1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. sal73

Lotus Berthelotii

I've never seen seed offered and I've looked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. amymac78

Savable??

HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water...
    HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water and leave alone and wait and seeor take them back next week and say they died and a get a full...
    HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water and leave alone and wait and seeor take them...
    HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. miraflores
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sarah Giles

My poor rescued begonia..

Not a clue on the type, other than 'scraggy'. haha!It's currently on my front windowsill which gets sun in the early morning. Seems to be looking a bit better now. :)
    Not a clue on the type, other than 'scraggy'. haha!It's currently on my front windowsill which gets sun in the early morning. Seems to be looking a bit better now. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Anthony Rogers

How rare is my new Fushsia?

I think that it is hard to beat the Triphylla cultivars...............F.coccinea is a lovely little thing...............Satellite is my one nod towards a blousy Fuchsia............. ...
    I think that it is hard to beat the Triphylla cultivars...............F.coccinea is a lovely little thing...............Satellite is my one nod towards a blousy Fuchsia.............I also have Hawkshead, David, Blackie and F.microphylla in addition to my NZ collection.
    I think that it is hard to beat the Triphylla cultivars...............F.coccinea is a lovely little thing...............Satellite is my one nod towards a blousy Fuchsia.............I also have Hawkshead, David, Blackie and...
    I think that it is hard to beat the Triphylla cultivars...............F.coccinea is a lovely little thing...............Satellite is my one nod towards a blousy Fuchsia............. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. davver79

What is this grass and should I cut it back?

I have one in the corner forget which Miscanthus it is, I leave the long plumes until about this time of year, then cut it down as low as I can, although this year it will need dividing.
    I have one in the corner forget which Miscanthus it is, I leave the long plumes until about this time of year, then cut it down as low as I can, although this year it will need dividing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. rosebay

Lupins and slugs

OK then. Yes I read the slug thread...I was hoping to deter them rather than kill them...oh well!I did hear about grit/small gravel being used (as a barrier) - anyone tried this? Think I did...
    OK then. Yes I read the slug thread...I was hoping to deter them rather than kill them...oh well!I did hear about grit/small gravel being used (as a barrier) - anyone tried this? Think I did place some around the edges of the container without success.
    OK then. Yes I read the slug thread...I was hoping to deter them rather than kill them...oh well!I did hear about grit/small gravel being used (as a barrier) - anyone tried this? Think I did place some around the edges of the container...
    OK then. Yes I read the slug thread...I was hoping to deter them rather than kill them...oh well!I did hear about grit/small gravel being used (as a barrier) - anyone tried this? Think I did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. IGraham

pelargonium plugs or seeds

Umm seems notifications are not arriving, i shall investigate.Thanks for the replys and suggestions. Thinking about it I've probably gone overboard a bit with the number of pelargoniums I've...
    Umm seems notifications are not arriving, i shall investigate.Thanks for the replys and suggestions. Thinking about it I've probably gone overboard a bit with the number of pelargoniums I've been sticking in the last few years, especially as i give a good portion of what i pot on away to...
    Umm seems notifications are not arriving, i shall investigate.Thanks for the replys and suggestions. Thinking about it I've probably gone overboard a bit with the number of pelargoniums I've been sticking in the last few years, especially as i ...
    Umm seems notifications are not arriving, i shall investigate.Thanks for the replys and suggestions. Thinking about it I've probably gone overboard a bit with the number of pelargoniums I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bournemouth Gardener

Help with cuttings

Coz "roots" be the "route" a plant takes for a successful, healthy life? :heehee:
    Coz "roots" be the "route" a plant takes for a successful, healthy life? :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. strongylodon

Abutilon Meg

We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to...
    We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to find its own space.
    We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to find its own space.
    We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lynsey

How can it be a Dahlia????

I got some dinner plate dahlia tubers from poundland, 2 for £1. They had orange, red and yellow. They turned out awesome. The sutton ones look great but 9.99 is out of budget for me. :heehee:
    I got some dinner plate dahlia tubers from poundland, 2 for £1. They had orange, red and yellow. They turned out awesome. The sutton ones look great but 9.99 is out of budget for me. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bournemouth Gardener

Begonia Semperflorens

its fine as it is , at least you are growing plants so that makes you Bournemouth Gardener
    its fine as it is , at least you are growing plants so that makes you Bournemouth Gardener
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. john michael cook

Begonias

That is exactly how I sow fine seed...except for the 100% germination :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Andybee

Fragrant plants for garden.

I dont know any in particular but lots if north american honeysuckles dont smell because they are intended to attract hummingbirds such as the loniceria semperviransSo make sure you dont go for...
    I dont know any in particular but lots if north american honeysuckles dont smell because they are intended to attract hummingbirds such as the loniceria semperviransSo make sure you dont go for one if them if you want fragrance
    I dont know any in particular but lots if north american honeysuckles dont smell because they are intended to attract hummingbirds such as the loniceria semperviransSo make sure you dont go for one if them if you want fragrance
    I dont know any in particular but lots if north american honeysuckles dont smell because they are intended to attract hummingbirds such as the loniceria semperviransSo make sure you dont go for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. KarthikC

Dendrobium related help

Thanks. :) actually here in India, the winters are not that cold. Might go down to about 17-18 deg c that's it. :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. :) actually here in India, the winters are not that cold. Might go down to about 17-18 deg c that's it. :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Palustris

Lilium speciosum

I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the...
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the pot.Spruce
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the pot.Spruce
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lutleyyeltz

Fuchsia magellicana "Alba" - how hardy is it?

the only thing I would suggest is a thick mulch around the bottom of the plant with bark chippings , so if we do have a bad winter and the top growth is killed, you should get re growth from the...
    the only thing I would suggest is a thick mulch around the bottom of the plant with bark chippings , so if we do have a bad winter and the top growth is killed, you should get re growth from the base of the plant.Spruce
    the only thing I would suggest is a thick mulch around the bottom of the plant with bark chippings , so if we do have a bad winter and the top growth is killed, you should get re growth from the base of the plant.Spruce
    the only thing I would suggest is a thick mulch around the bottom of the plant with bark chippings , so if we do have a bad winter and the top growth is killed, you should get re growth from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lutleyyeltz

Does anyone grow Zauschneria?

Thank you all for your advice and opinions. I garden in Cradley Heath in the West Midlands, the spot where I'd like to put them is west facing, gets a lot of sun in summer and the soil is fairly...
    Thank you all for your advice and opinions. I garden in Cradley Heath in the West Midlands, the spot where I'd like to put them is west facing, gets a lot of sun in summer and the soil is fairly free draining. I'll risk it for a biscuit, methinks. Thanks again.
    Thank you all for your advice and opinions. I garden in Cradley Heath in the West Midlands, the spot where I'd like to put them is west facing, gets a lot of sun in summer and the soil is fairly free draining. I'll risk it for a biscuit,...
    Thank you all for your advice and opinions. I garden in Cradley Heath in the West Midlands, the spot where I'd like to put them is west facing, gets a lot of sun in summer and the soil is fairly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kleftiwallah

Identification please!

It looks like Liatris. It grows from a corm.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. NigelJ

Are Callicarpa self fertile?

Having looked into this a bit more, it seems they like company and that you are better off with several in a cluster. So I will be taking cuttings next weekend.
    Having looked into this a bit more, it seems they like company and that you are better off with several in a cluster. So I will be taking cuttings next weekend.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice