Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Colette

Rose plants

Hi Collette, Welcome.. You could try putting it on a cool window sill as it is probably suffering from shock. They usually do as they are not used to the central heating. Keep it cool &...
    Hi Collette, Welcome.. You could try putting it on a cool window sill as it is probably suffering from shock. They usually do as they are not used to the central heating. Keep it cool & moist & in a position where it is in natural daylight. Try that & see if it stops looking like it wants...
    Hi Collette, Welcome.. You could try putting it on a cool window sill as it is probably suffering from shock. They usually do as they are not used to the central heating. Keep it cool & moist & in a position where it is in natural...
    Hi Collette, Welcome.. You could try putting it on a cool window sill as it is probably suffering from shock. They usually do as they are not used to the central heating. Keep it cool &...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. the_postie

rose

Barbara's Rosewww.EveryRose.com
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. avalann

cape primrose

many thanks for supportive replies! Will follow the wait, watch and deal with policy!
    many thanks for supportive replies! Will follow the wait, watch and deal with policy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lillylover

roses

Nope, roses love clay - its nutrient rich and hold water. As Michaelmas daisy says this is likely to be mildew. As they are newly planted chances are that its lack of water, they take time to get...
    Nope, roses love clay - its nutrient rich and hold water. As Michaelmas daisy says this is likely to be mildew. As they are newly planted chances are that its lack of water, they take time to get roots established - so spray them as against mildew fast, and give them a drink;/feed every two...
    Nope, roses love clay - its nutrient rich and hold water. As Michaelmas daisy says this is likely to be mildew. As they are newly planted chances are that its lack of water, they take time to get roots established - so spray them as against...
    Nope, roses love clay - its nutrient rich and hold water. As Michaelmas daisy says this is likely to be mildew. As they are newly planted chances are that its lack of water, they take time to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Charlie

Pruning Roses

Right will do that in the spring then and guard against root rock now. Thats me sorted,thanks a lot Fran.
    Right will do that in the spring then and guard against root rock now. Thats me sorted,thanks a lot Fran.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Michelle B

Purple Roses

Rhapsody in Blue is also available at Wisley garden Centre, which is located within the grounds of Wisley gardens. The rose itself is also a feature they have in their rose garden. And has a...
    Rhapsody in Blue is also available at Wisley garden Centre, which is located within the grounds of Wisley gardens. The rose itself is also a feature they have in their rose garden. And has a lovely fragrant to it.
    Rhapsody in Blue is also available at Wisley garden Centre, which is located within the grounds of Wisley gardens. The rose itself is also a feature they have in their rose garden. And has a lovely fragrant to it.
    Rhapsody in Blue is also available at Wisley garden Centre, which is located within the grounds of Wisley gardens. The rose itself is also a feature they have in their rose garden. And has a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Rob

black spot on roses

Thanks for taking the time to reply.I was under the impression that black spot was a bad thing in a garden but I shall save it from the chop and continue training it along the fence. I'm going...
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.I was under the impression that black spot was a bad thing in a garden but I shall save it from the chop and continue training it along the fence. I'm going to keep it sprayed, and I'm going to give the seeds a go now.Thanks for bringing me up to speedRob
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.I was under the impression that black spot was a bad thing in a garden but I shall save it from the chop and continue training it along the fence. I'm going to keep it sprayed, and I'm going to give the seeds...
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.I was under the impression that black spot was a bad thing in a garden but I shall save it from the chop and continue training it along the fence. I'm going...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shell

Climbing rose that won't flower.

Hi Shell. Like you i planted two new climbing roses in the spring. One has grown three qaurters up the rose arch and hasn'nt flowered.The other has hardley reached the second rung of the arch, and...
    Hi Shell. Like you i planted two new climbing roses in the spring. One has grown three qaurters up the rose arch and hasn'nt flowered.The other has hardley reached the second rung of the arch, and bore three huge roses, but only one at a time.
    Hi Shell. Like you i planted two new climbing roses in the spring. One has grown three qaurters up the rose arch and hasn'nt flowered.The other has hardley reached the second rung of the arch, and bore three huge roses, but only one at a time.
    Hi Shell. Like you i planted two new climbing roses in the spring. One has grown three qaurters up the rose arch and hasn'nt flowered.The other has hardley reached the second rung of the arch, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. gypangel

propogating roses - too late?

there is a good article in gardeners world magazine about propagating roses it seems easy to do, good luck
    there is a good article in gardeners world magazine about propagating roses it seems easy to do, good luck
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Grottybags

Roses - Suckers?

Cheers Fran - I will probably post a pic tomorrow but at the base of my plant just above the root, there are three main stems so to speak shooting up and all are of an equal size really. Should...
    Cheers Fran - I will probably post a pic tomorrow but at the base of my plant just above the root, there are three main stems so to speak shooting up and all are of an equal size really. Should two of them have been torn off when they started growing months ago?And can you recommend any...
    Cheers Fran - I will probably post a pic tomorrow but at the base of my plant just above the root, there are three main stems so to speak shooting up and all are of an equal size really. Should two of them have been torn off when they started...
    Cheers Fran - I will probably post a pic tomorrow but at the base of my plant just above the root, there are three main stems so to speak shooting up and all are of an equal size really. Should...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. gypangel

Roses

Hi gypangel, Moving well established roses can be difficult work. How big are they? What type? I moved one a couple of years ago, an old floribunda. I pruned it back first, not too hard at this...
    Hi gypangel, Moving well established roses can be difficult work. How big are they? What type? I moved one a couple of years ago, an old floribunda. I pruned it back first, not too hard at this time of year. It was very hard as it turned out as they have the most fantastic roots. Ended up with...
    Hi gypangel, Moving well established roses can be difficult work. How big are they? What type? I moved one a couple of years ago, an old floribunda. I pruned it back first, not too hard at this time of year. It was very hard as it turned out as...
    Hi gypangel, Moving well established roses can be difficult work. How big are they? What type? I moved one a couple of years ago, an old floribunda. I pruned it back first, not too hard at this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. loganlea

Moving Roses

Depends kinda how "established". Roses tend to have long tap roots, but its doable, witness planting bare root roses, but as I haven't tried it!!! can' t vouch for it, - but as long as its late in...
    Depends kinda how "established". Roses tend to have long tap roots, but its doable, witness planting bare root roses, but as I haven't tried it!!! can' t vouch for it, - but as long as its late in the season you take as much root ball as possible and plant in a well prepared hole with as little...
    Depends kinda how "established". Roses tend to have long tap roots, but its doable, witness planting bare root roses, but as I haven't tried it!!! can' t vouch for it, - but as long as its late in the season you take as much root ball as possible...
    Depends kinda how "established". Roses tend to have long tap roots, but its doable, witness planting bare root roses, but as I haven't tried it!!! can' t vouch for it, - but as long as its late in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. kat

Roses

Does it look anything like this?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. steve b

Climbing Roses

thanks a lot for the info Bayleaf,
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paladin

Climbing Rose

hi Paladin ...you can just cut an odd stem, just above a notch, to encourage branching out and you will get more flowers later, just do an odd one and more later, you can get continous flowers...
    hi Paladin ...you can just cut an odd stem, just above a notch, to encourage branching out and you will get more flowers later, just do an odd one and more later, you can get continous flowers right to frost from each stem, but feed on rosefood all Summer.. ----------- Ladybird
    hi Paladin ...you can just cut an odd stem, just above a notch, to encourage branching out and you will get more flowers later, just do an odd one and more later, you can get continous flowers right to frost from each stem, but feed on...
    hi Paladin ...you can just cut an odd stem, just above a notch, to encourage branching out and you will get more flowers later, just do an odd one and more later, you can get continous flowers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Charlie

What is the Ideal soil for Roses

Rosietu, one of the reasons I would not want the sandy loam my father gardened on. Clay may be a swine to cultivate, and condition - but it is great for growing.Well done you, for getting...
    Rosietu, one of the reasons I would not want the sandy loam my father gardened on. Clay may be a swine to cultivate, and condition - but it is great for growing.Well done you, for getting blooms from October planted roses - give em a few years, and I betcha they find meatier ground below the...
    Rosietu, one of the reasons I would not want the sandy loam my father gardened on. Clay may be a swine to cultivate, and condition - but it is great for growing.Well done you, for getting blooms from October planted roses - give em a few...
    Rosietu, one of the reasons I would not want the sandy loam my father gardened on. Clay may be a swine to cultivate, and condition - but it is great for growing.Well done you, for getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Charlie

Critters on my rose leaves - Photos

This is a good site for help with pests Charliehttp://www.garden-care.org.uk/GardenCare/default.asp
    This is a good site for help with pests Charliehttp://www.garden-care.org.uk/GardenCare/default.asp
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Charlie

Discoloured rose leaves - what is it.

:D Hi charlie mean't to say mention it when you go to garden cetre. Next trip maybe, if no one comes uo with anything. I did wonder about earwigs though, they are s**s. :confused: [ 20. June 2005,...
    :D Hi charlie mean't to say mention it when you go to garden cetre. Next trip maybe, if no one comes uo with anything. I did wonder about earwigs though, they are s**s. :confused: [ 20. June 2005, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    :D Hi charlie mean't to say mention it when you go to garden cetre. Next trip maybe, if no one comes uo with anything. I did wonder about earwigs though, they are s**s. :confused: [ 20. June 2005, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    :D Hi charlie mean't to say mention it when you go to garden cetre. Next trip maybe, if no one comes uo with anything. I did wonder about earwigs though, they are s**s. :confused: [ 20. June 2005,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Charlie

Beginner to roses need help

Hi Mrs Cloudy, Yes I do have good drainage holes. I actually now believe I've been watering just that bit too much. I'm going to slacken off now. Any help on week by week care ie when do I feed...
    Hi Mrs Cloudy, Yes I do have good drainage holes. I actually now believe I've been watering just that bit too much. I'm going to slacken off now. Any help on week by week care ie when do I feed and what with? Thanks for the advice Charlie
    Hi Mrs Cloudy, Yes I do have good drainage holes. I actually now believe I've been watering just that bit too much. I'm going to slacken off now. Any help on week by week care ie when do I feed and what with? Thanks for the advice Charlie
    Hi Mrs Cloudy, Yes I do have good drainage holes. I actually now believe I've been watering just that bit too much. I'm going to slacken off now. Any help on week by week care ie when do I feed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. alisonfan

Rose hedge

Depends on if the rosa rugosas were grafted stock, if they were then no, or at least not the rose your growing, possibly briar stock (tear the suckers off rather than cutting them back), if not...
    Depends on if the rosa rugosas were grafted stock, if they were then no, or at least not the rose your growing, possibly briar stock (tear the suckers off rather than cutting them back), if not then possibly yes. But be warned, I have a rose rugosas grown from a cutting by a friend and the...
    Depends on if the rosa rugosas were grafted stock, if they were then no, or at least not the rose your growing, possibly briar stock (tear the suckers off rather than cutting them back), if not then possibly yes. But be warned, I have a rose...
    Depends on if the rosa rugosas were grafted stock, if they were then no, or at least not the rose your growing, possibly briar stock (tear the suckers off rather than cutting them back), if not...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice