1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. pamsdish

Spear Sansevieria

I presume in our PC world that GCs don't refer to Sans as 'Mother in Laws Tongues' any more. :dunno:
    I presume in our PC world that GCs don't refer to Sans as 'Mother in Laws Tongues' any more. :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sal73
    Like x 4

Fatsia spider web

Fatsia "Red Spider's Web" then, eh ?!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Val..

Thunbergia in hanging baskets

Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking of planting them in a 4" soil pipe (horizontal) about 6 feet long and letting them cascade down...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking of planting them in a 4" soil pipe (horizontal)...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria
    Like x 4

Drosanthemum (Dew Flower)

yes, Carpobrotus spp also known as Hottentot Fig.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sal73
    Like x 5

Most amazing plant

Cracking find Sal!
    Cracking find Sal!
    Cracking find Sal!
    Cracking find Sal!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. trogre

Different Pennenials

I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden...
    I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden and visit mine nightly to munch what they can :ouch1: S
    I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden and visit mine nightly to munch what they can :ouch1: S
    I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. trogre

Lilies

Mine stay out all winter
    Mine stay out all winter
    Mine stay out all winter
    Mine stay out all winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Philip Hughes

Rudbeckia/Black Eyed Susan

Looking forward to seeing their display later Philip - should be good if they are about the same height :dbgrtmb: Jenny
    Looking forward to seeing their display later Philip - should be good if they are about the same height :dbgrtmb: Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. **Yvonne**

Akebia Quinata - Chocolate Vine, does anyone have one?

Spreads well and roots as it goes if allowed to wander along the ground. Not fully evergreen here, but it has survived the horrendous winters over the last 3 years.
    Spreads well and roots as it goes if allowed to wander along the ground. Not fully evergreen here, but it has survived the horrendous winters over the last 3 years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Craig1987

Fern advice

Worth checking Seagrave during the Winter, often 50% off at that time ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. SazG

Can I save this choysia?

My 'Sundance' was buried under a snow drift for two and a half weeks but isn't showing any signs of frostbite. :)
    My 'Sundance' was buried under a snow drift for two and a half weeks but isn't showing any signs of frostbite. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73

Kiwi Berry

I'm guessing you'll need a couple for polination?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. "M"

Flowering Currant: moving.

But they'll be attached at some point to the new growth. Best to chop them out rather than invite further die back...
    But they'll be attached at some point to the new growth. Best to chop them out rather than invite further die back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. trogre

Snapdragon

Thanks for you answers.I can see now why they flower same year as planting or overwinter. Good one on tip about pinching out tips.
    Thanks for you answers.I can see now why they flower same year as planting or overwinter. Good one on tip about pinching out tips.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Philip Hughes

Tulips

I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and...
    I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and trade at the time, and so had a massive increase in the money supply - which invariably leads to a...
    I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and trade at the time, and so had a massive increase in...
    I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bilbo675
    Like x 9

Anyone After Young Brug Plants

Yes, good idea. I'll also ask the owners at East Ruston what they grow, next time I'm up there.
    Yes, good idea. I'll also ask the owners at East Ruston what they grow, next time I'm up there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. merleworld

Philadelphus Virginal - divide?

No, do not divide. I have two types. Love the smell. I just prune any "reaching for the sky branches" and they are lovely each year.
    No, do not divide. I have two types. Love the smell. I just prune any "reaching for the sky branches" and they are lovely each year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. doormat

geraniums

yes the heater will not go under the staging but now with all the answers i have found that the staging as a slight tilt backwards this as meant that the frontpots looked dry but a few at the back...
    yes the heater will not go under the staging but now with all the answers i have found that the staging as a slight tilt backwards this as meant that the frontpots looked dry but a few at the back was still stood in water i have now removed all the trays and will water individually dm
    yes the heater will not go under the staging but now with all the answers i have found that the staging as a slight tilt backwards this as meant that the frontpots looked dry but a few at the back was still stood in water i have now removed all...
    yes the heater will not go under the staging but now with all the answers i have found that the staging as a slight tilt backwards this as meant that the frontpots looked dry but a few at the back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. justracing

Larkspur

I have sown some Larkspur little rocket in trays indoors and it's already sprouting nicely, is it possible to transplant the thinnings into pots?
    I have sown some Larkspur little rocket in trays indoors and it's already sprouting nicely, is it possible to transplant the thinnings into pots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. merleworld

Clematis 2013

I bought an Armandii last year but managed to kill it :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice