Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Kevin Cowans

Collecting and Sowing Echinacea Seeds

Hello @peteThanks, I will give the Website you Linked to a Read.Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kevin Cowans

Will 'Purple Sage' Re-Grow if cut down to Ground Level?

Hello @peteI had a feeling that was the case.I will cut the Main Plant back to below the damage and will keep the Layered Section.ThanksKevin
    Hello @peteI had a feeling that was the case.I will cut the Main Plant back to below the damage and will keep the Layered Section.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Esoxlucius

Aucuba

If it's got or had berries it's either one of the male/female cultivar or a female. Males will obviously never have berries.
    If it's got or had berries it's either one of the male/female cultivar or a female. Males will obviously never have berries.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. bluegeranium

Amaryllis Reblooming no flowers only leaves

They should re flower every year if you treat them properly after flowering. Depending on pot size ATM, repot after flowering, into a pot 1in bigger all round, and feed right through the summer...
    They should re flower every year if you treat them properly after flowering. Depending on pot size ATM, repot after flowering, into a pot 1in bigger all round, and feed right through the summer with high potash feed, like tomato feed. Keep the plants in a sunny position and dry it off towards...
    They should re flower every year if you treat them properly after flowering. Depending on pot size ATM, repot after flowering, into a pot 1in bigger all round, and feed right through the summer with high potash feed, like tomato feed. Keep the...
    They should re flower every year if you treat them properly after flowering. Depending on pot size ATM, repot after flowering, into a pot 1in bigger all round, and feed right through the summer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. soonguy

Looking for advice on choosing a climber please

Thanks again everyone, very grateful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. paultall90

when can i cut back my clematis

thankyou everyone it looks like ill be cutting them back this weekend, cheers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Shaneoak

repotting Clematis

Well, the less you pull on the stems the better, so if you can, lay them on their sides, check there aren't any roots through the drainage holes, run a long carving knife round between the...
    Well, the less you pull on the stems the better, so if you can, lay them on their sides, check there aren't any roots through the drainage holes, run a long carving knife round between the rootball and the pot and then gently tip the pot so the rootballs slide out onto a sheet of plastic. An...
    Well, the less you pull on the stems the better, so if you can, lay them on their sides, check there aren't any roots through the drainage holes, run a long carving knife round between the rootball and the pot and then gently tip the pot so the...
    Well, the less you pull on the stems the better, so if you can, lay them on their sides, check there aren't any roots through the drainage holes, run a long carving knife round between the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Will J

Is my star jasmine dead….

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I live in the south of England and it was the cold spell just before Xmas. It was consistently below freezing for about a week and probably got down to -8...
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I live in the south of England and it was the cold spell just before Xmas. It was consistently below freezing for about a week and probably got down to -8 celcius . I’ll wait and see what happens in the Spring. Thank you.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I live in the south of England and it was the cold spell just before Xmas. It was consistently below freezing for about a week and probably got down to -8 celcius . I’ll wait and see what happens in the...
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I live in the south of England and it was the cold spell just before Xmas. It was consistently below freezing for about a week and probably got down to -8...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Selleri
    Like x 7

Plants doing interesting things

Its almost a kind of Approach grafting, if you can keep two branches close enough as they grow they will do a natural graft.Not been there lately but in my local park there is a weeping willow...
    Its almost a kind of Approach grafting, if you can keep two branches close enough as they grow they will do a natural graft.Not been there lately but in my local park there is a weeping willow that has two fused branches forming a kind of circle.I think roots do it as well, but usually we...
    Its almost a kind of Approach grafting, if you can keep two branches close enough as they grow they will do a natural graft.Not been there lately but in my local park there is a weeping willow that has two fused branches forming a kind of...
    Its almost a kind of Approach grafting, if you can keep two branches close enough as they grow they will do a natural graft.Not been there lately but in my local park there is a weeping willow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Pandaman

Dwarf escallonia

:yay: Well, if Pandaman gets back to us later this year, we'll have our answer :)
    :yay: Well, if Pandaman gets back to us later this year, we'll have our answer :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Show us your Houseplants in Bloom now - 2022

Oh, my Tradescantia 'Blushing Bride' is now 'pinking up' again having moved it out of the sun.
    Oh, my Tradescantia 'Blushing Bride' is now 'pinking up' again having moved it out of the sun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 10

Christmas Cactus

The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my...
    The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my picture above).How To Care For a Christmas Cactus, Thanksgiving Cactus, or Easter CactusChristmas...
    The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my picture above).How To Care For a Christmas Cactus,...
    The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Shaneoak

Alliums

We planted Snowdrops "in the green" in February and they flowered shortly after. My wife is the Bulb Queen and she just plants them when they arrive, shifts them when she feels like it and they...
    We planted Snowdrops "in the green" in February and they flowered shortly after. My wife is the Bulb Queen and she just plants them when they arrive, shifts them when she feels like it and they all seem to flourish.
    We planted Snowdrops "in the green" in February and they flowered shortly after. My wife is the Bulb Queen and she just plants them when they arrive, shifts them when she feels like it and they all seem to flourish.
    We planted Snowdrops "in the green" in February and they flowered shortly after. My wife is the Bulb Queen and she just plants them when they arrive, shifts them when she feels like it and they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. xf8u39

Plant id please

It's Anthurium. Mine is about 15 years old, and apart from the flowers it had when I bought it, it has never flowered again. I live in hope
    It's Anthurium. Mine is about 15 years old, and apart from the flowers it had when I bought it, it has never flowered again. I live in hope
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Esoxlucius

Kentia palm

I picked up a kentia a month or so ago from IKEA, great looking plants :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Michael04

Banana plant

Many thanks to all for your help and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gwen austin

Red Baron, Stipa and bamboo

That's great advice thanks.i really like the red baron so hopefully it'll grow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Pacchira Aquatica

It is looking exceptional this year. It does lose its leaves here in Winter. Being in a pot I don't think it will ever flower.
    It is looking exceptional this year. It does lose its leaves here in Winter. Being in a pot I don't think it will ever flower.
    Pachira aquatica1 15 Oct 22.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. erskine

Over-Wintering Spider Lillies

I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they...
    I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they were splendid. However, they will not last over winter as temps will be too low and the ground too...
    I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they were splendid. However, they will not last over...
    I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Vanessa White

Verbena bonariensis surviving the frost

I'd use a cloche or a plastic bottle cut in half. I believe they are half-hardy but I've never been able to overwinter them, I think it's too wet here and they just rot away.
    I'd use a cloche or a plastic bottle cut in half. I believe they are half-hardy but I've never been able to overwinter them, I think it's too wet here and they just rot away.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice