1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Freddy

What Happens When ?

Ok Claire, thanks :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. golfer

David Austin Rose

FreddyThat is the name however when i bought them i purchased from the internet but i dont know the name of the supplier sorry it could well have been from the (states)
    FreddyThat is the name however when i bought them i purchased from the internet but i dont know the name of the supplier sorry it could well have been from the (states)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. golfer

Daily Mirror Roses

I had half a dozen from the Telegraph last year. Might have been my husbandry, but they are weedy specimens and since they arrived I have had black spot too :(
    I had half a dozen from the Telegraph last year. Might have been my husbandry, but they are weedy specimens and since they arrived I have had black spot too :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. redstar

First Rose

Hi Redstar its a lovely Rose such a delicate shade of Pink:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Freddy

Poorly Rose

Okey dokey WOO :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Paladin

One for Woo

Hi Pal Yes a Lovely Rose .It is Identical to its parent except for the Colour,Its Parent "Mary Rose" it some times reverts to the parent colour of Pink or as yours just part pink:thumb: David...
    Hi Pal Yes a Lovely Rose .It is Identical to its parent except for the Colour,Its Parent "Mary Rose" it some times reverts to the parent colour of Pink or as yours just part pink:thumb: David Austin-1988 Reg Name-AusMary
    Hi Pal Yes a Lovely Rose .It is Identical to its parent except for the Colour,Its Parent "Mary Rose" it some times reverts to the parent colour of Pink or as yours just part pink:thumb: David Austin-1988 Reg Name-AusMary
    Hi Pal Yes a Lovely Rose .It is Identical to its parent except for the Colour,Its Parent "Mary Rose" it some times reverts to the parent colour of Pink or as yours just part pink:thumb: David...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Maurice

Blind Roses

Thankyou for these very helpful replies, I am a bit concerned about the Aminopyralid as there is not a single rose on a couple of the Bushes.I will though try cutting back to see if that...
    Thankyou for these very helpful replies, I am a bit concerned about the Aminopyralid as there is not a single rose on a couple of the Bushes.I will though try cutting back to see if that helps.Thanks again
    Thankyou for these very helpful replies, I am a bit concerned about the Aminopyralid as there is not a single rose on a couple of the Bushes.I will though try cutting back to see if that helps.Thanks again
    Thankyou for these very helpful replies, I am a bit concerned about the Aminopyralid as there is not a single rose on a couple of the Bushes.I will though try cutting back to see if that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. HelenL

New Roses at Chelsea

Friend of a celebrity I'm afraid so I got in on their coat-tails and had a great time being anonymous so had the best of both worlds and was able to look at everything and I know I am very lucky...
    Friend of a celebrity I'm afraid so I got in on their coat-tails and had a great time being anonymous so had the best of both worlds and was able to look at everything and I know I am very lucky to have had the opportunity. My favourite concept garden was the quilted velvet on - I really wanted...
    Friend of a celebrity I'm afraid so I got in on their coat-tails and had a great time being anonymous so had the best of both worlds and was able to look at everything and I know I am very lucky to have had the opportunity. My favourite concept...
    Friend of a celebrity I'm afraid so I got in on their coat-tails and had a great time being anonymous so had the best of both worlds and was able to look at everything and I know I am very lucky...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kellyleemg

maggots or worms on my rosebuds?

It definately sounds like the Tortrix caterpillar!!Well good luck!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Muddy14

Rose Tree

Hi Muddy I personally wouldn't use anything less than a Half Barrel for Roses,But that Is only my way,There,s a song In there Somewhere:hehe: Plenty of drainage in the Bottom of the Barrel,and In...
    Hi Muddy I personally wouldn't use anything less than a Half Barrel for Roses,But that Is only my way,There,s a song In there Somewhere:hehe: Plenty of drainage in the Bottom of the Barrel,and In a Pot or Barrel they need watering regularly,Good luck :thumb::)
    Hi Muddy I personally wouldn't use anything less than a Half Barrel for Roses,But that Is only my way,There,s a song In there Somewhere:hehe: Plenty of drainage in the Bottom of the Barrel,and In a Pot or Barrel they need watering regularly,Good...
    Hi Muddy I personally wouldn't use anything less than a Half Barrel for Roses,But that Is only my way,There,s a song In there Somewhere:hehe: Plenty of drainage in the Bottom of the Barrel,and In...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Caz

Rosemary

:) I have grown it from seed a couple of times, but it is very hit & miss.. I would be sowing the seeds now.. I put the pots in a nice sheltered litlle spot out of the wind & in the full sun....
    :) I have grown it from seed a couple of times, but it is very hit & miss.. I would be sowing the seeds now.. I put the pots in a nice sheltered litlle spot out of the wind & in the full sun. Unfortunately the success rate seems about 15%. The seedlings may well take up to 2 months to...
    :) I have grown it from seed a couple of times, but it is very hit & miss.. I would be sowing the seeds now.. I put the pots in a nice sheltered litlle spot out of the wind & in the full sun. Unfortunately the success rate seems about...
    :) I have grown it from seed a couple of times, but it is very hit & miss.. I would be sowing the seeds now.. I put the pots in a nice sheltered litlle spot out of the wind & in the full sun....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Rhyleysgranny

White Climbing Rose

These are the pics. The first one is the rose a month ago ....no pink. This is what is happening now. I am trying to get a name
    These are the pics. The first one is the rose a month ago ....no pink. This is what is happening now. I am trying to get a name
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lollipop

A series of short rose care films

Just a few short films-transplanting roses, etc very informative I thought, and recommended by an old friend YouTube - Moving An Established Rose During Dormant Season
    Just a few short films-transplanting roses, etc very informative I thought, and recommended by an old friend YouTube - Moving An Established Rose During Dormant Season
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. dennis.swift

Climbing roses.

:thmb: Hi Dicker, my friend has a beautiful red one climbing over a big arch they have.. It always seems to be covered in flowers once it has started flowering... It is called Paul's Scarlet & she...
    :thmb: Hi Dicker, my friend has a beautiful red one climbing over a big arch they have.. It always seems to be covered in flowers once it has started flowering... It is called Paul's Scarlet & she bought it at her local garden centre..Then of course there is that real beauty that Paladin has ...
    :thmb: Hi Dicker, my friend has a beautiful red one climbing over a big arch they have.. It always seems to be covered in flowers once it has started flowering... It is called Paul's Scarlet & she bought it at her local garden centre..Then of...
    :thmb: Hi Dicker, my friend has a beautiful red one climbing over a big arch they have.. It always seems to be covered in flowers once it has started flowering... It is called Paul's Scarlet & she...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. paddy_rice

Growing roses from seed

Hi Paddy What I would do Is put them outside ,but bring them in if there is a late frost or torrential Rain but otherwise I would leave them in a sunny wind protected spot.Hope this helps.Yes...
    Hi Paddy What I would do Is put them outside ,but bring them in if there is a late frost or torrential Rain but otherwise I would leave them in a sunny wind protected spot.Hope this helps.Yes Perennials:thumb: They can be planted in the Border in a Sunny spot but I should wait until end of May...
    Hi Paddy What I would do Is put them outside ,but bring them in if there is a late frost or torrential Rain but otherwise I would leave them in a sunny wind protected spot.Hope this helps.Yes Perennials:thumb: They can be planted in the Border in...
    Hi Paddy What I would do Is put them outside ,but bring them in if there is a late frost or torrential Rain but otherwise I would leave them in a sunny wind protected spot.Hope this helps.Yes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dicker

Very hardy climbing roses

Hi redstar Lovely old Bourbon Rose Medium Pink:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Paladin

Gardeners Corner Rose Gallery Discussion Thread..

:gnthb: Shall be looking out for them Claire.. :thmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. benacre

Rose Resoration

Hi Guys, I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread. I have a rose in my front garden which is now about 4ft tall but rather thin. I wil try to get a picture of it so you can see what I...
    Hi Guys, I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread. I have a rose in my front garden which is now about 4ft tall but rather thin. I wil try to get a picture of it so you can see what I mean. Is it best to leave this now for this summer and see what happens, I dont even know what...
    Hi Guys, I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread. I have a rose in my front garden which is now about 4ft tall but rather thin. I wil try to get a picture of it so you can see what I mean. Is it best to leave this now for this...
    Hi Guys, I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread. I have a rose in my front garden which is now about 4ft tall but rather thin. I wil try to get a picture of it so you can see what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Freddy

Container Rose

Thanks Lollipop ,Well I learn something new every today and to day is no exception .I never thought much about Peonies until now and have just been reading up on them .This is what I have read To...
    Thanks Lollipop ,Well I learn something new every today and to day is no exception .I never thought much about Peonies until now and have just been reading up on them .This is what I have read To day.:thumb: The peony is named after Paeon, a student of Asclepius, the Greek God of medicine and...
    Thanks Lollipop ,Well I learn something new every today and to day is no exception .I never thought much about Peonies until now and have just been reading up on them .This is what I have read To day.:thumb: The peony is named after Paeon, a...
    Thanks Lollipop ,Well I learn something new every today and to day is no exception .I never thought much about Peonies until now and have just been reading up on them .This is what I have read To...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice