Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. clueless1

Rosehip syrup

Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks),...
    Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks), but if I have missed them, I will definitely get in there first when autumn comes back round.
    Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks), but if I have missed them, I will definitely get in...
    Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a go. I might have missed out on the rose hips this year, as the birds might have had the best of them by now (I haven't been to look for a few weeks),...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. daisybelle

Tell me about roses :)

I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention...
    I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention with green/black fly and pruning. I know modern varieties have improved a lot though, so I'm...
    I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention with green/black fly and pruning. I know modern...
    I've never really been a fan of roses. The flowers are of course fabulous looking and smelling, but they look so rubbbish when the flowers aren't they and I saw them as needing lots of attention...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mnw1let

Autunm Rain Rsistant Roses

Thanks again, Claire. That is very helpful
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. happy plant

minature rose suppliers

:gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some...
    :gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some more as well...!:thmb:
    :gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some more as well...!:thmb:
    :gnthb: Hi happy plant & Welcome to GC... You could try Apuldram roses HERE They do patio & mianture roses... Or HERE Good Luck with your hunt & big day..!! I expect someone may know of some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. AnnC

Poorly miniature rose

Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)(...
    Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)( Watering over Buds or excessive Rain) or by cool, damp conditions, often in a partially shady site, where...
    Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)( Watering over Buds or excessive Rain) or by cool, damp...
    Hi Carolla searched for your original question but could,nt locate it, Could really do with more information and perhaps a Photo if Possible :)Going on the Information it could be (Balling)(...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sussexgardener

Support for climbing rose

Mme Alfred Carrier often wants to shoot way up (15 ft)with lots of bare stems below, so needs careful pruning and training to keep it in check!
    Mme Alfred Carrier often wants to shoot way up (15 ft)with lots of bare stems below, so needs careful pruning and training to keep it in check!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lizzy t

Suggestions needed for climbing roses

Pix of Rosa Complicata I mentioned earlier
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Stingo

My Falstaff climbing rose

Beautiful :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. flowerpotty

pruning climbing roses

Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our...
    Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our Friends:)
    Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our Friends:)
    Hi Flowerpotty Sorry I have missed your post maybe this will be of some help to you.:thumb::) anymore questions just ask away there is always plenty of help here at Gardeners Corners from all our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Rouxbee

Moving Roses

Hi Rouxbee You are most welcome :thumb::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stroudy1975

Help with rose please

Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other...
    Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other fungal issue. Nothing you can do for those leaves now, the roses are starting to slow down for...
    Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other fungal issue. Nothing you can do for those...
    Hi Stroudy welcome to GC. You will have to remove all the leaves that look like that and destroy them. They are small pictures but it looks to me like a touch of midew and possibly some other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. morris28

Rose Suckers

As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the...
    As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the base of this 2 year old climber, showing all the signs of suckers. Is this possible and do they...
    As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the base of this 2 year old climber, showing all the...
    As a relative novice I had always believed that suckers originated from below the graft of the plant. In the last few weeks, I have identified 4 vigorous growths originating 12/18 inches from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pollyc

holes in leaves... roses and sunflowers

Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads...
    Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads of new climbing shoots out which is good to see.The sunflowers are doing well against the odds -...
    Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads of new climbing shoots out which is good to...
    Thanks for your reply David - sorry it's taken a while to get back to you - been busy here and there...The Rose seems to be surviving well despite the chunks chomped out of it, its put loads...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Smiffy

Climbing Rose What and Where ?

Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a...
    Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a climber for at least the first two or three years.:thumb::)
    Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a climber for at least the first two or three...
    Hi Smiffy A great choice Just remember to plant it about a foot away from the support it Is going to climb and try to water it depending on the weather of course once a week and no need to prune a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. lollipop

Over feeding my roses?

I only feed once a year in the spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pete

A wild rose

Hip, hip, hooray:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Katherna

General help with roses

"I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray...
    "I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray with a propriety Rose spray as close to 1st and 15th of the month as I remember to.
    "I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray with a propriety Rose spray as close to 1st and 15th...
    "I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bashy

Bare root roses

Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used...
    Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used to watch them buying up all the cheap lots of bulbs and roses etc that we as nurserymen wouldn't...
    Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used to watch them buying up all the cheap lots of...
    Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. tracey_deborah

What to plant under roses?

Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty,...
    Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty, and Woos' picture looks great.
    Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty, and Woos' picture looks great.
    Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Labrador

Blackspot on roses

Wish I was having this problem. Mine are as bad as ever!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice