1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Cas

Bamboo Tree Help!!

Help!!I've tried for months for info regarding the safe splitting of my treasured Bamboo Tree,which i have to add badly needs repotting but i thought it would be easy..go on line get info then...
    Help!!I've tried for months for info regarding the safe splitting of my treasured Bamboo Tree,which i have to add badly needs repotting but i thought it would be easy..go on line get info then repot how wrong i was..Can anybody help!! :(
    Help!!I've tried for months for info regarding the safe splitting of my treasured Bamboo Tree,which i have to add badly needs repotting but i thought it would be easy..go on line get info then repot how wrong i was..Can anybody help!! :(
    Help!!I've tried for months for info regarding the safe splitting of my treasured Bamboo Tree,which i have to add badly needs repotting but i thought it would be easy..go on line get info then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. duckyjuk

apple tree

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/duckyjuk/appletree.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pipsqueak

Dying Cherry Tree

Thanks for your thoughts. I have been to the garden centre and it looks like root rot - apparently its going round Jersey at the moment - nothing to be done unfortunately. Anyway at least I know...
    Thanks for your thoughts. I have been to the garden centre and it looks like root rot - apparently its going round Jersey at the moment - nothing to be done unfortunately. Anyway at least I know what its all about!
    Thanks for your thoughts. I have been to the garden centre and it looks like root rot - apparently its going round Jersey at the moment - nothing to be done unfortunately. Anyway at least I know what its all about!
    Thanks for your thoughts. I have been to the garden centre and it looks like root rot - apparently its going round Jersey at the moment - nothing to be done unfortunately. Anyway at least I know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. shiney

HELP! My pear trees have got the dreaded lurgy.

Yes. Nearly all the gardens, including ours, have junipers.I'll keep looking under the leaves.Thanks Palustris ----------- shiney
    Yes. Nearly all the gardens, including ours, have junipers.I'll keep looking under the leaves.Thanks Palustris ----------- shiney
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wishaw

Can a cherry tree heal?

The tiny black insects sound like Cherry aphids. They may well have beebn reduced in numbers by a harsher winter or something. The migrate from the cherry to either Galium or Brassicas and then...
    The tiny black insects sound like Cherry aphids. They may well have beebn reduced in numbers by a harsher winter or something. The migrate from the cherry to either Galium or Brassicas and then return so if something broke the cycle then you would see fewer of them on the tree. Obviously any...
    The tiny black insects sound like Cherry aphids. They may well have beebn reduced in numbers by a harsher winter or something. The migrate from the cherry to either Galium or Brassicas and then return so if something broke the cycle then you...
    The tiny black insects sound like Cherry aphids. They may well have beebn reduced in numbers by a harsher winter or something. The migrate from the cherry to either Galium or Brassicas and then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. shiney

My pear trees have the measles - help!

Hi PalusrisIt looks the same as the picture in the link you gave me but it says that the underside of the leaf has brown growths corresponding to the red spots. Mine hasn't got that. It looks...
    Hi PalusrisIt looks the same as the picture in the link you gave me but it says that the underside of the leaf has brown growths corresponding to the red spots. Mine hasn't got that. It looks the same both sides. Maybe that is an early stage. --------------- shiney
    Hi PalusrisIt looks the same as the picture in the link you gave me but it says that the underside of the leaf has brown growths corresponding to the red spots. Mine hasn't got that. It looks the same both sides. Maybe that is an early...
    Hi PalusrisIt looks the same as the picture in the link you gave me but it says that the underside of the leaf has brown growths corresponding to the red spots. Mine hasn't got that. It looks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

Catalpa (Indian Bean Tree)

I hope my Bauhinias will keep growing as they are in pots. They are barely 2ft high from seed last october.
    I hope my Bauhinias will keep growing as they are in pots. They are barely 2ft high from seed last october.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lee18

My Beech Trees

I would wait and see what happens. Scratch the bark with a knife and see if it's green beneath. If it is, then it is alive and the sap is still flowing :D . If its brown and dry then it's...
    I would wait and see what happens. Scratch the bark with a knife and see if it's green beneath. If it is, then it is alive and the sap is still flowing :D . If its brown and dry then it's dead and can be cut back to a lower level where it is still alive. I reckon they will recover, but if...
    I would wait and see what happens. Scratch the bark with a knife and see if it's green beneath. If it is, then it is alive and the sap is still flowing :D . If its brown and dry then it's dead and can be cut back to a lower level where it...
    I would wait and see what happens. Scratch the bark with a knife and see if it's green beneath. If it is, then it is alive and the sap is still flowing :D . If its brown and dry then it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Feline

Cherry tree

Well the day after I posted this the birds ate every single one of them!!It's a shame as they looked really pretty on the tree!
    Well the day after I posted this the birds ate every single one of them!!It's a shame as they looked really pretty on the tree!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. margieo

MY OLD BRAMLEY APPLE TREE GONE BROWN

It could also have been the dryness of the weather when the flowers were out. I know from other posters in Dorset that they have had an extremely dry spring.
    It could also have been the dryness of the weather when the flowers were out. I know from other posters in Dorset that they have had an extremely dry spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gilly

Bamboo Trees

And I forgot to say welcome Gilly from Warrington. Sorry.BM
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria

Jade Tree

My Jade Tree bloomed for the first time this year and we were just amazed! :D It is now 25 years old, a cutting from my sister's, and she said they don't bloom until they are that old ...
    My Jade Tree bloomed for the first time this year and we were just amazed! :D It is now 25 years old, a cutting from my sister's, and she said they don't bloom until they are that old :rolleyes: It lived on a verandah on the IoW for a couple of years and for the last couple here outside...
    My Jade Tree bloomed for the first time this year and we were just amazed! :D It is now 25 years old, a cutting from my sister's, and she said they don't bloom until they are that old :rolleyes: It lived on a verandah on the IoW for a...
    My Jade Tree bloomed for the first time this year and we were just amazed! :D It is now 25 years old, a cutting from my sister's, and she said they don't bloom until they are that old ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Speedbird1

Apple tree depression

Is B&Q a good place to buy trees from?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. dunglass

removing apples from tree

With a mature apple tree there are always going to be lots of windfalls, and even clearing them up will be a problem. Getting the little ones off would be longwinded chore, I think you might be...
    With a mature apple tree there are always going to be lots of windfalls, and even clearing them up will be a problem. Getting the little ones off would be longwinded chore, I think you might be better off removing the tree, but as Hans says it's worth a try for one season!
    With a mature apple tree there are always going to be lots of windfalls, and even clearing them up will be a problem. Getting the little ones off would be longwinded chore, I think you might be better off removing the tree, but as Hans says it's...
    With a mature apple tree there are always going to be lots of windfalls, and even clearing them up will be a problem. Getting the little ones off would be longwinded chore, I think you might be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sally

cutting down conifers

Chainsaw, dynamite, tractor, get the Jolly Green Giant to stomp on 'em or dig the bruhargars out the hard. Anyway you can - just get rid of the evil eyesores.By the way, I don't like leylandii...
    Chainsaw, dynamite, tractor, get the Jolly Green Giant to stomp on 'em or dig the bruhargars out the hard. Anyway you can - just get rid of the evil eyesores.By the way, I don't like leylandii very much :D
    Chainsaw, dynamite, tractor, get the Jolly Green Giant to stomp on 'em or dig the bruhargars out the hard. Anyway you can - just get rid of the evil eyesores.By the way, I don't like leylandii very much :D
    Chainsaw, dynamite, tractor, get the Jolly Green Giant to stomp on 'em or dig the bruhargars out the hard. Anyway you can - just get rid of the evil eyesores.By the way, I don't like leylandii...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. duckyjuk

apple tree

No, duckyjuk, the multi-coloured ones in the front of the house with pots on them which seem to be holding nothing up but the pots!
    No, duckyjuk, the multi-coloured ones in the front of the house with pots on them which seem to be holding nothing up but the pots!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nic S

Conifers

:D :D I am keeping fingers crossed that that will be the case - and not a trace of guilt :D :D
    :D :D I am keeping fingers crossed that that will be the case - and not a trace of guilt :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nic S

Plum Trees

We find that rather than actual frost damaging our plum trees, it is when we get very cold winds after the blossom has been fertilised and the fruitlets beginning to set. If your trees are in a...
    We find that rather than actual frost damaging our plum trees, it is when we get very cold winds after the blossom has been fertilised and the fruitlets beginning to set. If your trees are in a windy spot and you get that kind of one sided fruit survival, it well could be the same problem. Apart...
    We find that rather than actual frost damaging our plum trees, it is when we get very cold winds after the blossom has been fertilised and the fruitlets beginning to set. If your trees are in a windy spot and you get that kind of one sided fruit...
    We find that rather than actual frost damaging our plum trees, it is when we get very cold winds after the blossom has been fertilised and the fruitlets beginning to set. If your trees are in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. daddysgirl

Jacaranda tree

Sadly, strongy, I haven't got room for one or believe me there would be one! Moving somewhere warmer does mean you can have all the tropical / sub-tropical plants you've always loved. I've...
    Sadly, strongy, I haven't got room for one or believe me there would be one! Moving somewhere warmer does mean you can have all the tropical / sub-tropical plants you've always loved. I've resorted to things in big pots ... I'm currently nuturuing two Lychees started from pips at Christmas. I...
    Sadly, strongy, I haven't got room for one or believe me there would be one! Moving somewhere warmer does mean you can have all the tropical / sub-tropical plants you've always loved. I've resorted to things in big pots ... I'm currently...
    Sadly, strongy, I haven't got room for one or believe me there would be one! Moving somewhere warmer does mean you can have all the tropical / sub-tropical plants you've always loved. I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nic S

Plum Trees

I wonder If your trees were stressed, due to possibly lack of water or the fact they are in sandy soil, which will not retain the water, like clay would.Is it possible to add some organic matter...
    I wonder If your trees were stressed, due to possibly lack of water or the fact they are in sandy soil, which will not retain the water, like clay would.Is it possible to add some organic matter or topsoil to the sand to try and give you something to retain the water, or try mulching when the...
    I wonder If your trees were stressed, due to possibly lack of water or the fact they are in sandy soil, which will not retain the water, like clay would.Is it possible to add some organic matter or topsoil to the sand to try and give you...
    I wonder If your trees were stressed, due to possibly lack of water or the fact they are in sandy soil, which will not retain the water, like clay would.Is it possible to add some organic matter...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice