1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. jennywren

Is my poly plan sound?

First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    Start.JPG hens.JPG Tunnel.JPG less work.JPG foam.JPG IMG_3956.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. savo318

new poly

Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and...
    Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and just wheel it up the garden in one go. :yahoo: this was me trying to save a bit of time at 5 in the morning...
    Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and just wheel it up the garden in one go. :yahoo: this was me...
    Rather than make the shelving fixed, i made it so that i can take it out, i also made a caster wheeled board, that way when i want to harder off my plants i can put them all on the board and...
    20150304_190035.jpg pt edging and strap.jpg pt rails.jpg pt fxg strut top.jpg pt tape.jpg pt door.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. John Stevenson

Grape Vine in a Polytunnel

At my allotment, someone who has a grapevine in a tunnel offered the advice to plant it outside, but train it into the tunnel, that way you'll get the benefit of rainwater when it rains.
    At my allotment, someone who has a grapevine in a tunnel offered the advice to plant it outside, but train it into the tunnel, that way you'll get the benefit of rainwater when it rains.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jonathan

Spur of the moment purchase

I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is turned 90 deg so side on to wind. Sank the frame 6" and pulled the cover under the frame before...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is turned 90 deg so side on to wind. Sank the frame 6"...
    I know the problem of the door zips opening and wind ripping the seams apart, I rescued mine and after sewing it up change the orientation and put it back on. The differences I made this time is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. MournePT

My polytunnel for mostly chillies

How's it going this year ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. MournePT

Hydroponics in a polytunnel

A grow tent isnt essential, outdoor/greenhouse hydro is more productive and the light is free.
    A grow tent isnt essential, outdoor/greenhouse hydro is more productive and the light is free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kristen

Cover Vegetable Patch with Polytunnel?

OK, must just be Drought Hosepipe Bans where trickle is still permitted (or was last time around ...)
    OK, must just be Drought Hosepipe Bans where trickle is still permitted (or was last time around ...)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Acorn

Polytunnel

Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off...
    Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off until 1st July 2014. 15% off 'dream polytunnels'
    Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off until 1st July 2014. 15% off 'dream polytunnels'
    Premier Tunnels have reduced their prices [1] and their 10 x 20 foot tunnel has been reduced from £433 to £389.70, making it cheaper than a DIY tunnel made from bought materials [1] 10% Off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Samuel_1988

How to stop the fabric of my tunnel from ripping apart?

Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions...
    Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions it started to rip in a couple of places at the ends around the circular part of the hoops, but after...
    Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions it started to rip in a couple of places at the...
    Is one with a green mesh reinforced plastic covering that has Velcro tapes to secure it to the frame? When I first erected one of those and secured it with all the tapes as per the instructions...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. SimonW
    Like x 9

Joined the club

Wow looking good, your benches are superb too.. Very organised :biggrin: from a disorganised person.. :heehee:
    Wow looking good, your benches are superb too.. Very organised :biggrin: from a disorganised person.. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Rob Taylor

Feel good Poly tunnel on a slope

I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors...
    I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors they will always swing towards the lowest end (unless you construct sliding doors. You could...
    I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors they will always swing towards the lowest end...
    I've read (& seen pics) that polytunnels are OK on a slope (lengthways), but obviously the hoops need to be at 90 degrees to the rails/sloping ground or the cover wont fit. If you construct doors...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Samuel_1988

How to harvest rain water from the polytunnel?

Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a...
    Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a means of pumping it out though.
    Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a means of pumping it out though.
    Probably the most effective way would be to dig a trench, submerge the largest size guttering and backfill with gravel. The guttering would need a run down to a well that you dig. It will need a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Samuel_1988

How to maximise growing space in a polytunnel?

That tunnel with the staging is 4 x 2.5m, no plans I made it up as I went along.
    That tunnel with the staging is 4 x 2.5m, no plans I made it up as I went along.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SimonW

Polytunnel on grass

Thanks all. I went for the 6x3 blowaway and will place it at the far end of my veg plot.
    Thanks all. I went for the 6x3 blowaway and will place it at the far end of my veg plot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dave W

ID These Grubs ?

same one European cranefly or daddy longlegs , your#s are having a good feed if orrible fat things:snork:
    same one European cranefly or daddy longlegs , your#s are having a good feed if orrible fat things:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Alastair

Re-cover cheap green polytunnel with polythene? Good idea?

Thanks Steve :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. WillieBee

Construction a Polytunnel

So site it as if it's going to be your first tunnel, planning ahead for another at some stage. In this thread I've shown how demountable low level + high level fixed staging can be installed to...
    So site it as if it's going to be your first tunnel, planning ahead for another at some stage. In this thread I've shown how demountable low level + high level fixed staging can be installed to maximise use of space
    So site it as if it's going to be your first tunnel, planning ahead for another at some stage. In this thread I've shown how demountable low level + high level fixed staging can be installed to maximise use of space
    So site it as if it's going to be your first tunnel, planning ahead for another at some stage. In this thread I've shown how demountable low level + high level fixed staging can be installed to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jangles

Tooo Hot !!

Lol no not really I was trying to tie some toms up other day and had to come out as my arms was dripping I was sweeting that much :eeew:
    Lol no not really I was trying to tie some toms up other day and had to come out as my arms was dripping I was sweeting that much :eeew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. warbs777

Mushrooms

Hello and welcome to Gardeners Corner. Any chance of closer pics? Its impossible to see any detail at that scale. With mushrooms though, I'd say assume they are very poisonous unless you can...
    Hello and welcome to Gardeners Corner. Any chance of closer pics? Its impossible to see any detail at that scale. With mushrooms though, I'd say assume they are very poisonous unless you can confirm otherwise with 100% certainty.
    Hello and welcome to Gardeners Corner. Any chance of closer pics? Its impossible to see any detail at that scale. With mushrooms though, I'd say assume they are very poisonous unless you can confirm otherwise with 100% certainty.
    Hello and welcome to Gardeners Corner. Any chance of closer pics? Its impossible to see any detail at that scale. With mushrooms though, I'd say assume they are very poisonous unless you can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. alex-adam

Poly-tunnel guttering / water harvesting

Hi Steve, yes I was hoping find a system of guttering to fit at about 4-5ft up the tunnel wall to direct water into a butt - We did try a commercially available stick-on type, but apart from it...
    Hi Steve, yes I was hoping find a system of guttering to fit at about 4-5ft up the tunnel wall to direct water into a butt - We did try a commercially available stick-on type, but apart from it being difficult to fit well, the 'trough' is only about a quarter inch across so overflows or chokes...
    Hi Steve, yes I was hoping find a system of guttering to fit at about 4-5ft up the tunnel wall to direct water into a butt - We did try a commercially available stick-on type, but apart from it being difficult to fit well, the 'trough' is only...
    Hi Steve, yes I was hoping find a system of guttering to fit at about 4-5ft up the tunnel wall to direct water into a butt - We did try a commercially available stick-on type, but apart from it...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice