1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. dandanuk

Lonicera help

Thank you, you have also put my mind at rest, I will sit it out and make sure they get all they need.
    Thank you, you have also put my mind at rest, I will sit it out and make sure they get all they need.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Fat Controller

Nemophila - how fussy?

Thanks again John :) - I found growing those other things last year that it really took the edge off the patio, so hopefully they will look just as good.
    Thanks again John :) - I found growing those other things last year that it really took the edge off the patio, so hopefully they will look just as good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. dinp

Sorbaria Sem

Hi again. Anyone have an idea why the plants I have planted that came from the main plant have wilted a little? The new plants had decent roots. I used bonemeal and watered quite a bit. I dont...
    Hi again. Anyone have an idea why the plants I have planted that came from the main plant have wilted a little? The new plants had decent roots. I used bonemeal and watered quite a bit. I dont think they are dead, but not as upright as when they were attached to the main plant. Could I have...
    Hi again. Anyone have an idea why the plants I have planted that came from the main plant have wilted a little? The new plants had decent roots. I used bonemeal and watered quite a bit. I dont think they are dead, but not as upright as when they...
    Hi again. Anyone have an idea why the plants I have planted that came from the main plant have wilted a little? The new plants had decent roots. I used bonemeal and watered quite a bit. I dont...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73

Rare Clematis

Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly exotic Clematis called napaulensis and of course, Winter Beauty The group Armandii are evergreen but...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly exotic Clematis called napaulensis and of course,...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. stumorphmac

Monkshood

Well, Provado is systemic and will stay in the plant so that when it next gets visited by pests and they suck the sap they will die. Unfortunately by the time that happens the plant will be in...
    Well, Provado is systemic and will stay in the plant so that when it next gets visited by pests and they suck the sap they will die. Unfortunately by the time that happens the plant will be in trouble. I take it that the Aconite is in the soil and not in a pot? It sounds like black fly...
    Well, Provado is systemic and will stay in the plant so that when it next gets visited by pests and they suck the sap they will die. Unfortunately by the time that happens the plant will be in trouble. I take it that the Aconite is in the...
    Well, Provado is systemic and will stay in the plant so that when it next gets visited by pests and they suck the sap they will die. Unfortunately by the time that happens the plant will be in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sumbody

Dahlias

The last 2 are showing signs of life today , do not know where it`s all going.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. hans

Moss

The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is...
    The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is on it collects nothing just leaves it on the lawn due to being set much higher and slightly narrower...
    The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is on it collects nothing just leaves it on the lawn...
    The bar attachment works very well it is so much stronger than the electric scarifier. The mower collects the grass in a collector at the back it does grass very well. When the bar attachment is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fern4

Clematis for a pot.

Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I...
    Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I should of kept in the pot I have been after a new one but the nursery;s by me never have it in so...
    Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I should of kept in the pot I have been after a new one...
    Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. noisette47

Iris Reversion

Spot on! I met the great man once, at Dixter, and found him much more accessible, friendly and welcoming than say, for instance, Beth Chatto.
    Spot on! I met the great man once, at Dixter, and found him much more accessible, friendly and welcoming than say, for instance, Beth Chatto.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. rich255

Laurel problems HELP

I'll be getting a reputation as 'chemical happy':sad: but for non-edibles, systemics can be a quick and effective solution. Where possible, I'd use them as a soil drench.
    I'll be getting a reputation as 'chemical happy':sad: but for non-edibles, systemics can be a quick and effective solution. Where possible, I'd use them as a soil drench.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. whis4ey

Pieris Japonica

That is a great looking plant. I bought mine , a tiny one, a year ago and its growing slow. Hope it looks as good as yours in time.
    That is a great looking plant. I bought mine , a tiny one, a year ago and its growing slow. Hope it looks as good as yours in time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73

Clematis winter beauty

I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to...
    I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to get them to survive. I found it was better to disregard what was quoted on the hardiness scale and...
    I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to get them to survive. I found it was better to...
    I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Crassus

Does my Peace Lily need re-potting?

Ah,OK. Spathiphyllum then, rather than Arum / Zantedeschia. Same Aroid family though. Don't know much about them, but I don't think they will tolerate sitting in water, so keep the water level...
    Ah,OK. Spathiphyllum then, rather than Arum / Zantedeschia. Same Aroid family though. Don't know much about them, but I don't think they will tolerate sitting in water, so keep the water level below the top of the gravel.
    Ah,OK. Spathiphyllum then, rather than Arum / Zantedeschia. Same Aroid family though. Don't know much about them, but I don't think they will tolerate sitting in water, so keep the water level below the top of the gravel.
    Ah,OK. Spathiphyllum then, rather than Arum / Zantedeschia. Same Aroid family though. Don't know much about them, but I don't think they will tolerate sitting in water, so keep the water level...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Philip Hughes

Helenium, Achillea and Echinacea

Hmmmmmmmm, Phil, it looks like the fickle finger of fate has not been kind to your plants and they've faded away.:dunno::hate-shocked:
    Hmmmmmmmm, Phil, it looks like the fickle finger of fate has not been kind to your plants and they've faded away.:dunno::hate-shocked:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Coolsox
    Like x 5

Aristolochia sempervirens

That really is rather splendid!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. silu

Anybody else had trouble with Centranthus Ruber Album

It is naturally a cliff dweller, so can tolerate high rainfall by the fact it grows in a well drained place & just sends lots of roots down.
    It is naturally a cliff dweller, so can tolerate high rainfall by the fact it grows in a well drained place & just sends lots of roots down.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Val..

TETRAPANAX REX

I do have a little garden and have 2 of them ;) , it`s a crime not try one
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sirius

Magnolia grandiflora

Yes, but use sparingly...it's strong stuff!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. whis4ey

My early rhoddies

Lovely :wub2: I have a few flowering too - so colourful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lorea

Crocosmia - no signs of life

We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last...
    We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last week and about 12" high today :blue thumb:
    We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last week and about 12" high today :blue thumb:
    We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice