1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. luciusmaximus

Laying new turf

Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some...
    Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some more, through it). The membrane would, mostly, keep the weeds down; you could cover it with bark so...
    Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some more, through it). The membrane would, mostly, keep...
    Well, another route would be to cover the area with woven mulching fabric - you'd have to chop down the weeds, then fit the weed suppressing membrane around those bushes (and maybe plant some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. gillybean

New begonia

Your Begonia is a house plant Begonia Elatior and is ideal for a bright window sill. It has small split canes for supporting the branches. As Jenny said, they can have a weekly (tomato) feed to...
    Your Begonia is a house plant Begonia Elatior and is ideal for a bright window sill. It has small split canes for supporting the branches. As Jenny said, they can have a weekly (tomato) feed to encourage flowering. It would be ok outside while the nights are warm but I think they are best...
    Your Begonia is a house plant Begonia Elatior and is ideal for a bright window sill. It has small split canes for supporting the branches. As Jenny said, they can have a weekly (tomato) feed to encourage flowering. It would be ok outside while...
    Your Begonia is a house plant Begonia Elatior and is ideal for a bright window sill. It has small split canes for supporting the branches. As Jenny said, they can have a weekly (tomato) feed to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lizzerti

Dahlia advice please

Thanks Kristen and all. Here's my dahlias, all preened and potted. I haven't trimmed where there are flowers and I see a ball shape or two..so more flowers coming. Fingers crossed I can overwinter...
    Thanks Kristen and all. Here's my dahlias, all preened and potted. I haven't trimmed where there are flowers and I see a ball shape or two..so more flowers coming. Fingers crossed I can overwinter successfully. Prob move pots into conservatory soon.
    Thanks Kristen and all. Here's my dahlias, all preened and potted. I haven't trimmed where there are flowers and I see a ball shape or two..so more flowers coming. Fingers crossed I can overwinter successfully. Prob move pots into conservatory soon.
    Thanks Kristen and all. Here's my dahlias, all preened and potted. I haven't trimmed where there are flowers and I see a ball shape or two..so more flowers coming. Fingers crossed I can overwinter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Snorky85

Sweet potatoes

Do you think theyd survive in the greenhouse over winter?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snorky85

Over wintering plants...

Thank you harry, that's really helpful! I've got plenty of shredding so will do what you've done. :)
    Thank you harry, that's really helpful! I've got plenty of shredding so will do what you've done. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sk1pr@
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Snorky85

Am i going to get more raspberries???

Yep-just got one plant to see if I could manage to grow it. I think I will get another one as the rasps are really tasty.Will have to look up pruning technique. Last year i just chopped it down...
    Yep-just got one plant to see if I could manage to grow it. I think I will get another one as the rasps are really tasty.Will have to look up pruning technique. Last year i just chopped it down as it looked dead and it just grew back :)
    Yep-just got one plant to see if I could manage to grow it. I think I will get another one as the rasps are really tasty.Will have to look up pruning technique. Last year i just chopped it down as it looked dead and it just grew back :)
    Yep-just got one plant to see if I could manage to grow it. I think I will get another one as the rasps are really tasty.Will have to look up pruning technique. Last year i just chopped it down...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. SharonL

Garden makeover advice, low maintenance

LOL not according to my fella Sheal, I'm sure he has that SAD syndrome, he never stops moaning that it rains all the time as far as he's concerned! And I'm with Billy Connolly on that...
    LOL not according to my fella Sheal, I'm sure he has that SAD syndrome, he never stops moaning that it rains all the time as far as he's concerned! And I'm with Billy Connolly on that subject:"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes"
    LOL not according to my fella Sheal, I'm sure he has that SAD syndrome, he never stops moaning that it rains all the time as far as he's concerned! And I'm with Billy Connolly on that subject:"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the...
    LOL not according to my fella Sheal, I'm sure he has that SAD syndrome, he never stops moaning that it rains all the time as far as he's concerned! And I'm with Billy Connolly on that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Snorky85

Not sure what to do next...any thoughts?

Probably ok for seed, but not a greenhouse in sight........................
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409903109.083407.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409903122.573158.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409908855.533778.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409908879.556962.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410019573.430601.jpg Capture.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. HumaadGardening

Urgent help please! Veg patch gone wrong!

Outdoor tomatoes are a bit of a gamble crop. They start to fruit relatively late in the season because you can't plant them out until a) frosts have finished and ideally b) night temperatures...
    Outdoor tomatoes are a bit of a gamble crop. They start to fruit relatively late in the season because you can't plant them out until a) frosts have finished and ideally b) night temperatures stay above 10C. That shortens the growing season, and Tomatoes start shutting up shop as the light...
    Outdoor tomatoes are a bit of a gamble crop. They start to fruit relatively late in the season because you can't plant them out until a) frosts have finished and ideally b) night temperatures stay above 10C. That shortens the growing season, and...
    Outdoor tomatoes are a bit of a gamble crop. They start to fruit relatively late in the season because you can't plant them out until a) frosts have finished and ideally b) night temperatures...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Graeme Samuels

Book suggestions please

Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as...
    Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as previously said most books are aimed at suggesting what you should get rather than identifying what you...
    Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as previously said most books are aimed at suggesting what...
    Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. BeatriceSimoni

Hello, this is where I'm at, tips appreciated

Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment...
    Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment as well, I can keep us in fresh, real food throughout the year. Thank God for that!
    Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment as well, I can keep us in fresh, real food...
    Thanks M, it's been a lot of hard work, especially over the winter, what with digging & amending the beds etc Makes it all worth it to see everything so green though.Now I've got the allotment...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. maria

is heather a good ground cover?

Probably covered earlier in the thread, but it wants an acid soil (unless you plant E. carnea, which is winter flowering)
    Probably covered earlier in the thread, but it wants an acid soil (unless you plant E. carnea, which is winter flowering)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BeatriceSimoni

New grower here. What is this plant?

Good evening Beatrice, :sign0016: to Gardeners Corner. So glad you found us - lots of members who know an awful lot about - well, just about anything in the garden, Jenny namaste
    Good evening Beatrice, :sign0016: to Gardeners Corner. So glad you found us - lots of members who know an awful lot about - well, just about anything in the garden, Jenny namaste
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. confused new gardener

Can anyone identify this plant.

ive manged to figure out how to do it, and thats a great idea, got my two plants in my gallery now thanks for that idea. cheers
    ive manged to figure out how to do it, and thats a great idea, got my two plants in my gallery now thanks for that idea. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nash

Lavender and Lilies

Thanks for prompt reply Lea ....i will get there lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. blacktulip

Without any experience, I am facing a ruined garden

It's about 120 - 150 sq. metres . Quite a large area
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ollie Scarth
    Like x 4

I will become greenfingered!

That's not been my experience, the Dogs only tinkle so they can mark multiple spots, and they rarely go on the lawn preferring a bush somewhere to the side, whereas the Bitches squat down and dump...
    That's not been my experience, the Dogs only tinkle so they can mark multiple spots, and they rarely go on the lawn preferring a bush somewhere to the side, whereas the Bitches squat down and dump their whole, concentrated, load in one spot ...I've heard about Dogrocks (or whatever they are...
    That's not been my experience, the Dogs only tinkle so they can mark multiple spots, and they rarely go on the lawn preferring a bush somewhere to the side, whereas the Bitches squat down and dump their whole, concentrated, load in one spot...
    That's not been my experience, the Dogs only tinkle so they can mark multiple spots, and they rarely go on the lawn preferring a bush somewhere to the side, whereas the Bitches squat down and dump...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Badboybubba

Hi I'm not sure what this is, if anyone can help it would appreciated. I'm new to this!

A neighbour of mine thinks it could be 'sedum Purple Emperor ' but thanks to all who replied! [emoji5]Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
    A neighbour of mine thinks it could be 'sedum Purple Emperor ' but thanks to all who replied! [emoji5]Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Granty

Berberis stenophylla lost its flowers, hasn't flowered since

Yes there are.
    Yes there are.
    Yes there are.
    Yes there are.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice