Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Esoxlucius

Misting

Mine go in the shower too @JennyJB with the small ones being done in the bath and left to soak for an hour so I know their compost is throrughly moistened then left to drain comletely so they're...
    Mine go in the shower too @JennyJB with the small ones being done in the bath and left to soak for an hour so I know their compost is throrughly moistened then left to drain comletely so they're not sodden.Taller ones get wheeled into the showe once or twice in winter. Nearly all of them end...
    Mine go in the shower too @JennyJB with the small ones being done in the bath and left to soak for an hour so I know their compost is throrughly moistened then left to drain comletely so they're not sodden.Taller ones get wheeled into the showe...
    Mine go in the shower too @JennyJB with the small ones being done in the bath and left to soak for an hour so I know their compost is throrughly moistened then left to drain comletely so they're...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. bluegeranium

Poinsettia should I repot?

Thanks for the advice I have left it alone and placed it in a larger pot for support as suggested and it looks fine with no loss of leaves yet which is what usually happens so fingers crossed.
    Thanks for the advice I have left it alone and placed it in a larger pot for support as suggested and it looks fine with no loss of leaves yet which is what usually happens so fingers crossed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Purple Streaks

Foxtail lilies

I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very...
    I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very envious everything looks so well managed .Thank you to everyone else too for giving me the...
    I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very envious everything looks so well managed .Thank...
    I have 3 Pinokkio plus others I'm hoping I will successfully grow these beautiful plants . I will let you know what happens ,Perki your garden with the Alliums is lovely.....I'm Very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Esoxlucius

Calatheas

Ctenanthe flowers don't come from the base - there's a flower stem visible top left in my photo, above (not open yet, and they're fairly unremarkable when they do, at least on this variety).
    Ctenanthe flowers don't come from the base - there's a flower stem visible top left in my photo, above (not open yet, and they're fairly unremarkable when they do, at least on this variety).
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shaneoak

Muscari

Yes, hopefully they will arrive before end December. Do you know of any stories where they haven't bloomed because they were planted in late nov?
    Yes, hopefully they will arrive before end December. Do you know of any stories where they haven't bloomed because they were planted in late nov?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. roders

Bare root Wallflowers.

Yes ,for one shilling & six pence.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Fof

Cyclamen help

And very long lived too.
    And very long lived too.
    And very long lived too.
    And very long lived too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Esoxlucius

Virginia creeper.

The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's been very mild here and all the trees have been very slow to do that, and are holding their leaves...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's been very mild here and all the trees have been very...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Baalmaiden

Perennials that don't get out of hand.

Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out...
    Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out of the ground. I have anemone 'Crispy Curly' given to me by my sister which is pretty well behaved...
    Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out of the ground. I have anemone 'Crispy Curly' ...
    Thanks everyone, some interesting ideas here, I'll definitely try some of these. Unfortunately Dahlias and Echinaceas are a no as the slugs and snails here eat them as soon as they try poking out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. NoviceGardener2023

Lenten Rose - Advice

Thank you, I took your advice and did it earlier.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Michael Hewett

When to plant

Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn !The two I've got are bicolor and vandermerwei. The latter is small and is my favourite one, but it...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn !The two I've got are bicolor and vandermerwei. The...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Shaneoak

Asters

Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and...
    Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and rough guide how to go about it.
    Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and rough guide how to go about it.
    Not really they would probably come under the heading of Half Hardy Annual, (HHA), whereas Foxgloves would be considered as Hardy Biennial (HB)It usually says on the packets when to sow and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. fumanchu

Help please re houseplant compost

I'm gonna get me some sticky kitchen cabinets.:biggrin:Sometimes they can be confused with fruit flies in the summer months but fungus gnats are definitely a problem of over wet compost.
    I'm gonna get me some sticky kitchen cabinets.:biggrin:Sometimes they can be confused with fruit flies in the summer months but fungus gnats are definitely a problem of over wet compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. A Ban

Yucca plant in trouble

Thanks Pete, really appreciate your prompt advice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TheMadHedger

Amaryllis - no water for two months yet the leaves refuse to brown

Hiturn the pots on their side ... soon stop growing
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shaneoak

agapanthus advice

It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jocko

Wilting Buddleia.

It was a cultivar, Buddleja Berries and Cream.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sophie_D

Climbing hydrangeas struggling

I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow...
    I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow above ground to put some good below ground growth on first. Mine is in good soil too. I also suspect...
    I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow above ground to put some good below ground growth on...
    I have one against a back fence. The first couple of years it didn't do a great deal, but this spring it jumped into action and is growing fast, so I'm with the guys who say they start off slow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria
    Like x 3

False Aralia

Plerandra elegantissima / Schefflera elegantissima / Dizygotheca elegantissima and ??? which have always lived outdoors ...
    Plerandra elegantissima / Schefflera elegantissima / Dizygotheca elegantissima and ??? which have always lived outdoors ...
    Aralia2 10 Jul 23(1).jpg Aralia 10 Jul 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Janet mahay

Not sure what happened

Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they...
    Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they meant the same family cause one slightly darker but the sick one has a root forming and I closely...
    Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they meant the same family cause one slightly darker but...
    Hi looks like variegated yucca or Dracaena When I bought them they both said ever green from the same plant but didn't say what but I must say selleri they don't look much the same maybe they...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice