Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Members Roses 2019

Big thanks @wiseowl :blue thumb: I'll do that this morning.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When this happens you are faced with two choices. Cut it...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching the shirts of people’s backs as they walk by.When...
    MOVING YOUR ROSEYou are about to find out if the rose you hoped would be a tidy little spot of color next to the path is going to be just that, or it’s going to be a rampant monster snatching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Selleri

Climbing roses- Iceberg or Starlight symphony?

Iceberg for me as well. As some people on here know it's my favourite Rose ever ( Hot Chocolate comes second ).
    Iceberg for me as well. As some people on here know it's my favourite Rose ever ( Hot Chocolate comes second ).
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ricky101

RadioTimes /You Garden Shrub Rose offer

Sounds bad to me. I would avoid this offer. No indication as to size, habit etc so it would be impossible to choose a suitable site to plant them. Also there are many many different roses shown...
    Sounds bad to me. I would avoid this offer. No indication as to size, habit etc so it would be impossible to choose a suitable site to plant them. Also there are many many different roses shown at Chelsea, even some hideous ones.For @ricky101 s sake I hope some turn out to be ok.
    Sounds bad to me. I would avoid this offer. No indication as to size, habit etc so it would be impossible to choose a suitable site to plant them. Also there are many many different roses shown at Chelsea, even some hideous ones.For @ricky101...
    Sounds bad to me. I would avoid this offer. No indication as to size, habit etc so it would be impossible to choose a suitable site to plant them. Also there are many many different roses shown...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jimb0b

Suggestions please

There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the...
    There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the scent back the bottle, Oops! Rose. So checking back over some of the older roses may help. Of...
    There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the scent back the bottle, Oops! Rose. So checking...
    There was a period when new roses became popular due to their appearance. Sadly in most cases there were the 'Good Looks' but no scent. Then in more recent times breeders have managed to put the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Marley Farley
    Like x 7

The Fairy..!

I'm not a lover of pink roses but your rose looks like a stunner Marley. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Found this by accident.

Yes, the very man. He wrote several books on roses. When he passed away the RHS reported it in the Garden journal. I submitted a piece that was also printed.
    Yes, the very man. He wrote several books on roses. When he passed away the RHS reported it in the Garden journal. I submitted a piece that was also printed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. luciusmaximus

B & M Roses

:ThankYou: Mr Woo. It's planted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mike Allen

The Rose Society UK

It's sad. Although we don't grow roses in our garden I used to enjoy visiting the Society's garden.
    It's sad. Although we don't grow roses in our garden I used to enjoy visiting the Society's garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lowrider69

Rose Stromboli Advice please

Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom,...
    Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom, we have come to accept that certain plants perhaps only flourish well in certain geographic regions....
    Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom, we have come to accept that certain plants perhaps...
    Thank you Sheal. Yes frozen soil/compost and pot/container plants do require attention in winter seasons. Frost, freezing temperatures etc call for extra care. If I may.In the plant kingdom,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Freddy

Uncovered Rose

Good afternoon @Freddy my friend many thanks for your update
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jupes

Training against a fence help

Thank you both.
    Thank you both.
    Thank you both.
    Thank you both.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Loubielouy

Black spot

Good morning @Loubielouy my friend is there any chance of a photo it would help us a lot
    Good morning @Loubielouy my friend is there any chance of a photo it would help us a lot
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. tangham

Feeding help.

I use a weekly feed of liquidTomato Fertiliser:coffee::snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Rose ID Thread

Good morning @wiseowl, thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. tim091

Moved roses to new house - prune this winter?

Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are...
    Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are looking in Feb.The soil here is terrible - flint and clay - so I planted them in deep trenches filled...
    Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are looking in Feb.The soil here is terrible - flint...
    Thanks both for your replies. I am inclined to leave them be to "get over their ordeal", but as they are showing such strong signs of growth I will probably play it by ear and see how they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. lowrider69

Rose bush leaf probalems

well said mike :)anyways which sprays do people thinks is the best all in one as in fungus and insect spray as I been buying to different sprays until now
    well said mike :)anyways which sprays do people thinks is the best all in one as in fungus and insect spray as I been buying to different sprays until now
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. NessaJ70

Advice for pruning roses

Thanks very much Gail, I'll try that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Jack Sparrow

Rose in pot

Gary it's all blooming lovely mate :love30:….if I was you i'd remove some of the dead leaves for your mom ;)
    Gary it's all blooming lovely mate :love30:….if I was you i'd remove some of the dead leaves for your mom ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. DebraB

Can rose suckers grow halfway up the plant?

thanks for the advice Nice fox :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Victoria

Propagating Roses

The poster did stress that eyes should be cut out of the half potato.....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice