1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. pete

A wild rose

Hip, hip, hooray:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Katherna

General help with roses

"I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray...
    "I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray with a propriety Rose spray as close to 1st and 15th of the month as I remember to.
    "I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray with a propriety Rose spray as close to 1st and 15th...
    "I use a rose food once in the spring and spray fortnightly"I do the same Pro. Toprose at the beginning of the season (although I think I'll do it again because its been so wet), and I spray...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Bashy

Bare root roses

Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used...
    Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used to watch them buying up all the cheap lots of bulbs and roses etc that we as nurserymen wouldn't...
    Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used to watch them buying up all the cheap lots of...
    Personally having been in the nursery trade and used to go to the bulb auctions in Spalding twice a week I learned that there are some firms in Spalding I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. We used...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. tracey_deborah

What to plant under roses?

Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty,...
    Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty, and Woos' picture looks great.
    Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty, and Woos' picture looks great.
    Lavender, Nasturtiums, and Chives are are all supposed to help with blackfly control, so would be helpful from that point of view. I tend to agree with Roders but Gypsophila sounds very pretty,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Labrador

Blackspot on roses

Wish I was having this problem. Mine are as bad as ever!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. elliegreenwellie

Rose Arch

Did someone mention St Geoff, you`ll get me all misty again. That man was the single most important inspiration to get me off my backside and in my garden. And he loved sweetpeas too. I think...
    Did someone mention St Geoff, you`ll get me all misty again. That man was the single most important inspiration to get me off my backside and in my garden. And he loved sweetpeas too. I think anyone who tries them once, does them forever more.
    Did someone mention St Geoff, you`ll get me all misty again. That man was the single most important inspiration to get me off my backside and in my garden. And he loved sweetpeas too. I think anyone who tries them once, does them forever more.
    Did someone mention St Geoff, you`ll get me all misty again. That man was the single most important inspiration to get me off my backside and in my garden. And he loved sweetpeas too. I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. garden_fiend

Can you recommend a rose for me?

Queen Elizabeth is a strong plant usually, often used for hedging so would suit what you are looking for. Some others which may suit includeCorvedale reaches 5x4 they claim, mine is about 6',...
    Queen Elizabeth is a strong plant usually, often used for hedging so would suit what you are looking for. Some others which may suit includeCorvedale reaches 5x4 they claim, mine is about 6', growing conditions...
    Queen Elizabeth is a strong plant usually, often used for hedging so would suit what you are looking for. Some others which may suit includeCorvedale reaches 5x4 they claim, mine is about 6', growing conditions...
    Queen Elizabeth is a strong plant usually, often used for hedging so would suit what you are looking for. Some others which may suit includeCorvedale reaches 5x4 they claim, mine is about 6',...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Little Miss Road Rage

Roses and Seaweed????

Yeah but it's a much better class of Seaweed at Sandbanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Rosiemongrel

Rose question

Thanks for your advise, wiseoldowl. Ok, I'll collect the dead leaves from underneath (I have done it before, but I probably overlook some!), and I'll keep spraying, even though it looks as though...
    Thanks for your advise, wiseoldowl. Ok, I'll collect the dead leaves from underneath (I have done it before, but I probably overlook some!), and I'll keep spraying, even though it looks as though it is not helping much. The plant's so big I use up half a bottle every time I treat it (which is...
    Thanks for your advise, wiseoldowl. Ok, I'll collect the dead leaves from underneath (I have done it before, but I probably overlook some!), and I'll keep spraying, even though it looks as though it is not helping much. The plant's so big I use...
    Thanks for your advise, wiseoldowl. Ok, I'll collect the dead leaves from underneath (I have done it before, but I probably overlook some!), and I'll keep spraying, even though it looks as though...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. SpringsHere

Is this Rose sick, or just very very strange??

so just cut those 3 long stems NOW - and the rest in March then?x
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bashy

Problem with crazy growing roses

I have a new 'Wisley' Rose and it has the same problem. It has double blooms and they are too heavy for the stems as yet. Next year I'll prune it earlier and see if it improves it's strength.
    I have a new 'Wisley' Rose and it has the same problem. It has double blooms and they are too heavy for the stems as yet. Next year I'll prune it earlier and see if it improves it's strength.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. grawlfang

online roses

I'm with Dorset Mike - whilst happy to buy plants on line - not roses. I like to see the stems and foliage before buying if buying container grown. Bare root I still like to see the strength of...
    I'm with Dorset Mike - whilst happy to buy plants on line - not roses. I like to see the stems and foliage before buying if buying container grown. Bare root I still like to see the strength of the pruned stems. If you get a strong plant at the start, then your much more likely to grow it on...
    I'm with Dorset Mike - whilst happy to buy plants on line - not roses. I like to see the stems and foliage before buying if buying container grown. Bare root I still like to see the strength of the pruned stems. If you get a strong plant at...
    I'm with Dorset Mike - whilst happy to buy plants on line - not roses. I like to see the stems and foliage before buying if buying container grown. Bare root I still like to see the strength of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Smiffy

Fish Blood and Bone - Versus - Rose Food

Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms...
    Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms it does help them get though winter.I would have thought that all plants beneft from a better...
    Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms it does help them get though winter.I would...
    Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. tweaky

Bit of a problem with Rosemary.

I suppose it could be Pam, but I really don't know.But never in all my years of growing rosemary have I seen one die so quickly?
    I suppose it could be Pam, but I really don't know.But never in all my years of growing rosemary have I seen one die so quickly?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SamBooth

Roses in Barrels

OK thanks for the reply much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SamBooth

Roses in Barrels

Replies:
    Views:
  18. flowerpot08

Patio Roses

Hi, flower. Never heard of them attacking patio roses. I don't think it'll do them any harm to sparay them, at least it'll keep the Aphids away!!
    Hi, flower. Never heard of them attacking patio roses. I don't think it'll do them any harm to sparay them, at least it'll keep the Aphids away!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dorsetmike

Favourite roses.

Hi JB, how about Fred Loads for your orange hot bed (see pic above), may be a bit rampant, mine often reaches 9' tall although the book says 6' - 7', maybe Fred likes the farm muck I give him,...
    Hi JB, how about Fred Loads for your orange hot bed (see pic above), may be a bit rampant, mine often reaches 9' tall although the book says 6' - 7', maybe Fred likes the farm muck I give him, just prune heavily if you need to keep it in check or try training it fan or espalier shape like a...
    Hi JB, how about Fred Loads for your orange hot bed (see pic above), may be a bit rampant, mine often reaches 9' tall although the book says 6' - 7', maybe Fred likes the farm muck I give him, just prune heavily if you need to keep it in check or...
    Hi JB, how about Fred Loads for your orange hot bed (see pic above), may be a bit rampant, mine often reaches 9' tall although the book says 6' - 7', maybe Fred likes the farm muck I give him,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dorsetmike

A bit of rose history

Thanks for the link Mike,Its a cracking read just a shame about the fruit and veg store not getting a mention m8:thumb:
    Thanks for the link Mike,Its a cracking read just a shame about the fruit and veg store not getting a mention m8:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice