1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. John Stevenson

Protecting Echium

Peter, its strange but it could just be down to positioning in a winter like the last one. Full winter sun, so it gets it full on first thing in the morning in January, would be my advice.
    Peter, its strange but it could just be down to positioning in a winter like the last one. Full winter sun, so it gets it full on first thing in the morning in January, would be my advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. amymac78

Daylilies

I forgot to say use a mixture of John inns no 3 and 3/4 about a quarter of multipurpose, they will be able to stay in the pots longer, if just multipurpose, wash off the roots next year and pot...
    I forgot to say use a mixture of John inns no 3 and 3/4 about a quarter of multipurpose, they will be able to stay in the pots longer, if just multipurpose, wash off the roots next year and pot up in fresh about middle of March, they wont mind I do the same and it doesn't stop them flowering
    I forgot to say use a mixture of John inns no 3 and 3/4 about a quarter of multipurpose, they will be able to stay in the pots longer, if just multipurpose, wash off the roots next year and pot up in fresh about middle of March, they wont mind I...
    I forgot to say use a mixture of John inns no 3 and 3/4 about a quarter of multipurpose, they will be able to stay in the pots longer, if just multipurpose, wash off the roots next year and pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. nikirushka

Unhappy Honesty!

I'd give them plenty of water, as their root system has been disturbed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Cornish gardener

Summer planting

Possibly not for the fair, but I remember aeons ago at school having bean seeds and a jam jar with a roll of blotting paper in it which was kept damp. The beans were put between the BP and glass...
    Possibly not for the fair, but I remember aeons ago at school having bean seeds and a jam jar with a roll of blotting paper in it which was kept damp. The beans were put between the BP and glass and we could watch how the growing of the roots and shoots occurred at different times.
    Possibly not for the fair, but I remember aeons ago at school having bean seeds and a jam jar with a roll of blotting paper in it which was kept damp. The beans were put between the BP and glass and we could watch how the growing of the roots and...
    Possibly not for the fair, but I remember aeons ago at school having bean seeds and a jam jar with a roll of blotting paper in it which was kept damp. The beans were put between the BP and glass...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. rosebay

Topdressing houseplants

No, keep top soil for the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Wardy

Philaenopsis orchid pollination help

Just an update, all the flowers have fallen off now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. "M"
    Like x 7

Woodland flowers

Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other...
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other pretty things I took photo's of, but this camera is a nutter and not always gives the desired results....
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other pretty things I took photo's of, but this camera is...
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other...
    DSCF7209 (576x1024).jpg DSCF7252 (1024x576).jpg DSCF7233 (1024x576).jpg DSCF7245.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Nash

Bleeding Heart

They may still flower this year silu ... I've known mine come back for a second flush later in the year. Mind you, I'm a lot further south than you, but even so, don't give up on them this year ;)
    They may still flower this year silu ... I've known mine come back for a second flush later in the year. Mind you, I'm a lot further south than you, but even so, don't give up on them this year ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. nikirushka

Foxtail lilies

Brilliant :) Parts of my garden get quite boggy in winter but not the spot where these will be going, it drains well there. It's just where the dogs have trashed the lawn that suffers. ...
    Brilliant :) Parts of my garden get quite boggy in winter but not the spot where these will be going, it drains well there. It's just where the dogs have trashed the lawn that suffers. *sigh*Thank you :)
    Brilliant :) Parts of my garden get quite boggy in winter but not the spot where these will be going, it drains well there. It's just where the dogs have trashed the lawn that suffers. *sigh*Thank you :)
    Brilliant :) Parts of my garden get quite boggy in winter but not the spot where these will be going, it drains well there. It's just where the dogs have trashed the lawn that suffers. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. MissAgapanthus

My Passionflower cuttings are flowering

Great. That's what I thought. It's a hard ob but someone has to do it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. silu

Sternbergia

Well Palustris I would appear to have had the same problem as you. Many of the bulbs were of flowering size as when I brought them back from France (roughly April of 2013) I stuck them in a pot...
    Well Palustris I would appear to have had the same problem as you. Many of the bulbs were of flowering size as when I brought them back from France (roughly April of 2013) I stuck them in a pot in the greenhouse and they flowered. They were sort of in the way so I thought they would do better...
    Well Palustris I would appear to have had the same problem as you. Many of the bulbs were of flowering size as when I brought them back from France (roughly April of 2013) I stuck them in a pot in the greenhouse and they flowered. They were sort...
    Well Palustris I would appear to have had the same problem as you. Many of the bulbs were of flowering size as when I brought them back from France (roughly April of 2013) I stuck them in a pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. froot

LOV Houseplant?

Thank you Spruce :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. rosebay

Parlour Palm (houseplant) - cleaning leaves

Hi Rosebay, I use a normal small spray and add a drop (1!) of washing up liquid. It seems to loosen the dust from the leaves. If your palm is on a carpet, cover it before spraying as you get the...
    Hi Rosebay, I use a normal small spray and add a drop (1!) of washing up liquid. It seems to loosen the dust from the leaves. If your palm is on a carpet, cover it before spraying as you get the best results if you spray the leaves dripping wet.Walls are also in danger zone unless you are a...
    Hi Rosebay, I use a normal small spray and add a drop (1!) of washing up liquid. It seems to loosen the dust from the leaves. If your palm is on a carpet, cover it before spraying as you get the best results if you spray the leaves dripping wet....
    Hi Rosebay, I use a normal small spray and add a drop (1!) of washing up liquid. It seems to loosen the dust from the leaves. If your palm is on a carpet, cover it before spraying as you get the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. amymac78

Pennisetum

I've just bought a Pennisetum Herbstzauber, at the moment its in a 9cm pot and is quite small, would it be ok in a pot that is H50 x D30 cm?
    I've just bought a Pennisetum Herbstzauber, at the moment its in a 9cm pot and is quite small, would it be ok in a pot that is H50 x D30 cm?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rosebay

Speedwell 'royal candles' - not emerging...

I have a Veronica in the ground at that remained evergreen this winter. Not sure as to the exact species though. I would expect Veronica to be hardy although in a pot I guess that the roots are...
    I have a Veronica in the ground at that remained evergreen this winter. Not sure as to the exact species though. I would expect Veronica to be hardy although in a pot I guess that the roots are more exposed.
    I have a Veronica in the ground at that remained evergreen this winter. Not sure as to the exact species though. I would expect Veronica to be hardy although in a pot I guess that the roots are more exposed.
    I have a Veronica in the ground at that remained evergreen this winter. Not sure as to the exact species though. I would expect Veronica to be hardy although in a pot I guess that the roots are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. amymac78

Tree peony

Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. clanless

Problems with spring bulb corner (have a look at my gallery)

I'm feeding my bulbs with a seaweed feed. Hopefully they will return next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Anthony Rogers

Festuca

you could also give it a liquid feed . soon bounce back , also what compost is it growing in and it may need a soak for a hour in a bucket its amazing how the pot can dry out so quickly at this...
    you could also give it a liquid feed . soon bounce back , also what compost is it growing in and it may need a soak for a hour in a bucket its amazing how the pot can dry out so quickly at this time of year
    you could also give it a liquid feed . soon bounce back , also what compost is it growing in and it may need a soak for a hour in a bucket its amazing how the pot can dry out so quickly at this time of year
    you could also give it a liquid feed . soon bounce back , also what compost is it growing in and it may need a soak for a hour in a bucket its amazing how the pot can dry out so quickly at this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mrjaywarren

Too late to sow seeds for summer?

It's definitely not too late. I'll be sowing marigolds, cosmos, nemophila, linaria "fairy bouquet" and california poppys this week. Most I will direct sow into containers.
    It's definitely not too late. I'll be sowing marigolds, cosmos, nemophila, linaria "fairy bouquet" and california poppys this week. Most I will direct sow into containers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jazzy

Wallflowers to flower every year?

You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have...
    You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have flowered cut them back hard.
    You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have flowered cut them back hard.
    You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice