Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. DaveMK

I've "pruned" my Viburnum Snowball bush -eek!

Hi Barb, Pleased to report my pruning worked out fine. Only a few blooms this year but I could see soon after pruning that new growth was coming, even from lower unpromising areas. Black fly this...
    Hi Barb, Pleased to report my pruning worked out fine. Only a few blooms this year but I could see soon after pruning that new growth was coming, even from lower unpromising areas. Black fly this year have homed in a lovely (pruned) Philadelphus which is right next to my compost bin, from which...
    Hi Barb, Pleased to report my pruning worked out fine. Only a few blooms this year but I could see soon after pruning that new growth was coming, even from lower unpromising areas. Black fly this year have homed in a lovely (pruned) Philadelphus...
    Hi Barb, Pleased to report my pruning worked out fine. Only a few blooms this year but I could see soon after pruning that new growth was coming, even from lower unpromising areas. Black fly this...
    upload_2020-7-20_12-10-56.png 20210706_122106.jpg 23CB8D36-58FF-4A66-918D-17D5317626B2.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ACNorth

Recommendations of plants that grow tall but are spindly/flimsy please

Agastache grows tall and flimsy, though I never had a problem with it falling over even without staking, looks pretty and attracts bees like crazy.
    Agastache grows tall and flimsy, though I never had a problem with it falling over even without staking, looks pretty and attracts bees like crazy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kevin Cowans

Peony 'Festiva Maxima' collapsed under the weight of the blooms

Finally I had the time to upload a photo of my peony hanging around quite sadly.
    Finally I had the time to upload a photo of my peony hanging around quite sadly.
    IMG_20210619_081353.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Snorky85

Philadelphus "starbright"

Yes @Snorky85 , it smells nice in flower close up, but isn’t particularly fragrant (I think it was an Aldi cheapy, there is always a catch!). I get far better scent from my Mexican orange blossom...
    Yes @Snorky85 , it smells nice in flower close up, but isn’t particularly fragrant (I think it was an Aldi cheapy, there is always a catch!). I get far better scent from my Mexican orange blossom choisya ternata.
    Yes @Snorky85 , it smells nice in flower close up, but isn’t particularly fragrant (I think it was an Aldi cheapy, there is always a catch!). I get far better scent from my Mexican orange blossom choisya ternata.
    Yes @Snorky85 , it smells nice in flower close up, but isn’t particularly fragrant (I think it was an Aldi cheapy, there is always a catch!). I get far better scent from my Mexican orange blossom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

Clematis 'Nelly Moser' drooping after heavy rain shower

Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early...
    Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early July so I will see how it fairs, if all goes well I may get another to replace the 'Nelly Moser' that...
    Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early July so I will see how it fairs, if all goes well I...
    Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lauraj

Pruning pearl bush

I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been...
    I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been trailed up a trellis but this is struggling to hold it up now. It’s about 2.5m high 3m wide and 1m...
    I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been trailed up a trellis but this is struggling to...
    I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been...
    185B4EA9-9BD5-40F1-BF92-68D514307428.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. barryman

Solanum Glasnevin - Chilean potato plant

No idea, only ever seen it as a climber on a wall. Frequent pruning might make flowers few and far between.
    No idea, only ever seen it as a climber on a wall. Frequent pruning might make flowers few and far between.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Shaneoak

Hollyhocks

They've been getting increasingly expensive for years. I love them, but for some reason Lupins just keel over and die in my garden.
    They've been getting increasingly expensive for years. I love them, but for some reason Lupins just keel over and die in my garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gizmo

Garden plants /pets

Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond...
    Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond but on a smaller scale Thanks for the help and advice
    Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond but on a smaller scale Thanks for the help and advice
    Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nikolaos

Need Dwarf Lilac Cultivar Suggestions, Please!

Thanks very much for the recommendation, @Graham B! :blue thumb: No, I already have an Ivory 'Buzz' buddleia and adore it, trouble is flowering time is all wrong for my rather esoteric purpose of wanting to...
    Thanks very much for the recommendation, @Graham B! :blue thumb: No, I already have an Ivory 'Buzz' buddleia and adore it, trouble is flowering time is all wrong for my rather esoteric purpose of wanting to attract Brimstone butterflies in Spring! :biggrin: But wow, apart from having my heart set on burgundy your...
    Thanks very much for the recommendation, @Graham B! :blue thumb: No, I already have an Ivory 'Buzz' buddleia and adore it, trouble is flowering time is all wrong for my rather esoteric purpose of wanting to attract Brimstone butterflies in Spring! :biggrin: But wow,...
    Thanks very much for the recommendation, @Graham B! :blue thumb: No, I already have an Ivory 'Buzz' buddleia and adore it, trouble is flowering time is all wrong for my rather esoteric purpose of wanting to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Appleblossom31

Clemetis problem?? Dalhia ID

Yippee The flowerless clemetis from last year has flowered can I please have an ID please
    Yippee The flowerless clemetis from last year has flowered can I please have an ID please
    15995568906003523511210669917565.jpg 15995569258947739571571666210309.jpg 15995569548934273621261873079250.jpg 15995569866724418803721738975507.jpg 15995570188247092970347538265211.jpg IMG_20210519_134259.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kevin Cowans

How do I move a small Hosta

Hello allWell, I have managed to move the Hosta to it's new home.I sprinkled some Blood Fish and Bone around it and watered it well.Hopefully, it will recover and continue to...
    Hello allWell, I have managed to move the Hosta to it's new home.I sprinkled some Blood Fish and Bone around it and watered it well.Hopefully, it will recover and continue to thrive.Thanks for your help.Kevin
    Hello allWell, I have managed to move the Hosta to it's new home.I sprinkled some Blood Fish and Bone around it and watered it well.Hopefully, it will recover and continue to thrive.Thanks for your help.Kevin
    Hello allWell, I have managed to move the Hosta to it's new home.I sprinkled some Blood Fish and Bone around it and watered it well.Hopefully, it will recover and continue to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. barryman

Laurel problem

I'd suggest doing the scratch test of the bark in various places. It looks to me like its died.
    I'd suggest doing the scratch test of the bark in various places. It looks to me like its died.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Marley Farley
    Like x 4

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

New Thread Here:-SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Shaneoak

Only a few Tulips of the same type have bloomed...

I think due to the cold spring, well its been a cold one where I am, there is still time for the later varieties.When are you looking only they close up at night and open up as the temperature...
    I think due to the cold spring, well its been a cold one where I am, there is still time for the later varieties.When are you looking only they close up at night and open up as the temperature rises. I don't see anything wrong in your pictures.
    I think due to the cold spring, well its been a cold one where I am, there is still time for the later varieties.When are you looking only they close up at night and open up as the temperature rises. I don't see anything wrong in your pictures.
    I think due to the cold spring, well its been a cold one where I am, there is still time for the later varieties.When are you looking only they close up at night and open up as the temperature...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Syd Hutchinson

Abyssinian banana

It's back in the workshop now until it stays warmer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pewe

Moving rose trees

yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out...
    yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out of strong winds , try and get a large root ball water the night before ..... no need to feed just...
    yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out of strong winds , try and get a large root ball...
    yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaneoak

California Poppy seeds dropped....

If the tulips are deeply planted, a light watering, (enough to keep the top 1cm damp) won't affect them, but it will help germinate the poppies :)
    If the tulips are deeply planted, a light watering, (enough to keep the top 1cm damp) won't affect them, but it will help germinate the poppies :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tabbee

Daphne looking unwell

@CarolineL The wisdom of planting in exactly the same spot had crossed my mind and I'm looking to put it in near the same path rather than in the same place. You are right they are not a cheap...
    @CarolineL The wisdom of planting in exactly the same spot had crossed my mind and I'm looking to put it in near the same path rather than in the same place. You are right they are not a cheap plant to replace.
    @CarolineL The wisdom of planting in exactly the same spot had crossed my mind and I'm looking to put it in near the same path rather than in the same place. You are right they are not a cheap plant to replace.
    @CarolineL The wisdom of planting in exactly the same spot had crossed my mind and I'm looking to put it in near the same path rather than in the same place. You are right they are not a cheap...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. DavidMey

House plant newbie question

You're welcome.
    You're welcome.
    You're welcome.
    You're welcome.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice