1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. sparkle

rosemary cuttings

Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a...
    Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a try. It can only fail... :rolleyes:
    Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a try. It can only fail... :rolleyes:
    Here's what the RHS has to say...http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0804/lavenderrosemarycuttings.aspenjoy!!! :DIf your plant is in the sort of condition they describe, I'd give it a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. rosa

roses odd colours

well i would of said yes to them being dyed but i have had 3 buds and each were peach its these last 4 that have flowered to this green shade.
    well i would of said yes to them being dyed but i have had 3 buds and each were peach its these last 4 that have flowered to this green shade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fran

Rescued Roses Identification

Beautiful - the nearest I would find on a quick search was Woburn Abbeyhttp://www.pbase.com/yvonneii/roses_3&page=4but its not totally right.
    Beautiful - the nearest I would find on a quick search was Woburn Abbeyhttp://www.pbase.com/yvonneii/roses_3&page=4but its not totally right.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Victoria

Deadheading Roses

Sad not to have a scent, most of his have , and I must admit, I much prefer roses with scent- though the range of scent is surprising.
    Sad not to have a scent, most of his have , and I must admit, I much prefer roses with scent- though the range of scent is surprising.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sladedee

rose cuttings

Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too...
    Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too soon). The undisturbed ones in the ground though are doing great, about 1/2 rooted and this is some of...
    Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too soon). The undisturbed ones in the ground though are...
    Just to update this topic:The potted cuttings didn't perform too well and I only have one come through. I just hope my solitary red one survives (my fault as I tried to plant them out far too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Liz

Caterpillars on rose

All I got was sorry the Gallery is switched off while they update the software..Hey Ho have to wait til after the holiday I suppose, thanks any way.
    All I got was sorry the Gallery is switched off while they update the software..Hey Ho have to wait til after the holiday I suppose, thanks any way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Royster

roses for the organic gardener

Thanks Jazid, I'll just pop over to wildflowers right now! All the best Roy
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Liz

Rose book

Thanks for the descriptions of the books Liz - I was thinking of getting a rose book, but from the sound of it I will need two :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the descriptions of the books Liz - I was thinking of getting a rose book, but from the sound of it I will need two :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Black Cat

Second stem on standard rose

Thanks for that, i will have a look at the plant when the rain stops...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. flowergirl

Why would a rose plant change colour

I have a rose that comes out a deep red in early summer. Later - like now - it flowers again. This time the flowers are smaller and much lighter in colour. Dunno why, perhaps it just gets a bit...
    I have a rose that comes out a deep red in early summer. Later - like now - it flowers again. This time the flowers are smaller and much lighter in colour. Dunno why, perhaps it just gets a bit tired ;)
    I have a rose that comes out a deep red in early summer. Later - like now - it flowers again. This time the flowers are smaller and much lighter in colour. Dunno why, perhaps it just gets a bit tired ;)
    I have a rose that comes out a deep red in early summer. Later - like now - it flowers again. This time the flowers are smaller and much lighter in colour. Dunno why, perhaps it just gets a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Black Cat

Standard Rose

If you plant chives near your roses, this is should reduce the risk of blockspot and is also supposed to deter aphids! ;)
    If you plant chives near your roses, this is should reduce the risk of blockspot and is also supposed to deter aphids! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Stingo

My first ever rose

superb
    superb
    superb
    superb
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. papajo

Dublin bay rose

I pruned back the roses really hard this year, thought I had lost one of them but on Wednesday last week I noticed that it had finally decided to get going. It was nearly dug up to! :rolleyes:
    I pruned back the roses really hard this year, thought I had lost one of them but on Wednesday last week I noticed that it had finally decided to get going. It was nearly dug up to! :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jazid

Roses coming out!!

I love Sharifa Asma, it's so pretty think I may try that one too :DAlso love Handel Liz, lets hope it picks up.
    I love Sharifa Asma, it's so pretty think I may try that one too :DAlso love Handel Liz, lets hope it picks up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. The Pea Of Sweetness

Dead heading Roses

Also we should point out a fair few roses produce lovely hips, so at least leave a few on the plant to find out if you are lucky in this respect.
    Also we should point out a fair few roses produce lovely hips, so at least leave a few on the plant to find out if you are lucky in this respect.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. marge

My cheap little rose

I think yours is just as pretty Liz - I think mines a bit of a ground cover rose - its hanging over the edge of my wall! Its not going to be very big though Im all for freebies
    I think yours is just as pretty Liz - I think mines a bit of a ground cover rose - its hanging over the edge of my wall! Its not going to be very big though Im all for freebies
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. T

Rambling Rose

Lovely Paladin - can just smell them mmmmmmm
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rich

Bottle top roses

I like them for seed trays, where I use tap water as advised here, but it's true that water from the butts clogs them up. I'm always losing them so like to have a variety at hand!
    I like them for seed trays, where I use tap water as advised here, but it's true that water from the butts clogs them up. I'm always losing them so like to have a variety at hand!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jonnie Compost

Rose Clear 3 and Others

The highest risk to bees is when roses are in bloom. At any time, you will also be killing ladybirds and lacewings which eat greenfly. Blue tits and other birds eat greenfly too. There is no...
    The highest risk to bees is when roses are in bloom. At any time, you will also be killing ladybirds and lacewings which eat greenfly. Blue tits and other birds eat greenfly too. There is no safe insect spray. All will kill friends and foes alike. There is no need to spray with anything other...
    The highest risk to bees is when roses are in bloom. At any time, you will also be killing ladybirds and lacewings which eat greenfly. Blue tits and other birds eat greenfly too. There is no safe insect spray. All will kill friends and foes...
    The highest risk to bees is when roses are in bloom. At any time, you will also be killing ladybirds and lacewings which eat greenfly. Blue tits and other birds eat greenfly too. There is no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. duckyjuk

peace rose

you can take cuttings from any rose, but they don't have a high strike. I have only had much success with climbers, for some reason see http://www.rosemagazine.com/pages/propagating.asp and good...
    you can take cuttings from any rose, but they don't have a high strike. I have only had much success with climbers, for some reason see http://www.rosemagazine.com/pages/propagating.asp and good luck!
    you can take cuttings from any rose, but they don't have a high strike. I have only had much success with climbers, for some reason see http://www.rosemagazine.com/pages/propagating.asp and good luck!
    you can take cuttings from any rose, but they don't have a high strike. I have only had much success with climbers, for some reason see http://www.rosemagazine.com/pages/propagating.asp and good...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice