Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ECOSYSTEMS..

Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to increase and more benefits of trees are being...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER PRUNING OF TREES..

The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as little as required in order to grow and produce...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ROOTS..

The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant to the vitality and health of the tree. Also,...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

TREE HEALTH DIAGNOSIS - A SELF HELP GUIDE..

Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as much detail as possible to help in diagnosing any...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. karaman

How to treat mulberry tree?

Mulberries....yummy. The last MOD establishment i workd at, had a very old black mulberry tree in the grounds. During WW2 it was severely damage by fire and the core of the trunk was burned out,...
    Mulberries....yummy. The last MOD establishment i workd at, had a very old black mulberry tree in the grounds. During WW2 it was severely damage by fire and the core of the trunk was burned out, leaving just a shell. The fruits were massive and so so plentiful. I have only ever seen...
    Mulberries....yummy. The last MOD establishment i workd at, had a very old black mulberry tree in the grounds. During WW2 it was severely damage by fire and the core of the trunk was burned out, leaving just a shell. The fruits were massive...
    Mulberries....yummy. The last MOD establishment i workd at, had a very old black mulberry tree in the grounds. During WW2 it was severely damage by fire and the core of the trunk was burned out,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Centime

Re-potted Christmas tree struggling to thrive

Can't really help without a photo, but my initial thoughts are to remove it from the pot and plant it out if possible. And by saying ' but does get watered now and then' that suggests a bit more...
    Can't really help without a photo, but my initial thoughts are to remove it from the pot and plant it out if possible. And by saying ' but does get watered now and then' that suggests a bit more would be a good place to start.:dbgrtmb:
    Can't really help without a photo, but my initial thoughts are to remove it from the pot and plant it out if possible. And by saying ' but does get watered now and then' that suggests a bit more would be a good place to start.:dbgrtmb:
    Can't really help without a photo, but my initial thoughts are to remove it from the pot and plant it out if possible. And by saying ' but does get watered now and then' that suggests a bit more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. alison Westbrook

Small tree for pot in sunny garden

Freddy! behave. you must remember to take your pills . :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Freddy! behave. you must remember to take your pills . :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hoofy

Transporting an acer tree

I planted a small one around 5 years ago. It’s huge now. Going to be a very big tree.It seems to love the sun.
    I planted a small one around 5 years ago. It’s huge now. Going to be a very big tree.It seems to love the sun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Denton Dave

Tree Hollow Fill

I dont think whatever you do it is going to be weather proof, it is afterall a living tree, increasing in size every year, if only very slowly, perhaps.Anything that can absorb water and stay...
    I dont think whatever you do it is going to be weather proof, it is afterall a living tree, increasing in size every year, if only very slowly, perhaps.Anything that can absorb water and stay saturated would in my opinion encourage rot and fungi. Just my thoughtsHaving said that I really...
    I dont think whatever you do it is going to be weather proof, it is afterall a living tree, increasing in size every year, if only very slowly, perhaps.Anything that can absorb water and stay saturated would in my opinion encourage rot and...
    I dont think whatever you do it is going to be weather proof, it is afterall a living tree, increasing in size every year, if only very slowly, perhaps.Anything that can absorb water and stay...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mr. Middleton

Leylandii

Thank you so much Shiney and Verdun, that is exactly the advice I wanted and was more or less what I thought apart from the 6 to 12" you both varied on, so I will opt for 9" (Ooooh,...
    Thank you so much Shiney and Verdun, that is exactly the advice I wanted and was more or less what I thought apart from the 6 to 12" you both varied on, so I will opt for 9" (Ooooh, matron!).That does make sense as you say avoiding a woody stem at the top of the hedge.
    Thank you so much Shiney and Verdun, that is exactly the advice I wanted and was more or less what I thought apart from the 6 to 12" you both varied on, so I will opt for 9" (Ooooh, matron!).That does make sense as you say avoiding a woody stem...
    Thank you so much Shiney and Verdun, that is exactly the advice I wanted and was more or less what I thought apart from the 6 to 12" you both varied on, so I will opt for 9" (Ooooh,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Temmy

Stump removal

not in a hurry to burn our stumps. as we live in a wooded property, have plenty of twigs, limbs, leaves to pile high on it and hit it with a match. then sit with a glass of wine and watch the...
    not in a hurry to burn our stumps. as we live in a wooded property, have plenty of twigs, limbs, leaves to pile high on it and hit it with a match. then sit with a glass of wine and watch the fire. all is good.
    not in a hurry to burn our stumps. as we live in a wooded property, have plenty of twigs, limbs, leaves to pile high on it and hit it with a match. then sit with a glass of wine and watch the fire. all is good.
    not in a hurry to burn our stumps. as we live in a wooded property, have plenty of twigs, limbs, leaves to pile high on it and hit it with a match. then sit with a glass of wine and watch the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nicholas Burman

Japanese plum tree question

There are two huge Loquat trees on the lane in front of my house. I always think the fruit looks diseased!
    There are two huge Loquat trees on the lane in front of my house. I always think the fruit looks diseased!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MarionGarden

Too late to prune hedge?

Hi MG, good to hear you have a bird/wildlife friendly hedge. When it gets more established it may be best to prune it around February time. By then hopefully no birds will be nesting and any...
    Hi MG, good to hear you have a bird/wildlife friendly hedge. When it gets more established it may be best to prune it around February time. By then hopefully no birds will be nesting and any nectar or berries will have been used as food by wildlife. It will also set up the hedge for the new...
    Hi MG, good to hear you have a bird/wildlife friendly hedge. When it gets more established it may be best to prune it around February time. By then hopefully no birds will be nesting and any nectar or berries will have been used as food by...
    Hi MG, good to hear you have a bird/wildlife friendly hedge. When it gets more established it may be best to prune it around February time. By then hopefully no birds will be nesting and any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mark S

Field maple wilting

Yes, it is about ten days since I changed the compost, and it's not showing any signs of life.
    Yes, it is about ten days since I changed the compost, and it's not showing any signs of life.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. antobbo

Loquat tree and how to care for it

Well the main thing is frost free. By that I mean a bit on the cool side but no frost. D So if you have an unheated room with lots of light that might do.
    Well the main thing is frost free. By that I mean a bit on the cool side but no frost. D So if you have an unheated room with lots of light that might do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Who am I?

Cupressus sempervirens.

Leave the trees and get the the phone people to move the cables. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Matthew Holmes

Fruit tree pruning advice

I'm no expert but I believe the apples should be pruned in winter and the cherry and plum in summer during dry weather to minimise the chance of infection.I'm not sure how to best prune to...
    I'm no expert but I believe the apples should be pruned in winter and the cherry and plum in summer during dry weather to minimise the chance of infection.I'm not sure how to best prune to achieve the results you want. I suspect ideally you would have started with trees that were trained as...
    I'm no expert but I believe the apples should be pruned in winter and the cherry and plum in summer during dry weather to minimise the chance of infection.I'm not sure how to best prune to achieve the results you want. I suspect ideally you...
    I'm no expert but I believe the apples should be pruned in winter and the cherry and plum in summer during dry weather to minimise the chance of infection.I'm not sure how to best prune to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jack Sparrow

Poorly crab apple?

Hope you watered before mulching Gary:) and kept trunk clear? A great believer in using generous mulches...lawns too. :)
    Hope you watered before mulching Gary:) and kept trunk clear? A great believer in using generous mulches...lawns too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Fat Controller

Poorly elder

I agree, it's not worth keeping FC.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Eden1

ID this tree please

Agree with Pete and Shiney: Ash seedlings I remove a large number every year, remove as soon as possible or they become very hard to pull out.
    Agree with Pete and Shiney: Ash seedlings I remove a large number every year, remove as soon as possible or they become very hard to pull out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Bfm

Help identifying tree please

I had one when my kids were small - showing them the seeds was a good way to explain to them that you only eat what your parents say are safe! If you get the vossii hybrid you get magnificently...
    I had one when my kids were small - showing them the seeds was a good way to explain to them that you only eat what your parents say are safe! If you get the vossii hybrid you get magnificently long flowers and fewer seeds.
    I had one when my kids were small - showing them the seeds was a good way to explain to them that you only eat what your parents say are safe! If you get the vossii hybrid you get magnificently long flowers and fewer seeds.
    I had one when my kids were small - showing them the seeds was a good way to explain to them that you only eat what your parents say are safe! If you get the vossii hybrid you get magnificently...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Paul Blackburn

What is this Tree

Yes defo a Sycamore just dig it up as soon as possible.. I love trees..... But in the right place....For starters they need a lot of space as they get bigger.. Roots are invasive on...
    Yes defo a Sycamore just dig it up as soon as possible.. I love trees..... But in the right place....For starters they need a lot of space as they get bigger.. Roots are invasive on foundations.. They attract many pests above as well as below ground.. Fungal disease and scale insect are the...
    Yes defo a Sycamore just dig it up as soon as possible.. I love trees..... But in the right place....For starters they need a lot of space as they get bigger.. Roots are invasive on foundations.. They attract many pests above as well as below...
    Yes defo a Sycamore just dig it up as soon as possible.. I love trees..... But in the right place....For starters they need a lot of space as they get bigger.. Roots are invasive on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Gn0me

Was it me or an infest that's causing damage to the tree?

Great! Thanks very much.
    Great! Thanks very much.
    Great! Thanks very much.
    Great! Thanks very much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Freddy

Acre Palmatum ‘Garnet’

I wasn't going to mention it.Anyway, "it's a well known fact," that message boards can add typos or spelling mistakes, between "Preview" and "Post."
    I wasn't going to mention it.Anyway, "it's a well known fact," that message boards can add typos or spelling mistakes, between "Preview" and "Post."
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice