Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Beefy
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Trux

Pruning Roses (and other stuff)

You lot have given me real hope! I like the chicken sh.... (oops mustn't say that) idea. The hedge trimmer sounds good too. Many thanks for ALL of the advice. I will let you know later in the...
    You lot have given me real hope! I like the chicken sh.... (oops mustn't say that) idea. The hedge trimmer sounds good too. Many thanks for ALL of the advice. I will let you know later in the year. I have five Granpa Dixon that excelled the first year before joining the rest in gangling.
    You lot have given me real hope! I like the chicken sh.... (oops mustn't say that) idea. The hedge trimmer sounds good too. Many thanks for ALL of the advice. I will let you know later in the year. I have five Granpa Dixon that excelled the...
    You lot have given me real hope! I like the chicken sh.... (oops mustn't say that) idea. The hedge trimmer sounds good too. Many thanks for ALL of the advice. I will let you know later in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Celia

rose cuttings

Fingers crossed, Celia!
    Fingers crossed, Celia!
    Fingers crossed, Celia!
    Fingers crossed, Celia!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria

Rose ID Please

Hi Lol Yes they are mating now ,Very noisy relations Owls are always in Puppy love,it goes with our Puppy Fat :D Cats definitely enjoy Puppy love.
    Hi Lol Yes they are mating now ,Very noisy relations Owls are always in Puppy love,it goes with our Puppy Fat :D Cats definitely enjoy Puppy love.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Stingo

How to tie in a cllimbing rose?

some advice...http://www.bakker.co.uk/Garden/Article.aspx?article=488
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl

What Rose

Oh Yes! Looks like another Rose bed,Not much lawn left now.Thanks Walnut,Compostee :D [ 08. February 2007, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: wiseoldowl ]
    Oh Yes! Looks like another Rose bed,Not much lawn left now.Thanks Walnut,Compostee :D [ 08. February 2007, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: wiseoldowl ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. brianj

minature roses

BrianJ -- Please don't spray. All you are doing is wasting money and soaking your plant and soil with poison.Nothing is eating your roses. It is winter and all roses are deciduous and ...
    BrianJ -- Please don't spray. All you are doing is wasting money and soaking your plant and soil with poison.Nothing is eating your roses. It is winter and all roses are deciduous and lose their leaves in the autumn. This mild autumn/winter has made the leaves last longer than...
    BrianJ -- Please don't spray. All you are doing is wasting money and soaking your plant and soil with poison.Nothing is eating your roses. It is winter and all roses are deciduous and lose their leaves in the autumn. This mild...
    BrianJ -- Please don't spray. All you are doing is wasting money and soaking your plant and soil with poison.Nothing is eating your roses. It is winter and all roses are deciduous and ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Black Cat

Bare Root Lost Label Roses

AllThanks for the replies - the ones for mum were not an xmas present just paying her back for the amount of plants I have got from her over the past few years!!
    AllThanks for the replies - the ones for mum were not an xmas present just paying her back for the amount of plants I have got from her over the past few years!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NIGEL.B

Pruning climbing roses

Hi,Thanks dendrobium,I think I will give it a go next weekend.Happy xmas Nigel
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria

Roses, positioning of

Hi, wiseoldowl, and thank you for that input.I love my Oranges and Lemons (I think ID'd for me by Liz?) such a heady scent, more beautiful in bud than full bloom and it is a "blousy"...
    Hi, wiseoldowl, and thank you for that input.I love my Oranges and Lemons (I think ID'd for me by Liz?) such a heady scent, more beautiful in bud than full bloom and it is a "blousy" flower.Sunseeker has a lovely bud but opens fully to an open flower. Sweetly scented. Another from B&Q, as...
    Hi, wiseoldowl, and thank you for that input.I love my Oranges and Lemons (I think ID'd for me by Liz?) such a heady scent, more beautiful in bud than full bloom and it is a "blousy" flower.Sunseeker has a lovely bud but opens fully to an...
    Hi, wiseoldowl, and thank you for that input.I love my Oranges and Lemons (I think ID'd for me by Liz?) such a heady scent, more beautiful in bud than full bloom and it is a "blousy"...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. stupidgrinner

Have I planted the wrong rose?

Yes be patient. I got Iceberg, and so has my neighbour. It will need a couple of seasons to get going, and will continue to get better each year.As I recall, this is Iceberg in Sissinghursts...
    Yes be patient. I got Iceberg, and so has my neighbour. It will need a couple of seasons to get going, and will continue to get better each year.As I recall, this is Iceberg in Sissinghursts White Garden, though I could be wrong.
    Yes be patient. I got Iceberg, and so has my neighbour. It will need a couple of seasons to get going, and will continue to get better each year.As I recall, this is Iceberg in Sissinghursts White Garden, though I could be wrong.
    Yes be patient. I got Iceberg, and so has my neighbour. It will need a couple of seasons to get going, and will continue to get better each year.As I recall, this is Iceberg in Sissinghursts...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Liz

Two roses

I do have deep secret. It is a deep read colour with a classic scent and it is my favourite of the roses I grow. I'm growing on heavy clay soil and feeding teice yearly with Toprose. The bush...
    I do have deep secret. It is a deep read colour with a classic scent and it is my favourite of the roses I grow. I'm growing on heavy clay soil and feeding teice yearly with Toprose. The bush coped very well with the drought this year and is still producing new flowers. With a bit of judicious...
    I do have deep secret. It is a deep read colour with a classic scent and it is my favourite of the roses I grow. I'm growing on heavy clay soil and feeding teice yearly with Toprose. The bush coped very well with the drought this year and is...
    I do have deep secret. It is a deep read colour with a classic scent and it is my favourite of the roses I grow. I'm growing on heavy clay soil and feeding teice yearly with Toprose. The bush...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Hornbeam

Rose feeds

Ours gets stuffed into a 10 gallon screw-top polythene container. No pong. Until one takes the cap off, that is! A one metre square bed of comfrey and water from the water butt draining the GH...
    Ours gets stuffed into a 10 gallon screw-top polythene container. No pong. Until one takes the cap off, that is! A one metre square bed of comfrey and water from the water butt draining the GH roof has kept me going in liquid feed for roses, flowers and veg nearly all summer.
    Ours gets stuffed into a 10 gallon screw-top polythene container. No pong. Until one takes the cap off, that is! A one metre square bed of comfrey and water from the water butt draining the GH roof has kept me going in liquid feed for roses,...
    Ours gets stuffed into a 10 gallon screw-top polythene container. No pong. Until one takes the cap off, that is! A one metre square bed of comfrey and water from the water butt draining the GH...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Celia

unknown roses

Could well be - I had that happen in one flower, but the different flowers were totally different, and had no scent, whereas the originals had a lovely strong scent...I was advised to try to...
    Could well be - I had that happen in one flower, but the different flowers were totally different, and had no scent, whereas the originals had a lovely strong scent...I was advised to try to take cuttings of the possible sport - why don't you try that? And have your very own rose, and name it...
    Could well be - I had that happen in one flower, but the different flowers were totally different, and had no scent, whereas the originals had a lovely strong scent...I was advised to try to take cuttings of the possible sport - why don't you...
    Could well be - I had that happen in one flower, but the different flowers were totally different, and had no scent, whereas the originals had a lovely strong scent...I was advised to try to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sparkle

rosemary cuttings

Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a...
    Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a try. It can only fail... :rolleyes:
    Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a try. It can only fail... :rolleyes:
    Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. rosa

roses odd colours

well i would of said yes to them being dyed but i have had 3 buds and each were peach its these last 4 that have flowered to this green shade.
    well i would of said yes to them being dyed but i have had 3 buds and each were peach its these last 4 that have flowered to this green shade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Fran

Rescued Roses Identification

Beautiful - the nearest I would find on a quick search was Woburn Abbeyhttp://www.pbase.com/yvonneii/roses_3&page=4but its not totally right.
    Beautiful - the nearest I would find on a quick search was Woburn Abbeyhttp://www.pbase.com/yvonneii/roses_3&page=4but its not totally right.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Deadheading Roses

Sad not to have a scent, most of his have , and I must admit, I much prefer roses with scent- though the range of scent is surprising.
    Sad not to have a scent, most of his have , and I must admit, I much prefer roses with scent- though the range of scent is surprising.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sladedee

rose cuttings

Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too...
    Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too soon). The undisturbed ones in the ground though are doing great, about 1/2 rooted and this is some of...
    Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too soon). The undisturbed ones in the ground though are...
    Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Liz

Caterpillars on rose

All I got was sorry the Gallery is switched off while they update the software..Hey Ho have to wait til after the holiday I suppose, thanks any way.
    All I got was sorry the Gallery is switched off while they update the software..Hey Ho have to wait til after the holiday I suppose, thanks any way.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice