1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. elliegreenwellie

Pruning Rambling & Climbing Roses

Cheers Mike!
    Cheers Mike!
    Cheers Mike!
    Cheers Mike!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sarah_999

T'other half's roses!

Sarah 999, fantastic pics to say the least!! Good to see that the guys on GC have been offering you help. Please give us more pics to view! Kind regards Royster
    Sarah 999, fantastic pics to say the least!! Good to see that the guys on GC have been offering you help. Please give us more pics to view! Kind regards Royster
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sarah_999

My first rose!

That's a lovely colour Mef750! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jjordie

A rose by any name ?

Good identification site Mike - I shall save that link for future use.WOO roses all in full bloom now and smelling really great.
    Good identification site Mike - I shall save that link for future use.WOO roses all in full bloom now and smelling really great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lelly

Climbing Rose covered in black fly

Another vote for Provado from me. If you're so heavily infested, then L-birds larva and H-fly larva can't control them. After using it, use the sprays and soap to keep the little Bxxxxxs off, hope...
    Another vote for Provado from me. If you're so heavily infested, then L-birds larva and H-fly larva can't control them. After using it, use the sprays and soap to keep the little Bxxxxxs off, hope something works!
    Another vote for Provado from me. If you're so heavily infested, then L-birds larva and H-fly larva can't control them. After using it, use the sprays and soap to keep the little Bxxxxxs off, hope something works!
    Another vote for Provado from me. If you're so heavily infested, then L-birds larva and H-fly larva can't control them. After using it, use the sprays and soap to keep the little Bxxxxxs off, hope...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

White Rose

Hi Woo,it says in my rose book it is almost thornless,there is a climbing variety as well as the usual one
    Hi Woo,it says in my rose book it is almost thornless,there is a climbing variety as well as the usual one
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. oktarine

Save a rose ?

Very resilient, looks great now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dorsetmike

Roses and Foxgloves incompatible???

I've never heard of a problem with these plants being near each other, Mike - think it's just that your o/h wants rid of the foxgloves! ;)
    I've never heard of a problem with these plants being near each other, Mike - think it's just that your o/h wants rid of the foxgloves! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Small orange giraffe

How to plant roses?

thanks mike i will and let you know how i get on
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. UsedtobeDendy

The Gardens of the Rose are re-opening soon!

Hi Jean, the list in GW has the nearest to you as being Haddon Hall, in Derbyshire near Bakewell, I would guess that's stretching 2 hours driving.A quick Google does not reveal much either,...
    Hi Jean, the list in GW has the nearest to you as being Haddon Hall, in Derbyshire near Bakewell, I would guess that's stretching 2 hours driving.A quick Google does not reveal much either, Castle Howard near York or the David Austin rose gardens on the Shropshire/Staffordshire border at...
    Hi Jean, the list in GW has the nearest to you as being Haddon Hall, in Derbyshire near Bakewell, I would guess that's stretching 2 hours driving.A quick Google does not reveal much either, Castle Howard near York or the David Austin rose...
    Hi Jean, the list in GW has the nearest to you as being Haddon Hall, in Derbyshire near Bakewell, I would guess that's stretching 2 hours driving.A quick Google does not reveal much either,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Dorsetmike

Sites to search for roses.

This one might be of some use - it has a section on Rose Varietieshttp://www.rosegardeningsuccess.com/Take carePaul
    This one might be of some use - it has a section on Rose Varietieshttp://www.rosegardeningsuccess.com/Take carePaul
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Cothey

7 or 5

Evening, Cothey.We bought there in 1999 I think it was, sold this past December. We had a wonderful apartment in Westfield Mansion (King William IV and Queen Adelaide's summer home). We had a...
    Evening, Cothey.We bought there in 1999 I think it was, sold this past December. We had a wonderful apartment in Westfield Mansion (King William IV and Queen Adelaide's summer home). We had a verandah one looking over the lawns to the sea on the cliff edge. Exquisite. I'll always miss...
    Evening, Cothey.We bought there in 1999 I think it was, sold this past December. We had a wonderful apartment in Westfield Mansion (King William IV and Queen Adelaide's summer home). We had a verandah one looking over the lawns to the sea on...
    Evening, Cothey.We bought there in 1999 I think it was, sold this past December. We had a wonderful apartment in Westfield Mansion (King William IV and Queen Adelaide's summer home). We had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. compost maker

Will North facing roses thrive in the sun

Got it in one!
    Got it in one!
    Got it in one!
    Got it in one!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Liz

Rose buds

I agree. I think one of the reasons is that Warminster is several hundred feet above sea level. Also the ones mentioned were only planted last Spring.
    I agree. I think one of the reasons is that Warminster is several hundred feet above sea level. Also the ones mentioned were only planted last Spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. compost maker

What to mix with Wisteria? Roses?

Thanks. I have this rose ready to plant but it says a north wall is best and this is in full sun. Will that matter. Also do you let them mingle togoether or keep them seperate?
    Thanks. I have this rose ready to plant but it says a north wall is best and this is in full sun. Will that matter. Also do you let them mingle togoether or keep them seperate?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Hornbeam

When do you prune your roses?

Hi ggnom, your "pigs" sound like "suckers". Follow them down to the base of the plant, they will be shooting from below the graft level, twist them off from there. If you cut them, they'll just...
    Hi ggnom, your "pigs" sound like "suckers". Follow them down to the base of the plant, they will be shooting from below the graft level, twist them off from there. If you cut them, they'll just throw off more shoots. I prune the same as BM but the last prune is mid March. I did that thie year...
    Hi ggnom, your "pigs" sound like "suckers". Follow them down to the base of the plant, they will be shooting from below the graft level, twist them off from there. If you cut them, they'll just throw off more shoots. I prune the same as BM but...
    Hi ggnom, your "pigs" sound like "suckers". Follow them down to the base of the plant, they will be shooting from below the graft level, twist them off from there. If you cut them, they'll just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dorsetmike

Mottisfont Abbey rose garden

That looks good there Dorsetmike! The New Forest is my very favourite place in the world! I am in S Somerset so not too far from you - we come to Poole and Bournmouth quite often Thanks for...
    That looks good there Dorsetmike! The New Forest is my very favourite place in the world! I am in S Somerset so not too far from you - we come to Poole and Bournmouth quite often Thanks for the link
    That looks good there Dorsetmike! The New Forest is my very favourite place in the world! I am in S Somerset so not too far from you - we come to Poole and Bournmouth quite often Thanks for the link
    That looks good there Dorsetmike! The New Forest is my very favourite place in the world! I am in S Somerset so not too far from you - we come to Poole and Bournmouth quite often Thanks for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Small orange giraffe

How fast do climbing roses grow?

The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your...
    The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your chance.Cheers MIKE
    The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your chance.Cheers MIKE
    The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wyldeflower

Dog Rose

what a nice photo wf, nice colour pink
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. starflower

Which rose is best

Thank you, I'm glad you liked them - I was slow to like roses, but they "grewed" on me :D and I now have a fair number, including some of the "rescued" roses from Pal. I grow them amongst...
    Thank you, I'm glad you liked them - I was slow to like roses, but they "grewed" on me :D and I now have a fair number, including some of the "rescued" roses from Pal. I grow them amongst other plants in the main - because of course they are thoroughly boring over winter and early spring....
    Thank you, I'm glad you liked them - I was slow to like roses, but they "grewed" on me :D and I now have a fair number, including some of the "rescued" roses from Pal. I grow them amongst other plants in the main - because of course they are...
    Thank you, I'm glad you liked them - I was slow to like roses, but they "grewed" on me :D and I now have a fair number, including some of the "rescued" roses from Pal. I grow them amongst...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice