1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Poly Hive

My bodged poly due to sloping ground

Showing the height difference I had to deal with. No doubt there are better ways but this is what I thought of.
    Showing the height difference I had to deal with. No doubt there are better ways but this is what I thought of.
    DSCF2127.jpg DSCF2150[1]a.jpg DSCF2151[1]a.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wavebuster

HOW MANY?

A gardener I have a great respect for is Richard Sandford of Lower Lovetts Farm Lower Lovetts Farm ::He grows his tomatoes in smallish pots too.From this gallery Lower Lovetts Farm ::...
    A gardener I have a great respect for is Richard Sandford of Lower Lovetts Farm Lower Lovetts Farm ::He grows his tomatoes in smallish pots too.From this gallery Lower Lovetts Farm :: DetailsSteve...:)
    A gardener I have a great respect for is Richard Sandford of Lower Lovetts Farm Lower Lovetts Farm ::He grows his tomatoes in smallish pots too.From this gallery Lower Lovetts Farm :: DetailsSteve...:)
    A gardener I have a great respect for is Richard Sandford of Lower Lovetts Farm Lower Lovetts Farm ::He grows his tomatoes in smallish pots too.From this gallery Lower Lovetts Farm ::...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Quackerjack

Solar Powered Fan to aid ventilation?

Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of...
    Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of gravel/broken glass and a pc fan could heat and cool a greenhouse but tbh a hot cuppa tea (heating) and an...
    Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of gravel/broken glass and a pc fan could heat and cool a...
    Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jimcub

Poly tunnel doors

I used an old wood greenhouse end frame to make a ready made door, works well and I can lock it. Plus a roll of mesh to make a barrier for cats when door is open in hot weather,
    I used an old wood greenhouse end frame to make a ready made door, works well and I can lock it. Plus a roll of mesh to make a barrier for cats when door is open in hot weather,
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Davidsup

Using windbreak netting on top to protect and tightening cover polytunnel

I used webbing straps with 18" ground anchors, loosely tied so not to bend the plastic but will not allow it to expand in the wind. 3 on a 9m tunnel
    I used webbing straps with 18" ground anchors, loosely tied so not to bend the plastic but will not allow it to expand in the wind. 3 on a 9m tunnel
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. savo318

Pollinating toms in a tunnel

Does anyone have any tips on pollinating broad beans in a tunnel?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Poly Hive

is this any good please?

Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is...
    Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is 5950mm and removing a single intermediate section would reduce it by 990mm, reducing the overall...
    Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is 5950mm and removing a single intermediate section...
    Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Leadbelly

Clothes drying in tunnel

same as mine great piece of kit saves a fortune in the tumble drier alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Quackerjack

what to grow and what not to grow?

That is great, thanks. Either you are feeding an army or else you are awfully fond of brassicas! :)
    That is great, thanks. Either you are feeding an army or else you are awfully fond of brassicas! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Poly Hive

Where to source from

Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be...
    Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be quite suitable.Any makes you can suggest as we can fit in 5m x 3 or 4m.PH
    Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be quite suitable.Any makes you can suggest as we...
    Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. freeflow

Lean to growing versus polytunel

Forgot to mention there is clear corrugated sheeting available so you can replace the rooftop?
    Forgot to mention there is clear corrugated sheeting available so you can replace the rooftop?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Scudo

poly greenhouse

Condensation will persist from day today, its part of our damp climate. Dampness can be more of a killer than the actual cold.You can only do your best and ventilate when ever you get the chance.
    Condensation will persist from day today, its part of our damp climate. Dampness can be more of a killer than the actual cold.You can only do your best and ventilate when ever you get the chance.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rob Taylor

Time for a tunnel

stainless bolts would be best but could cost you more than the tunnel. If you coat zinc bolts/hardware with a thin layer of vaseline it`ll keep the moisture off and they wont rust as fast.
    stainless bolts would be best but could cost you more than the tunnel. If you coat zinc bolts/hardware with a thin layer of vaseline it`ll keep the moisture off and they wont rust as fast.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wavebuster
    Funny x 4

NOBODY LIKES TO DO IT!

Potato/Tomato blight needs green material to survive. It will not overwinter in the soil.
    Potato/Tomato blight needs green material to survive. It will not overwinter in the soil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tijs

Polytunnel and raised beds

All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it together. I bought a second cover for £20 which I have in reserve, I also have a gazebo up since last...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it together. I bought a second cover for £20 which I...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wavebuster

Polytunnel polythene

Steve, I haven't a clue where to begin on posting photo's! I'm not computer savvy enough sorry:love30:
    Steve, I haven't a clue where to begin on posting photo's! I'm not computer savvy enough sorry:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mo_

new polytunnel

Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would...
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would make one using scaffold poles and plastic pipe.
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would make one using scaffold poles and plastic pipe.
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jennywren

Need some inspiration for winter crops in the polytunnel

Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other tunnel I've been using the thinnings from the Pak Choi and Chinese cabbage in salad but have now left...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other tunnel I've been using the thinnings from the Pak...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other...
    Poly Jan.JPG Little bowls of salad.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. CreakyJoints
    Like x 4

I Just Bought A Small Polytunnel

Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could be 10 or even 12 feet long. His quote for 2 days work was very reasonable too at £200, and he's the...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could be 10 or even 12 feet long. His quote for 2 days...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jonathan

Spur of the moment purchase

I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is turned 90 deg so side on to wind. Sank the frame 6" and pulled the cover under the frame before...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is turned 90 deg so side on to wind. Sank the frame 6"...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice