1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. trogre

Impatiens & Petunias

Harry, the first time I had to grow NG Imps from seed it was 500 for Parks bedding and didn't give them the temperature requirements needed and they were retarded and late developing. I switched...
    Harry, the first time I had to grow NG Imps from seed it was 500 for Parks bedding and didn't give them the temperature requirements needed and they were retarded and late developing. I switched to plugs as soon as they became available. Last amount two years ago now( that long ago?) was...
    Harry, the first time I had to grow NG Imps from seed it was 500 for Parks bedding and didn't give them the temperature requirements needed and they were retarded and late developing. I switched to plugs as soon as they became available. Last...
    Harry, the first time I had to grow NG Imps from seed it was 500 for Parks bedding and didn't give them the temperature requirements needed and they were retarded and late developing. I switched...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. al n
    Like x 8

Had my cordy del, it's a beaut!

it should i hope beok there in the colder days and nights. its a south facing wall as well so it'll retain the heat. thanks joolz :blue thumb: i didnt take any pics of the back with the snow, but it did...
    it should i hope beok there in the colder days and nights. its a south facing wall as well so it'll retain the heat. thanks joolz :blue thumb: i didnt take any pics of the back with the snow, but it did look priddy :wub2:
    it should i hope beok there in the colder days and nights. its a south facing wall as well so it'll retain the heat. thanks joolz :blue thumb: i didnt take any pics of the back with the snow, but it did look priddy :wub2:
    it should i hope beok there in the colder days and nights. its a south facing wall as well so it'll retain the heat. thanks joolz :blue thumb: i didnt take any pics of the back with the snow, but it did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rustyroots

Bulbs.

Thank Palustris job for tomorrow.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Auntpol

What can I put with aubrietta

Try and find a wee space for parahebe- not a thug but a delightful little flower,
    Try and find a wee space for parahebe- not a thug but a delightful little flower,
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Auntpol

dianthus

You caused a bit of a panic there Dave ! It had me diving for my 2nd year chemistry book . I have been adding lime to some flower beds - thought I had turned them into bleach beds :snork:
    You caused a bit of a panic there Dave ! It had me diving for my 2nd year chemistry book . I have been adding lime to some flower beds - thought I had turned them into bleach beds :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sheal
    Like x 3

Ground cover plant

They might taste like sprouts :heehee: but dont try them! I have no resemblance to my family :scratch: :yes:
    They might taste like sprouts :heehee: but dont try them! I have no resemblance to my family :scratch: :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. averil

calamondin - houseplant or citrus

Just to add to this, my Calamondin is currently trying to flower... aye that's right, in an unheated greenhouse.. it's seen -2.1C in the greenhouse, but it is very happy, developing old fruit at a...
    Just to add to this, my Calamondin is currently trying to flower... aye that's right, in an unheated greenhouse.. it's seen -2.1C in the greenhouse, but it is very happy, developing old fruit at a surprisingly fast rate (considering this is Britain were talking about).. the more shocking thing...
    Just to add to this, my Calamondin is currently trying to flower... aye that's right, in an unheated greenhouse.. it's seen -2.1C in the greenhouse, but it is very happy, developing old fruit at a surprisingly fast rate (considering this is...
    Just to add to this, my Calamondin is currently trying to flower... aye that's right, in an unheated greenhouse.. it's seen -2.1C in the greenhouse, but it is very happy, developing old fruit at a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Hannah's Rose Garden

Hellebore mix

Thank you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Verdun
    Like x 3

New hellebore delivery

Sounds like a lovely combination :dbgrtmb: , look forward to the picture. Wash your mouth out Verdun :hate-shocked: lol, you really should check out some of the latest daylily introductions, they've come on so much in...
    Sounds like a lovely combination :dbgrtmb: , look forward to the picture. Wash your mouth out Verdun :hate-shocked: lol, you really should check out some of the latest daylily introductions, they've come on so much in recent years, I love all the varieties from the fabulous minis with patterned eyes to the biggest...
    Sounds like a lovely combination :dbgrtmb: , look forward to the picture. Wash your mouth out Verdun :hate-shocked: lol, you really should check out some of the latest daylily introductions, they've come on so much in recent years, I love all the varieties from the...
    Sounds like a lovely combination :dbgrtmb: , look forward to the picture. Wash your mouth out Verdun :hate-shocked: lol, you really should check out some of the latest daylily introductions, they've come on so much in...
    forty second street.jpg daylily bed.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nedson

Advise required on planting Laurels in very wet ground.

Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant,...
    Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant, also check they may need a water, as being evergreen they lose a lot of water through the leaves. Spruce
    Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant, also check they may need a water, as being evergreen...
    Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. joolz68
    Like x 5

Dumped orchids help please

Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman on the till but she looked at me like id gone out so i just paid for my stuff and left. I did trim...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman on the till but she looked at me like id gone out...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Spruce

Best Mimosa for a pot

As they grow so fast I don't really think Acacias are good plants for pots, mine was forever blowing over in the wind when it got to about 8ft. You can trim Dealbata and Baileyana but it reduces...
    As they grow so fast I don't really think Acacias are good plants for pots, mine was forever blowing over in the wind when it got to about 8ft. You can trim Dealbata and Baileyana but it reduces their flowering ability. A. Pravissima is the most hardy as Pete has proof, but yes they are untidy...
    As they grow so fast I don't really think Acacias are good plants for pots, mine was forever blowing over in the wind when it got to about 8ft. You can trim Dealbata and Baileyana but it reduces their flowering ability. A. Pravissima is the most...
    As they grow so fast I don't really think Acacias are good plants for pots, mine was forever blowing over in the wind when it got to about 8ft. You can trim Dealbata and Baileyana but it reduces...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. stephenprudence

Osteospermums

Don't bin them yet. I lose some every winter, but some make it through. I've had some survive much lower than -5'C, though winter does wipe a lot of them out.
    Don't bin them yet. I lose some every winter, but some make it through. I've had some survive much lower than -5'C, though winter does wipe a lot of them out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73

New Zealand plant

Not noted for needing acidic soil.............
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. joolz68

Evergreen perennials

I bought one from wilkinsons at christmas,its in the GH and still alive,all the established ones in gardens around here are still looking great after the snow :)
    I bought one from wilkinsons at christmas,its in the GH and still alive,all the established ones in gardens around here are still looking great after the snow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. trogre

Geraniums

Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you...
    Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you describe. I have some of last year's plants left. They may just die, but I cut off the tops so there's...
    Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you describe. I have some of last year's plants left....
    Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Grib

Cordyline?

The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. I did it with one of mine because my soil wasn't deep enough. It grew to 17' before the...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. I did it with one of mine because my soil...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mr Grinch
    Like x 8

The Ultimate Hellebore Thread

I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross fingers). But will they flower this year? They haven't so far. I got a common variety, can't...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross fingers). But will they flower this year? They...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. silu

Anybody know about Heleniums

That sounds good to me honeybunny. Tom thumb will give nice complimentary tone to heleniums and cover their foliage
    That sounds good to me honeybunny. Tom thumb will give nice complimentary tone to heleniums and cover their foliage
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. AndyKiz

Chinese Moneyplant

I thought it was a bee-eater but looked wrong colours to me! Weve had loads of waxwings up here this year, i've even got waxwing poo on my car!! :yes:
    I thought it was a bee-eater but looked wrong colours to me! Weve had loads of waxwings up here this year, i've even got waxwing poo on my car!! :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice