1. Photo Competition
    MAY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Made it through the winter" so get your best falsetto voices ready and show us what has been Stayin' Alive

Please Click Here!

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK

Member's Roses 2022

Our first rose- always blooms in April. A climber that @wiseowl thought it might be Dublin Bay Jenny namaste
    Our first rose- always blooms in April. A climber that @wiseowl thought it might be Dublin Bay Jenny namaste
    20220412_212549.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Like x 10

The History Of The Peace Rose

Good morning @Jasmine star my friend you are most welcome I am sure your beautiful Rose will reward you for many years to come
    Good morning @Jasmine star my friend you are most welcome I am sure your beautiful Rose will reward you for many years to come
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

The Seven Groups Of Roses

thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my...
    thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my climbers are a group in themselves and that a few other groups exist. Very new to roses so just having a...
    thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my climbers are a group in themselves and that a few other...
    thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Friendly x 3

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects have no effect on your Rose they can be wiped off by hand or or dislodged with a jet of water from...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects have no effect on your Rose they can be wiped off by...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects...
    18cc0b5799bb2ccd75941b9f866888b0--trimming-roses-trim-roses.jpg 789-Rose-Pruning-Diagram.jpg Capture.JPG 74b6f1e8-5b17-11e5-91ef-1b38574a319f-316x316.jpg Sulphur.JPG cuckoo Spit.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sandy Ground

Black Spot thoughts

Sounds lovely Sandy Ground, the scent of roses is so evocative of a Summer’s day, and I am an inveterate rose sniffer whenever I come across them.
    Sounds lovely Sandy Ground, the scent of roses is so evocative of a Summer’s day, and I am an inveterate rose sniffer whenever I come across them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl
    Useful x 5

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8.   » Normal Threads
  9. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. fumanchu

David Austin roses

The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the...
    The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the Highlands. If you buy them bare root later in the year they will be cheaper.As long as the wind isn't...
    The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the Highlands. If you buy them bare root later in the year...
    The roses I have bought from Cant's have always been healthy and well packaged. The only drawback, as with most nurseries, is the extra cost of delivering here to Scotland, especially the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. torlaw

Should I trim back my climbing rose now?

Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower...
    Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower all along the stems. The plant looks a bit young to be needing much pruning but it's never too soon...
    Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower all along the stems. The plant looks a bit young to...
    Definitely get some sturdy but unobtrusive wire in place over the door, fixed to rawl-plugged screws or hooks. When you tie in the rose stems, arching them over to the horizontal, they'll flower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Curlylocks

Have I just been nurturing a runner?!

Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the...
    Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the flowering season. I had one amongst the roses in my last garden....It's the only rose I've had that...
    Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the flowering season. I had one amongst the roses in my last...
    Welcome Curlylocks. :)Lucky! (the exclamation mark is part of it's name) is a floribunda rose shrub which should have dense foliage and a mass of perfumed, lilac pink blooms throughout the...
    6644286F-A994-4169-8146-649C05C4AA69.jpeg C41B4F5C-CBDD-4BF3-8C94-4D9C801FED77.jpeg Rose 'Lucky!' (1).JPG Rose 'Lucky!' (3).JPG 041 Pruning roses.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clanless

Bush rose recommendations

Bit of a panic there :frown: - the ends of a couple of the rose stems were turning grey - I cut them off.Pleased to say that it's now starting to sprout - you never know might get some blooms this year :blue thumb:.
    Bit of a panic there :frown: - the ends of a couple of the rose stems were turning grey - I cut them off.Pleased to say that it's now starting to sprout - you never know might get some blooms this year :blue thumb:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Black Dog

"Warm Welcome" - Experiences?

Aaaaand the shop cancelled my "Warm Welcome"... Now there is only a single online shop left in Germany that carries them. Put my order in just now. Import from UK is also not an option because...
    Aaaaand the shop cancelled my "Warm Welcome"... Now there is only a single online shop left in Germany that carries them. Put my order in just now. Import from UK is also not an option because of Brexit related waiting times at customs. Dont want my rose to sit in some Storage pile for weeks...
    Aaaaand the shop cancelled my "Warm Welcome"... Now there is only a single online shop left in Germany that carries them. Put my order in just now. Import from UK is also not an option because of Brexit related waiting times at customs. Dont...
    Aaaaand the shop cancelled my "Warm Welcome"... Now there is only a single online shop left in Germany that carries them. Put my order in just now. Import from UK is also not an option because...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Alfiesmum

Rose Golden showers

Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest...
    Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest difference
    Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest difference
    Decided to go for a 'Golden Gate' instead, but this thread was really helpful to make a decisionI dont expect them to be that different, so the availability from where i live made the biggest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Glynne Williams

Pruning old roses

Thanks, Linclas for your contribution and photograph! OK the sprouting buds are perhaps not on brown shoot but are on OLD shoots! Sure similar has happened to me (and others) in the past, so...
    Thanks, Linclas for your contribution and photograph! OK the sprouting buds are perhaps not on brown shoot but are on OLD shoots! Sure similar has happened to me (and others) in the past, so thanks! If it has happened, I've never noticed it, so it'll be interesting if it does sprout on a...
    Thanks, Linclas for your contribution and photograph! OK the sprouting buds are perhaps not on brown shoot but are on OLD shoots! Sure similar has happened to me (and others) in the past, so thanks! If it has happened, I've never noticed it, so...
    Thanks, Linclas for your contribution and photograph! OK the sprouting buds are perhaps not on brown shoot but are on OLD shoots! Sure similar has happened to me (and others) in the past, so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Spruce

Rose Scent from Heaven

and a another to shop around with to get the cheapest price and 5 year guarantee...I have found :bareroot 1 x plant £8.99 4ltr pot x1 £27.99
    and a another to shop around with to get the cheapest price and 5 year guarantee...I have found :bareroot 1 x plant £8.99 4ltr pot x1 £27.99
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. groundbeetle

"Nodding" Roses.

I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special...
    I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special Anniversary' (Whastiluc), but the beautiful large pink flowers and rich fragrance made the nodding seem like...
    I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special Anniversary' (Whastiluc), but the beautiful large pink...
    I have always thought it was simply due to overzealous breeders trying to produce the most impressively large blooms. The only rose I've grown where this was really a problem was 'Special...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jasmine star

Rose question.

Good afternoon @Jasmine star no worries my friend you are most welcome I shall be speaking to Joe and will convey your thanks to him
    Good afternoon @Jasmine star no worries my friend you are most welcome I shall be speaking to Joe and will convey your thanks to him
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. CostasK

Problem around crown

Thank you very much Nigel. I hope you are right as I love this rose & it seems to be doing alright, excluding this issue. Good idea, I will email them and ask for advice.
    Thank you very much Nigel. I hope you are right as I love this rose & it seems to be doing alright, excluding this issue. Good idea, I will email them and ask for advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Shyamalie Satkunanandan

Should I cut back my roses (that have started budding) now or later

Time to plant those citrus trees :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. groundbeetle

Has anyone ever bought Poundland roses?

@groundbeetle I agree some roses are prone to diseases. I've found it tends to be the older generation of roses as later ones are grown to be more resistant. I had an assortment of roses in my...
    @groundbeetle I agree some roses are prone to diseases. I've found it tends to be the older generation of roses as later ones are grown to be more resistant. I had an assortment of roses in my last garden and the only one that seemed to suffer from black spot (late in the flowering season) was...
    @groundbeetle I agree some roses are prone to diseases. I've found it tends to be the older generation of roses as later ones are grown to be more resistant. I had an assortment of roses in my last garden and the only one that seemed to suffer...
    @groundbeetle I agree some roses are prone to diseases. I've found it tends to be the older generation of roses as later ones are grown to be more resistant. I had an assortment of roses in my...
    DSC02379.JPG DSC02380.JPG Rose 'Rob Roy' (1).JPG Rose 'Rob Roy' (2).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Finston Pickle

Fryers rose "Lucky"

For pruning it all depends on where you live. We prune in March or April depending on the weather. Here's a video I have made a thread about this guy, it's called Fraser valley rose farm
    For pruning it all depends on where you live. We prune in March or April depending on the weather. Here's a video I have made a thread about this guy, it's called Fraser valley rose farm
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Finston Pickle

To prune or not to prune - that is the question

Good afternoon @Finston Pickle please keep us updated with your observations and findings my friend It would be really appreciated,thank you
    Good afternoon @Finston Pickle please keep us updated with your observations and findings my friend It would be really appreciated,thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Paul Wareing

Blue Roses - I once produced a true blue Rose colour by putting food dye in the roots of a rose.

As with blue colour dyed orchids they will revert to their natural colour (white) unless repeated again.
    As with blue colour dyed orchids they will revert to their natural colour (white) unless repeated again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. newbiemud

Old Climber Renovation

You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub [email protected] has spent most...
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub [email protected] has spent most of his life working with roses and is GC's resident rosarian so you can trust his judgement. :)
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub [email protected] has spent most of his life working with roses and is GC's resident...
    You're welcome newbiemud. :) Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about Wisteria and not as much as I'd like about climbing and rambling roses, I've always grown shrub [email protected] has spent most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Peter Piper

Different blooms on roses.

Following your reply's. I do think that I have sucker on this rose. I have cut it off as low as I can.
    Following your reply's. I do think that I have sucker on this rose. I have cut it off as low as I can.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Plantpot

Rose feed

Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing...
    Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing rose , tying them down continuously will slow the plant down. Morning is the best time to be tying /...
    Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing rose , tying them down continuously will slow the...
    Let them grow past the wires ( 2ft at least ) then bring them down to be tied in, I assume you are tying them to horizontal wires . Doing it this way will speed up the frame work of a climbing...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice