1. THE MAY PHOTO COMP IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS COME AND JOIN IN..
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Members Roses 2019

Good afternoon @lolimac my dear friend yes I met him a few times and he was a lovely man and we shared a love of Roses your Rose does him justice;)Shrub. English Rose Collection. Pink. Strong...
    Good afternoon @lolimac my dear friend yes I met him a few times and he was a lovely man and we shared a love of Roses your Rose does him justice;)Shrub. English Rose Collection. Pink. Strong fragrance. 41 to 108 petals. Average diameter 2.5". Medium to large, full (26-40 petals),...
    Good afternoon @lolimac my dear friend yes I met him a few times and he was a lovely man and we shared a love of Roses your Rose does him justice;)Shrub. English Rose Collection. Pink. Strong fragrance. 41 to 108 petals. Average diameter...
    Good afternoon @lolimac my dear friend yes I met him a few times and he was a lovely man and we shared a love of Roses your Rose does him justice;)Shrub. English Rose Collection. Pink. Strong...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When...
    GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When the larvae hatch and begin feeding, a chemical reaction causes the mossy looking galls to form.
    GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When the larvae hatch and begin feeding, a chemical...
    GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When...
    18cc0b5799bb2ccd75941b9f866888b0--trimming-roses-trim-roses.jpg 789-Rose-Pruning-Diagram.jpg Capture.JPG 74b6f1e8-5b17-11e5-91ef-1b38574a319f-316x316.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Rose ID Thread

I agree, dorothy Perkins. Such a cheerful rose; I’ve got several including in the hedge.
    I agree, dorothy Perkins. Such a cheerful rose; I’ve got several including in the hedge.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. lowrider69

Roses Black Spot & Greenfly Advice

my dilemma is i have to keep washing the roses to keep the greenfly off so have to wash from the top and I cant get all the infected leaves off as I cant reach them the climbing roses has gone...
    my dilemma is i have to keep washing the roses to keep the greenfly off so have to wash from the top and I cant get all the infected leaves off as I cant reach them the climbing roses has gone over my shed, I cant stretch that far hence the need for a chemical.I do remove all the leaves on the...
    my dilemma is i have to keep washing the roses to keep the greenfly off so have to wash from the top and I cant get all the infected leaves off as I cant reach them the climbing roses has gone over my shed, I cant stretch that far hence the need...
    my dilemma is i have to keep washing the roses to keep the greenfly off so have to wash from the top and I cant get all the infected leaves off as I cant reach them the climbing roses has gone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jenny namaste
    Like x 4

ONLY A ROSE 2019

This climber is always stunning in May
    P1080240.jpg P1080252.jpg P1080254.jpg P1080240.jpg P1080259.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. tangham

Rose Dieback.

Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules are meant to guide you not bind you";) enjoy your day
    Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules are meant to guide you not bind you";) enjoy your day
    Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jack Sparrow

Rose in pot

Thanks @Mike Allen , maybe I should still see what area I can move it too. I have been over and over my garden area, but there has got to be a place. will walk about again tomorrow. thanks.
    Thanks @Mike Allen , maybe I should still see what area I can move it too. I have been over and over my garden area, but there has got to be a place. will walk about again tomorrow. thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mike Allen

Attempting to compile a databse.

Think I've cracked it ...Image above hot linked to this urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1Original...
    Think I've cracked it ...Image above hot linked to this urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1Original urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1&w=70&h=70&crop=1It's the url for the 'small image' beneath the...
    Think I've cracked it ...Image above hot linked to this urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1Original...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mike Allen

Searching for Rosa Valerie

Wish you well Mike and comfort :) Enjoy your roses:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mike Allen

The RNRS.

That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good...
    That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good condition so it's easier for people to use plants that need very little looking after.
    That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good condition so it's easier for people to use plants that...
    That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MAJ

Pruning dog roses/ramblers

Thanks @wiseowl
    Thanks @wiseowl
    Thanks @wiseowl
    Thanks @wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Wobblycogs
    Friendly x 4

Just got back after illness.

Thank you Vicky thank you Verdun I will certainly do my best not to fall flat on my face.. just had my son's dog with me for a few days. Lovely dog but a bit exuberant for this old codger lol!
    Thank you Vicky thank you Verdun I will certainly do my best not to fall flat on my face.. just had my son's dog with me for a few days. Lovely dog but a bit exuberant for this old codger lol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SteveR

Burying Roses

I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the...
    I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the roots break there will be enough for the rose/s to recover. It's a little late to move them now and...
    I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the roots break there will be enough for the rose/s to...
    I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jezzwhizz

Kiftsgate Roses

Good morning @jezzwhizz my friend there are several different strains and it all depends on the location,soil,ect and and the scent and colour of the blooms are also determined by these factors.I...
    Good morning @jezzwhizz my friend there are several different strains and it all depends on the location,soil,ect and and the scent and colour of the blooms are also determined by these factors.I hope this has been a help to your questionKiftsgateSpecies / Wild. White, yellow stamens. ...
    Good morning @jezzwhizz my friend there are several different strains and it all depends on the location,soil,ect and and the scent and colour of the blooms are also determined by these factors.I hope this has been a help to your...
    Good morning @jezzwhizz my friend there are several different strains and it all depends on the location,soil,ect and and the scent and colour of the blooms are also determined by these factors.I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Selleri

Climbing roses- Iceberg or Starlight symphony?

Yes, thanks a very helpful site, actually not that far away, though a shame they are not fully open to the public.This Cirrhosa Freckles winter flowering one has caught our eyes, though many...
    Yes, thanks a very helpful site, actually not that far away, though a shame they are not fully open to the public.This Cirrhosa Freckles winter flowering one has caught our eyes, though many others to check out.
    Yes, thanks a very helpful site, actually not that far away, though a shame they are not fully open to the public.This Cirrhosa Freckles winter flowering one has caught our eyes, though many others to check out.
    Yes, thanks a very helpful site, actually not that far away, though a shame they are not fully open to the public.This Cirrhosa Freckles winter flowering one has caught our eyes, though many...
    001527.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ricky101

RadioTimes /You Garden Shrub Rose offer

Good luck @ricky101 , I hope you get a brilliant show and healthy plants. :)Poundland has bare root roses just now, the varieties are "red, pink, white and yellow. " :biggrin: Some are shrubs, some...
    Good luck @ricky101 , I hope you get a brilliant show and healthy plants. :)Poundland has bare root roses just now, the varieties are "red, pink, white and yellow. " :biggrin: Some are shrubs, some climbing, and there is no indication on size- however all claim to flower all summer. Interesting.... might...
    Good luck @ricky101 , I hope you get a brilliant show and healthy plants. :)Poundland has bare root roses just now, the varieties are "red, pink, white and yellow. " :biggrin: Some are shrubs, some climbing, and there is no indication on size- however all...
    Good luck @ricky101 , I hope you get a brilliant show and healthy plants. :)Poundland has bare root roses just now, the varieties are "red, pink, white and yellow. " :biggrin: Some are shrubs, some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jimb0b

Suggestions please

There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the...
    There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the scent back the bottle, Oops! Rose. So checking back over some of the older roses may help. Of...
    There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the scent back the bottle, Oops! Rose. So checking...
    There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Marley Farley
    Like x 7

The Fairy..!

I'm not a lover of pink roses but your rose looks like a stunner Marley. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Found this by accident.

Yes, the very man. He wrote several books on roses. When he passed away the RHS reported it in the Garden journal. I submitted a piece that was also printed.
    Yes, the very man. He wrote several books on roses. When he passed away the RHS reported it in the Garden journal. I submitted a piece that was also printed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. luciusmaximus

B & M Roses

:ThankYou: Mr Woo. It's planted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Mike Allen

The Rose Society UK

It's sad. Although we don't grow roses in our garden I used to enjoy visiting the Society's garden.
    It's sad. Although we don't grow roses in our garden I used to enjoy visiting the Society's garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. lowrider69

Rose Stromboli Advice please

Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom,...
    Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom, we have come to accept that certain plants perhaps only flourish well in certain geographic regions....
    Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom, we have come to accept that certain plants perhaps...
    Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice