Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII

MEMBERS ROSES - 2020

A few of my roses - better than ever this year :) Cardinal de Richelieu Aloha Buff Beauty Birthday Girl Alberic Barbier Cecile Brunner
    A few of my roses - better than ever this year :) Cardinal de Richelieu Aloha Buff Beauty Birthday Girl Alberic Barbier Cecile Brunner
    upload_2020-1-19_17-12-37.jpeg upload_2020-1-19_17-13-5.jpeg P1080556.jpg P1080556.jpg IMG_20200420_153053.jpg IMG_20200420_153059.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Rose ID Thread

Good Morning @2nd_bassoon my friend just a little more informationBred by Samuel Darragh McGredy IV (1959). Introduced in Ireland by Samuel McGredy and Son,Nurserymen(Ireland)in 1965 as 'Arthur...
    Good Morning @2nd_bassoon my friend just a little more informationBred by Samuel Darragh McGredy IV (1959). Introduced in Ireland by Samuel McGredy and Son,Nurserymen(Ireland)in 1965 as 'Arthur Bell'. Introduced in New Zealand by Avenue Roses/Avenue Nurseries (Levin) Ltd. in 1966 as 'Arthur...
    Good Morning @2nd_bassoon my friend just a little more informationBred by Samuel Darragh McGredy IV (1959). Introduced in Ireland by Samuel McGredy and Son,Nurserymen(Ireland)in 1965 as 'Arthur Bell'. Introduced in New Zealand by Avenue...
    Good Morning @2nd_bassoon my friend just a little more informationBred by Samuel Darragh McGredy IV (1959). Introduced in Ireland by Samuel McGredy and Son,Nurserymen(Ireland)in 1965 as 'Arthur...
    IMG_20180626_193347.jpg IMG_2904.JPG IMG_2906.JPG IMG_2905.JPG IMG_20180917_105448.jpg WP_20180709_11_25_44_Pro.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Mike Allen

The Rose Society UK

I agree about the gardens and historic houses. My problem now is. I am getting out and about less and less.
    I agree about the gardens and historic houses. My problem now is. I am getting out and about less and less.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Christian Named Roses 2020

It sounds like a wonderful rose....My MiL loved roses, and loved the summertime. She passed away last autumn. I’m seriously thinking of trying to track this down as a tribute plant to her.
    It sounds like a wonderful rose....My MiL loved roses, and loved the summertime. She passed away last autumn. I’m seriously thinking of trying to track this down as a tribute plant to her.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Like x 8

Rose Of The Year 2020

It looks like the romantic shape of rose, woo, that you would give to your Wife in a bouquet. I'd like to see it in real life to smell the scent and see it in true light.........a very nice rose.:love30::thumbsup:
    It looks like the romantic shape of rose, woo, that you would give to your Wife in a bouquet. I'd like to see it in real life to smell the scent and see it in true light.........a very nice rose.:love30::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sandy Ground

Black Spot thoughts

By all means @Mike Allen I will welcome any and all input.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Friendly x 3

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that the cause is a combination of soil imbalance caused by the removal of trace elements from the soil...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that the cause is a combination of soil imbalance...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. barryman

Do I thin these out ???

Thanks for advice. I will leave them be!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. fred88

Poorly Rose In Container - Vine Weevil

I've found any presence of vine weevil = root damage. I've never seen that many adults in one place, in fact it does sound extreme......pictures, we need pictures
    I've found any presence of vine weevil = root damage. I've never seen that many adults in one place, in fact it does sound extreme......pictures, we need pictures
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scotty2088

Rose identification

Well done WOO.
    Well done WOO.
    Well done WOO.
    Well done WOO.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gwen austin

Bonsai rose

hi guys, I started from seed last year a bonsai rose. In its second year it's put on a lot of growth. Which year should I be moving it from the greenhouse to it's spot in the garden?
    hi guys, I started from seed last year a bonsai rose. In its second year it's put on a lot of growth. Which year should I be moving it from the greenhouse to it's spot in the garden?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sharon j

Is this salvageable?

'Amazing what can be done with a little help from the Lord' the minister said. The gardener said ' hmm not so good when he had it all to himself'
    'Amazing what can be done with a little help from the Lord' the minister said. The gardener said ' hmm not so good when he had it all to himself'
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kennyhicks

How do i make my rose taller and less bushy

Good afternoon @Kennyhicks well there are to my knowledge 4 different strains of "Canary Rose" your form the photo provided looks to me as the medium shrub type used in many cases for creating a...
    Good afternoon @Kennyhicks well there are to my knowledge 4 different strains of "Canary Rose" your form the photo provided looks to me as the medium shrub type used in many cases for creating a hedge,I respectfully suggest that if you want a climbing rose just let it grow,and then when you...
    Good afternoon @Kennyhicks well there are to my knowledge 4 different strains of "Canary Rose" your form the photo provided looks to me as the medium shrub type used in many cases for creating a hedge,I respectfully suggest that if you want a...
    Good afternoon @Kennyhicks well there are to my knowledge 4 different strains of "Canary Rose" your form the photo provided looks to me as the medium shrub type used in many cases for creating a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scotty2088

Newly Planted Rose help.

As Ricky says........that's the key, Scotty, "if it settles in". The Rose has only been in the ground for a month and so needs to put roots down so, sorry to disappoint you:dunno:, it could be next...
    As Ricky says........that's the key, Scotty, "if it settles in". The Rose has only been in the ground for a month and so needs to put roots down so, sorry to disappoint you:dunno:, it could be next year before it decides to put any real new growth on as regards stems. Let the Rose do it's thing,...
    As Ricky says........that's the key, Scotty, "if it settles in". The Rose has only been in the ground for a month and so needs to put roots down so, sorry to disappoint you:dunno:, it could be next year before it decides to put any real new growth...
    As Ricky says........that's the key, Scotty, "if it settles in". The Rose has only been in the ground for a month and so needs to put roots down so, sorry to disappoint you:dunno:, it could be next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Upsydaisy
    Like x 3

Rose cuttings

Agreed x2 :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PhilC

Attempted to take a rose cutting...is this totally wrong?

I'll be there in Spirit, Cuttings, i.e. a glass or three of Balvenie while toasting your good health and that of the rest of the GC Gang.:love30::thumbsup::heehee:
    I'll be there in Spirit, Cuttings, i.e. a glass or three of Balvenie while toasting your good health and that of the rest of the GC Gang.:love30::thumbsup::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jo Karlsson

Roses under oak tree!

Yes, the tree roots will grow down or across so your roses are in a good position being higher.
    Yes, the tree roots will grow down or across so your roses are in a good position being higher.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. mazambo

I've just found a rose

I dug the rose up but didn't get much tap root because it was growing flush to a tree stump so I wasn't very hopeful but it's survived so hopefully we'll see what it is this year.
    I dug the rose up but didn't get much tap root because it was growing flush to a tree stump so I wasn't very hopeful but it's survived so hopefully we'll see what it is this year.
    20190717_195141.jpg 20190717_195126.jpg 20200314_125816.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. NessaJ70

Rose for covering pergola

I bought one for the same purpose @NessaJ70 (still to build the pergola though) "teasing georgia"
    I bought one for the same purpose @NessaJ70 (still to build the pergola though) "teasing georgia"
    Screenshot_20200312-072856_Chrome.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Scotty2088

Rose Repotting

So sorry to read of your recent loss :sad:. The memorial Rose for Rupert is a truly lovely idea. I hope you find one better suited to your needs soon.
    So sorry to read of your recent loss :sad:. The memorial Rose for Rupert is a truly lovely idea. I hope you find one better suited to your needs soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Scotty2088

Rose pruning

With a shrub rose you want to prune it back, to form a goblet shape, if you take your hand, and imagine you are holding a large orange, point the fingers straight up, this is the shape you want,...
    With a shrub rose you want to prune it back, to form a goblet shape, if you take your hand, and imagine you are holding a large orange, point the fingers straight up, this is the shape you want, for optimal light penertration, personally, I only remove discoloured leaves, and prune back to a...
    With a shrub rose you want to prune it back, to form a goblet shape, if you take your hand, and imagine you are holding a large orange, point the fingers straight up, this is the shape you want, for optimal light penertration, personally, I only...
    With a shrub rose you want to prune it back, to form a goblet shape, if you take your hand, and imagine you are holding a large orange, point the fingers straight up, this is the shape you want,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. miraflores

Favorite rose from list...

Hi All, could you please let me know which is your favourite rose from list number one and list number two? It is for a location 800mt above sea and quite humid, cold winters and warm summers...
    Hi All, could you please let me know which is your favourite rose from list number one and list number two? It is for a location 800mt above sea and quite humid, cold winters and warm summers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Fat Controller

Looking for a named rose

Hello and thank you for your time searching.. I saw this site, too but was also wary of it. In addition, there was a charge on top of £19 delivery. Total £33. I’ll keep searching and phoning...
    Hello and thank you for your time searching.. I saw this site, too but was also wary of it. In addition, there was a charge on top of £19 delivery. Total £33. I’ll keep searching and phoning established centres. Veronica
    Hello and thank you for your time searching.. I saw this site, too but was also wary of it. In addition, there was a charge on top of £19 delivery. Total £33. I’ll keep searching and phoning established centres. Veronica
    Hello and thank you for your time searching.. I saw this site, too but was also wary of it. In addition, there was a charge on top of £19 delivery. Total £33. I’ll keep searching and phoning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. luciusmaximus

Potted Rose advice please

Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature...
    Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature ones. I would never feed or prune this time of year as I gather both would induce vulnerable soft...
    Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature ones. I would never feed or prune this time of year...
    Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Mike Allen

Just ordered three new roses.

We had Comte de Chambord, and it was a lovely rose, that unfortunately we had to leave behind on one of our moves...
    We had Comte de Chambord, and it was a lovely rose, that unfortunately we had to leave behind on one of our moves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Steve H

November pruning

Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and...
    Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and leave the rest till early spring.
    Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and leave the rest till early spring.
    Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Notrub

Rose bushes and glyphosphate

Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and marestail. To what areas, quantaties are we talking about. Please be fair. The original post could have...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and marestail. To what areas, quantaties are we talking...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice