1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Congratulations to Sheal for winning the January Photo Competition!
    AND
    That also makes Sheal our first entry in the Champion of Champions thread for 2018!

February's Photo Competition is now open, with December's winner Canadian Lori choosing the theme - February: Bliss or Bleak?

The Recipes area of the forum continues to thrive, with a library of tasty recipes growing all the time - if you have any suggestions, please do join in with the Recipes Sub-Forum Discussion

Or, why not learn something from our very own resident CHEF!

Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE 2018

Hello Mike Allen, Sorry to hear the loss of your wife Valerie :sad:Sounds like you was a close couple of similar minds regarding your roses and knew beauty:dbgrtmb:...she's still with you through your roses...
    Hello Mike Allen, Sorry to hear the loss of your wife Valerie :sad:Sounds like you was a close couple of similar minds regarding your roses and knew beauty:dbgrtmb:...she's still with you through your roses my friend :)
    Hello Mike Allen, Sorry to hear the loss of your wife Valerie :sad:Sounds like you was a close couple of similar minds regarding your roses and knew beauty:dbgrtmb:...she's still with you through your roses my friend :)
    Hello Mike Allen, Sorry to hear the loss of your wife Valerie :sad:Sounds like you was a close couple of similar minds regarding your roses and knew beauty:dbgrtmb:...she's still with you through your roses...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Members Roses 2018

This Thread is for images of members Roses 2018
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Like x 3

New Roses for 2018

Thank you for showing us these lovely roses :) 'Lovestruck' and 'Little Angel' are tempting but I'm considering roses with a more informal approach in my new garden. I will reveal all in time. ;)
    Thank you for showing us these lovely roses :) 'Lovestruck' and 'Little Angel' are tempting but I'm considering roses with a more informal approach in my new garden. I will reveal all in time. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

EVERYTHING APPERTAINING TO ROSES

MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When this happens you are faced with two choices. Cut it...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl
    Agree x 3

Gardeners' World Golden 50 years Jubilee Plant Winner

Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last garden as they withstood the difficult climate I lived in.'Lucky!' In my experience almost completely...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last garden as they withstood the difficult climate I lived...
    Roses are very rewarding if you're prepared to look after them. :) If you haven't got the time or the inclination then they are definitely not the plants for you. I had Floribunda's in my last...
    DSCI0002.JPG S.jpg DSCN0132 (1024x768).jpg Rose 'Lucky!' (3).JPG Rose 'Super Trouper' (2).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8.   » Normal Threads
  9. Greg C

Growing roses

Hi @Greg C my friend you can keep them in a bucket until the weekend
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. "M"

Black and yellow spots on leaves

Evening @wiseowl We'll know more when the summer comes and it blooms...pictures will be taken :dbgrtmb::)
    Evening @wiseowl We'll know more when the summer comes and it blooms...pictures will be taken :dbgrtmb::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. NessaJ70

Replacement climbing rose?

Wow, that's a beautiful rose, a real chameleon! Thanks both :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 12

Roses £2 each at Tescos

They are £3 each at T O F SG.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Pruning and moving advice please

@Sheal In the summer our gardens are watered heavy..every other day when the sun goes in besides a lovely climber in the trees and in autumn the colours are gorgeous :)
    @Sheal In the summer our gardens are watered heavy..every other day when the sun goes in besides a lovely climber in the trees and in autumn the colours are gorgeous :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. HarryS

Yellow Rose ID ?

I likes roses too but only these:snorky:
    sDSC_0070.jpg sDSC_0068.jpg untitled.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tetters

For a rose fan..atic

@Tetter, that video was just relaxing watching those roses :wow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII

IT'S NEVER ONLY A ROSE - 2017

Logan my one rose tree flowers in your first colour this one and the heads are quite big.:)
    Logan my one rose tree flowers in your first colour this one and the heads are quite big.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wiseowl
    Like x 3

A to Z of Gardening

:thankyou: @wiseowl for the heads-up will pop it on catch up, as I've been away Woo- so missed it :doh:
    :thankyou: @wiseowl for the heads-up will pop it on catch up, as I've been away Woo- so missed it :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. madon37s

ID of rose and pruning advice please.

Many thanks again Sheal for your input and advice. Looks like I need to wait until just before next spring then to prune. I'd better find my welding gloves methinks.....
    Many thanks again Sheal for your input and advice. Looks like I need to wait until just before next spring then to prune. I'd better find my welding gloves methinks.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Loopylupin

Oh dear! My poor rose!

Hi help needed please I know very little about roses can theses be saved? They have black spot and look dead at the bottom any advise would be gratefully received
    Hi help needed please I know very little about roses can theses be saved? They have black spot and look dead at the bottom any advise would be gratefully received
    20170704_141034.jpg A01713700A49CC6EDFC5B874781CA9AB.jpg Capture.JPG image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Snorky85
    Like x 5

David Austin vs Poundstretcher

Thanks Verdun. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Sandy Ground

Rose Problem

@Sandy Ground my friend oh that is great news and many thanks for letting me know,your post is greatly appreciated,its not often that we get a positive outcome reply post on our Rose Forum,enjoy...
    @Sandy Ground my friend oh that is great news and many thanks for letting me know,your post is greatly appreciated,its not often that we get a positive outcome reply post on our Rose Forum,enjoy your evening :blue thumb:
    @Sandy Ground my friend oh that is great news and many thanks for letting me know,your post is greatly appreciated,its not often that we get a positive outcome reply post on our Rose Forum,enjoy your evening :blue thumb:
    @Sandy Ground my friend oh that is great news and many thanks for letting me know,your post is greatly appreciated,its not often that we get a positive outcome reply post on our Rose Forum,enjoy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. 2nd_bassoon

How to look after climbing rose?

This years growth will produce next years flowers, if it was only a stump last year you wont see any flowers this year.
    This years growth will produce next years flowers, if it was only a stump last year you wont see any flowers this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Victoria

Propagating Roses

Its the Cinnamon that is the key here.. Cinnamon is very helpful stuff.. Cinnamon is a kind of antiseptic and has healing properties, been used for centuries in countries where it grows.. :thumbsup:
    Its the Cinnamon that is the key here.. Cinnamon is very helpful stuff.. Cinnamon is a kind of antiseptic and has healing properties, been used for centuries in countries where it grows.. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Zigs

Should this be doing this?

Looks like weedkiller damage to me
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Zigs

War of the Roses

That's Chelt ing ham for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Ses

Can anyone help with id?

Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the...
    Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the photo I put up was about the best I could offer:biggrin:Here is another photo to help you
    Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the photo I put up was about the best I could offer:biggrin:...
    Hi @Ses i have just found another photo of my New Dawn taken to n June when it was in full flower.As we are in drought conditions here where I live the bush is now starting to suffer a bit so the...
    20170705_052314.jpg 20170705_052258.jpg IMG_0858.JPG IMG_0781.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Snorky85

Climbing rose not flowering

This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a...
    This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a VERY keen gardener) used to grow it. :)
    This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a VERY keen gardener) used to grow it. :)
    This one had a few nasties at the base but the further away from the base there was hardly any!Worlds Favourite Rose! :) I like that. Specifically picked this one as my Great Grandad (who was a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. barryr

help with roses

Good morning @barryr no worries my friend its your TLC that is the reason for your Rose is simply blooming,well done;):blue thumb:
    Good morning @barryr no worries my friend its your TLC that is the reason for your Rose is simply blooming,well done;):blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options