Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. demoneye

Overgrown Buddleia

They are tough as old boots so don't be afraid that you'll kill it with a trim. The mature wood has a hollow stem and eight inch sections in a bundle make nice insect 'hotels'.
    They are tough as old boots so don't be afraid that you'll kill it with a trim. The mature wood has a hollow stem and eight inch sections in a bundle make nice insect 'hotels'.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. RustyBuckets

Lots of assistance needed - south facing, terraced garden

I think your thread is being overlooked here in this forum Russ. I'll see if it can be moved to a better place for you by @Zigs or @ARMANDII, if they would be so kind. :)
    I think your thread is being overlooked here in this forum Russ. I'll see if it can be moved to a better place for you by @Zigs or @ARMANDII, if they would be so kind. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. beecee

What can I do...?

I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out of the question by any means.We probably should make the assumption that it is a reasonable patch...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out of the question by any means.We probably should...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Dips

Pinkberry bush

Ah sorry having a bit of a blonde moment obviously. I was paying too much attention to the fa cup final lol
    Ah sorry having a bit of a blonde moment obviously. I was paying too much attention to the fa cup final lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Christmas Cactus in flower

Very nice. I had a fairly large collection of these and Epiphylums at one point.
    Very nice. I had a fairly large collection of these and Epiphylums at one point.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mollie Lyons

New Growing Indoor Plants

If you need something quite versatile you could always try a Sentry Palm? But if you have a height restriction perhaps a pretty trailer like Syngonium (a variegated version though)!I have both...
    If you need something quite versatile you could always try a Sentry Palm? But if you have a height restriction perhaps a pretty trailer like Syngonium (a variegated version though)!I have both of these plants (although not in a flat foyer) and they are by far the two easiest houseplants I've...
    If you need something quite versatile you could always try a Sentry Palm? But if you have a height restriction perhaps a pretty trailer like Syngonium (a variegated version though)!I have both of these plants (although not in a flat foyer) and...
    If you need something quite versatile you could always try a Sentry Palm? But if you have a height restriction perhaps a pretty trailer like Syngonium (a variegated version though)!I have both...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sirius

Symplocarpus foetidus

Sorry about that, I just looked at the term skunk cabbage, just shows how important it is to use the Latin taxonomic names.
    Sorry about that, I just looked at the term skunk cabbage, just shows how important it is to use the Latin taxonomic names.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Alisa

African violet (av) - saintpaulia

Well, you have a thread here now:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lakeside

Ornamental Grass

Thanks Jane - my one is probably doing the same. I will be more patient (I seem to be jumping the gun too often :) )Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Jane - my one is probably doing the same. I will be more patient (I seem to be jumping the gun too often :) )Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mowgley

Butia

Mine is definately going to go into the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snowbaby

Oriental lily

You need acid soil for them - if you, or gardens nearby you, have Camellias, Azaleas or Rhododendrons than likely that you do have Acid soil. Plenty of other fit-to-bust type lilies that will grow...
    You need acid soil for them - if you, or gardens nearby you, have Camellias, Azaleas or Rhododendrons than likely that you do have Acid soil. Plenty of other fit-to-bust type lilies that will grow in Alkaline soil otherwise :)I've had really good quality bulbs from H W Hyde:(They sell...
    You need acid soil for them - if you, or gardens nearby you, have Camellias, Azaleas or Rhododendrons than likely that you do have Acid soil. Plenty of other fit-to-bust type lilies that will grow in Alkaline soil otherwise :)I've had really good...
    You need acid soil for them - if you, or gardens nearby you, have Camellias, Azaleas or Rhododendrons than likely that you do have Acid soil. Plenty of other fit-to-bust type lilies that will grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. scooby-mas

Bearded iris

I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im...
    I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im not worried :biggrin:
    I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im not worried :biggrin:
    I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Marley Farley

Clianthus puniceus

Should be about right I think. I harvested mine in September/October. I still have about a dozen left if you want them?
    Should be about right I think. I harvested mine in September/October. I still have about a dozen left if you want them?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. whis4ey
    Like x 9

Gunnera Manicata

Has anyone checked their gunnera?,ours is on the move already :hate-shocked::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TurnedThespian

Holly obsession stopped in its tracks

Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm...
    Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm going to hold out in the hope that Welsh Holly have Elegantissima later in the year, and any others...
    Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm going to hold out in the hope that Welsh Holly...
    Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. clueless1

I've been given a MASSIVE yukka tree

I'm assuming its Y. elephantipes, the usual houseplant type, its spineless and becomes tree like in stature. Most, but not all, of the garden types have spines.
    I'm assuming its Y. elephantipes, the usual houseplant type, its spineless and becomes tree like in stature. Most, but not all, of the garden types have spines.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. clueless1

Plant to take over the bathroom

Rosary vine, Ceropegia woodii and yes it is very messy but also very pretty.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sheal

Indoor plant

Thanks Stephen, that's what I was thinking. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jenny namaste
    Like x 9

Mimosa pudica - a fun plant!!

i found soaking the seeds a couple hours in hot water and then starting in paper towels really sped things up. they like alot of warmth in the beginning.
    i found soaking the seeds a couple hours in hot water and then starting in paper towels really sped things up. they like alot of warmth in the beginning.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. tracy carter

telegraph plant

i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with...
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with other plants so its taking me a while to fine tune. here's hoping they don't croak in the process.
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with other plants so its taking me a while to fine tune....
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice