1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. roders
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. nikirushka

Unhappy crocosmia

To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each...
    To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each tyre, by about a half they will soon bulk up again and fill the tyres.
    To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each tyre, by about a half they will soon bulk up again...
    To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. nikirushka

Yucca needs

The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA,...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA, tend to be shorter, some such as Y. filamentosa or flaccida, dont actually form an above ground stem. ...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA, tend to be shorter, some such as Y. filamentosa or...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. kindredspirit
    Like x 9

Some new ferns picked up at the weekend.

Mine were all in pots. I didn't buy any plugs. That must be the difference.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Stuart Edgar

Drooping Bombshell hydrangea

Yeah I think that's what it's been, they seem to have perked up a bit now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kris1990

Please help.

I'm still killing them too :heehee:Kris - how much root was there when you took them out of the pots?
    I'm still killing them too :heehee:Kris - how much root was there when you took them out of the pots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. phalnoob

lighting help

Hi Phalnoob.Lighting can get a bit expensive if you use it over a long period. I think you need to get them as close to the window as possible. I have a light meter, and its amazing how quickly...
    Hi Phalnoob.Lighting can get a bit expensive if you use it over a long period. I think you need to get them as close to the window as possible. I have a light meter, and its amazing how quickly the light falls off if you move just a couple of feet away from the window
    Hi Phalnoob.Lighting can get a bit expensive if you use it over a long period. I think you need to get them as close to the window as possible. I have a light meter, and its amazing how quickly the light falls off if you move just a couple of...
    Hi Phalnoob.Lighting can get a bit expensive if you use it over a long period. I think you need to get them as close to the window as possible. I have a light meter, and its amazing how quickly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. phalnoob

zz plant

I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends to get heavily watered, and misted three times a day, as its surrounded by bananas, cannas and...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends to get heavily watered, and misted three times a...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. nikirushka

Suggestions please!

Pyracantha has thorns on it, lovely flowers and berries for the birds in winter. It makes a very nice hedge and bees love the flowers and it's evergreen.
    Pyracantha has thorns on it, lovely flowers and berries for the birds in winter. It makes a very nice hedge and bees love the flowers and it's evergreen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Anthony Rogers

Doughnut Peaches

Come on slow coach ... I've already begun mine! Ok, I'll begin a separate thread so we can get this party competition started properly :)
    Come on slow coach ... I've already begun mine! Ok, I'll begin a separate thread so we can get this party competition started properly :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. clanless

Recommendations please

Thanks both - I'll see if they have any honeysuckle for sale when we visit the Tatton Park flower show in July :blue thumb: Really looking forward to it.:hapydancsmil:
    Thanks both - I'll see if they have any honeysuckle for sale when we visit the Tatton Park flower show in July :blue thumb: Really looking forward to it.:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rosebay

When to repot young Choisya (Mexican Orange Blossom)?

Yep, that would do, Rosebay:thumbsup::snork:. Just mix it in with the soil when you're planting:coffee::snork:
    Yep, that would do, Rosebay:thumbsup::snork:. Just mix it in with the soil when you're planting:coffee::snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Anthony Rogers

Foxgloves ( Digitalis )

Just seen a programme that mentioned how to id Foxgloves before they come into flower. Apparently you can tell the foxglove colour by looking at the underside of the leaf, if the central leaf...
    Just seen a programme that mentioned how to id Foxgloves before they come into flower. Apparently you can tell the foxglove colour by looking at the underside of the leaf, if the central leaf vein is white then the flower will be also. If it is pink then obviously the flower will be...
    Just seen a programme that mentioned how to id Foxgloves before they come into flower. Apparently you can tell the foxglove colour by looking at the underside of the leaf, if the central leaf vein is white then the flower will be also. If it is...
    Just seen a programme that mentioned how to id Foxgloves before they come into flower. Apparently you can tell the foxglove colour by looking at the underside of the leaf, if the central leaf...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. flowerfairy

Standard Fuschia

Thank you Anthony. Will do what you suggest. Hopefully next year it will look better.
    Thank you Anthony. Will do what you suggest. Hopefully next year it will look better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Anthony Rogers

Lathyrus Tingitanus

That's a good idea "M", I hadn't thought of that.Thanks :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. clum111

Japanese Flowering Plants?

@Anthony Rogers @longk @Sheal Sorry, didn't know you left messages until now when I came to check a word. Thanks for the info and photos. Didn't think about orchids, so will be looking at them;)
    @Anthony Rogers @longk @Sheal Sorry, didn't know you left messages until now when I came to check a word. Thanks for the info and photos. Didn't think about orchids, so will be looking at them;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mick naisbitt

Camellias

Some of my Camellias also have yellowing leaves. My soil is pretty acid and I grow many Rhododendron, Azaleas, Pieris, Meconopsis etc with no problems. I am pretty certain the yellowing leaves on...
    Some of my Camellias also have yellowing leaves. My soil is pretty acid and I grow many Rhododendron, Azaleas, Pieris, Meconopsis etc with no problems. I am pretty certain the yellowing leaves on some of mine is due to cold weather. My yellow flowered Camellias are looking the worst and they are...
    Some of my Camellias also have yellowing leaves. My soil is pretty acid and I grow many Rhododendron, Azaleas, Pieris, Meconopsis etc with no problems. I am pretty certain the yellowing leaves on some of mine is due to cold weather. My yellow...
    Some of my Camellias also have yellowing leaves. My soil is pretty acid and I grow many Rhododendron, Azaleas, Pieris, Meconopsis etc with no problems. I am pretty certain the yellowing leaves on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. *Donna*

Orchid not flowered this year

Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an...
    Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an orchid in a room with northern exposure may lead to fewer bloom production or no blooms at all.
    Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an orchid in a room with northern exposure may lead...
    Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. exlabman

osteospernum hybrid

yes almost dry , I tend to water my lot in the greenhouse mid/late October and to be honest thats that until Feb at least (mine is a cold greenhouse)
    yes almost dry , I tend to water my lot in the greenhouse mid/late October and to be honest thats that until Feb at least (mine is a cold greenhouse)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Anthony Rogers

Lophospermum purpusii

Deffo an annual. I've tried. Possible with supplementary lighting I'd say but otherwise forget it.
    Deffo an annual. I've tried. Possible with supplementary lighting I'd say but otherwise forget it.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice