1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. ThePlantAssassin

Buddleia Buzz

Yep, herbaceous Nick. Bigger and better next year Don’t grow this one .....looks a little beauty. :)Trouble with the forum is someone is always coming up with yet another must have plant:yay:
    Yep, herbaceous Nick. Bigger and better next year Don’t grow this one .....looks a little beauty. :)Trouble with the forum is someone is always coming up with yet another must have plant:yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rayla

Budding Honeysuckle

Great, thanks for the info
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. doubleudee

Broccoli?

Looks like its a bit far gone to me and should have been picked earlier, it often starts to bolt if we get a warm spell.
    Looks like its a bit far gone to me and should have been picked earlier, it often starts to bolt if we get a warm spell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fuzzybear888

Brick planter depth for camellia and hedging

All I would say is they can be not deep enough, but they can never be too deep. I'd always prefer they were open at the bottom to allow the roots to penetrate the soil below.
    All I would say is they can be not deep enough, but they can never be too deep. I'd always prefer they were open at the bottom to allow the roots to penetrate the soil below.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. claypit

Brand New Garden!

:wow: @claypit what a fabulous job :hapydancsmil:you've made of the garden :dbgrtmb:. I hope this year you will be having lots of time relaxing in your garden & admiring it :dbgrtmb:
    :wow: @claypit what a fabulous job :hapydancsmil:you've made of the garden :dbgrtmb:. I hope this year you will be having lots of time relaxing in your garden & admiring it :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Turn1

Bramble jungle!!

I thought that about the last mrs zigs :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Barders

Box Hedges - Am I killing them with kindness or something worse please?

Thank you again :ThankYou:, apart from giving them their shower tomorrow, I will stop watering them now and give the poor things a chance :biggrin:
    Thank you again :ThankYou:, apart from giving them their shower tomorrow, I will stop watering them now and give the poor things a chance :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kevin73

Bottlebrush advice

So I need to cut it all the way to bottom? Most of the tree is brown.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bigbore

borders with bulbs

I usually get two years from Tulips planted in deep pots but not as much luck in a border even when just as deep. Don't know why!
    I usually get two years from Tulips planted in deep pots but not as much luck in a border even when just as deep. Don't know why!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Dean

Books

Good bog reading that one :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Graeme Samuels

Book suggestions please

Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as...
    Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as previously said most books are aimed at suggesting what you should get rather than identifying what you...
    Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as previously said most books are aimed at suggesting what...
    Hi Graeme. I have a book called Sensational Shrubs by Richard Bird (pbl 1998) which has good photos of most of the most common garden shrubs along with help regarding cultivation etc but as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. GaGa73

Bonsai questions

Good afternoon @GaGa73'RULE OF THUMB' FOR SIZING UP YOUR BONSAI POT The basic principles for estimating your ideal pot size is relative to your bonsai tree, making it really easy to calculate....
    Good afternoon @GaGa73'RULE OF THUMB' FOR SIZING UP YOUR BONSAI POT The basic principles for estimating your ideal pot size is relative to your bonsai tree, making it really easy to calculate. The length of the pot is determined by the bonsai's height, the depth of the pot is determined by...
    Good afternoon @GaGa73'RULE OF THUMB' FOR SIZING UP YOUR BONSAI POT The basic principles for estimating your ideal pot size is relative to your bonsai tree, making it really easy to calculate. The length of the pot is determined by the...
    Good afternoon @GaGa73'RULE OF THUMB' FOR SIZING UP YOUR BONSAI POT The basic principles for estimating your ideal pot size is relative to your bonsai tree, making it really easy to calculate....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clorgan

Bonsai help please!

So it seems!!! :gaah: Keeping fingers crossed!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sixtie7

Bonemeal?

im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a...
    im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a woven pvc type stuff) and filled with top soil, miracle grow compost and ordinary compost so in all the...
    im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a woven pvc type stuff) and filled with top soil,...
    im due to be planting up (and building!) my raised border beds in a week or so they're going to be dug low, covered with a thick weed proof membrane (recommended by garden centre - it's like a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. geoff956

Blueberry?

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. seantmurphy1

BLUE COLEUS

This is consumerism at it's worst... A one 'size' fits all Donkey/ Llama / Alpaca to cover multi global holiday outlets. I bet they were produced in China and subbed out to a factory in Taiwan....
    This is consumerism at it's worst... A one 'size' fits all Donkey/ Llama / Alpaca to cover multi global holiday outlets. I bet they were produced in China and subbed out to a factory in Taiwan. Back on topic i see that Thompson & Morgan are offering a blue poppy meconopsis 'Lingholm' which is...
    This is consumerism at it's worst... A one 'size' fits all Donkey/ Llama / Alpaca to cover multi global holiday outlets. I bet they were produced in China and subbed out to a factory in Taiwan. Back on topic i see that Thompson & Morgan are...
    This is consumerism at it's worst... A one 'size' fits all Donkey/ Llama / Alpaca to cover multi global holiday outlets. I bet they were produced in China and subbed out to a factory in Taiwan....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. "M"

Blood, fish and bonemeal advice please

Hey, theres a big difference between sprinkle and chuck! ;)No worries, just tried putting a bit in my hand and one didn't flinch, so only the other 2 to try! :fingers crossed:
    Hey, theres a big difference between sprinkle and chuck! ;)No worries, just tried putting a bit in my hand and one didn't flinch, so only the other 2 to try! :fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ThePlantAssassin

Blood fish and bone amounts

Thank you so much. Very kind of you to let me know. :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gn0me

Bleach instead of weed killer?

Okay, bleach it isn't. I thought it might be just more effective but now realising it may be too effective in terms of damaging, even for a patio. I guess it'll murder all the creepie crawlies as...
    Okay, bleach it isn't. I thought it might be just more effective but now realising it may be too effective in terms of damaging, even for a patio. I guess it'll murder all the creepie crawlies as well. Can't have that on my conscience. Thanks very much, case closed!
    Okay, bleach it isn't. I thought it might be just more effective but now realising it may be too effective in terms of damaging, even for a patio. I guess it'll murder all the creepie crawlies as well. Can't have that on my conscience. Thanks...
    Okay, bleach it isn't. I thought it might be just more effective but now realising it may be too effective in terms of damaging, even for a patio. I guess it'll murder all the creepie crawlies as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Goku

Blackfly Infestation On Cherry Tree/Growing Parsley.

I have the same problem with Stella. I try to keep on top of it by having a birdfeeder hanging in the tree all year to attract the tits who while waiting their turn at the feeder eat a few...
    I have the same problem with Stella. I try to keep on top of it by having a birdfeeder hanging in the tree all year to attract the tits who while waiting their turn at the feeder eat a few aphids....that's the theory. Also I pick off any infested leaves or shoots as soon as I see signs of...
    I have the same problem with Stella. I try to keep on top of it by having a birdfeeder hanging in the tree all year to attract the tits who while waiting their turn at the feeder eat a few aphids....that's the theory. Also I pick off any...
    I have the same problem with Stella. I try to keep on top of it by having a birdfeeder hanging in the tree all year to attract the tits who while waiting their turn at the feeder eat a few...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice