Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Shaneoak

Cyclamen

No idea lol I’ll take a pic in a bit . Thanks, I’ll check that link out
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Shaneoak

Will these be okay in pots over winter

Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of...
    Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of my garden with a vine weevil killer.
    Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of my garden with a vine weevil killer.
    Yes they do live in the ground too but they usually have less of an effect. They tend to go for my shrubs and cut chunks out of the leaves. Next year I intend to treat the worst affected part of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. tugrul

Help needed with dwarf pampas grass

It's probably the shock of being moved, it's very difficult to do with any plant in flower unless they are in a pot.
    It's probably the shock of being moved, it's very difficult to do with any plant in flower unless they are in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shaneoak

NEW GUINEA IMPATIENS

Cheers for advice . No they’re still in trays but going very well . I’m a master procrastinator and need to plant them ASAP!
    Cheers for advice . No they’re still in trays but going very well . I’m a master procrastinator and need to plant them ASAP!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Chris20

Plant suggestions for a poorly lit room?

Is the old fashioned cheese plant, aka Swiss cheese plant not a candidate?I've not had one for years, probably since before I moved house, but I remember them being indestructible.Side story....
    Is the old fashioned cheese plant, aka Swiss cheese plant not a candidate?I've not had one for years, probably since before I moved house, but I remember them being indestructible.Side story. Years and years ago I and a mate were walking my dog on the beach. The dog found a stick, and we...
    Is the old fashioned cheese plant, aka Swiss cheese plant not a candidate?I've not had one for years, probably since before I moved house, but I remember them being indestructible.Side story. Years and years ago I and a mate were walking my...
    Is the old fashioned cheese plant, aka Swiss cheese plant not a candidate?I've not had one for years, probably since before I moved house, but I remember them being indestructible.Side story....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Brian L

Climbers for a new pergola, 2023 planting ?

I always like planting in autumn myself, if that's an option - gives the plants time to establish a good root system before they start growing in the spring. It's also the right time to put in...
    I always like planting in autumn myself, if that's an option - gives the plants time to establish a good root system before they start growing in the spring. It's also the right time to put in bare-root plants, which are worth considering - gives you a much wider selection of rose and vine...
    I always like planting in autumn myself, if that's an option - gives the plants time to establish a good root system before they start growing in the spring. It's also the right time to put in bare-root plants, which are worth considering - gives...
    I always like planting in autumn myself, if that's an option - gives the plants time to establish a good root system before they start growing in the spring. It's also the right time to put in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jocko

Viburnum “Charles Lamont”

That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the...
    That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the opulus about three weeks later.
    That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the opulus about three weeks later.
    That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. vbgr

rubber plant damaged leaves

I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in...
    I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in another pot. Is this an easy way to resolve the problem. Thanks V
    I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in another pot. Is this an easy way to resolve the...
    I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in...
    226FBE92-DBE5-4CE0-8120-2F93386CB3D8.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jocko

Night Scented Stock

Awesome. Thanks. If that's not exactly it, it's close enough. I'll order some for next year.
    Awesome. Thanks. If that's not exactly it, it's close enough. I'll order some for next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. stumorphmac

Glorious superba

Below is a flower of mine. The colours develop over several days as it matures. An interesting point is that the style has a right angle bend in it carrying the stigma out to the side. This is an...
    Below is a flower of mine. The colours develop over several days as it matures. An interesting point is that the style has a right angle bend in it carrying the stigma out to the side. This is an attempt to prevent self pollination when an insect flies in snd picks up pollen from the stamens...
    Below is a flower of mine. The colours develop over several days as it matures. An interesting point is that the style has a right angle bend in it carrying the stigma out to the side. This is an attempt to prevent self pollination when an insect...
    Below is a flower of mine. The colours develop over several days as it matures. An interesting point is that the style has a right angle bend in it carrying the stigma out to the side. This is an...
    Gloriosa superba.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Scott manning

Monstera deliciosa

Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much...
    Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much fertiliser, water and warmth, but the position looks bright enough to support it. :scratch:I would take a cutting and...
    Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much fertiliser, water and warmth, but the position looks bright...
    Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Reddwarf4ever

Choice of plants for a cemetery plot

A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind....
    A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind. Does the site get mown and are there rabbits? Sorry for all the questions but I like to plant on my...
    A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind. Does the site get mown and are there rabbits? Sorry...
    A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jack Snakes

Kaffir Lime tree

Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put...
    Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put it back in it's pot, leave it in a shady, sheltered corner, give it 1/2l of water once a fortnight if...
    Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put it back in it's pot, leave it in a shady, sheltered...
    Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Shaneoak

Giant hollyhock leaves

Taking one or two off probably wouldn't do any harm.During this hot weather the flowers are going over quickly, I'm taking them off as you can see a new flower head forming.
    Taking one or two off probably wouldn't do any harm.During this hot weather the flowers are going over quickly, I'm taking them off as you can see a new flower head forming.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Funkar

Where to buy Laurels in bulk.

@Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size...
    @Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size pot grown are £2.58 each. Don't envy you pruning that lot with secateurs every spring though.
    @Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size pot grown are £2.58 each. Don't envy you pruning...
    @Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. CostasK

Clematis wilting

Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that...
    Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that Montanas are quite resistant to clematis wilt so I guess that wouldn't be the most likely scenario...
    Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that Montanas are quite resistant to clematis wilt so I...
    Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that...
    20220705_201645.jpg 20220705_201638.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jowo

Brown patches on ficus leaves

Ah, thank you. It should be in the perfect position now so fingers crossed. I'm hoping all the brown leaves were inherited so I've removed them which will make it easier to monitor for new...
    Ah, thank you. It should be in the perfect position now so fingers crossed. I'm hoping all the brown leaves were inherited so I've removed them which will make it easier to monitor for new changes. Many thanks
    Ah, thank you. It should be in the perfect position now so fingers crossed. I'm hoping all the brown leaves were inherited so I've removed them which will make it easier to monitor for new changes. Many thanks
    Ah, thank you. It should be in the perfect position now so fingers crossed. I'm hoping all the brown leaves were inherited so I've removed them which will make it easier to monitor for new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. CostasK

Dahlia - could it still be alive?

Don't try splitting it, find the neck where last year's top growth came from and look for any sign of buds.
    Don't try splitting it, find the neck where last year's top growth came from and look for any sign of buds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Plaurel

Portugese Laurel - Growth on Branches

Hi saw some info Portuguese Laurels tend to branch out better if you prune them yearly. If you dont, the lower branches will start to thicken and leaves will not grow much. The more you...
    Hi saw some info Portuguese Laurels tend to branch out better if you prune them yearly. If you dont, the lower branches will start to thicken and leaves will not grow much. The more you prune, the more the shrub will create more branches Portuguese Laurel can be finicky when it comes to...
    Hi saw some info Portuguese Laurels tend to branch out better if you prune them yearly. If you dont, the lower branches will start to thicken and leaves will not grow much. The more you prune, the more the shrub will create more branches ...
    Hi saw some info Portuguese Laurels tend to branch out better if you prune them yearly. If you dont, the lower branches will start to thicken and leaves will not grow much. The more you...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice