1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. "M"

Roofs and water collection query.

Let's look at this from a different angle if you'll excuse the pun! :) If the shed in question was going in my garden I'd let the site of where it would be make the decision on what type of roof. If...
    Let's look at this from a different angle if you'll excuse the pun! :) If the shed in question was going in my garden I'd let the site of where it would be make the decision on what type of roof. If the shed is going to be sheltered by perhaps trees it's not going to make any difference how that...
    Let's look at this from a different angle if you'll excuse the pun! :) If the shed in question was going in my garden I'd let the site of where it would be make the decision on what type of roof. If the shed is going to be sheltered by perhaps...
    Let's look at this from a different angle if you'll excuse the pun! :) If the shed in question was going in my garden I'd let the site of where it would be make the decision on what type of roof. If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. claypit

Essential Tools for the Beginner Gardener?

A Halfmoon Lawn Edger, a genuine great all-rounder in the garden environment.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jrd1111

Best trees from throwing seeds

When I bought our house the garden was just bare clay soil put there by the builders but by the time we could move in and I could mow it (about a year and a half later) weeds had grown to waist...
    When I bought our house the garden was just bare clay soil put there by the builders but by the time we could move in and I could mow it (about a year and a half later) weeds had grown to waist height. As I was cutting them down I noticed some stems with broad leaves, so I thought, ah ha! Trees!...
    When I bought our house the garden was just bare clay soil put there by the builders but by the time we could move in and I could mow it (about a year and a half later) weeds had grown to waist height. As I was cutting them down I noticed some...
    When I bought our house the garden was just bare clay soil put there by the builders but by the time we could move in and I could mow it (about a year and a half later) weeds had grown to waist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jojos

My wasteland, what do?

Go to war on that now. Weedkiller first and then blood, sweat and tears digging it out. You may be able to identify the Raspberry roots and runners and pot these up temporarily.Dig them out....
    Go to war on that now. Weedkiller first and then blood, sweat and tears digging it out. You may be able to identify the Raspberry roots and runners and pot these up temporarily.Dig them out. They ain't got much going for them and do spread.Ultimately I think that you need to look to an...
    Go to war on that now. Weedkiller first and then blood, sweat and tears digging it out. You may be able to identify the Raspberry roots and runners and pot these up temporarily.Dig them out. They ain't got much going for them and do...
    Go to war on that now. Weedkiller first and then blood, sweat and tears digging it out. You may be able to identify the Raspberry roots and runners and pot these up temporarily.Dig them out....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ping

Completely new to gardening! What to do with my garden?! (Help and ideas needed)

Because you want to maximise the grass and to plant screening plants, you might find it a lot easier not having a border at all.The no border method means any border appears naturally as the...
    Because you want to maximise the grass and to plant screening plants, you might find it a lot easier not having a border at all.The no border method means any border appears naturally as the plants grow.Dig a big hole depending on the plant (up to 2 x 2 x 2 ft or more for tree saplings)....
    Because you want to maximise the grass and to plant screening plants, you might find it a lot easier not having a border at all.The no border method means any border appears naturally as the plants grow.Dig a big hole depending on the plant...
    Because you want to maximise the grass and to plant screening plants, you might find it a lot easier not having a border at all.The no border method means any border appears naturally as the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. spiller1960

Clearing out to start again...

Plant grass and mow it. Grass easily supresses ground elder.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. gillybean

getting frustrated with my plant

Ok I will move the plant for a while and see if that does any good when I took the cutting last year it grew a very tall stork then had a few keaves and flowers right zt the top and then allmof a...
    Ok I will move the plant for a while and see if that does any good when I took the cutting last year it grew a very tall stork then had a few keaves and flowers right zt the top and then allmof a sudden it seems to have gone wild on top with nothi g at the bottom I have trimmed some off the top...
    Ok I will move the plant for a while and see if that does any good when I took the cutting last year it grew a very tall stork then had a few keaves and flowers right zt the top and then allmof a sudden it seems to have gone wild on top with...
    Ok I will move the plant for a while and see if that does any good when I took the cutting last year it grew a very tall stork then had a few keaves and flowers right zt the top and then allmof a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Matty Kelly

Weed identification

Its an area about 3 meters long 1.5 meters wide i have done a little digging in area it has effected and it does not look good possibly 100 meteres of roots all tangled. Looks like the chemicle...
    Its an area about 3 meters long 1.5 meters wide i have done a little digging in area it has effected and it does not look good possibly 100 meteres of roots all tangled. Looks like the chemicle approch is what i need thank you all
    Its an area about 3 meters long 1.5 meters wide i have done a little digging in area it has effected and it does not look good possibly 100 meteres of roots all tangled. Looks like the chemicle approch is what i need thank you all
    Its an area about 3 meters long 1.5 meters wide i have done a little digging in area it has effected and it does not look good possibly 100 meteres of roots all tangled. Looks like the chemicle...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stevie

Watering pots in troughs

This article and it's related links might give you a better insight into watering;
    This article and it's related links might give you a better insight into watering;
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Magnolia X

Inherited flowers ID needed

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ally Sparham

Lamb's ear beginner

They look a bit crammed in there. Mine are all flowering now so if you could give them a bit more space in a trough they would do better.Welcome to the forum by the way :)
    They look a bit crammed in there. Mine are all flowering now so if you could give them a bit more space in a trough they would do better.Welcome to the forum by the way :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Scrimmers

Can you help me identify these plants?

Welcome to GC heevan. The plant above is Hibiscus and they prefer full sun. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Katri-Ann Malina

White mold on berries-or whiteflies?

Welcome to GC Katri-Ann. I can't be certain but they look like Woolly aphids to me but most aphids can be destroyed by spraying with soapy water. :)
    Welcome to GC Katri-Ann. I can't be certain but they look like Woolly aphids to me but most aphids can be destroyed by spraying with soapy water. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. adrianm

Germinating Roses

I've germinated some species roses from seed and they can be slow to germinate even after stratification, 6 to 12 months.
    I've germinated some species roses from seed and they can be slow to germinate even after stratification, 6 to 12 months.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. deadfrog66

greenhouse shade

I got a palram greenhouse what the best to get shade in itSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I got a palram greenhouse what the best to get shade in itSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. deadfrog66

What tree is this

ThanksSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. deadfrog66

Soil testing

In soilSent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. gillybean

my kalanchoe

I have got a cutting from it already the plant itself is actually a cutting I took last year but yes I think I might try the leaf thing too the cutting I took is more of a trimming off the top
    I have got a cutting from it already the plant itself is actually a cutting I took last year but yes I think I might try the leaf thing too the cutting I took is more of a trimming off the top
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. AmandaB

Do you feed herbs, if so what do you use?

Thanks again :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. luciusmaximus

Planting Clematis in a Pot

Clematis ArabellaWell, it's certainly a nice Clematis and has been given the RHS Award of Garden Merit...and I like the blue shades, although it's a bit small in habit for me as it will only...
    Clematis ArabellaWell, it's certainly a nice Clematis and has been given the RHS Award of Garden Merit...and I like the blue shades, although it's a bit small in habit for me as it will only grow to at the most 2.5 metres.:snork:The biggest pot possible is the answer but an 18" pot should...
    Clematis ArabellaWell, it's certainly a nice Clematis and has been given the RHS Award of Garden Merit...and I like the blue shades, although it's a bit small in habit for me as it will only grow to at the most 2.5 metres.:snork:The biggest pot...
    Clematis ArabellaWell, it's certainly a nice Clematis and has been given the RHS Award of Garden Merit...and I like the blue shades, although it's a bit small in habit for me as it will only...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice