1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. lowrider69
    Like x 3

Venus fly trap advice

An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are fading away I can see that the actual rosettes look quite ok.It's planted in this big jar with a...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are fading away I can see that the actual rosettes look...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are...
    venus fly trap 2.jpg Venus FlyTrap.jpg venus fly trap 03.jpg venus.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clueless1

Venus Fly Trap

I'd use Sundews round the pond instead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun

Variegated plants/coloured leaved plants...love em or hate em?

What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour in spring/early summer.....really eye...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73

Vanilla grass

Sutton have just put on sale vanilla grass plant on sale , I`ve seen them before but never tasted .....did anyone ever taste them , do they really taste like vanilla??????
    Sutton have just put on sale vanilla grass plant on sale , I`ve seen them before but never tasted .....did anyone ever taste them , do they really taste like vanilla??????
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bradshaw_John

Vaccinium 'Fireballs'

Suckers are only a real problem on grafted plants mainly. Is it grafted?I assume you are using ericacaous compost as they like acid soil and the leaves may go yellow if it's not. If the new...
    Suckers are only a real problem on grafted plants mainly. Is it grafted?I assume you are using ericacaous compost as they like acid soil and the leaves may go yellow if it's not. If the new leaves green up in the next few weeks it's ok.
    Suckers are only a real problem on grafted plants mainly. Is it grafted?I assume you are using ericacaous compost as they like acid soil and the leaves may go yellow if it's not. If the new leaves green up in the next few weeks it's ok.
    Suckers are only a real problem on grafted plants mainly. Is it grafted?I assume you are using ericacaous compost as they like acid soil and the leaves may go yellow if it's not. If the new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Februarysgirl

V.V. Quick Question About Geraniums

Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in...
    Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in it). No problem at all with a sprinkling of pellets, in fact they might flower better for it.
    Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in it). No problem at all with a sprinkling of...
    Because you said you thought the geraniums might not like it, I wondered whether you were adding it in bulk like rotted farmyard manure (which might possibly rot the crowns if they were buried in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nikolaos

Unsteady Eupatorium

Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll cut down the stems by half just after these three are done flowering to let it concentrate on root...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll cut down the stems by half just after these three...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jane Kirk

Unknown plant growing well in my bucket

Hmm could be, the black spots appearing on the leaves is a dead giveaway if it is... Loads of that growing here in the organic hay fields.. :scratch:
    Hmm could be, the black spots appearing on the leaves is a dead giveaway if it is... Loads of that growing here in the organic hay fields.. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. nikirushka

Unhappy Honesty!

I'd give them plenty of water, as their root system has been disturbed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nikirushka

Unhappy eremerus

I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next...
    I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next years growth and you have plenty of leaves on there. Try giving them a feed as well.Good luck, can't...
    I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next years growth and you have plenty of leaves on there....
    I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Clueless76

Unhappy deutzia

Oh goody a buck up chat..... The neighbours won't think I'm mad at all! Worth ago thanks jenny ;)
    Oh goody a buck up chat..... The neighbours won't think I'm mad at all! Worth ago thanks jenny ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. nikirushka

Unhappy crocosmia

To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each...
    To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each tyre, by about a half they will soon bulk up again and fill the tyres.
    To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each tyre, by about a half they will soon bulk up again...
    To me they look rather crowded in the tyres. I would certainly recommend mixing some garden soil in with the compost or repot them into John Innes 2 or 3 and reduce the number of bulbs, in each...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. REMO

Umbrella Tree - new branches not growing from stem

Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the...
    Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the corner/shade and was doing just fine for the first year or so.
    Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the corner/shade and was doing just fine for the first...
    Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the...
    20200519_115614.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kristen

Twin Scaling (Snowdrops)

I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly"...
    I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly" looks to be every 2 to 3 years, although I suppose you only do it if there is leaf enough to suggest...
    I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly" looks to be every 2 to 3 years, although I suppose...
    I've been trying to find out how quickly snowdrops will "bulk up" naturally. What I have read suggests that you need to lift-and-divide regularly to get the best rate of increase. "regularly"...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Philip Hughes

Tulips

I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and...
    I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and trade at the time, and so had a massive increase in the money supply - which invariably leads to a...
    I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and trade at the time, and so had a massive increase in...
    I have a couple of books on Tulipomania in Holland in the 1630's. Its a fascinating insight into human behaviour. It was all caused by Holland, who had 50% of the world's merchant shipping and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shaneoak

Tulip bulbs haven't emerged

Thanks Allen. I didn't think about the moisture. It rains alot in Yorkshire, but we did have lots of dry cold spells..maybe that is what caused it It;s very odd.
    Thanks Allen. I didn't think about the moisture. It rains alot in Yorkshire, but we did have lots of dry cold spells..maybe that is what caused it It;s very odd.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. martin-f

Tropaeolum climbing or scrambling species

The flame flower is beautiful it grows like a triffid in my garden i love the blue seeds. It does need it's root in the shade though and will grow away through any thing to reach the light. Oh and...
    The flame flower is beautiful it grows like a triffid in my garden i love the blue seeds. It does need it's root in the shade though and will grow away through any thing to reach the light. Oh and i have tried most of the other varieties but they died, i don't think they are nearly as hardy as...
    The flame flower is beautiful it grows like a triffid in my garden i love the blue seeds. It does need it's root in the shade though and will grow away through any thing to reach the light. Oh and i have tried most of the other varieties but they...
    The flame flower is beautiful it grows like a triffid in my garden i love the blue seeds. It does need it's root in the shade though and will grow away through any thing to reach the light. Oh and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. amymac78

Tree peony

Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Islander77

Tree Lupins; in containers or?

My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good germination and some promising young plants. Then today I realised there is a bigger one hiding in a...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good germination and some promising young plants. Then...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Syd Hutchinson

Tree fern question.

Thanks for that. I shall leave them on.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice