situation.I planted some in a mix of compost and vermiculite.I put quite a good handful of vermiculite around the bulb itself . I wrapped a few layers of protection fleece...
    I'm not sure if this would help you but last year I was in a similar situation.I planted some in a mix of compost and vermiculite.I put quite a good handful of vermiculite around the bulb itself...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Andy_andy

New orchard advice for evergreen hedge

At the moment after some more documentation, Norvegian Spruce is the best for me (and cheap).What is the planting distance, please?My guess will be 2 per meter!?!
    At the moment after some more documentation, Norvegian Spruce is the best for me (and cheap).What is the planting distance, please?My guess will be 2 per meter!?!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. DevonPhil

Overgrown old climbing rose + unknown climbing plant

@DevonPhilYes, I know:dunno::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Scott Chalmers

Help me help my lawn

Ah! I have sussed out what they are now:) they’re to say if you like or agree or find a post helpful or funny ( still finding my way around the site)
    Ah! I have sussed out what they are now:) they’re to say if you like or agree or find a post helpful or funny ( still finding my way around the site)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Daria Klyza

Light problems, please help!

Look out for draughts,water logging and scale insects too :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. SandyNI

To fleece or not to fleece!

Thank you pete. I'm working on a frame to prevent the fleece touching the foliage. It's worth a try!
    Thank you pete. I'm working on a frame to prevent the fleece touching the foliage. It's worth a try!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Matthew Doswell

Fresh restart from seed ?

Welcome to Gardeners Corner Matthew. :)We have quite a few members join with new build garden problems. Quite often builders don't bother providing a garden that's workable and will bury rubbish...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Matthew. :)We have quite a few members join with new build garden problems. Quite often builders don't bother providing a garden that's workable and will bury rubbish and rubble covered with a few inches of soil, turf or grass seed it and walk away. Unfortunately in...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Matthew. :)We have quite a few members join with new build garden problems. Quite often builders don't bother providing a garden that's workable and will bury rubbish and rubble covered with a few inches of soil, turf...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Matthew. :)We have quite a few members join with new build garden problems. Quite often builders don't bother providing a garden that's workable and will bury rubbish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. YellowRose

Moss and aerating / drainage and trees

Wow, just watched the video, that is a lot of planting you did, and so sweet of you may I add. Can I ask where you are based? I see you have many vids up on your channel. The plants have done...
    Wow, just watched the video, that is a lot of planting you did, and so sweet of you may I add. Can I ask where you are based? I see you have many vids up on your channel. The plants have done amazing, your parents must be pleased. ❤
    Wow, just watched the video, that is a lot of planting you did, and so sweet of you may I add. Can I ask where you are based? I see you have many vids up on your channel. The plants have done amazing, your parents must be pleased. ❤
    Wow, just watched the video, that is a lot of planting you did, and so sweet of you may I add. Can I ask where you are based? I see you have many vids up on your channel. The plants have done...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sams321

Gardener newbie

Hi,Do you need Grass for kids to play on etc ?If not, for the size of garden there is so much more you can do.If you search on "small gardens without grass" you will see lots of images,...
    Hi,Do you need Grass for kids to play on etc ?If not, for the size of garden there is so much more you can do.If you search on "small gardens without grass" you will see lots of images, some below, one of which might make you think thats the style for you ?You could do just flowers or...
    Hi,Do you need Grass for kids to play on etc ?If not, for the size of garden there is so much more you can do.If you search on "small gardens without grass" you will see lots of images, some below, one of which might make you think thats...
    Hi,Do you need Grass for kids to play on etc ?If not, for the size of garden there is so much more you can do.If you search on "small gardens without grass" you will see lots of images,...
    002.JPG 017.JPG 000374.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MR DARREN HOPPING

Ideas for Trellis

Hi,The key thing thats missing regarding climbers, it what height is there for them to climb up ?Your pic looks like it may only be 4-5 ft ? though could it clamber over that shed ?As...
    Hi,The key thing thats missing regarding climbers, it what height is there for them to climb up ?Your pic looks like it may only be 4-5 ft ? though could it clamber over that shed ?As @ARMANDII mentions your existing planter is very smalll for a climber, so easy for them to dry out on a...
    Hi,The key thing thats missing regarding climbers, it what height is there for them to climb up ?Your pic looks like it may only be 4-5 ft ? though could it clamber over that shed ?As @ARMANDII mentions your existing planter is very smalll...
    Hi,The key thing thats missing regarding climbers, it what height is there for them to climb up ?Your pic looks like it may only be 4-5 ft ? though could it clamber over that shed ?As...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mane

Patio boarder - preparation

I'd just leave it as is it for now , you can always give it a mulch of compost after planting up.
    I'd just leave it as is it for now , you can always give it a mulch of compost after planting up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ggg

Bareroot boxus hedge

The first year they looked rubbish. 2nd year they'd definitely grown. This year they've really filled in and grown loads. I only wanted a small height box border...about 25cm-30cm high. I planted...
    The first year they looked rubbish. 2nd year they'd definitely grown. This year they've really filled in and grown loads. I only wanted a small height box border...about 25cm-30cm high. I planted 100 at 5 plants per meter. I'm really pleased so far. I've pruned them so they get bushier. I'm...
    The first year they looked rubbish. 2nd year they'd definitely grown. This year they've really filled in and grown loads. I only wanted a small height box border...about 25cm-30cm high. I planted 100 at 5 plants per meter. I'm really pleased so...
    The first year they looked rubbish. 2nd year they'd definitely grown. This year they've really filled in and grown loads. I only wanted a small height box border...about 25cm-30cm high. I planted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mogcat22

Frozen soil in plant pots in cold greenhouse

It wasn't duff information from you, I should have added that once thawed then some insulation would be a good idea. But as we both said moving to a frost free area would be the best thing to do.
    It wasn't duff information from you, I should have added that once thawed then some insulation would be a good idea. But as we both said moving to a frost free area would be the best thing to do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Milto

Novice seeking help - Geraniums

P.s. for Pelargoniums, if you cannot tell the difference yet between, upright and trailing (ivy leaf), feel the leaf, if it feels soft and velvet like its an upright, if it feels thick and waxy...
    P.s. for Pelargoniums, if you cannot tell the difference yet between, upright and trailing (ivy leaf), feel the leaf, if it feels soft and velvet like its an upright, if it feels thick and waxy its a trailer, there are new types known as interspecific, which is a cross between the two, the...
    P.s. for Pelargoniums, if you cannot tell the difference yet between, upright and trailing (ivy leaf), feel the leaf, if it feels soft and velvet like its an upright, if it feels thick and waxy its a trailer, there are new types known as...
    P.s. for Pelargoniums, if you cannot tell the difference yet between, upright and trailing (ivy leaf), feel the leaf, if it feels soft and velvet like its an upright, if it feels thick and waxy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Max6389

Removing mint

Send for Amandii. He will do a quick reccy in his F35, give the odd nuke. Job done.:giggle:
    Send for Amandii. He will do a quick reccy in his F35, give the odd nuke. Job done.:giggle:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice