Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Jenny namaste
    Like x 5

Oxalis triangularis " Cupido"

Mine are looking good again this year thanks @Jenny namasteThe 'Iron Cross' you sent me a few years back are very well established now, they are fighting off the Surfinas at the moment:
    Mine are looking good again this year thanks @Jenny namasteThe 'Iron Cross' you sent me a few years back are very well established now, they are fighting off the Surfinas at the moment:
    P1070436.jpg P1080191.jpg P1080192.jpg Purple.jpg P1080214.jpg P1080216.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tracy Isted

Daybed Project

Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end which is in the shade apart from the last few hours of the day when the sun goes down; it's the ideal...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end which is in the shade apart from the last few hours...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end...
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-13 at 12.00.52.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rustyroots
    Like x 4

Hellebores offer.

Just don't plant them upside down, Pam:nonofinger::dunno::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kevin Cowans

Hellebores Flowering in June

I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few...
    I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few years now and they are super-reliable and stay flowering for a long time - I love them! I hope you get...
    I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few years now and they are super-reliable and stay...
    I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shaun Jordan

Advice on native hedge

Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to...
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to stick with your native hedge.
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to stick with your native hedge.
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Richard88

Large evergreen climber for pergola

Thanks for all that brilliant information, I feel like I've made the right choice. I was just a bit worried about the state it turned up in, I guess plants are going to suffer a bit durning delivery.
    Thanks for all that brilliant information, I feel like I've made the right choice. I was just a bit worried about the state it turned up in, I guess plants are going to suffer a bit durning delivery.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wayfarer

Wisteria transplant.

I dont see why not, but personally I wouldn't do it now. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David Cook

Sunflower advice

@David Cook - I'm in the same part of the world and the sunflowers from last year seeded and they are coming up happily all over my garden - so they are tough enough!
    @David Cook - I'm in the same part of the world and the sunflowers from last year seeded and they are coming up happily all over my garden - so they are tough enough!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Markymark

Any ideas brown leaves?

Brilliant! Thank you. I think it did it last year too... but not as bad. I’ll give it a trim after flowering. Thank you so much
    Brilliant! Thank you. I think it did it last year too... but not as bad. I’ll give it a trim after flowering. Thank you so much
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sian in Belgium

Plant Rescue Inc

I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the...
    I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the infamous Kilmarnock willow, that founded a herb bed, from one such migration, and a new friend has...
    I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the infamous Kilmarnock willow, that founded a herb...
    I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kevin Cowans

How to support a Peony to stop it flopping

Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the flowers.What would be the best way to support the Peony to stop it flopping?I have looked at Peony...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the flowers.What would be the best way to support the Peony...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Peony which was planted last September and when it had flowers late this Spring the branches were resting on the ground due to the weight of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kevin Cowans

Can a Fatsia Japonica be moved?

Hello @flounderThanks for the reply.Following your advice I have now moved the Fatsia successfully.The root mass was not much more than what was there when originally planted in September...
    Hello @flounderThanks for the reply.Following your advice I have now moved the Fatsia successfully.The root mass was not much more than what was there when originally planted in September so it came out easily.I really was not looking forward to moving it but I am glad I did, it looks...
    Hello @flounderThanks for the reply.Following your advice I have now moved the Fatsia successfully.The root mass was not much more than what was there when originally planted in September so it came out easily.I really was not looking...
    Hello @flounderThanks for the reply.Following your advice I have now moved the Fatsia successfully.The root mass was not much more than what was there when originally planted in September...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kevin Cowans

Watering Clematis

You're most welcome, Kevin.:love30::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. AbiJ

Hydrangea wilting

I would make sure that it gets morning sun only (so afternoon and evening shade), that it is not in a windy location, that it has 5-10 cms of organic mulch and that it gets about 3.8 liters of...
    I would make sure that it gets morning sun only (so afternoon and evening shade), that it is not in a windy location, that it has 5-10 cms of organic mulch and that it gets about 3.8 liters of water per watering.Water when a finger inserted into the soil to a depth of 10cms feels dry or almost...
    I would make sure that it gets morning sun only (so afternoon and evening shade), that it is not in a windy location, that it has 5-10 cms of organic mulch and that it gets about 3.8 liters of water per watering.Water when a finger inserted...
    I would make sure that it gets morning sun only (so afternoon and evening shade), that it is not in a windy location, that it has 5-10 cms of organic mulch and that it gets about 3.8 liters of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. barryman

Help on houseplant care

Well, is the plant used to hot sunshine? If it's a house plant I think not. I think your risking it a bit.
    Well, is the plant used to hot sunshine? If it's a house plant I think not. I think your risking it a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Chaz

Can anybody identify this plant?

Ragwort is generally known as a weed and poisonous to animals if ingested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hana Vanstone

Leather Leaf Mahonia

Which is why I got rid of my holly trees.;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. REMO

Umbrella Tree - new branches not growing from stem

Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the...
    Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the corner/shade and was doing just fine for the first year or so.
    Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the corner/shade and was doing just fine for the first...
    Hello folks. Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. The stem continues to grow but the leaves have not been sprouting. It's been in the house in a room with fairly good light, but in the...
    20200519_115614.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Blackburn

Honeysuckle Question

Yes, absolutely! Mine here was originally from a cutting, brought back from holiday in my sponge bag. What would be even easier, if it works, is layering, i.e. bringing some of the tendrils from...
    Yes, absolutely! Mine here was originally from a cutting, brought back from holiday in my sponge bag. What would be even easier, if it works, is layering, i.e. bringing some of the tendrils from the existing plant down on your side of the fence, and pegging them down into the soil and earthing...
    Yes, absolutely! Mine here was originally from a cutting, brought back from holiday in my sponge bag. What would be even easier, if it works, is layering, i.e. bringing some of the tendrils from the existing plant down on your side of the fence,...
    Yes, absolutely! Mine here was originally from a cutting, brought back from holiday in my sponge bag. What would be even easier, if it works, is layering, i.e. bringing some of the tendrils from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kevin Cowans

Hydrangea not growing after being damaged three years ago

Hello allJust a quick update.I have done some very careful digging around the base of the Hydrangea and the roots on one side are mushy and smelly.I have now removed the Hydrangea and...
    Hello allJust a quick update.I have done some very careful digging around the base of the Hydrangea and the roots on one side are mushy and smelly.I have now removed the Hydrangea and disposed of it as I do not want anything spreading to nearby plants.I will get a replacement...
    Hello allJust a quick update.I have done some very careful digging around the base of the Hydrangea and the roots on one side are mushy and smelly.I have now removed the Hydrangea and disposed of it as I do not want anything spreading to...
    Hello allJust a quick update.I have done some very careful digging around the base of the Hydrangea and the roots on one side are mushy and smelly.I have now removed the Hydrangea and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice