1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Juicer

Are they trying to kill off the Christmas Tree?

I don't think kittens and christmas trees mix very well. We once had the problem of trying to remove a small kitten from the top of a tree, without knocking it over. And tom cats are inclined to...
    I don't think kittens and christmas trees mix very well. We once had the problem of trying to remove a small kitten from the top of a tree, without knocking it over. And tom cats are inclined to do what they do to the trees in the garden.
    I don't think kittens and christmas trees mix very well. We once had the problem of trying to remove a small kitten from the top of a tree, without knocking it over. And tom cats are inclined to do what they do to the trees in the garden.
    I don't think kittens and christmas trees mix very well. We once had the problem of trying to remove a small kitten from the top of a tree, without knocking it over. And tom cats are inclined to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Greenlady

Bay Trees

my bay tree is out in all weathers and I take soft wood cuttings in the spring and autum. you dont have to leave cuttings in a greenhouse.
    my bay tree is out in all weathers and I take soft wood cuttings in the spring and autum. you dont have to leave cuttings in a greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gogs

Holly

Also I've found its the cheapest variety in the large plant nurseries, so you can buy big!
    Also I've found its the cheapest variety in the large plant nurseries, so you can buy big!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. vngrh1p5

Help! Really strong winds and unstable tree

Eucalyptus are pretty good at growing very fast on top with the roots being slower to get going, the result is a top heavy tree. I have in the past pruned gum trees hard early on to allow the...
    Eucalyptus are pretty good at growing very fast on top with the roots being slower to get going, the result is a top heavy tree. I have in the past pruned gum trees hard early on to allow the roots to catch up, and if you're in a windy area thats probably even more important. A good stake...
    Eucalyptus are pretty good at growing very fast on top with the roots being slower to get going, the result is a top heavy tree. I have in the past pruned gum trees hard early on to allow the roots to catch up, and if you're in a windy area...
    Eucalyptus are pretty good at growing very fast on top with the roots being slower to get going, the result is a top heavy tree. I have in the past pruned gum trees hard early on to allow the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. susannah

Getting rid of tree stumps/roots

Re tyres for play areas: beware that tyres often (possibly usually) have wire reinforcement which may in time be exposed. It can be very sharp and give a nasty cut. This happened on our playing...
    Re tyres for play areas: beware that tyres often (possibly usually) have wire reinforcement which may in time be exposed. It can be very sharp and give a nasty cut. This happened on our playing field where we had copied others in using tyres set vertically in th eground to act as a cushion under...
    Re tyres for play areas: beware that tyres often (possibly usually) have wire reinforcement which may in time be exposed. It can be very sharp and give a nasty cut. This happened on our playing field where we had copied others in using tyres set...
    Re tyres for play areas: beware that tyres often (possibly usually) have wire reinforcement which may in time be exposed. It can be very sharp and give a nasty cut. This happened on our playing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Butterfly

TREES

Could one of the MODS move this thread from Computers to Trees please?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. purple_faerie

Ideas for fast growing shrub/tree needed please

On the Crocus site, everything seems to be sold as container plants, rather than bare-root, so you can plant those at pretty much any time - you just have to be aware that planting them when it's...
    On the Crocus site, everything seems to be sold as container plants, rather than bare-root, so you can plant those at pretty much any time - you just have to be aware that planting them when it's really wet and muddy isn't a good idea, nor when the ground is frozen. Other than that, it's...
    On the Crocus site, everything seems to be sold as container plants, rather than bare-root, so you can plant those at pretty much any time - you just have to be aware that planting them when it's really wet and muddy isn't a good idea, nor when...
    On the Crocus site, everything seems to be sold as container plants, rather than bare-root, so you can plant those at pretty much any time - you just have to be aware that planting them when it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Honey Bee

Tree Fern....

:D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rumple

One Billion Trees

:D :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Webmaster

How many figs on your trees this year ??

mine got to 5 leaves then disaster struck :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Hornbeam

Giant Fig Trees

"It is on the south bank of the Clyde just downsteam from the Dalmarnock Bridge and close to the sewage works. It has many trunks about 10 feet tall and sprouts from the stonework of the bank." ...
    "It is on the south bank of the Clyde just downsteam from the Dalmarnock Bridge and close to the sewage works. It has many trunks about 10 feet tall and sprouts from the stonework of the bank." That is according to Richard Mabey in Flora Britannica - I've not been there myself.
    "It is on the south bank of the Clyde just downsteam from the Dalmarnock Bridge and close to the sewage works. It has many trunks about 10 feet tall and sprouts from the stonework of the bank." That is according to Richard Mabey in Flora...
    "It is on the south bank of the Clyde just downsteam from the Dalmarnock Bridge and close to the sewage works. It has many trunks about 10 feet tall and sprouts from the stonework of the bank." ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. climber

Hedging Tree Selection

Thanks Geoff. Good Advice. I will be looking at the sizes you suggest on the website link and pricing up.Thanks again for your help.Regards.
    Thanks Geoff. Good Advice. I will be looking at the sizes you suggest on the website link and pricing up.Thanks again for your help.Regards.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Marley Farley

My Tulip Tree...!!

Hi MF I,ve heard so much about Tulip trees,This is the first time i actually seen one ,thank you. Lovely Tree super photo.
    Hi MF I,ve heard so much about Tulip trees,This is the first time i actually seen one ,thank you. Lovely Tree super photo.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Trees in Turkey / Cyprus

I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am...
    I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am about to display.This is a sapling about 30cm tall and the "nuts" which it came from which were...
    I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am about to display.This is a sapling about 30cm tall...
    I'm bringing this back up again because my sister, Kedi-Gato, has now told me she was confused with a shrub with the maple leaves and rose flowers (the now decided Abutilon) and the tree I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Larkshall

My special Oak Tree

The conifers are cupressus, probably macrocarpa varieties. Now that the Oak is way above them I don't think they are any threat. There shouldn't be any competition for water either, as the Oak is...
    The conifers are cupressus, probably macrocarpa varieties. Now that the Oak is way above them I don't think they are any threat. There shouldn't be any competition for water either, as the Oak is deep rooted and the conifers shallow rooted.
    The conifers are cupressus, probably macrocarpa varieties. Now that the Oak is way above them I don't think they are any threat. There shouldn't be any competition for water either, as the Oak is deep rooted and the conifers shallow rooted.
    The conifers are cupressus, probably macrocarpa varieties. Now that the Oak is way above them I don't think they are any threat. There shouldn't be any competition for water either, as the Oak is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. badsal72

choosing an apple tree

Look at this site for info, Badsal http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/ It mentions Bardsey on the home page, BTW! :D
    Look at this site for info, Badsal http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/ It mentions Bardsey on the home page, BTW! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. UsedtobeDendy

growth of trees

Just heard from my friend :-I had a reply from the course administrators regarding the five year size of plants, and they actually told me to halve the size at ten years. Like they said, it...
    Just heard from my friend :-I had a reply from the course administrators regarding the five year size of plants, and they actually told me to halve the size at ten years. Like they said, it cannot be more than an estimate, since it depends on where it's grown etc. At the same time I got an...
    Just heard from my friend :-I had a reply from the course administrators regarding the five year size of plants, and they actually told me to halve the size at ten years. Like they said, it cannot be more than an estimate, since it depends on...
    Just heard from my friend :-I had a reply from the course administrators regarding the five year size of plants, and they actually told me to halve the size at ten years. Like they said, it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. queenamandababy

Growing a Magnolia Tree

Yes, still going, though never visit, cannot abide the ill mannered fellow. We were told about Bridgmere a while back too but told not to say anything until official. Watch the prices go through...
    Yes, still going, though never visit, cannot abide the ill mannered fellow. We were told about Bridgmere a while back too but told not to say anything until official. Watch the prices go through the roof!
    Yes, still going, though never visit, cannot abide the ill mannered fellow. We were told about Bridgmere a while back too but told not to say anything until official. Watch the prices go through the roof!
    Yes, still going, though never visit, cannot abide the ill mannered fellow. We were told about Bridgmere a while back too but told not to say anything until official. Watch the prices go through...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. barneyb

Small tree for very small garden!

Another thought- if you like the look of acers, why not try an ornamental elder? Black Lace is very pretty, or there are some yellow leaved ones. They grow quite...
    Another thought- if you like the look of acers, why not try an ornamental elder? Black Lace is very pretty, or there are some yellow leaved ones. They grow quite fast. http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/11352.shtml
    Another thought- if you like the look of acers, why not try an ornamental elder? Black Lace is very pretty, or there are some yellow leaved ones. They grow quite fast. http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/11352.shtml
    Another thought- if you like the look of acers, why not try an ornamental elder? Black Lace is very pretty, or there are some yellow leaved ones. They grow quite...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. frogesque

Rowan

celia..Yes i have an advanced herbalist diploma..I am not qualified to diagnose..but i can make and prepare herbal ointments etc.. And yes i do use herbs every dayif i am unwell i use them and...
    celia..Yes i have an advanced herbalist diploma..I am not qualified to diagnose..but i can make and prepare herbal ointments etc.. And yes i do use herbs every dayif i am unwell i use them and ..now because its the flu..coughs and colds season i am on echinacea.. I have done two herb courses as...
    celia..Yes i have an advanced herbalist diploma..I am not qualified to diagnose..but i can make and prepare herbal ointments etc.. And yes i do use herbs every dayif i am unwell i use them and ..now because its the flu..coughs and colds season i...
    celia..Yes i have an advanced herbalist diploma..I am not qualified to diagnose..but i can make and prepare herbal ointments etc.. And yes i do use herbs every dayif i am unwell i use them and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice