Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Peter Piper

Dahlia Buds.

Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign of the creature , then Slugs and Snails are the other common pest, again more often noticed by holes...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign of the creature , then Slugs and Snails are the...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. buddleia64

Chinese Lanterns

Mine are in various pots too, some I have sunk into the ground. I do feed very occasionally but tend to forget a lot too. :sad:They're just coming into bloom now.
    Mine are in various pots too, some I have sunk into the ground. I do feed very occasionally but tend to forget a lot too. :sad:They're just coming into bloom now.
    20200727_194934.jpg 20200727_194926.jpg IMG_20200727_203341.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Shaneoak

Asiatic and Tree lillies round semi circle bites on leaves

Thank you. I thought i'd got rid off all those pesky things! I normally spot them because of there bright orange shells. Thanks
    Thank you. I thought i'd got rid off all those pesky things! I normally spot them because of there bright orange shells. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. livvielou

Clematis problem

Hi livvielou, well, I do see one problem with the Clematis, but it does look like the plant has coped with it, and that is it is planted very close to the brick wall putting it in the rain shadow...
    Hi livvielou, well, I do see one problem with the Clematis, but it does look like the plant has coped with it, and that is it is planted very close to the brick wall putting it in the rain shadow where it can be dry and, of course, Clematis like their roots damp and cool.Thanks for that last...
    Hi livvielou, well, I do see one problem with the Clematis, but it does look like the plant has coped with it, and that is it is planted very close to the brick wall putting it in the rain shadow where it can be dry and, of course, Clematis like...
    Hi livvielou, well, I do see one problem with the Clematis, but it does look like the plant has coped with it, and that is it is planted very close to the brick wall putting it in the rain shadow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Tony81

Any idea what’s happening to my plants??

Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown...
    Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown and spotty and my Hebe’s have always been brown on the inside however they too have started to...
    Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown and spotty and my Hebe’s have always been brown on...
    Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown...
    E2DDEFF4-FB34-487D-B40D-1B191232DDAA.jpeg 9D28C3A6-FA1D-464E-AAB1-5FE91A6F90BE.jpeg D19574FC-E572-4C66-A6D0-50F349C4DFE0.jpeg 62155C71-401F-4327-B95F-0BE3FABB1EA2.jpeg 0162E439-2CED-462D-9D28-3A39B3D2CFC9.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kevin Cowans

Help required with Collapsed Hydrangea

No problem. Have a safe summer!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kevin Cowans

Phormium Flower Spike

Hello @peteThanks for the reply.I was leaning more towards pruning it to the base, especially since the plant is only relatively young, as you say, more energy to the plant then.ThanksKevin
    Hello @peteThanks for the reply.I was leaning more towards pruning it to the base, especially since the plant is only relatively young, as you say, more energy to the plant then.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Islander77

Tree Lupins; in containers or?

My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good germination and some promising young plants. Then today I realised there is a bigger one hiding in a...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good germination and some promising young plants. Then...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Wdyl

Salix bush... invasive roots?

Wdyl, it has been grafted so as it can be kept under control. If you grow the cutting on I would suggest you keep it in a pot.
    Wdyl, it has been grafted so as it can be kept under control. If you grow the cutting on I would suggest you keep it in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII

PEONY "BARZELLA"

Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet...
    Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet Ruby".......... Or possibly "Julia Rose"...............I planted mine into a large pot just under 12...
    Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet Ruby".......... Or possibly "Julia...
    Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet...
    upload_2020-7-7_19-43-33.png upload_2020-7-7_19-57-23.png 1488F885-FA09-4CEA-815F-A51407A4BABF.jpeg A05843A8-8886-4714-ABEE-E4A05DBB7293.jpeg upload_2020-7-8_18-7-55.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Glynne Williams

Kiwis

Amazing plant, and what a harvest! I've decided to plant my 'Jenny' outside on a trellis under a pollarded hawthorn. Here's hoping it survives!
    Amazing plant, and what a harvest! I've decided to plant my 'Jenny' outside on a trellis under a pollarded hawthorn. Here's hoping it survives!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kevin Cowans

How to stop a Hydrangea macrophylla from flopping

@Kevin Cowans A picture of my "Preziosa"
    Hydrangea Preziosa.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nick Baxter

Poorly Spider Plant

I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any...
    I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any water remaining in a saucer, then leave until fairly dry before watering again. No direct sunlight.
    I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any water remaining in a saucer, then leave until...
    I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Tea Rose

Money Plant with white spots

Probably not but a pic would help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. exlabman

salvia winter care

Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean...
    Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean to conservatory and a fifty year old cold green house with the odd plastic sheet replacing glass as...
    Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean to conservatory and a fifty year old cold green...
    Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. momo1103

Anthurium

Hi,Not a plant we have grown, but this site seems to have plenty of info.How to take care of the Anthurium pot plant and cut flower
    Hi,Not a plant we have grown, but this site seems to have plenty of info.How to take care of the Anthurium pot plant and cut flower
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nikolaos

Am I Cutting Back My Salvias Correctly?

I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as...
    I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as frost done it. So my thinking is to cut as far as a bud that has some green on the stalk, I.e. It's...
    I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as frost done it. So my thinking is to cut as far as...
    I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. landimad

Saintpaulia propagation and issues.

Get some ready plug plants from Dibleys. ;) www.dibleys.com. While rooting, leaves can be on the table right next to the window. They can do with a bit less light at that point.
    Get some ready plug plants from Dibleys. ;) www.dibleys.com. While rooting, leaves can be on the table right next to the window. They can do with a bit less light at that point.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MartinB

Agastachw blackadder changed colour

Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter,...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter, the other 2 have come back with more stems, they are not as tall and they are a definite mauve -...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter, the other 2 have come back with more stems, they...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. hidunc@ntlworld. com

hardy fuchsia suggestions?

Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up,...
    Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up, whereas on my Mrs Popple, they usually curve down, around the corolla, but Mrs Popple's petals,...
    Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up, whereas on my Mrs Popple, they usually curve down,...
    Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up,...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice