1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl
    Like x 5

Members Roses 2019

Good afternoon
    Good afternoon
    Good afternoon
    Good afternoon
    Starlight Symphony.JPG 0570538.jpg Capture.JPG 20190214_140918.jpg Rose.JPG P1310800.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Rose ID Thread

We have so many requests for Roses ID that I thought it would be a good idea to keep this Thread only for ID's,Rose ID is not an always easy as the colours from members cameras are not always true...
    We have so many requests for Roses ID that I thought it would be a good idea to keep this Thread only for ID's,Rose ID is not an always easy as the colours from members cameras are not always true to life and indeed Roses colours change with age from bud to bloom,but we will always answer a...
    We have so many requests for Roses ID that I thought it would be a good idea to keep this Thread only for ID's,Rose ID is not an always easy as the colours from members cameras are not always true to life and indeed Roses colours change with age...
    We have so many requests for Roses ID that I thought it would be a good idea to keep this Thread only for ID's,Rose ID is not an always easy as the colours from members cameras are not always true...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When...
    GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When the larvae hatch and begin feeding, a chemical reaction causes the mossy looking galls to form.
    GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When the larvae hatch and begin feeding, a chemical...
    GROWTHS ON ROSESThe roses otherwise appear to be healthy. ... A: The fuzzy growths known as moss galls are caused by a tiny wasp that lays her eggs in the stems of rose bushes in spring. When...
    18cc0b5799bb2ccd75941b9f866888b0--trimming-roses-trim-roses.jpg 789-Rose-Pruning-Diagram.jpg Capture.JPG 74b6f1e8-5b17-11e5-91ef-1b38574a319f-316x316.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. tim091

Roses fall over at slightest rain

No worries my friend you are most welcome
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mazambo

I've just found a rose

Thanks @Redwing I think that's what I'll do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. AliceJ2019

Transplant shock or has my rose been poisoned?

@AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the...
    @AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the eternal optimist;)
    @AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the eternal optimist;)
    @AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. MarionGarden

Green caterpillar on rose leaf

Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and shriveled blooms left on it wouldn't look very nice and if wet dead they could spread disease...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and shriveled blooms left on it wouldn't look very...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and...
    Capture.JPG 20190606_205304.jpg Capture.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Neighbours roses

My neighbour was back from her hols yesterday bearing gifts, probably mention the pots over the weekend, probably put the biscuits up for my wife's birthday in November :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    My neighbour was back from her hols yesterday bearing gifts, probably mention the pots over the weekend, probably put the biscuits up for my wife's birthday in November :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    20190707_175237.jpg 20190707_175218.jpg 20190707_175235.jpg 20190712_204657.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jack Sparrow

Rose in pot

I use these 'Stewart 66l' ones and they are £20 a piece from Dobbies :sad:I just purchased 4 :spinning:
    I use these 'Stewart 66l' ones and they are £20 a piece from Dobbies :sad:I just purchased 4 :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Imran Surti

Specks on my roses!

Good morning @Imran Surti just to confirm I have heard from Geoff Hodge this morningHi Woo thanks for getting in touch. It looks like botrytis I hope this helps.Best wishes & good...
    Good morning @Imran Surti just to confirm I have heard from Geoff Hodge this morningHi Woo thanks for getting in touch. It looks like botrytis I hope this helps.Best wishes & good gardening.Geoff Hodge MCIHort Garden writer, broadcaster & horticultural consultant
    Good morning @Imran Surti just to confirm I have heard from Geoff Hodge this morningHi Woo thanks for getting in touch. It looks like botrytis I hope this helps.Best wishes & good gardening.Geoff Hodge MCIHort Garden writer, broadcaster &...
    Good morning @Imran Surti just to confirm I have heard from Geoff Hodge this morningHi Woo thanks for getting in touch. It looks like botrytis I hope this helps.Best wishes & good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jack Sparrow

Kordana

We shall look forward to seeing them then @Jack Sparrow :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Matthew Holmes

Are my rose bushes dead?

I thought that they were but just checking. They should have been staked when planted.
    I thought that they were but just checking. They should have been staked when planted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lolimac
    Like x 4

Rose replant disease...

Often a puzzler for gardeners. Rose replant disease, yet this disease/problem also affects other trees, shrubs and plants. The actual cause is not known, and as far as I know, soil sample...
    Often a puzzler for gardeners. Rose replant disease, yet this disease/problem also affects other trees, shrubs and plants. The actual cause is not known, and as far as I know, soil sample testing etc doesn't identify the existence of it. Mention has been made in relation to roses, that are...
    Often a puzzler for gardeners. Rose replant disease, yet this disease/problem also affects other trees, shrubs and plants. The actual cause is not known, and as far as I know, soil sample testing etc doesn't identify the existence of...
    Often a puzzler for gardeners. Rose replant disease, yet this disease/problem also affects other trees, shrubs and plants. The actual cause is not known, and as far as I know, soil sample...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Greg C

My rose seems to be dying

You’re welcome. I don’t know if @wiseowl can add anything?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. lowrider69

Roses Black Spot & Greenfly Advice

always a learning curve I guess lol ok will do what I can and hope for the best :)
    always a learning curve I guess lol ok will do what I can and hope for the best :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jenny namaste
    Like x 4

ONLY A ROSE 2019

This climber is always stunning in May
    P1080240.jpg P1080252.jpg P1080254.jpg P1080240.jpg P1080259.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. tangham

Rose Dieback.

Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules are meant to guide you not bind you";) enjoy your day
    Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules are meant to guide you not bind you";) enjoy your day
    Good morning @Mike Allen no forgiveness necessary my friend,but that was one off trial;) when I give advice and that's all it is,I have to do it the correct way,but I am a great believer in "Rules...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Mike Allen

Attempting to compile a databse.

Think I've cracked it ...Image above hot linked to this urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1Original...
    Think I've cracked it ...Image above hot linked to this urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1Original urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1&w=70&h=70&crop=1It's the url for the 'small image' beneath the...
    Think I've cracked it ...Image above hot linked to this urlhttps://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/wms/modules/shop/image.php?p=676&i=1Original...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Mike Allen

Searching for Rosa Valerie

Wish you well Mike and comfort :) Enjoy your roses:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Mike Allen

The RNRS.

That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good...
    That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good condition so it's easier for people to use plants that need very little looking after.
    That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good condition so it's easier for people to use plants that...
    That's roughly what I was thinking Lori. Many householders don't seem to have time any more to maintain their gardens how they would like. Roses need a lot of attention to keep them in good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. MAJ

Pruning dog roses/ramblers

Thanks @wiseowl
    Thanks @wiseowl
    Thanks @wiseowl
    Thanks @wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Wobblycogs
    Friendly x 4

Just got back after illness.

Thank you Vicky thank you Verdun I will certainly do my best not to fall flat on my face.. just had my son's dog with me for a few days. Lovely dog but a bit exuberant for this old codger lol!
    Thank you Vicky thank you Verdun I will certainly do my best not to fall flat on my face.. just had my son's dog with me for a few days. Lovely dog but a bit exuberant for this old codger lol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. SteveR

Burying Roses

I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the...
    I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the roots break there will be enough for the rose/s to recover. It's a little late to move them now and...
    I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the roots break there will be enough for the rose/s to...
    I would dig them out using a garden fork. The chances are the main root is still your side of the fence and if you can remove that without a problem the rest should pull free. Even if some of the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice