Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl
    Like x 8

Rose Of The Year 2020

It looks like the romantic shape of rose, woo, that you would give to your Wife in a bouquet. I'd like to see it in real life to smell the scent and see it in true light.........a very nice rose.:love30::thumbsup:
    It looks like the romantic shape of rose, woo, that you would give to your Wife in a bouquet. I'd like to see it in real life to smell the scent and see it in true light.........a very nice rose.:love30::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sandy Ground

Black Spot thoughts

By all means @Mike Allen I will welcome any and all input.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 5

Members Roses 2019

[COLOR=#336600][I]That is lovely
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Friendly x 3

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that the cause is a combination of soil imbalance caused by the removal of trace elements from the soil...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that the cause is a combination of soil imbalance...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Rose ID Thread

Where do I start? Woo and I had very close connections with the Royal Parks. Woo having worked in Greewich Park. Me having been local plod and a devoted visitor to the park. Then becoming a...
    Where do I start? Woo and I had very close connections with the Royal Parks. Woo having worked in Greewich Park. Me having been local plod and a devoted visitor to the park. Then becoming a police traffic cop. My patrol area included Central London, and. The Regents Park. Here I met Park...
    Where do I start? Woo and I had very close connections with the Royal Parks. Woo having worked in Greewich Park. Me having been local plod and a devoted visitor to the park. Then becoming a police traffic cop. My patrol area included Central...
    Where do I start? Woo and I had very close connections with the Royal Parks. Woo having worked in Greewich Park. Me having been local plod and a devoted visitor to the park. Then becoming a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9.   » Normal Threads
  10. Notrub

Rose bushes and glyphosphate

Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and marestail. To what areas, quantaties are we talking about. Please be fair. The original post could have...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and marestail. To what areas, quantaties are we talking...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ThePlantAssassin

Rose Compassion help

Good afternoon @Plant Assassin my friend if there is anything else I can help you with just ask;)
    Good afternoon @Plant Assassin my friend if there is anything else I can help you with just ask;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Selleri

How do I get rid of this monster?

Taken your advice for my tree stump, see how it goes.
    360C5F82-CD35-41B3-9FB1-8A156965CE52.jpeg 20190907_193149.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ThePlantAssassin

Rose Indigolette climber

@wiseowl thank you so much for the advice. I will leave it alone as you say. I just copied the label re the name. I've had one flower and it was the lilac colour thank goodness.
    @wiseowl thank you so much for the advice. I will leave it alone as you say. I just copied the label re the name. I've had one flower and it was the lilac colour thank goodness.
    20190901_123741.jpg Capture.JPG 20190901_142100.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Wdyl

Cuttings... Is this this too good to be true?

Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;)...
    Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;) ,keep us updated,enjoy the rest of your day
    Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;) ,keep us updated,enjoy the rest of your day
    Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Mike Allen

Black Spot and Sulphur

I bought sulphur spay years ago, to keep certain diseases at bay.I thought it had been banned as a fungicide, but obviously not.
    I bought sulphur spay years ago, to keep certain diseases at bay.I thought it had been banned as a fungicide, but obviously not.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jack Sparrow

Scentimental

With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his...
    With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his expert suggestion.:love30::) ..........different colour scheme of course:heehee:
    With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his expert suggestion.:love30::) ..........different colour scheme...
    With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Markymark

Climbing rose

Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it...
    Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it will thrive.
    Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it will thrive.
    Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it...
    73BE3499-DD69-4B44-8DF9-911ED4CED276.jpeg FC534266-0B11-453B-B5F0-EE8F961054AD.jpeg IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1575.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rosietutu

Roses

Thanks for that, Woo.:) I'm not just interested in the colour and scent of a rose, I like to know the history and origins of them so that was very useful so thank you again.:love30::thumbsup::)
    Thanks for that, Woo.:) I'm not just interested in the colour and scent of a rose, I like to know the history and origins of them so that was very useful so thank you again.:love30::thumbsup::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mike Allen
    Friendly x 3

ROSES. Love them or Dislike them!

Definitely a dog rose. We always had wrong names, even the kids, my mum made them up. I was tinribs:help: I've seen some but not available until November.
    Definitely a dog rose. We always had wrong names, even the kids, my mum made them up. I was tinribs:help: I've seen some but not available until November.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Steve R

Hybrid Teas

Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a...
    Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a structure of sorts anyway, but I have been very greedy triumphantly taking home blooms for the...
    Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a structure of sorts anyway, but I have been very greedy...
    Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. ThePlantAssassin

Another Rose problem?

Cracking advice from our @wiseowl :love30:...It worked for me.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Freddy

Roses From Cuttings

I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep...
    I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep the compost from drying out too fast.Two out of three made it to the following year.
    I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep the compost from drying out too fast.Two out...
    I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. LuckyTurnips

New Rose Bush Doing Badly

Good morning @LuckyTurnips over time soil and conditions change,when you get a pair of new shoes they feel fine a month later they are uncomfortable and you can't walk in them:heehee:
    Good morning @LuckyTurnips over time soil and conditions change,when you get a pair of new shoes they feel fine a month later they are uncomfortable and you can't walk in them:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Novice Rob

Mme. Alfred Carriere

Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut...
    Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut back, that bit of border doesn't get an awful lot of sun. Thanks again Rob
    Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut back, that bit of border doesn't get an awful lot...
    Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. tim091

Roses fall over at slightest rain

No worries my friend you are most welcome
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. mazambo

I've just found a rose

Thanks @Redwing I think that's what I'll do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. AliceJ2019

Transplant shock or has my rose been poisoned?

@AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the...
    @AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the eternal optimist;)
    @AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the eternal optimist;)
    @AliceJ2019 if you scrape a small part of the cane off with your finger nail,to see if its green underneath or brown,but I would still remove all the leaves and give it a chance my friendI'm the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. MarionGarden

Green caterpillar on rose leaf

Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and shriveled blooms left on it wouldn't look very nice and if wet dead they could spread disease...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and shriveled blooms left on it wouldn't look very...
    Good morning @Mike Allen no offence has been taken we must agree to disagree ;)This is only how Woo does and his deadheading and the reason is that the appearance of a Rose bush with many dead and...
    Capture.JPG 20190606_205304.jpg Capture.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. mazambo

Neighbours roses

My neighbour was back from her hols yesterday bearing gifts, probably mention the pots over the weekend, probably put the biscuits up for my wife's birthday in November :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    My neighbour was back from her hols yesterday bearing gifts, probably mention the pots over the weekend, probably put the biscuits up for my wife's birthday in November :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    20190707_175237.jpg 20190707_175218.jpg 20190707_175235.jpg 20190712_204657.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice