1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. TurnedThespian

Holly obsession stopped in its tracks

Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm...
    Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm going to hold out in the hope that Welsh Holly have Elegantissima later in the year, and any others...
    Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm going to hold out in the hope that Welsh Holly...
    Yes, I've looked and unfortunately can't get the rarer ones anywhere near me. The cost of postage is so high from the few places that do stock the others I really can't justify shipping them. I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Shaneoak

Poor Tulip displays

Thanks for all the replies . I’m closing this thread now as I’ve got the answers I want
    Thanks for all the replies . I’m closing this thread now as I’ve got the answers I want
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Spruce

Kniphofia (red hot poker)

I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry...
    I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry sandy garden either.
    I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry sandy garden either.
    I was only guessing, but they had a very South African look about them.I think agapanthus are from there too ( could be wrong) and also kaffir lillies, although the latter don’t do well in my dry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mrs Hillard
    Like x 6

Members CLEMATIS 2024..

Thank you your knowledge is impressive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Esoxlucius

Strelitzia reginae

I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if...
    I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if anything suffers by my neglect or only occasionally feeding with natural products and I don't grow the...
    I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if anything suffers by my neglect or only occasionally...
    I don't know about science, but I am a simpleton when it comes to gardening, as I am in my personal being and prefer natural remedies to chemical.You can just look at my garden and see if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Shaneoak

Awful British weather ruinng plants …

Yeah, there will always be speculation regarding these kinds of thing, who knows.
    Yeah, there will always be speculation regarding these kinds of thing, who knows.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Nikolaos

I Want Some Truly Blue Hardy Geraniums (and blue-flowered plant suggestions)

@longk Brilliant, bless you mate! I always make a bigger effort with growing seed other people have given me because I feel awful if I don't use it! Guilt can be a great motivating force! ;o)Nick
    @longk Brilliant, bless you mate! I always make a bigger effort with growing seed other people have given me because I feel awful if I don't use it! Guilt can be a great motivating force! ;o)Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. whis4ey
    Like x 9

Gunnera Manicata

Has anyone checked their gunnera?,ours is on the move already :hate-shocked::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Shaneoak

Best weed killer for pernicious grass

Thank you all. I'v pulled out a fair bit and applied weedkiller to the rest. Lets see if it buggers off!
    Thank you all. I'v pulled out a fair bit and applied weedkiller to the rest. Lets see if it buggers off!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sarah Eley

Help with our dogwood...

Thanks Sarah :) Feedback is always important.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sirius

What species of Bamboo do you have?

Growers in India and China etc use hormones to make the Bamboo flower and they get the seeds from that.
    Growers in India and China etc use hormones to make the Bamboo flower and they get the seeds from that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Telmadee

Help please

Honest to God @Telmadee ...I always thought that...but making as many mistakes as I do does have benefits I can assure you!!You'll gradually get the hang of it , I am ( :fingers crossed:) slowly but surely .......
    Honest to God @Telmadee ...I always thought that...but making as many mistakes as I do does have benefits I can assure you!!You'll gradually get the hang of it , I am ( :fingers crossed:) slowly but surely .... (forever the optimist!!):biggrin:
    Honest to God @Telmadee ...I always thought that...but making as many mistakes as I do does have benefits I can assure you!!You'll gradually get the hang of it , I am ( :fingers crossed:) slowly but surely .... (forever the optimist!!):biggrin:
    Honest to God @Telmadee ...I always thought that...but making as many mistakes as I do does have benefits I can assure you!!You'll gradually get the hang of it , I am ( :fingers crossed:) slowly but surely .......
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jimcub

Pampas grass

Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real pepper plants?
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died where I put this one and people think they're real...
    Members this is only one of three I purchased here's the other two...got not choice as what I was buying kept out growing the large pots with in a year and on the front garden two plants died...
    IMG_0852.JPG pp.PNG dd.jpg ddddddd.PNG Captureeddggdgd.PNG DSC00015.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gay Gardener

Moth Orchid cutting back

Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to...
    Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to grow.I tend to just leave mine to do their own thing and the buds I am sure will grow bigger.It might...
    Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to grow.I tend to just leave mine to do their own thing...
    Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Hollyhock - move or ditch?

There you go - it's grateful! You can give it the chop when it finishes flowering if you like. It'll carry on despite the rust, don't think anybody tries to cure it.
    There you go - it's grateful! You can give it the chop when it finishes flowering if you like. It'll carry on despite the rust, don't think anybody tries to cure it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Shaneoak

Holes and eaten away leaves on Hollyhocks

I discovered whst was causing the floppy yellow leaves. The heat! Is this common in transplants?
    I discovered whst was causing the floppy yellow leaves. The heat! Is this common in transplants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mr Grinch
    Like x 8

The Ultimate Hellebore Thread

I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross fingers). But will they flower this year? They haven't so far. I got a common variety, can't...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross fingers). But will they flower this year? They...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Poppypuss

Hardy Geranium ideas

Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Linz

Skip diving - found bamboo

Stick them in the soggy bit - they'll take there :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice