1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Bashy

Rose Pruning - Should I??

Hi Bashy Yes I try not to use to many chemicals So I lean towards (1 week with) 2 Tablespoonfuls of Baking Soda to 1 Gallon of water + one squirt of Detergent. then the second week ,a Lime...
    Hi Bashy Yes I try not to use to many chemicals So I lean towards (1 week with) 2 Tablespoonfuls of Baking Soda to 1 Gallon of water + one squirt of Detergent. then the second week ,a Lime sulphur mix which i get at my local garden Centre ,Using these on alternative weeks,But as Pro Gard says...
    Hi Bashy Yes I try not to use to many chemicals So I lean towards (1 week with) 2 Tablespoonfuls of Baking Soda to 1 Gallon of water + one squirt of Detergent. then the second week ,a Lime sulphur mix which i get at my local garden Centre ,Using...
    Hi Bashy Yes I try not to use to many chemicals So I lean towards (1 week with) 2 Tablespoonfuls of Baking Soda to 1 Gallon of water + one squirt of Detergent. then the second week ,a Lime...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bashy

Rose Pruning - Should I??

Thanks Sarraceniac
    Thanks Sarraceniac
    Thanks Sarraceniac
    Thanks Sarraceniac
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Winnie

Tree Bark around Roses

Thank you for your responses! We lifted the rose tree last week as it was definitely not happy, and discovered (which comes as no surprise this year) that it was waterlogged! The tree is now...
    Thank you for your responses! We lifted the rose tree last week as it was definitely not happy, and discovered (which comes as no surprise this year) that it was waterlogged! The tree is now planted in a (hopefully) drier spot ... We don't want to lose it as it was a gift from our lovely...
    Thank you for your responses! We lifted the rose tree last week as it was definitely not happy, and discovered (which comes as no surprise this year) that it was waterlogged! The tree is now planted in a (hopefully) drier spot ... We don't want...
    Thank you for your responses! We lifted the rose tree last week as it was definitely not happy, and discovered (which comes as no surprise this year) that it was waterlogged! The tree is now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SallyJ17

Moving Roses

Agree also water them in and contiue to water for a month or so untill the roots ree establish.
    Agree also water them in and contiue to water for a month or so untill the roots ree establish.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. 'Crispz

Anyone want my rose bush? (London area)

That's a good idea. Hadn't thought of that.If I get no takers here I'll go down that route, though I'd prefer someone to come and take it away if poss (lazybones me :) )
    That's a good idea. Hadn't thought of that.If I get no takers here I'll go down that route, though I'd prefer someone to come and take it away if poss (lazybones me :) )
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

2008 Rose of the Year

Hi Lol Oh It sounds like absolute Rose Heaven,Yes I tend to have them very close Like they used to have in Elizabethan Times
    Hi Lol Oh It sounds like absolute Rose Heaven,Yes I tend to have them very close Like they used to have in Elizabethan Times
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Ducastaing

Rose ID...trying again in the correct forum

Hi Bobj Yes the container needs to be no less than 20ins Diameter or better still a Half Barrel there are some lovely Patio Roses but it is a personal choice especially the Colour I have seen...
    Hi Bobj Yes the container needs to be no less than 20ins Diameter or better still a Half Barrel there are some lovely Patio Roses but it is a personal choice especially the Colour I have seen climbers In tubs ,one that stands out Is Bridge of Sighs and Gloriana,a Bush Rose I just love Is Sweet...
    Hi Bobj Yes the container needs to be no less than 20ins Diameter or better still a Half Barrel there are some lovely Patio Roses but it is a personal choice especially the Colour I have seen climbers In tubs ,one that stands out Is Bridge of...
    Hi Bobj Yes the container needs to be no less than 20ins Diameter or better still a Half Barrel there are some lovely Patio Roses but it is a personal choice especially the Colour I have seen...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Tigerlily

rosa mutabilis

Hi Kathy3 Its A personal choice But I do,nt underplant or interplant my Roses I like to keep the base of the stem round the Roses Clear for Mulching and air flow and freedom of the roots of the...
    Hi Kathy3 Its A personal choice But I do,nt underplant or interplant my Roses I like to keep the base of the stem round the Roses Clear for Mulching and air flow and freedom of the roots of the Rose,and I would,nt want anything to hide the Beauty of my Roses,But a lot of people do underplant...
    Hi Kathy3 Its A personal choice But I do,nt underplant or interplant my Roses I like to keep the base of the stem round the Roses Clear for Mulching and air flow and freedom of the roots of the Rose,and I would,nt want anything to hide the...
    Hi Kathy3 Its A personal choice But I do,nt underplant or interplant my Roses I like to keep the base of the stem round the Roses Clear for Mulching and air flow and freedom of the roots of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ducastaing

Beginners ignorance-Which Rose and when to prune?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2334873424_38eaed2165.jpg?v=0andhttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2196/2334873416_3c9ddff124.jpg?v=0
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2334873424_38eaed2165.jpg?v=0andhttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2196/2334873416_3c9ddff124.jpg?v=0
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl

New Roses

Thanks Mona Lisa One to remember Hybrid Tea 1968 (made in France)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Rosiemongrel

Rose scrambling up a tree

Last autumn, I ordered a climbing rose from Crocus (can't remember what it was called) because it was described as being good at scrambling up trees. I have an old elder tree at the bottom of my...
    Last autumn, I ordered a climbing rose from Crocus (can't remember what it was called) because it was described as being good at scrambling up trees. I have an old elder tree at the bottom of my garden, which consists of bare tree trunks for the first 3 metres of so. Obviously, that doesn't look...
    Last autumn, I ordered a climbing rose from Crocus (can't remember what it was called) because it was described as being good at scrambling up trees. I have an old elder tree at the bottom of my garden, which consists of bare tree trunks for the...
    Last autumn, I ordered a climbing rose from Crocus (can't remember what it was called) because it was described as being good at scrambling up trees. I have an old elder tree at the bottom of my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. talbot

Moving Roses

Move it now as long as the ground is not frozen following Pros advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Barra

Queen Elizabeth Rose

Don't be frightend of cutting it back Barra it will help to produce stronger shoots,next month just cut back to an outward facing bud put some fertilzer round it.
    Don't be frightend of cutting it back Barra it will help to produce stronger shoots,next month just cut back to an outward facing bud put some fertilzer round it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. chobart

Roses.

He does a catalogue if you log on to www.davidaustinroses.com I'm sure you can order one, they have lovely pictures and good descriptions.
    He does a catalogue if you log on to www.davidaustinroses.com I'm sure you can order one, they have lovely pictures and good descriptions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jesaya

roses round the door....

Or you could use brass screws as they are easier to get. (never do them up too tight as being brass they are softer)
    Or you could use brass screws as they are easier to get. (never do them up too tight as being brass they are softer)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jesaya

Bare-rooted roses

Your very Welcome
    Your very Welcome
    Your very Welcome
    Your very Welcome
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dorsetmike

Do you still have roses in bloom?

Amazing Mike we have had some heavy frosts that have trashed everything here, got some nice minatures in some christmas arrangements I will be potting them on shortly.
    Amazing Mike we have had some heavy frosts that have trashed everything here, got some nice minatures in some christmas arrangements I will be potting them on shortly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rosietutu

Mini Roses

Hi, Lady. Thanks for the info. you are a gem
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kedi-Gato

"Maple Rose"

OK, I now have a plastic bag over it, open at the bottom.AND I have my fingers crossed!
    OK, I now have a plastic bag over it, open at the bottom.AND I have my fingers crossed!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

More Roses

Oh, thank you, dearest. I have had one or two of those in the past being a ginger lover. Nice winter drink.
    Oh, thank you, dearest. I have had one or two of those in the past being a ginger lover. Nice winter drink.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice