Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. ARMANDII

MEMBERS ROSES - 2020

Well, that's that done and dusted as I have just placed an order for "Basheba" which should arrive in a couple of days time:hapfeet::hapydancsmil: I'll have to wait until the weather turns a bit milder and we've lost...
    Well, that's that done and dusted as I have just placed an order for "Basheba" which should arrive in a couple of days time:hapfeet::hapydancsmil: I'll have to wait until the weather turns a bit milder and we've lost the really cold weather this present High Pressure is giving us before planting it in front of the...
    Well, that's that done and dusted as I have just placed an order for "Basheba" which should arrive in a couple of days time:hapfeet::hapydancsmil: I'll have to wait until the weather turns a bit milder and we've lost the really cold weather this present High Pressure...
    Well, that's that done and dusted as I have just placed an order for "Basheba" which should arrive in a couple of days time:hapfeet::hapydancsmil: I'll have to wait until the weather turns a bit milder and we've lost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Christian Named Roses 2020

Good morning Woo is often asked to find a named Rose so I thought this might help,if the name you want is not here by all means just ask WooBuy Personalised Roses & Plants Online in the UK
    Good morning Woo is often asked to find a named Rose so I thought this might help,if the name you want is not here by all means just ask WooBuy Personalised Roses & Plants Online in the UK
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Rose ID Thread

Dear wiseowl.After a recount most of the leaves are 7 leaves and only a few 5 leaves. : )Linda:hapflowers2:
    Dear wiseowl.After a recount most of the leaves are 7 leaves and only a few 5 leaves. : )Linda:hapflowers2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mike Allen

The Rose Society UK

Good afternoon @Mike Allen I think I will go back to sleep now and once again my sincere apologies,enjoy the rest of your day
    Good afternoon @Mike Allen I think I will go back to sleep now and once again my sincere apologies,enjoy the rest of your day
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Like x 8

Rose Of The Year 2020

It looks like the romantic shape of rose, woo, that you would give to your Wife in a bouquet. I'd like to see it in real life to smell the scent and see it in true light.........a very nice rose.:love30::thumbsup:
    It looks like the romantic shape of rose, woo, that you would give to your Wife in a bouquet. I'd like to see it in real life to smell the scent and see it in true light.........a very nice rose.:love30::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sandy Ground

Black Spot thoughts

By all means @Mike Allen I will welcome any and all input.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Friendly x 3

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that the cause is a combination of soil imbalance caused by the removal of trace elements from the soil...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that the cause is a combination of soil imbalance...
    Rose Replant DiseaseRose replant disease (sometimes called rose sickness) occurs when a new rose is bought to replace an old one and is planted in the same soil. It is generally considered that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl

The Seven Groups Of Roses

Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large flowers.Climber A good example of thisThe...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with stiff canes and are repeat flowering with large...
    Climbers and Rambler Roses A group of Roses which with support can be made to climb.Ramblers which have long pliable stems/canes with trusses of small flowers and only flower once. Climbers with...
    Warm Wishes.JPG upload_2018-6-21_10-35-47.png Vanessa Bell.JPG image.jpg Stars and stripes.JPG Scented Carpet.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Useful x 4

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11.   » Normal Threads
  12. luciusmaximus

Potted Rose advice please

Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature...
    Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature ones. I would never feed or prune this time of year as I gather both would induce vulnerable soft...
    Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature ones. I would never feed or prune this time of year...
    Had one of these but it stopped being as floriferous in the fourth year and just went downhill after that, so I got rid. I treated it like a floribunda as I think these are essentially miniature...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mike Allen

Just ordered three new roses.

We had Comte de Chambord, and it was a lovely rose, that unfortunately we had to leave behind on one of our moves...
    We had Comte de Chambord, and it was a lovely rose, that unfortunately we had to leave behind on one of our moves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Steve H

November pruning

Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and...
    Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and leave the rest till early spring.
    Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and leave the rest till early spring.
    Wow thanks for the huge response all. Sian raised a good point, my Rose's are very tall, upto roof height, think it might be a good idea to take out the ones thst are not supported very well, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Notrub

Rose bushes and glyphosphate

Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and marestail. To what areas, quantaties are we talking about. Please be fair. The original post could have...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and marestail. To what areas, quantaties are we talking...
    Such a mix. Firstly may I suggest members check-out Glyphoste on wikipedia. It will save me loads of typing. Fair do's , and I respect members comments.Might I ask. Roses, brambles and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ThePlantAssassin

Rose Compassion help

Good afternoon @Plant Assassin my friend if there is anything else I can help you with just ask;)
    Good afternoon @Plant Assassin my friend if there is anything else I can help you with just ask;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Selleri

How do I get rid of this monster?

Taken your advice for my tree stump, see how it goes.
    360C5F82-CD35-41B3-9FB1-8A156965CE52.jpeg 20190907_193149.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ThePlantAssassin

Rose Indigolette climber

@wiseowl thank you so much for the advice. I will leave it alone as you say. I just copied the label re the name. I've had one flower and it was the lilac colour thank goodness.
    @wiseowl thank you so much for the advice. I will leave it alone as you say. I just copied the label re the name. I've had one flower and it was the lilac colour thank goodness.
    20190901_123741.jpg Capture.JPG 20190901_142100.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl
    Like x 5

Members Roses 2019

[COLOR=#336600][I]That is lovely
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Wdyl

Cuttings... Is this this too good to be true?

Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;)...
    Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;) ,keep us updated,enjoy the rest of your day
    Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;) ,keep us updated,enjoy the rest of your day
    Hi @Wdyl my friend no worries gardening is not an exact science ,just carry with the seeds and you may be pleasantly surprised and if I were you I would have a drink of the apple cider vinegar;)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Mike Allen

Black Spot and Sulphur

I bought sulphur spay years ago, to keep certain diseases at bay.I thought it had been banned as a fungicide, but obviously not.
    I bought sulphur spay years ago, to keep certain diseases at bay.I thought it had been banned as a fungicide, but obviously not.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Jack Sparrow

Scentimental

With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his...
    With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his expert suggestion.:love30::) ..........different colour scheme of course:heehee:
    With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his expert suggestion.:love30::) ..........different colour scheme...
    With regard to the Rose Orange and Lemon", it was recommended to me, along with some other roses, by Woo and it's a lovely rose that really compliments "Crazy for You" and I'm glad I took his...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Markymark

Climbing rose

Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it...
    Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it will thrive.
    Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it will thrive.
    Well my rose is in and I am really pleased with it! Can't wait for it to bloom. I incorporated some bonemeal into the soil before planting and have put up a new trellis, so fingers crossed, it...
    73BE3499-DD69-4B44-8DF9-911ED4CED276.jpeg FC534266-0B11-453B-B5F0-EE8F961054AD.jpeg IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1575.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. rosietutu

Roses

Thanks for that, Woo.:) I'm not just interested in the colour and scent of a rose, I like to know the history and origins of them so that was very useful so thank you again.:love30::thumbsup::)
    Thanks for that, Woo.:) I'm not just interested in the colour and scent of a rose, I like to know the history and origins of them so that was very useful so thank you again.:love30::thumbsup::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Mike Allen
    Friendly x 3

ROSES. Love them or Dislike them!

Definitely a dog rose. We always had wrong names, even the kids, my mum made them up. I was tinribs:help: I've seen some but not available until November.
    Definitely a dog rose. We always had wrong names, even the kids, my mum made them up. I was tinribs:help: I've seen some but not available until November.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Steve R

Hybrid Teas

Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a...
    Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a structure of sorts anyway, but I have been very greedy triumphantly taking home blooms for the...
    Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a structure of sorts anyway, but I have been very greedy...
    Many thanks to all, I'll leave the candelabra for now, at least I can enjoy the flowers on the plot itself rather than taking for the vase. I think I should be growing the roses to produce a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. ThePlantAssassin

Another Rose problem?

Cracking advice from our @wiseowl :love30:...It worked for me.:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Freddy

Roses From Cuttings

I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep...
    I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep the compost from drying out too fast.Two out of three made it to the following year.
    I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep the compost from drying out too fast.Two out...
    I agree, roses are very easy to propagate.We ran a workshop on taking cuttings back in 2016. Here is how the roses were done:Donor plant in mid September 2016.Using a plastic bottle to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. LuckyTurnips

New Rose Bush Doing Badly

Good morning @LuckyTurnips over time soil and conditions change,when you get a pair of new shoes they feel fine a month later they are uncomfortable and you can't walk in them:heehee:
    Good morning @LuckyTurnips over time soil and conditions change,when you get a pair of new shoes they feel fine a month later they are uncomfortable and you can't walk in them:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Novice Rob

Mme. Alfred Carriere

Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut...
    Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut back, that bit of border doesn't get an awful lot of sun. Thanks again Rob
    Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut back, that bit of border doesn't get an awful lot...
    Those certainly look like the blooms we had the first year. I was convinced it was a climber, but may have got my wires crossed. I'll try moving it in the winter as, even with the honeysuckle cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. tim091

Roses fall over at slightest rain

No worries my friend you are most welcome
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice