1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Dorsetmike

A bit of rose history

Thanks for the link Mike,Its a cracking read just a shame about the fruit and veg store not getting a mention m8:thumb:
    Thanks for the link Mike,Its a cracking read just a shame about the fruit and veg store not getting a mention m8:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Aesculus

What Rose is this?

I bought two of these roses a couple of years back from the dead and dying section of the woolworths store near me. Does anyone know what the cultivar is? and also how would i go about taking...
    I bought two of these roses a couple of years back from the dead and dying section of the woolworths store near me. Does anyone know what the cultivar is? and also how would i go about taking cuttings?Thanks in advance
    I bought two of these roses a couple of years back from the dead and dying section of the woolworths store near me. Does anyone know what the cultivar is? and also how would i go about taking cuttings?Thanks in advance
    I bought two of these roses a couple of years back from the dead and dying section of the woolworths store near me. Does anyone know what the cultivar is? and also how would i go about taking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. MrsBear

grand prix roses

From this I would suspect it may be avauilable in Holland and possibly in UK; I checked Peter Beales and David Austin, neither of them list it, try googling for rose growers and then search each...
    From this I would suspect it may be avauilable in Holland and possibly in UK; I checked Peter Beales and David Austin, neither of them list it, try googling for rose growers and then search each growers site.Helpmefind.com also lists a Grand Prix florists rose, which may be what you are...
    From this I would suspect it may be avauilable in Holland and possibly in UK; I checked Peter Beales and David Austin, neither of them list it, try googling for rose growers and then search each growers site.Helpmefind.com also lists a Grand...
    From this I would suspect it may be avauilable in Holland and possibly in UK; I checked Peter Beales and David Austin, neither of them list it, try googling for rose growers and then search each...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. KHJ

Climbing Rose

Remember that when you replant a rose in the same place of an old rose you should replace a good amount of the ground too, or the new rose will have problems.
    Remember that when you replant a rose in the same place of an old rose you should replace a good amount of the ground too, or the new rose will have problems.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Tay

Is this a rose?

Definatly a peony Tay problem is it will not flower to long then it will confirm it.
    Definatly a peony Tay problem is it will not flower to long then it will confirm it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. greengiant

Looks like a rose...

Yep Defo a Camellia
    Yep Defo a Camellia
    Yep Defo a Camellia
    Yep Defo a Camellia
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. chengjing

climbing rose?

thanks Mike, they look good, also there are a lot other choise from the site.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Domestos Godess

Moving Roses

You probably either didnt water suficently after transplanting or damadged the roots lifting, I always use a old style fork with 15" tines, keeps root distubance minimal. I often wonder how folk...
    You probably either didnt water suficently after transplanting or damadged the roots lifting, I always use a old style fork with 15" tines, keeps root distubance minimal. I often wonder how folk must manadge with the modern short tine style forks.
    You probably either didnt water suficently after transplanting or damadged the roots lifting, I always use a old style fork with 15" tines, keeps root distubance minimal. I often wonder how folk must manadge with the modern short tine style forks.
    You probably either didnt water suficently after transplanting or damadged the roots lifting, I always use a old style fork with 15" tines, keeps root distubance minimal. I often wonder how folk...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl

Rescued Rose

Thanks Mike,Kandy and MZ Just send all the Roses to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. SpringsHere

What's the matter with my Roses please?

Many thanks for the above. It's the first time I've heard of Epsom Salts for plants! Must be an old remedy. Anyway, I'm taking careful note of what I'm being told here and hopefully get it right...
    Many thanks for the above. It's the first time I've heard of Epsom Salts for plants! Must be an old remedy. Anyway, I'm taking careful note of what I'm being told here and hopefully get it right soon!!Springy x
    Many thanks for the above. It's the first time I've heard of Epsom Salts for plants! Must be an old remedy. Anyway, I'm taking careful note of what I'm being told here and hopefully get it right soon!!Springy x
    Many thanks for the above. It's the first time I've heard of Epsom Salts for plants! Must be an old remedy. Anyway, I'm taking careful note of what I'm being told here and hopefully get it right...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

Blackspot

I`m still learning:eek: am going out now to spray around the base , thanks for that Wiseoldowl :D
    I`m still learning:eek: am going out now to spray around the base , thanks for that Wiseoldowl :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mztrouble

another rose question

thankyou kalmia! So I can cut off all that dead wood then? Ace - it takes up a fair bit of space tbh!
    thankyou kalmia! So I can cut off all that dead wood then? Ace - it takes up a fair bit of space tbh!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Claire75

Roses near the house wall?

Good point Mike, people often train climbing roses up house walls I think so presumably the roots are similar and not a problem :) Unfortunately not an option for me I think as the wall is taken up...
    Good point Mike, people often train climbing roses up house walls I think so presumably the roots are similar and not a problem :) Unfortunately not an option for me I think as the wall is taken up already with clematis, the door and the window! - the bed is currently a mish-mash of small...
    Good point Mike, people often train climbing roses up house walls I think so presumably the roots are similar and not a problem :) Unfortunately not an option for me I think as the wall is taken up already with clematis, the door and the window! -...
    Good point Mike, people often train climbing roses up house walls I think so presumably the roots are similar and not a problem :) Unfortunately not an option for me I think as the wall is taken up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mztrouble

funny white stuff on my climbing rose

Oh super - so nothing to worry about then! Thanks chaps!Am sure I will have many, many more questions as the summer arrives, but in the meantime, I'm really excited cos my white climbing rose...
    Oh super - so nothing to worry about then! Thanks chaps!Am sure I will have many, many more questions as the summer arrives, but in the meantime, I'm really excited cos my white climbing rose has flowers on and I haven't killed it yet (touch wood!!!)
    Oh super - so nothing to worry about then! Thanks chaps!Am sure I will have many, many more questions as the summer arrives, but in the meantime, I'm really excited cos my white climbing rose has flowers on and I haven't killed it yet (touch...
    Oh super - so nothing to worry about then! Thanks chaps!Am sure I will have many, many more questions as the summer arrives, but in the meantime, I'm really excited cos my white climbing rose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dorsetmike

National old rose collection

Hi, the national old rose collection at Mottisfont Abbey (National trust property) near Romsey Hants, is best viewed in early June, if you have not been there I can strongly recommend it, open...
    Hi, the national old rose collection at Mottisfont Abbey (National trust property) near Romsey Hants, is best viewed in early June, if you have not been there I can strongly recommend it, open daily 11-8 from next Saturday (31/5) until June 22.Some pics hereclick on the...
    Hi, the national old rose collection at Mottisfont Abbey (National trust property) near Romsey Hants, is best viewed in early June, if you have not been there I can strongly recommend it, open daily 11-8 from next Saturday (31/5) until June...
    Hi, the national old rose collection at Mottisfont Abbey (National trust property) near Romsey Hants, is best viewed in early June, if you have not been there I can strongly recommend it, open...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. loopyloo

Roses with a problem

I usually reckon to spray about every two weeks, more frequently if the bug(ger)s) don't go quick enough.
    I usually reckon to spray about every two weeks, more frequently if the bug(ger)s) don't go quick enough.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dorsetmike

Rose coloured spectacle?

Hi I'm back, been a bit busy indoors, ;) however the roses outside are getting rather busy,this is just a taster taken Wednesday, quite a few more are in bloom since then.Cheers MIKE
    Hi I'm back, been a bit busy indoors, ;) however the roses outside are getting rather busy,this is just a taster taken Wednesday, quite a few more are in bloom since then.Cheers MIKE
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

LoL's Roses

This lovely little patio rose opened yessterday .... although the plant is only 30cm x 30cm, the blooms are 8-10cm across ....
    This lovely little patio rose opened yessterday .... although the plant is only 30cm x 30cm, the blooms are 8-10cm across ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl

Dignity Rose

That's a really good idea - Marie Curie centres do so much for people in their final days.Sounds like a nice variety of rose they have chosen. I hope they do really well with this idea.Kath
    That's a really good idea - Marie Curie centres do so much for people in their final days.Sounds like a nice variety of rose they have chosen. I hope they do really well with this idea.Kath
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Wrenhere

is it too late to plant bare root roses?

Hi, I said I would let everyone know if this Rose comes back in stock, and I had a call from my local garden centre at the weekend, they had ordered in 5 for me, even though I'd only asked for...
    Hi, I said I would let everyone know if this Rose comes back in stock, and I had a call from my local garden centre at the weekend, they had ordered in 5 for me, even though I'd only asked for one! So I guess as David Austin supplied them, that they must have some more available.If you're...
    Hi, I said I would let everyone know if this Rose comes back in stock, and I had a call from my local garden centre at the weekend, they had ordered in 5 for me, even though I'd only asked for one! So I guess as David Austin supplied them, that...
    Hi, I said I would let everyone know if this Rose comes back in stock, and I had a call from my local garden centre at the weekend, they had ordered in 5 for me, even though I'd only asked for...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice