Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII
    Like x 6

MEMBERS ROSES - 2021

Tequila sunrise Scented memory
    upload_2021-1-1_10-43-22.png upload_2021-1-1_10-44-13.png P1030095.JPG IMG_20210603_105152440.jpg IMG_20210601_104620102_HDR.jpg IMG_20210603_105110217_HDR.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Good afternoon @Oakapple my friend I do apologise but my knowledge of Carnations/Pinks is very limited all I can advise you to post any questions you have in the "General Gardening" Forum and some...
    Good afternoon @Oakapple my friend I do apologise but my knowledge of Carnations/Pinks is very limited all I can advise you to post any questions you have in the "General Gardening" Forum and some of our more knowledgeable friends(Members) will provide the answer for you I am sureIf you put...
    Good afternoon @Oakapple my friend I do apologise but my knowledge of Carnations/Pinks is very limited all I can advise you to post any questions you have in the "General Gardening" Forum and some of our more knowledgeable friends(Members) will...
    Good afternoon @Oakapple my friend I do apologise but my knowledge of Carnations/Pinks is very limited all I can advise you to post any questions you have in the "General Gardening" Forum and some...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Friendly x 3

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects have no effect on your Rose they can be wiped off by hand or or dislodged with a jet of water from...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects have no effect on your Rose they can be wiped off by...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects...
    18cc0b5799bb2ccd75941b9f866888b0--trimming-roses-trim-roses.jpg 789-Rose-Pruning-Diagram.jpg Capture.JPG 74b6f1e8-5b17-11e5-91ef-1b38574a319f-316x316.jpg Sulphur.JPG cuckoo Spit.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sandy Ground

Black Spot thoughts

Sounds lovely Sandy Ground, the scent of roses is so evocative of a Summer’s day, and I am an inveterate rose sniffer whenever I come across them.
    Sounds lovely Sandy Ground, the scent of roses is so evocative of a Summer’s day, and I am an inveterate rose sniffer whenever I come across them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Rose ID Thread

Hello Ash0x.Amandii directs you to the forum rosarian. Wiseowl. I hold Wiseowl in very high esteem, being as I also am considered to be a rosarian.It is so nice that you have these photos,...
    Hello Ash0x.Amandii directs you to the forum rosarian. Wiseowl. I hold Wiseowl in very high esteem, being as I also am considered to be a rosarian.It is so nice that you have these photos, and I well undertand your desire to identify each one. May I please offer a little advice on...
    Hello Ash0x.Amandii directs you to the forum rosarian. Wiseowl. I hold Wiseowl in very high esteem, being as I also am considered to be a rosarian.It is so nice that you have these photos, and I well undertand your desire to identify each...
    Hello Ash0x.Amandii directs you to the forum rosarian. Wiseowl. I hold Wiseowl in very high esteem, being as I also am considered to be a rosarian.It is so nice that you have these photos,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl
    Like x 8

RHS ROSE OF THE YEAR 2021

I recently learned this from my friend. David Austin, the world famous rose grower/breeder. Used to get all his staff out into the fieds at christmastime. They had to pick off all the leaves...
    I recently learned this from my friend. David Austin, the world famous rose grower/breeder. Used to get all his staff out into the fieds at christmastime. They had to pick off all the leaves from ALL the roses. This accounts for the fact. DA roses always look so fresh and healthy.
    I recently learned this from my friend. David Austin, the world famous rose grower/breeder. Used to get all his staff out into the fieds at christmastime. They had to pick off all the leaves from ALL the roses. This accounts for the fact. DA...
    I recently learned this from my friend. David Austin, the world famous rose grower/breeder. Used to get all his staff out into the fieds at christmastime. They had to pick off all the leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mike Allen

The Rose Society UK

I agree about the gardens and historic houses. My problem now is. I am getting out and about less and less.
    I agree about the gardens and historic houses. My problem now is. I am getting out and about less and less.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. deirdre Kehoe

How to create a continuous effect with multiple shrub roses

Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge....
    Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge. Plant the roses closer together than normal to form a continuous, dense line, overlapping them by half...
    Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge. Plant the roses closer together than normal to form...
    Good morning @deirdre Kehoe my friend my apologies for missing your postI would plant at least 5-10 roses of the same variety, in a single line, to create the effect of one continuous hedge....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gilly31
    Like x 3

Mary Rose Update

Good afternoon @Gilly31 my friend your Roses look just splendid and a credit to you just carry on caring for them like you have been
    Good afternoon @Gilly31 my friend your Roses look just splendid and a credit to you just carry on caring for them like you have been
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. barryman

Rose growing advice required

I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them...
    I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them back over each winter time they grow to 4-5 ft tall by the summer and the roses they produce are...
    I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them back over each winter time they grow to 4-5 ft tall...
    I've got 5 or 6 rose bushes that are firmly established in my garden. They flower OK every year but my problem is that the flowers only ever appear right at the top of the plant. Having cut them...
    BM-.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Liz7

Identification of orange climbing rose

Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might...
    Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might give us a better idea,enjoy the rest of your dayps Off the top of my head the only climbing Rose...
    Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might give us a better idea,enjoy the rest of your dayps...
    Good afternoon @Liz7 my friend please leave it with me and I shall see what more I can discover Can I respectfully suggest that maybe you could get in touch with the supplier/shop which might...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. CrystalT

David Austin Chris Climbing Rose - help please

Ambitious - yes! I so want to do it the right way this time Thanks again, perfectly explained to me .
    Ambitious - yes! I so want to do it the right way this time Thanks again, perfectly explained to me .
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wiseowl
    Like x 4

New Roses

I don't think I've ever owned a hybrid tea rose, they have all been floribunda's with the exception of a couple of standards. What colours are you thinking of Woo for your two/three?
    I don't think I've ever owned a hybrid tea rose, they have all been floribunda's with the exception of a couple of standards. What colours are you thinking of Woo for your two/three?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shubela

What is happening to my English Miss rose?

Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for...
    Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for many years to come and if you need anymore advice please just ask and in a way we are all beginners...
    Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for many years to come and if you need anymore advice ...
    Good morning @Shubela my dear friend my apologies no worries I couldn't be sure if it was a sucker or not with out seeing the bud union, I am sure your Roses will be OK and will reward you for...
    161A8348-90A5-44E0-8537-DAB37DAAA0DE.jpeg DE6E2EC6-2429-4E75-B838-4F25D4A26AF8.jpeg 63787.jpg rose-sucker-sue-curry.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Lindsey244

Is this a sucker?

Now that's what I like to hear, an ambitious gardener with high standards! :dbgrtmb::biggrin:Nick
    Now that's what I like to hear, an ambitious gardener with high standards! :dbgrtmb::biggrin:Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Fat Controller

Planting/positioning advice please

I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom,...
    I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom, and would you look at that colour! Gorgeous!It is currently sat atop the table as I am...
    I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom, and would you look at that colour! Gorgeous!...
    I forgot to update this, sorry. I went for a square planter for now so as not to overwhelm the rose, and then I can move it on when it gets bigger. The rose has rewarded me with a first bloom,...
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-26 at 15.10.35.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Black Dog

Looking for orange/yellow climbing roses

Good morning @Black Dog my friend yes I'm not taking anything away from "Golden Showers" but it does tend not to hold it colour very well due to one of its parents (Captain...
    Good morning @Black Dog my friend yes I'm not taking anything away from "Golden Showers" but it does tend not to hold it colour very well due to one of its parents (Captain Thomas)Parentage Charlotte Armstrong × Captain Thomas (Large Flowered Climber, Thomas, 1935)
    Good morning @Black Dog my friend yes I'm not taking anything away from "Golden Showers" but it does tend not to hold it colour very well due to one of its parents (Captain Thomas)Parentage Charlotte Armstrong × Captain Thomas (Large Flowered...
    Good morning @Black Dog my friend yes I'm not taking anything away from "Golden Showers" but it does tend not to hold it colour very well due to one of its parents (Captain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. weas3l

Patio Rose problems

Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an...
    Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an honour to have known him
    Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an honour to have known him
    Good morning @Oakapple my friend and thank you that is very kind and friendly of you to say that and its very much appreciated Yes ARMANDII loved his Roses and indeed was a lovely man it was an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Radcliffe81

Names of Roses - please help

My name is Mary and my son bought me a rose called The Mary Rose :spinning: pink and lovely!
    My name is Mary and my son bought me a rose called The Mary Rose :spinning: pink and lovely!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. fumanchu

Help with Roses please?

Awesome, many thanks!
    Awesome, many thanks!
    Awesome, many thanks!
    Awesome, many thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. DebraB

Can rose suckers grow halfway up the plant?

Well I think I have learnt something as well, I didn't actually know they double graft roses.I have come across it in apple trees.
    Well I think I have learnt something as well, I didn't actually know they double graft roses.I have come across it in apple trees.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Gilly31

Rose Suckers Advice

Good morning @Gilly31 patience my friend and your Roses will reward you;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. DevonPhil

To prune or not to prune

Good afternoon @DevonPhil no worries if you need anymore advice my friend at any time just ask,enjoy the rest of your day
    Good afternoon @DevonPhil no worries if you need anymore advice my friend at any time just ask,enjoy the rest of your day
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. torlaw

New to looking after roses - climbing iceberg rose question

Good morning @torlaw my friend you are most welcome and if there are any other questions you have just ask
    Good morning @torlaw my friend you are most welcome and if there are any other questions you have just ask
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. stumorphmac

Unknown rose

having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not...
    having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not impressed with it at present
    having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not impressed with it at present
    having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not...
    28A5E1A5-8EE9-4989-86C9-3A1AA20DDCAA.jpeg FBE9592B-7B48-459C-BBF6-CF7D87AD5C31.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. fred88

Pest or Disease?

Good evening @Yana my friend no worries if you any more question at anytime just ask ,enjoy your eveningHere is a link to a thread that might help you my friendROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc
    Good evening @Yana my friend no worries if you any more question at anytime just ask ,enjoy your eveningHere is a link to a thread that might help you my friendROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Selleri

Iceberg climbing over obelisk- training help please

I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom...
    I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom as our office is quite big and the guys receive(d) dozens of parcels every day.Judging by the...
    I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom as our office is quite big and the guys...
    I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice