1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. CanadianLori

Zulu Warrior doesn't give seeds?

A lot bigger than mine and no slug damage , looks great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lake47

Concerned about my plant!

Dracaena marginata not Cordyline.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jocko

My first foray with Lupins.

Thanks, Nigel. I will do that (still some first flush flowers on it). If I see any aphids I will nuke them.
    Thanks, Nigel. I will do that (still some first flush flowers on it). If I see any aphids I will nuke them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. justin249

How To Grow Mesembryanthemum Plants

I have grown them very successfully here in Scotland. A good few years back now. I think I bought the plants from B&Q or Homebase.
    I have grown them very successfully here in Scotland. A good few years back now. I think I bought the plants from B&Q or Homebase.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nikolaos

A couple of issues with one of my Buddleia davidii

Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less...
    Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less of it, I suppose. I quite like the caterpillars and with 5 buddleias to potentially strip I think...
    Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less of it, I suppose. I quite like the caterpillars...
    Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Schofe56

What has happened to my dahlias?

Assuming you mean you put them outdoors during the day, were they in full sun. It looks as pete said to me.
    Assuming you mean you put them outdoors during the day, were they in full sun. It looks as pete said to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Arty Bee

Companion Planting for Passionflower?

He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow...
    He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow an ivy and them deliberately kill it and grow the passionflower on the remains.
    He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow an ivy and them deliberately kill it and grow the...
    He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Grandma Sue

I would love to know the name?

Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does ...
    Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does look great when the poppies are in flower as they all seem to like a dry gritty area.
    Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does look great when the poppies are in flower as they all...
    Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does ...
    20220514_123339 (1).jpg 20220514_123310.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Djmturner

Yucca plant help.

It looks like one stem has not rooted and has been slowly rotting instead.Put the others, with roots, back in some fresh compost and discard the rotten one.
    It looks like one stem has not rooted and has been slowly rotting instead.Put the others, with roots, back in some fresh compost and discard the rotten one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lindyco

Iris buds curl up & wilt.

Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large,...
    Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large, colourful blooms. Last year and now this year again some of the buds are failing to fully open and are...
    Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large, colourful blooms. Last year and now this year again...
    Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large,...
    IMG_20220513_152719844.jpg IMG_20220513_152647910.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Billi

Should i cut back my Croton?

I'd leave it alone, it looks good to me. Its a plant i have always struggled with.
    I'd leave it alone, it looks good to me. Its a plant i have always struggled with.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. VeggieNovice

A little garden privacy?

For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you like.B&Q sell them for £45 or if you are close to a Home Bargains you can pick one up for...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you like.B&Q sell them for £45 or if you are close to...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jules W

Dracaena - Wrinkled Stem

Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it...
    Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it looks like the roots are all at the top of the pot and maybe no going down to the bottom.
    Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it looks like the roots are all at the top of the pot...
    Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Laura123

Is this beyond help?

I don't need the space, maybe I'll give it a chance yet!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. daisybelle

Ivy as houseplant in low light?

In my experience peace lily and pothos seem to do well in low light Oh and snake plants
    In my experience peace lily and pothos seem to do well in low light Oh and snake plants
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ricky101

Tradescantia - Spider Lily

Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage...
    Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage with blue flowers.
    Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage with blue flowers.
    Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. exlabman

salvia winter care

My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I did take cuttings of these and Amistad. S guaranitica has had flowers on it except for February and is...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I did take cuttings of these and Amistad. S...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. The Scottish Gardener

Cucumber seedling wilting

Thank you JWK. I will see how they get on. I gave some plants to a friend for her 4 year old daughter, she sent me a photo of them and they are doing great! I put the 2 biggest droopy plants in...
    Thank you JWK. I will see how they get on. I gave some plants to a friend for her 4 year old daughter, she sent me a photo of them and they are doing great! I put the 2 biggest droopy plants in the heated propagator overnight and they have perked up. Your advice is much appreciated, thank you...
    Thank you JWK. I will see how they get on. I gave some plants to a friend for her 4 year old daughter, she sent me a photo of them and they are doing great! I put the 2 biggest droopy plants in the heated propagator overnight and they have perked...
    Thank you JWK. I will see how they get on. I gave some plants to a friend for her 4 year old daughter, she sent me a photo of them and they are doing great! I put the 2 biggest droopy plants in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. martyn bromley

What's wrong.

Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start...
    Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start making a web and are in plague numbers.For watering in Winter, wait until you see the leaves just...
    Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start making a web and are in plague numbers.For watering...
    Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Felicity Grace

Pieris Japonica Help!

Hi as pete mentioned water well first How to Transplant Pieris Japonica | Home Guides | SF …homeguides.sfgate.com/how-to-transplant-pieris-japonica-13428
    Hi as pete mentioned water well first How to Transplant Pieris Japonica | Home Guides | SF …homeguides.sfgate.com/how-to-transplant-pieris-japonica-13428
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice