1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Nikolaos

Expensive Echinacea!

They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their...
    They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their non-PBR counterparts, nothing like these echinaceas! :dunno:£6.66 - The Number of the Beast, sounds like...
    They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their non-PBR counterparts, nothing like these echinaceas!...
    They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jowo

Rhody flowers

Hi Nigel, Thanks for your reply. Yes I think next summer a mulch will be in order. I'm thinking we may have moved them into an area that's too dry. We'll see. Thanks again
    Hi Nigel, Thanks for your reply. Yes I think next summer a mulch will be in order. I'm thinking we may have moved them into an area that's too dry. We'll see. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Shaneoak

Holes and eaten away leaves on Hollyhocks

I discovered whst was causing the floppy yellow leaves. The heat! Is this common in transplants?
    I discovered whst was causing the floppy yellow leaves. The heat! Is this common in transplants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. NAlberto

Looking for advice on what to do to this plant/"tree"

Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close...
    Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close to the fence.
    Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close to the fence.
    Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shaneoak

Frost protection

Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a...
    Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a sheltered wall. Thanks people
    Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a sheltered wall. Thanks people
    Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. beanybob

Crispy fern

Looks like a Pellaea rotundifolia These can take a dry period better than most other ferns. So it may be salvageable.Give it a good soak, keep slightly damp, and it will hopefully come back.
    Looks like a Pellaea rotundifolia These can take a dry period better than most other ferns. So it may be salvageable.Give it a good soak, keep slightly damp, and it will hopefully come back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sandhun

Is any action required for this Monstera Deliciosa?

I think you have more than one plant in that pot,looks like 3 or 4 to me. They sell them like that to make them appear more busy.
    I think you have more than one plant in that pot,looks like 3 or 4 to me. They sell them like that to make them appear more busy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lem
    Like x 6

Tradescantia Zebrina Fast Growing Plant [ Lovely Colour ]

I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of...
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of but no photo, they can root into the next pot if you're not careful.
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of but no photo, they can root into the next pot if...
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of...
    image_67196673~2.JPG image_67174401~2.JPG DSC01886.JPG 000835.jpg 000838.jpg DSCF5930.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CanadianLori

Primrose is blooming and is this right?

Thank you for your responses. I am glad that it is mother nature playing with me and not reacting to me!
    Thank you for your responses. I am glad that it is mother nature playing with me and not reacting to me!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bambino129

New privet hedge plants

Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is...
    Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is like sticky yellow blobs that you can wipe off the stems. Tried to take a picture of one of my...
    Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is like sticky yellow blobs that you can wipe off the...
    Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is...
    DSC01996.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. groundbeetle

Geranium yoshinoi

I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's...
    I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's description and your photos. It actually looks quite like the description given for the seeds I...
    I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's description and your photos. It actually looks quite...
    I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria
    Like x 3

Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata'

We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are already cuttings of the original. It lives on their balcony.This is the mother plant who has lived...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are already cuttings of the original. It lives on their...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are...
    Begonia Taylors 11 Oct 21.jpg Begonia 28 Jun 08.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Barders

last legs or new hope?

Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid is, so it would be nice to have some plants that don't mind being a bit chilly and bring in some...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid is, so it would be nice to have some plants that...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Robertm3110

Allium issues!

That was another one that got turfed out, however Allium tripedale (nectaroscordum) is a far better behaved relative, slightly shorter and more delicate flowers are less droopy, so I now grow this...
    That was another one that got turfed out, however Allium tripedale (nectaroscordum) is a far better behaved relative, slightly shorter and more delicate flowers are less droopy, so I now grow this one.
    That was another one that got turfed out, however Allium tripedale (nectaroscordum) is a far better behaved relative, slightly shorter and more delicate flowers are less droopy, so I now grow this one.
    That was another one that got turfed out, however Allium tripedale (nectaroscordum) is a far better behaved relative, slightly shorter and more delicate flowers are less droopy, so I now grow this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Barders

Halloween leaf?

Oh, no! Right, let the interrogations begin, no mercy :paladin: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Erika_Morinda

Help request for my Double Yellow Hibiscus

Thank you very much for your reply and help, I'll follow your advice on the yellow leaves ....probably will lead me to understand what pattern the chlorosis of the leaves is following. Thanks <3
    Thank you very much for your reply and help, I'll follow your advice on the yellow leaves ....probably will lead me to understand what pattern the chlorosis of the leaves is following. Thanks <3
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Syd Hutchinson

Wigelia pruning question.

Thanks Perki. I shall attack it after this years display.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Syd Hutchinson

Tree fern question.

Thanks for that. I shall leave them on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Shaneoak

HollyHock Grey and Rust spots

Thank you for the information. Oh good because it's minus 4 here in Leeds in coming weeks!
    Thank you for the information. Oh good because it's minus 4 here in Leeds in coming weeks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Steven Deacon

Planting out Festuca Glauca

They are bare rooted they are called double delight, I was planning to put them in the same place but I'm starting to think that nothing is going to grow there and maybe I should grow them in...
    They are bare rooted they are called double delight, I was planning to put them in the same place but I'm starting to think that nothing is going to grow there and maybe I should grow them in containers insteadI put sand and soil in the holes I dug for them to improve drainage, but I had no...
    They are bare rooted they are called double delight, I was planning to put them in the same place but I'm starting to think that nothing is going to grow there and maybe I should grow them in containers insteadI put sand and soil in the holes I...
    They are bare rooted they are called double delight, I was planning to put them in the same place but I'm starting to think that nothing is going to grow there and maybe I should grow them in...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice