Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. grai

too late to do hyacinths?

Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them...
    Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them . So carry on as you would of done and as soon as you see about a inch poking through bring them in...
    Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them . So carry on as you would of done and as soon as...
    Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Val..

Arisaema

I cossetted mine for the first few years but now I find them popping up in unexpected areas of the garden. Not sure if they have seeded or if a stray tuber has been thrown out with the compost.
    I cossetted mine for the first few years but now I find them popping up in unexpected areas of the garden. Not sure if they have seeded or if a stray tuber has been thrown out with the compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sal73

Samphire

Thank you JWK , I bought a bag of it at the supermarket , it look pretty easy to root , but as I tasted it actually made out of salt ....I think it need salt to survive and even if grow on the UK...
    Thank you JWK , I bought a bag of it at the supermarket , it look pretty easy to root , but as I tasted it actually made out of salt ....I think it need salt to survive and even if grow on the UK costs , It need frost protection . Thank you all , but it will end up in a warm salad or stir fry :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you JWK , I bought a bag of it at the supermarket , it look pretty easy to root , but as I tasted it actually made out of salt ....I think it need salt to survive and even if grow on the UK costs , It need frost protection . Thank you all...
    Thank you JWK , I bought a bag of it at the supermarket , it look pretty easy to root , but as I tasted it actually made out of salt ....I think it need salt to survive and even if grow on the UK...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73

Thunder God Vine

Cool Sal:dbgrtmb: I must say that after running the virus check it came out negative, it just made the poot go mad:dunno:
    Cool Sal:dbgrtmb: I must say that after running the virus check it came out negative, it just made the poot go mad:dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sheal

Cineraria

We (when I worked for the Parks Dept) used to leave them in for the winter to contrst and give height to the winter bedding Pansies and Polyanthus displays.
    We (when I worked for the Parks Dept) used to leave them in for the winter to contrst and give height to the winter bedding Pansies and Polyanthus displays.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun

Variegated plants/coloured leaved plants...love em or hate em?

What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour in spring/early summer.....really eye...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. The Gardening Banker

Eremurus

Info does tend to vary depending on where you look. The above is pretty much the same as what I found when I was thinking about growing some................... "Sow the seed in a gritty mix,...
    Info does tend to vary depending on where you look. The above is pretty much the same as what I found when I was thinking about growing some................... "Sow the seed in a gritty mix, water, keep warm for 2 or 3 weeks, then chill at 40F (5C) for 3-4 months. When the seedlings come up,...
    Info does tend to vary depending on where you look. The above is pretty much the same as what I found when I was thinking about growing some................... "Sow the seed in a gritty mix, water, keep warm for 2 or 3 weeks, then chill at 40F...
    Info does tend to vary depending on where you look. The above is pretty much the same as what I found when I was thinking about growing some................... "Sow the seed in a gritty mix,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. longk

Schlumbergera seeds

Well, I sowed a pinch on New Years Day and they are germinating like crazy already!
    Well, I sowed a pinch on New Years Day and they are germinating like crazy already!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sal73

Bomarea

I'm sure that I read somewhere that Alstros are very unreliable from cuttings. Are those Eucomis leaves Sal? You can slice them up into sections of about 30mm and get more from just the one leaf!
    I'm sure that I read somewhere that Alstros are very unreliable from cuttings. Are those Eucomis leaves Sal? You can slice them up into sections of about 30mm and get more from just the one leaf!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk

Sesbania punicea

Has any one grown the Rattlebox Tree? The first of my seeds has germinated and I would welcome all tips and advice.
    Has any one grown the Rattlebox Tree? The first of my seeds has germinated and I would welcome all tips and advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sal73
    Like x 5

Summer Bulbs

I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the equivalent of builder's (or soft) sand that you can buy from a builders merchant. But I wouldn't use...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the equivalent of builder's (or soft) sand that you can...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. HarryS

Firethorn not firing ?

Thanks all for the replies :dbgrtmb: It does appear from the posts that Firethorn flowering/berries is a tad erratic . I'll follow your suggestion Landimad and replace the top 3 inches with a good rich...
    Thanks all for the replies :dbgrtmb: It does appear from the posts that Firethorn flowering/berries is a tad erratic . I'll follow your suggestion Landimad and replace the top 3 inches with a good rich manure mix , the end of next month .
    Thanks all for the replies :dbgrtmb: It does appear from the posts that Firethorn flowering/berries is a tad erratic . I'll follow your suggestion Landimad and replace the top 3 inches with a good rich manure mix , the end of next month .
    Thanks all for the replies :dbgrtmb: It does appear from the posts that Firethorn flowering/berries is a tad erratic . I'll follow your suggestion Landimad and replace the top 3 inches with a good rich...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

Dwarf Plants

sal - even that Wisteria will grow several metres! I read about it on another (US?) forum a while back..............
    sal - even that Wisteria will grow several metres! I read about it on another (US?) forum a while back..............
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. rustyroots

Dahlias.

Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into...
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into larger pots for large plants this summer
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into larger pots for large plants this summer
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kristen

Twin Scaling (Snowdrops)

I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly"...
    I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly" looks to be every 2 to 3 years, although I suppose you only do it if there is leaf enough to suggest...
    I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly" looks to be every 2 to 3 years, although I suppose...
    I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly"...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. joolz68
    Like x 3

Monkey face orchid

I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related...
    I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related Masdevallias. As far as orchids go, they don't handle fluctuations (in temp and humidity) very well. And when...
    I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related Masdevallias. As far as orchids go, they don't handle...
    I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kamchow

Cymbidiums and Phalaenopsis help

excellent, thanks sue.
    excellent, thanks sue.
    excellent, thanks sue.
    excellent, thanks sue.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kayleigh

Wilkinson's Summer Bulbs

I enjoy leading others astray:catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. pamsdish

Perennial Sweet Peas

:scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up...
    :scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up not knowing the difference in that bed :heehee: (So, no pea harvest for Mum last summer). I also have a...
    :scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up not knowing the difference in that bed :heehee: (So, no...
    :scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nobody

Peltophorum pterocarpum

Sunny Hull.....Nearly the tropics.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice