1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. steveb1973

Indian Bean Tree.....(Seed Planting)???

thanks people i shall see if anything happens
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tailsey

Tree removal

Thanks jazid. I was hoping I could save them, but I will have to chop them down as I want to plant some more fruit trees. I'll try and take a few cuttings so I won't feel so bad. I'll keep your...
    Thanks jazid. I was hoping I could save them, but I will have to chop them down as I want to plant some more fruit trees. I'll try and take a few cuttings so I won't feel so bad. I'll keep your advice on file so I know what to do in future. Thanks again, tailsey
    Thanks jazid. I was hoping I could save them, but I will have to chop them down as I want to plant some more fruit trees. I'll try and take a few cuttings so I won't feel so bad. I'll keep your advice on file so I know what to do in future. ...
    Thanks jazid. I was hoping I could save them, but I will have to chop them down as I want to plant some more fruit trees. I'll try and take a few cuttings so I won't feel so bad. I'll keep your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. samdiaz

apple tree

Thank-you very much for the info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. petecarri

fig tree

Re- Fig tree Thanks to all who answered my question I think I will just leave it to nature to take its course and see what comes next year
    Re- Fig tree Thanks to all who answered my question I think I will just leave it to nature to take its course and see what comes next year
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rich

Tree with dangly flowers

Me neither! :confused:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. welliewearer

reproducing plum trees

Thank you for your advice. what is the best time of year to take cuttings from the plum trees. what actually is rootstock? is it a young tree and if so how do i do it
    Thank you for your advice. what is the best time of year to take cuttings from the plum trees. what actually is rootstock? is it a young tree and if so how do i do it
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Fran

What tree

Chiltern Seeds have it!!!http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chilternseeds/pages/moreinfo.asp?pe=DBFAJJGIQ_+crataegus+prunifolia&cid=211
    Chiltern Seeds have it!!!http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chilternseeds/pages/moreinfo.asp?pe=DBFAJJGIQ_+crataegus+prunifolia&cid=211
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. LCH

Cherry Tree

I have had one in my last 3 gardens. My present one is 3 years old on dwarfing stock so it will end up 6-10' high. They have lovely delicate white blossom and usually naturally form a globe...
    I have had one in my last 3 gardens. My present one is 3 years old on dwarfing stock so it will end up 6-10' high. They have lovely delicate white blossom and usually naturally form a globe shape, or they are very amenable to being fan trained if you have a wall. It's then easier to protect the...
    I have had one in my last 3 gardens. My present one is 3 years old on dwarfing stock so it will end up 6-10' high. They have lovely delicate white blossom and usually naturally form a globe shape, or they are very amenable to being fan trained...
    I have had one in my last 3 gardens. My present one is 3 years old on dwarfing stock so it will end up 6-10' high. They have lovely delicate white blossom and usually naturally form a globe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. cath

HELP - Planting Beech Trees

Question is how soon do you want a hedge, nad how much maintenance will you give it?Beech trees are put in on 18" spacings (thats 450mm to you young bloods)a lot of the time, but you can stretch...
    Question is how soon do you want a hedge, nad how much maintenance will you give it?Beech trees are put in on 18" spacings (thats 450mm to you young bloods)a lot of the time, but you can stretch that out if you're a patient person, nothing wrong with 90cm, but nothing right IMO about less than...
    Question is how soon do you want a hedge, nad how much maintenance will you give it?Beech trees are put in on 18" spacings (thats 450mm to you young bloods)a lot of the time, but you can stretch that out if you're a patient person, nothing...
    Question is how soon do you want a hedge, nad how much maintenance will you give it?Beech trees are put in on 18" spacings (thats 450mm to you young bloods)a lot of the time, but you can stretch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sawfish
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. IckleWeed

Advice on cherry and plum trees

I've read that it is best not to let them fruit in the first year to encourage a good establishment and to water regularly. However, don't excessively water between leaf fall and the buds opening.
    I've read that it is best not to let them fruit in the first year to encourage a good establishment and to water regularly. However, don't excessively water between leaf fall and the buds opening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sawfish

nice hardy tree in a container

What about a Rhus? Can be invasive and sucker all over the place if planted in the ground but should be OK in a large container.
    What about a Rhus? Can be invasive and sucker all over the place if planted in the ground but should be OK in a large container.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Royster

Indian Bean Tree

There are so many ring necked parakeets in the UK now that the RSPB includes them in their bird books. Unlike the collared doves they have been released here over the last twenty years or so and...
    There are so many ring necked parakeets in the UK now that the RSPB includes them in their bird books. Unlike the collared doves they have been released here over the last twenty years or so and have built up colonies here and in other parts of Europe and seem to tolerate cold winters and breed...
    There are so many ring necked parakeets in the UK now that the RSPB includes them in their bird books. Unlike the collared doves they have been released here over the last twenty years or so and have built up colonies here and in other parts of...
    There are so many ring necked parakeets in the UK now that the RSPB includes them in their bird books. Unlike the collared doves they have been released here over the last twenty years or so and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Honey Bee

Pomegranite Tree

dave may be in a 100 years time
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wildflower

Conkers!!

I had more than i bargained for their were two conkers in one pod..so i got 3 miserable looking specimens..will go and hunt some more tommorow..
    I had more than i bargained for their were two conkers in one pod..so i got 3 miserable looking specimens..will go and hunt some more tommorow..
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Maurice

LAURAL TREE PROBLEM

No we don't have carpenter ants in Britain. The sawdust is almost certainly from wood boring beetles of the woodworm type
    No we don't have carpenter ants in Britain. The sawdust is almost certainly from wood boring beetles of the woodworm type
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. redfifi1717

Beech hedge

ok dendy!
    ok dendy!
    ok dendy!
    ok dendy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. fmay

A new tree

I suppose you could look on it as a bonus plant, seed grown citrus are not as good as grafted named varieties but it's another for your collection.
    I suppose you could look on it as a bonus plant, seed grown citrus are not as good as grafted named varieties but it's another for your collection.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Claw

Native tree help

Jazid - It does indeed.I'll send a pm to make arrangements? Rumple
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. cuckoobuns

small trees?

As you can see from Royster's answer, not very big, and it also has a light and airy canopy - so unlikely to cause upset to neighbours
    As you can see from Royster's answer, not very big, and it also has a light and airy canopy - so unlikely to cause upset to neighbours
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice