Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ECOSYSTEMS..

Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to increase and more benefits of trees are being...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER PRUNING OF TREES..

The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as little as required in order to grow and produce...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ROOTS..

The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant to the vitality and health of the tree. Also,...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

TREE HEALTH DIAGNOSIS - A SELF HELP GUIDE..

Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as much detail as possible to help in diagnosing any...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. WoolyBack

Damage to nectarines

Yeah, I think earwigs could be the culprit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Daisy Chain

Best place to buy trees?

I know you well enough kind sir! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. FrankH

Ailing Walnut Tree

One of the main culprits for killing of trees quickly is Honey fungus. Once in the soil it can quickly attack other things close by. It sounds to me that it's more likely to be a soil water...
    One of the main culprits for killing of trees quickly is Honey fungus. Once in the soil it can quickly attack other things close by. It sounds to me that it's more likely to be a soil water availability problem that has affected your tree.
    One of the main culprits for killing of trees quickly is Honey fungus. Once in the soil it can quickly attack other things close by. It sounds to me that it's more likely to be a soil water availability problem that has affected your tree.
    One of the main culprits for killing of trees quickly is Honey fungus. Once in the soil it can quickly attack other things close by. It sounds to me that it's more likely to be a soil water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wls09

Can anyone help me germinate Cassia seeds?

Thanks! Much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Webmaster

What are the secrets for propagating conifer cuttings

Bottom heat in a propagator with automatic spraying - easy! Actually got first two above but no spraying! So majority of cuttings are easy but never do coniferous material!! Yet. Cuttings...
    Bottom heat in a propagator with automatic spraying - easy! Actually got first two above but no spraying! So majority of cuttings are easy but never do coniferous material!! Yet. Cuttings generally I take, three at a time in deep cream pots (elm lea) Usually pot up together in larger pot as...
    Bottom heat in a propagator with automatic spraying - easy! Actually got first two above but no spraying! So majority of cuttings are easy but never do coniferous material!! Yet. Cuttings generally I take, three at a time in deep cream pots...
    Bottom heat in a propagator with automatic spraying - easy! Actually got first two above but no spraying! So majority of cuttings are easy but never do coniferous material!! Yet. Cuttings...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Emma Hooker

What tree should I buy?

Peeling Bark Cherry - Prunus Serrula.
    tumblr_pyz1n1rHYL1xlhroxo1_500.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wls09

Has anyone found Robinia Viscosa or Robinia Neomexicana the in UK?

Interesting, I didn't know that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Ding

Help with Katsura issue please

Well, it starts off the year with the leaves looking greeny/gold and then becomes that lovely red and orange that makes it stand out like a Beacon and catches the eyes of visitors. Then, as now,...
    Well, it starts off the year with the leaves looking greeny/gold and then becomes that lovely red and orange that makes it stand out like a Beacon and catches the eyes of visitors. Then, as now, it starts to drop to a pale orange, and still looks good. To be honest, it seems to thrive on being...
    Well, it starts off the year with the leaves looking greeny/gold and then becomes that lovely red and orange that makes it stand out like a Beacon and catches the eyes of visitors. Then, as now, it starts to drop to a pale orange, and still...
    Well, it starts off the year with the leaves looking greeny/gold and then becomes that lovely red and orange that makes it stand out like a Beacon and catches the eyes of visitors. Then, as now,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. yooser 1

Conifer roots length

She must have been talking to my wife! :hate-shocked: :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Ian84

Type of tree

Yup - Prunus padus. Bird cherry.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Archieboy

Magnolia tree pest?

I have this on my peach tree in the greenhouse. Ants seem to look after these creatures. I also scrape them off. I also use a strong mix of a well know washing up liquid to wash the affected...
    I have this on my peach tree in the greenhouse. Ants seem to look after these creatures. I also scrape them off. I also use a strong mix of a well know washing up liquid to wash the affected areas. In my case I use ant powder at the base of the tree. They always seem to come back in my case. But...
    I have this on my peach tree in the greenhouse. Ants seem to look after these creatures. I also scrape them off. I also use a strong mix of a well know washing up liquid to wash the affected areas. In my case I use ant powder at the base of the...
    I have this on my peach tree in the greenhouse. Ants seem to look after these creatures. I also scrape them off. I also use a strong mix of a well know washing up liquid to wash the affected...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JAS

Pruning Apple - Chivers Delight

None of our other apples have these paired branches coming off the trunk. Maybe I've got a dud tree? Will phone Orange Pippin (who I bought it from) and see what they say.
    None of our other apples have these paired branches coming off the trunk. Maybe I've got a dud tree? Will phone Orange Pippin (who I bought it from) and see what they say.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Nicholas Burman

Withering williow

If no new growth I'd guess it was dead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kevin Cowans

When can I trim the branches of a Weeping Cherry

Perfect timing Kevin. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Steveb21

Low maintenace screen tree

Yes, all fairly much like that. How high they grow will depend on the bamboo, of course. Usually it takes them a couple of years to grow to full size.
    Yes, all fairly much like that. How high they grow will depend on the bamboo, of course. Usually it takes them a couple of years to grow to full size.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. karaman

Young pear tree, not a single flower -- why not?

Your welcome :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Robin Byers

How Can I Help My Beloved Magnolia?

It sounds a bit like verticillium wilt. If you chop a bit off and see if there is a brown stain under the bark it might confirm this
    It sounds a bit like verticillium wilt. If you chop a bit off and see if there is a brown stain under the bark it might confirm this
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Steve C

Removing a Cornelian Cherry Dogwood

Hi,We're having to remove an established Cornelian Chetty tree in order to build a garden room above where it is. So far, we've removed most branches and are left with a 4-foot truck (about 1...
    Hi,We're having to remove an established Cornelian Chetty tree in order to build a garden room above where it is. So far, we've removed most branches and are left with a 4-foot truck (about 1 foot diameter). The next thing is to remove that and most of the roots.From reading about this type...
    Hi,We're having to remove an established Cornelian Chetty tree in order to build a garden room above where it is. So far, we've removed most branches and are left with a 4-foot truck (about 1 foot diameter). The next thing is to remove that and...
    Hi,We're having to remove an established Cornelian Chetty tree in order to build a garden room above where it is. So far, we've removed most branches and are left with a 4-foot truck (about 1...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. landimad

Raising canopy of tree

If the canopy is dragging, then we used to raise it after flowering. This would encourage new growth at the top.
    If the canopy is dragging, then we used to raise it after flowering. This would encourage new growth at the top.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. xf8u39

Lemon tree

Do you know what sort of lemon it is? I have a Meyer lemon that lives outside in a pot and only needs to come in on the very coldest nights ( freezing) - it only spent one night indoors all of...
    Do you know what sort of lemon it is? I have a Meyer lemon that lives outside in a pot and only needs to come in on the very coldest nights ( freezing) - it only spent one night indoors all of last winter, though we are a bit of an urban micro climate - and we get fruit off it each year. So a...
    Do you know what sort of lemon it is? I have a Meyer lemon that lives outside in a pot and only needs to come in on the very coldest nights ( freezing) - it only spent one night indoors all of last winter, though we are a bit of an urban micro...
    Do you know what sort of lemon it is? I have a Meyer lemon that lives outside in a pot and only needs to come in on the very coldest nights ( freezing) - it only spent one night indoors all of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice