1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Happy Gardener 1

Business Start Up Queries

If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting...
    If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting stopped by police and fined
    If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting stopped by police and fined
    If using your car for work, make sure it insured for business and PLG and check your car tax as wellAs lots of people are using cars which are PLG road tax for deliving goods and are geting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tara Jane

Have I killed my agapanthus?

Oh good. Thank you. They are lovely!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tara Jane

Antirrhinums

ok. thank you
    ok. thank you
    ok. thank you
    ok. thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kelc

What can I start now

Saturday it is.. excited now
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kelc

New seeds

Aww love that
    Aww love that
    Aww love that
    Aww love that
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kelc

Help needed please

Thankyou I will certainly go look for that book now
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. PJA190
    Like x 6

New Gardener - Newbie advice welcome

You sound quite an expert already:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Genevieve75

Rhododendron - still a stem with leaves at the top after 3 years!

Thanks Pete. I'll follow your advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JordanCornish

Complete beginner here!

Hi Jordan welcome, I'm new here too but loving the advice. Look forward to seeing plants grow :)
    Hi Jordan welcome, I'm new here too but loving the advice. Look forward to seeing plants grow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Chris123

Bark treatment

Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a...
    Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a lovely tree.Lets hope nature sorts it.
    Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a lovely tree.Lets hope nature sorts it.
    Hi.. thanks for the reply.Hes managed to nibble id say the front half.. but as in the pics there is a fair bit left.I guess its just a case of seeing what happens.. could scream as its such a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Rayla

Budding Honeysuckle

Great, thanks for the info
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Vegasbaby

removing heavily weeded area

Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy...
    Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy by hand from around each tree to a circle of at least a couple if feet from the trunks. Don't...
    Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy by hand from around each tree to a circle of at...
    Some photos would be good. This doesn't sound like a one year fix to me, sort the fencing out by all means. Not quite understanding the part about culvert, drainage ditches?I'd remove all ivy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JimmyB

Shallots and garlic

I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening...
    I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening off and planting outside in March / April depending on weather conditions. Harvested in Sept and...
    I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening off and planting outside in March / April...
    I grow shallot Zebrune (same as pete above) - a packet of seed is a couple of quid which last me 2 or 3 years - growing around 50 plants/year. Sow in Jan/Feb in seed trays and aim to be hardening...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Andrea Youll

Hypericum nummalarium

Yes I looked it up too I'll be over the moon if it looks as pretty as those images . Yeah the pot has drainage holes but I added some pebbles to the bottom before I potted it. I haven't watered...
    Yes I looked it up too I'll be over the moon if it looks as pretty as those images . Yeah the pot has drainage holes but I added some pebbles to the bottom before I potted it. I haven't watered it much either (mainly through forgetfulness) but it doesn't seem to mind, coming from the North...
    Yes I looked it up too I'll be over the moon if it looks as pretty as those images . Yeah the pot has drainage holes but I added some pebbles to the bottom before I potted it. I haven't watered it much either (mainly through forgetfulness) but...
    Yes I looked it up too I'll be over the moon if it looks as pretty as those images . Yeah the pot has drainage holes but I added some pebbles to the bottom before I potted it. I haven't watered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. portoman

In a planter - should I cut holes above the drainage hole?

I use broken up polystyrene in the bottom of planters and big pots to aid drainage and in order to aid water retention in summer I mix in water retention granules with the compost.
    I use broken up polystyrene in the bottom of planters and big pots to aid drainage and in order to aid water retention in summer I mix in water retention granules with the compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. portoman

Soil Calculation for Planters - seems too much?

The B&Q 125l bag of multipurpose compost is extremely heavy.G.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JimmyB

Taking down my raised beds…

Yeah - that looks effective but I lose the view of the wood which I'd prefer to keep: I'd make everything from wood if I could...love the textures and natural feel it brings, specially in a...
    Yeah - that looks effective but I lose the view of the wood which I'd prefer to keep: I'd make everything from wood if I could...love the textures and natural feel it brings, specially in a garden. (Hence the new green house which a mate, tongue in cheek, called L'Orangerie the other day... I...
    Yeah - that looks effective but I lose the view of the wood which I'd prefer to keep: I'd make everything from wood if I could...love the textures and natural feel it brings, specially in a garden. (Hence the new green house which a mate, tongue...
    Yeah - that looks effective but I lose the view of the wood which I'd prefer to keep: I'd make everything from wood if I could...love the textures and natural feel it brings, specially in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. portoman

Wood Treatment for New Planters - Ideas please!

I'm the proud owner of a deep fat fryer, so I buy those 5 litre containers of sunflower oil to fill it up.
    I'm the proud owner of a deep fat fryer, so I buy those 5 litre containers of sunflower oil to fill it up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TimGrayling

tree roots

Ok, thanks for that. With a bit of luck they will be nothing to do with the tree.
    Ok, thanks for that. With a bit of luck they will be nothing to do with the tree.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. TimGrayling

ideas for maintaining space between plants

Thanks very much, I will take that advice.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice