1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Gail_68

What's the best way of cutting these plants back?

Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Dave0w

what to use?

Ah i see, i thought Dave was looking for suggestions for something to fill in the gaps in his planters whilst the perennials were filling in. my mistake :oopss:
    Ah i see, i thought Dave was looking for suggestions for something to fill in the gaps in his planters whilst the perennials were filling in. my mistake :oopss:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Amanensia

What to plant around sycamore - climbers and others

What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the...
    What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the ground due to the tree.
    What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the ground due to the tree.
    What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Paul Blackburn

What to do with Sunflowers

I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    P1000749.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0373.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. LauraRoslin

What to do with stocks in December?

Awww my backside!:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rustyroots

What to do with Foxgloves?

If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if...
    If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if you leave them to shed their seed naturally, some will come back. Give them a hand by ensuring that...
    If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if you leave them to shed their seed naturally, some...
    If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. begoodian

What to do with Clematis

My back porch is practically a greenhouse so will keep in there til cold passes. Will stick it out in my border after about a week. From what i can read, they aren't too fussy about the type of soil?
    My back porch is practically a greenhouse so will keep in there til cold passes. Will stick it out in my border after about a week. From what i can read, they aren't too fussy about the type of soil?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sirius

What species of Bamboo do you have?

Growers in India and China etc use hormones to make the Bamboo flower and they get the seeds from that.
    Growers in India and China etc use hormones to make the Bamboo flower and they get the seeds from that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Nikolaos

What soil to plant my marjoram in

@Sian in Belgium Thanks very much for that, Sian! :) I think I'll dig down deep and perforate the planting hole with a fork rather than planting on a mound. I'll also add plenty of grit.Nick
    @Sian in Belgium Thanks very much for that, Sian! :) I think I'll dig down deep and perforate the planting hole with a fork rather than planting on a mound. I'll also add plenty of grit.Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Natalie palmer

What is this plant please?????

Hi, i would remove the old seed spikes and give it a good feed:spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. davver79

What is this grass and should I cut it back?

I have one in the corner forget which Miscanthus it is, I leave the long plumes until about this time of year, then cut it down as low as I can, although this year it will need dividing.
    I have one in the corner forget which Miscanthus it is, I leave the long plumes until about this time of year, then cut it down as low as I can, although this year it will need dividing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Chappers53

What Hedge?

That’s good news Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Schofe56

What has happened to my dahlias?

Assuming you mean you put them outdoors during the day, were they in full sun. It looks as pete said to me.
    Assuming you mean you put them outdoors during the day, were they in full sun. It looks as pete said to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sandhun

What happened to my indoor Yucca?

Move it away from the radiator, give it a bit more water and it needs strong light.
    Move it away from the radiator, give it a bit more water and it needs strong light.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Riley CCM

What do you Think of This?

What type of seed is it:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. barryman

What do I do now ????

Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice...
    Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice and cut new shoot if it has it's own root system.Thanks again for your advice.
    Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice and cut new shoot if it has it's own root...
    Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kevin Cowans

What do Echinacea Seedlings look like?

I'd wait until they grow their real leaves then you should be able to tell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Auntpol

What can I put with aubrietta

Try and find a wee space for parahebe- not a thug but a delightful little flower,
    Try and find a wee space for parahebe- not a thug but a delightful little flower,
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. beecee

What can I do...?

I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out of the question by any means.We probably should make the assumption that it is a reasonable patch...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out of the question by any means.We probably should...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. torlaw

What can I do for my rhododendron?

Thanks so much for all your advice, everyone :) Fingers crossed it'll pick back up soon!
    Thanks so much for all your advice, everyone :) Fingers crossed it'll pick back up soon!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice