1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Hannah's Rose Garden

Hellebore mix

Thank you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. amymac78

Pennisetum

I've just bought a Pennisetum Herbstzauber, at the moment its in a 9cm pot and is quite small, would it be ok in a pot that is H50 x D30 cm?
    I've just bought a Pennisetum Herbstzauber, at the moment its in a 9cm pot and is quite small, would it be ok in a pot that is H50 x D30 cm?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Palustris

Lilium speciosum

I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the...
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the pot.Spruce
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the pot.Spruce
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. clanless

Recommendations please

Thanks both - I'll see if they have any honeysuckle for sale when we visit the Tatton Park flower show in July :blue thumb: Really looking forward to it.:hapydancsmil:
    Thanks both - I'll see if they have any honeysuckle for sale when we visit the Tatton Park flower show in July :blue thumb: Really looking forward to it.:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Amarylis

That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Soiled

Climber

A clematis? A climbing rose perhaps?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Amanensia

Climbers...

Pretty gorgeous, whatever they are!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. rustyroots

Lupins

I will if they make it. Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kevin Cowans

How to support a Peony to stop it flopping

Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the flowers.What would be the best way to support the Peony to stop it flopping?I have looked at Peony...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the flowers.What would be the best way to support the Peony...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fof
    Like x 10

Just some pics

Well done! Now I can see the beauty of the plants. Love that Hawthorn and the Prostanthera is very attractive. I have a Westringia which is of the same family and blooms several times a year ...
    Well done! Now I can see the beauty of the plants. Love that Hawthorn and the Prostanthera is very attractive. I have a Westringia which is of the same family and blooms several times a year ...
    Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' (Midland hawthorn)  01 - small.jpg Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' (Midland hawthorn)  03 - small.jpg Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' (Midland hawthorn)  04 - small.jpg P1060779 - small.jpg P1060798 - small.jpg P1060803 - small.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PEANUTPARADISE

Orchid Advice

Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right...
    Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right stuff.For simplicity you can buy Baby Bio Orchid feed or if your want to get the best you can use...
    Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right stuff.For simplicity you can buy Baby Bio Orchid feed or...
    Hi,Assume you are talking about the popular Phalaenopsis "moth" orchid ?As Pete says they only need a very weak solution, though they do like being fed at least weekly with the right...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. dinp

Red Robin Shrubs

Good evening all. Three years ago I purchased some very small Laurel hedge plants and Red Robin, though these were much larger. The laurel hedge plants have caught up in size and both are a good...
    Good evening all. Three years ago I purchased some very small Laurel hedge plants and Red Robin, though these were much larger. The laurel hedge plants have caught up in size and both are a good size. Last year I trimmed the Laurel hedge plants with the aim of getting them to become bushy....
    Good evening all. Three years ago I purchased some very small Laurel hedge plants and Red Robin, though these were much larger. The laurel hedge plants have caught up in size and both are a good size. Last year I trimmed the Laurel hedge plants...
    Good evening all. Three years ago I purchased some very small Laurel hedge plants and Red Robin, though these were much larger. The laurel hedge plants have caught up in size and both are a good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. whis4ey

Flowering shrubs

Gorgeous shrubs: especially like your hydrangea :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nikolaos

Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' not doing well...

Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants -...
    Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants - Wilson Bros GardensNick
    Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants - Wilson Bros GardensNick
    Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nikolaos

Should I give my Winter Honeysuckle a trim? Occasional branch shedding.

Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do...
    Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do with it in Summer and Autumn. The branches at the top always look rather awkward and it never seems...
    Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do with it in Summer and Autumn. The branches at the...
    Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do...
    RSCN0564.JPG DSCN0563.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Ipomoea palmata

Here are some photos of the Morning Glory growing & flowering in a hanging basket from last summer. (It's not the first time this has happened to me!) .. .
    Here are some photos of the Morning Glory growing & flowering in a hanging basket from last summer. (It's not the first time this has happened to me!) .. .
    Morning Glory 2.JPG IMG_20220904_093850_172.jpg IMG_20220821_121214_342.jpg IMG_20220821_120410_394.jpg IMG_20220813_111206_806.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Esoxlucius

Plant heat mats.

I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants died. This year I placed the mat sideways in the box just to work as radiator, I keep it on minimum,...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants died. This year I placed the mat sideways in the...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants...
    upload_2024-1-9_15-13-41.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. VeggieNovice

A little garden privacy?

For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you like.B&Q sell them for £45 or if you are close to a Home Bargains you can pick one up for...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you like.B&Q sell them for £45 or if you are close to...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Syd Hutchinson

Wigelia pruning question.

Thanks Perki. I shall attack it after this years display.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kevin Cowans

How to Control Verbena Bonariensis

Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things...
    Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things got neglected somewhat, this Year is catch up Time.ThanksKevin
    Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things got neglected somewhat, this Year is catch up...
    Hello @NigelJThanks for the Reply.So, basically, Deadhead after Flowering and keep an eye out for escapees.I should have kept on top of things Last Year but with the Landscaping etc. things...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice