Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. stumorphmac

Unknown rose

having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not...
    having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not impressed with it at present
    having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not impressed with it at present
    having recently moved I have this rose which was neglected so pruned it and has now lots of growth and a few flowers appearing It’s about 7-8 feet high any ideas would be welcome I am not...
    28A5E1A5-8EE9-4989-86C9-3A1AA20DDCAA.jpeg FBE9592B-7B48-459C-BBF6-CF7D87AD5C31.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. fred88

Pest or Disease?

Good evening @Yana my friend no worries if you any more question at anytime just ask ,enjoy your eveningHere is a link to a thread that might help you my friendROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc
    Good evening @Yana my friend no worries if you any more question at anytime just ask ,enjoy your eveningHere is a link to a thread that might help you my friendROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Selleri

Iceberg climbing over obelisk- training help please

I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom...
    I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom as our office is quite big and the guys receive(d) dozens of parcels every day.Judging by the...
    I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom as our office is quite big and the guys...
    I ordered the rose online and it arrived promptly into my office, carefully labelled as Climbing Iceberg but failing to have my name on the parcel. This caused some head scratching in the mailroom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gn0me

Possible to plant a rose display of some sort....quickly?

Sounds like you have some great ideasGardening is addictiveI personally would NOT put a rose in that small space where the other climber is growingBear in mind, there are many types of roses...
    Sounds like you have some great ideasGardening is addictiveI personally would NOT put a rose in that small space where the other climber is growingBear in mind, there are many types of roses and if you are keen on getting a beautiful rose, then you can get roses that are compact enough to...
    Sounds like you have some great ideasGardening is addictiveI personally would NOT put a rose in that small space where the other climber is growingBear in mind, there are many types of roses and if you are keen on getting a beautiful rose,...
    Sounds like you have some great ideasGardening is addictiveI personally would NOT put a rose in that small space where the other climber is growingBear in mind, there are many types of roses...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sheryll

Sad Roses

Just thought I’d update on the war with the black spot! So I cut the roses back hard and sprayed the hydrogen peroxide mix (I think about 4 sprays in total) to kill any lurking spores. I’m now...
    Just thought I’d update on the war with the black spot! So I cut the roses back hard and sprayed the hydrogen peroxide mix (I think about 4 sprays in total) to kill any lurking spores. I’m now spraying weekly with a milk/bacarb soda/garlic water mix to hopefully try to prevent an outbreak. The...
    Just thought I’d update on the war with the black spot! So I cut the roses back hard and sprayed the hydrogen peroxide mix (I think about 4 sprays in total) to kill any lurking spores. I’m now spraying weekly with a milk/bacarb soda/garlic water...
    Just thought I’d update on the war with the black spot! So I cut the roses back hard and sprayed the hydrogen peroxide mix (I think about 4 sprays in total) to kill any lurking spores. I’m now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Shyamalie Satkunanandan

Identification and major pruning help neeed

Hello and thank you @Victoria! Sorry I missed your post before. I've replied to you properly in the intro thread I started last year. I haven't moved the earth - but I think I've made some decent...
    Hello and thank you @Victoria! Sorry I missed your post before. I've replied to you properly in the intro thread I started last year. I haven't moved the earth - but I think I've made some decent progress.
    Hello and thank you @Victoria! Sorry I missed your post before. I've replied to you properly in the intro thread I started last year. I haven't moved the earth - but I think I've made some decent progress.
    Hello and thank you @Victoria! Sorry I missed your post before. I've replied to you properly in the intro thread I started last year. I haven't moved the earth - but I think I've made some decent...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Ian....

Monte Carlo red rose

Hi all, Sorry,this is a long shot. I’m not a gardener but I am after some advice concerning a “Monte Carlo red rose” bush. Like I said I’m not a gardener but this is on behalf of my farther in law...
    Hi all, Sorry,this is a long shot. I’m not a gardener but I am after some advice concerning a “Monte Carlo red rose” bush. Like I said I’m not a gardener but this is on behalf of my farther in law whose wife passed recently. He had the rose display via a florist for his wife’s funeral and would...
    Hi all, Sorry,this is a long shot. I’m not a gardener but I am after some advice concerning a “Monte Carlo red rose” bush. Like I said I’m not a gardener but this is on behalf of my farther in law whose wife passed recently. He had the rose...
    Hi all, Sorry,this is a long shot. I’m not a gardener but I am after some advice concerning a “Monte Carlo red rose” bush. Like I said I’m not a gardener but this is on behalf of my farther in law...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Shyamalie Satkunanandan

Great leaning tower of roses

You're more than welcome, Shy:love30::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Chris.T

Which Roses to choose

The big pluses with Chateau de clos Vougeot are the scent and the vigour. It also withstands the sun without fading, which some reds don't. If you're going to plant a potted rose, Chris, you can...
    The big pluses with Chateau de clos Vougeot are the scent and the vigour. It also withstands the sun without fading, which some reds don't. If you're going to plant a potted rose, Chris, you can do that whenever suits you. You might get away with bare-root planting still...(David Austin just for...
    The big pluses with Chateau de clos Vougeot are the scent and the vigour. It also withstands the sun without fading, which some reds don't. If you're going to plant a potted rose, Chris, you can do that whenever suits you. You might get away with...
    The big pluses with Chateau de clos Vougeot are the scent and the vigour. It also withstands the sun without fading, which some reds don't. If you're going to plant a potted rose, Chris, you can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Chris.T

Help, advice needed

Just want to say thanks again to everyone who has given me advice with this. The bricklayer has been round today and said that I can get away with only having the top half of the wall rebuilt and...
    Just want to say thanks again to everyone who has given me advice with this. The bricklayer has been round today and said that I can get away with only having the top half of the wall rebuilt and if I can rope the roses and pull them away then he can work around that with the minimum of fuss. :yes::yay::yahoo:
    Just want to say thanks again to everyone who has given me advice with this. The bricklayer has been round today and said that I can get away with only having the top half of the wall rebuilt and if I can rope the roses and pull them away then he...
    Just want to say thanks again to everyone who has given me advice with this. The bricklayer has been round today and said that I can get away with only having the top half of the wall rebuilt and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mike Allen

Budding/Grafting your roses. Share your experiences.

I tried grafting last year, I got 2 suckers growing from my hybrid teas so I potted them up to grow some roots and they did. So i grafted them and one of them took, grew one stem and...
    I tried grafting last year, I got 2 suckers growing from my hybrid teas so I potted them up to grow some roots and they did. So i grafted them and one of them took, grew one stem and flowered. Never tried cuttings because I always thought that they grow better grafted.
    I tried grafting last year, I got 2 suckers growing from my hybrid teas so I potted them up to grow some roots and they did. So i grafted them and one of them took, grew one stem and flowered. Never tried cuttings because I always thought that...
    I tried grafting last year, I got 2 suckers growing from my hybrid teas so I potted them up to grow some roots and they did. So i grafted them and one of them took, grew one stem and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mike Allen
    Like x 6

Never Too Old To Learn

The hybrid tea roses that I've got hav6 a good scent to them, so they're not all of the same.:)
    The hybrid tea roses that I've got hav6 a good scent to them, so they're not all of the same.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Loofah

Rose remediation

Chopped!
    Chopped!
    Chopped!
    Chopped!
    IMAG5702.jpg IMAG5701.jpg IMAG5700.jpg IMAG5719.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Black Orchid
    Funny x 6

Has anybody tried to grow rose cuttings in potatoes?

I'm quite fortunate that cuttings from her favourite fucshia have taken, actually I've got about 20 pots now (taking no chances) As for the rose, that's much more sentimental, as it's a Woolies...
    I'm quite fortunate that cuttings from her favourite fucshia have taken, actually I've got about 20 pots now (taking no chances) As for the rose, that's much more sentimental, as it's a Woolies rose, she planted in the 60s and I remember that day vividly for some reason. She didn't like it to...
    I'm quite fortunate that cuttings from her favourite fucshia have taken, actually I've got about 20 pots now (taking no chances) As for the rose, that's much more sentimental, as it's a Woolies rose, she planted in the 60s and I remember that...
    I'm quite fortunate that cuttings from her favourite fucshia have taken, actually I've got about 20 pots now (taking no chances) As for the rose, that's much more sentimental, as it's a Woolies...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. weedaway

Help With Rose Problem

Hi Weedaway, well, perhaps for that particular Rose but I hope you can find space for in the garden somewhere as it will give you much more flowers and pleasure if it's happy where it is growing. ...
    Hi Weedaway, well, perhaps for that particular Rose but I hope you can find space for in the garden somewhere as it will give you much more flowers and pleasure if it's happy where it is growing. But, for other Roses, they can keep flowering sometimes up to December!!:dunno::hapydancsmil:
    Hi Weedaway, well, perhaps for that particular Rose but I hope you can find space for in the garden somewhere as it will give you much more flowers and pleasure if it's happy where it is growing. But, for other Roses, they can keep flowering...
    Hi Weedaway, well, perhaps for that particular Rose but I hope you can find space for in the garden somewhere as it will give you much more flowers and pleasure if it's happy where it is growing. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mike Allen

Browsing the Rose Catalogues.

If i ran a nursery I'd consider giving a 5 year warranty on the 15 ltr pots, but i wouldn't give any warranty on the actual plants. Some people would go home shoving their new purchase into a...
    If i ran a nursery I'd consider giving a 5 year warranty on the 15 ltr pots, but i wouldn't give any warranty on the actual plants. Some people would go home shoving their new purchase into a patch of virtual sub soil and then turn up six months later when the poor wretched plant/rose has given...
    If i ran a nursery I'd consider giving a 5 year warranty on the 15 ltr pots, but i wouldn't give any warranty on the actual plants. Some people would go home shoving their new purchase into a patch of virtual sub soil and then turn up six months...
    If i ran a nursery I'd consider giving a 5 year warranty on the 15 ltr pots, but i wouldn't give any warranty on the actual plants. Some people would go home shoving their new purchase into a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Black Orchid

Need advice for my new climbing roses

Thank you all for your recommendations. :yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Black Orchid

How to deal with rose sawflies?

Thank you. I will try to use your advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tabbee

Climbing Rose Not Flowering

I believe that Noisette's advice is spot on, Tabbee. Could I ask if you have been feeding the Rose at all:scratch: Roses are notoriously hungry feeders and will respond rapidly to a weekly feed of a...
    I believe that Noisette's advice is spot on, Tabbee. Could I ask if you have been feeding the Rose at all:scratch: Roses are notoriously hungry feeders and will respond rapidly to a weekly feed of a high Potash fertiliser, say, something like Tomato Feed. I have a 40 year old Rose "King's Ransom"...
    I believe that Noisette's advice is spot on, Tabbee. Could I ask if you have been feeding the Rose at all:scratch: Roses are notoriously hungry feeders and will respond rapidly to a weekly feed of a high Potash fertiliser, say, something like Tomato...
    I believe that Noisette's advice is spot on, Tabbee. Could I ask if you have been feeding the Rose at all:scratch: Roses are notoriously hungry feeders and will respond rapidly to a weekly feed of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Black Orchid
    Like x 10

My roses from Manchester to brighten up your day

Thank you. More new roses for you to enjoy.
    IMG_20200805_202021.jpg IMG_20200805_203140.jpg IMG_20200805_202231.jpg IMG_20200805_203604.jpg IMG_20200805_212021.jpg IMG_20200801_204827.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice