1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. cumbriankid

MY PEAR TREE

It well could be shock if the pruning was severe. It well could be that the piece you removed was the piece which had the fruiting spurs on it. It wcould be (as with ours rather too often)that you...
    It well could be shock if the pruning was severe. It well could be that the piece you removed was the piece which had the fruiting spurs on it. It wcould be (as with ours rather too often)that you had a forst or a cold drying wind when the blossom was out, or even drought maybe. So far this year...
    It well could be shock if the pruning was severe. It well could be that the piece you removed was the piece which had the fruiting spurs on it. It wcould be (as with ours rather too often)that you had a forst or a cold drying wind when the...
    It well could be shock if the pruning was severe. It well could be that the piece you removed was the piece which had the fruiting spurs on it. It wcould be (as with ours rather too often)that you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. davido

droopy leaves on a newly planted tree

I would expect a tree that size to droop at this time of the year when planted. Most things check on planting when they shooting. Though there is always a danger of how it was dealt with before...
    I would expect a tree that size to droop at this time of the year when planted. Most things check on planting when they shooting. Though there is always a danger of how it was dealt with before you bought it. Did the container look fresh, or as if it had been in there for some time?I hope you...
    I would expect a tree that size to droop at this time of the year when planted. Most things check on planting when they shooting. Though there is always a danger of how it was dealt with before you bought it. Did the container look fresh, or as...
    I would expect a tree that size to droop at this time of the year when planted. Most things check on planting when they shooting. Though there is always a danger of how it was dealt with before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. bonnie134

Japanese Fantail Willow

Willow does tend to pretty tough - so I would give it a go - they should adapt to container growing as long as watered and fed. Its either that or destruction if your concerned about their...
    Willow does tend to pretty tough - so I would give it a go - they should adapt to container growing as long as watered and fed. Its either that or destruction if your concerned about their closeness to structures - though it would be preferrable to leave any move til the autumn - but if it can't...
    Willow does tend to pretty tough - so I would give it a go - they should adapt to container growing as long as watered and fed. Its either that or destruction if your concerned about their closeness to structures - though it would be preferrable...
    Willow does tend to pretty tough - so I would give it a go - they should adapt to container growing as long as watered and fed. Its either that or destruction if your concerned about their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Liz

Apple tree renovation

Thanks both. I was wondering wether to prune some of the leggy shoots now to give it more time to produce more productive shoots next year. 3 of the 6 trees fruit well, the tree man was reluctant...
    Thanks both. I was wondering wether to prune some of the leggy shoots now to give it more time to produce more productive shoots next year. 3 of the 6 trees fruit well, the tree man was reluctant to remove any as we don't know if the nonfruiting ones were pollinating the fruiting ones. Sadly...
    Thanks both. I was wondering wether to prune some of the leggy shoots now to give it more time to produce more productive shoots next year. 3 of the 6 trees fruit well, the tree man was reluctant to remove any as we don't know if the nonfruiting...
    Thanks both. I was wondering wether to prune some of the leggy shoots now to give it more time to produce more productive shoots next year. 3 of the 6 trees fruit well, the tree man was reluctant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pathtowealth

Flowering Cherry Dying

Thank you "frogesque" I will look tomorrow (hopefully a dry day) & let you know. I also noticed another flowering cherry about 100 yds away the same as mine. One perfect & the other dying.
    Thank you "frogesque" I will look tomorrow (hopefully a dry day) & let you know. I also noticed another flowering cherry about 100 yds away the same as mine. One perfect & the other dying.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Brookie

evergreen tree

To that excellent suggestion - I would add, variaged holly - like silver king.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. avocadopip

taking cuttings of leylandii

Oops wrong game [ 01. May 2006, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: roders ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. heathers

plum tree

or gaffa tape??!!!
    or gaffa tape??!!!
    or gaffa tape??!!!
    or gaffa tape??!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stokie

Cherry tree

I would take it back a bit after fruiting. I pruned mine hard last year but it should fill out this year. Looks like you are in for a good crop. Mine sets well but drops quite a lot of fruit sort...
    I would take it back a bit after fruiting. I pruned mine hard last year but it should fill out this year. Looks like you are in for a good crop. Mine sets well but drops quite a lot of fruit sort of self thinning, but I usually have loads.
    I would take it back a bit after fruiting. I pruned mine hard last year but it should fill out this year. Looks like you are in for a good crop. Mine sets well but drops quite a lot of fruit sort of self thinning, but I usually have loads.
    I would take it back a bit after fruiting. I pruned mine hard last year but it should fill out this year. Looks like you are in for a good crop. Mine sets well but drops quite a lot of fruit sort...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lazy-gardener

trees in containers

I believe there are varieties that grow to different hights some dwarf only 3 ft.
    I believe there are varieties that grow to different hights some dwarf only 3 ft.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. LizM

Big Bay Tree

well bits of it sometimes are - ready to go in the pot ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave W

Chinese Wingnut tree

The Tayside climate might just look after the scale. Time or chain saw will tell ;)
    The Tayside climate might just look after the scale. Time or chain saw will tell ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sawfish

Pear tree pruning

I'm no fruit expert, Sawfish - but I'd be reluctant to prune any tree or bush until it had been longer in the ground - although with bush roses they do advise heavy pruning back to establish a...
    I'm no fruit expert, Sawfish - but I'd be reluctant to prune any tree or bush until it had been longer in the ground - although with bush roses they do advise heavy pruning back to establish a good root growth. So, I'm not sure. Hang on for someone like Rossco to come along - or PM him!! ;)
    I'm no fruit expert, Sawfish - but I'd be reluctant to prune any tree or bush until it had been longer in the ground - although with bush roses they do advise heavy pruning back to establish a good root growth. So, I'm not sure. Hang on for...
    I'm no fruit expert, Sawfish - but I'd be reluctant to prune any tree or bush until it had been longer in the ground - although with bush roses they do advise heavy pruning back to establish a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Debz

help with replanting hazel tree

Sorry Debz, if you cut off the whole of the top because it was dead, the chances are that it is or is now. One way to see is to scrape some of the bark away at the base, and see what colour it is...
    Sorry Debz, if you cut off the whole of the top because it was dead, the chances are that it is or is now. One way to see is to scrape some of the bark away at the base, and see what colour it is underneath. If its green there is some life still there - but whether it will regrow????.
    Sorry Debz, if you cut off the whole of the top because it was dead, the chances are that it is or is now. One way to see is to scrape some of the bark away at the base, and see what colour it is underneath. If its green there is some life still...
    Sorry Debz, if you cut off the whole of the top because it was dead, the chances are that it is or is now. One way to see is to scrape some of the bark away at the base, and see what colour it is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Mixichick

How do I trim an evergreen tree?

Whatever you do, don't just trim them regardless, as if they're conifers, unless yews, you could end up with brown dead trees!! :eek: Photos would be really useful - if you follow the...
    Whatever you do, don't just trim them regardless, as if they're conifers, unless yews, you could end up with brown dead trees!! :eek: Photos would be really useful - if you follow the instructions on putting pics into your posts, you'll manage!! Good luck! ;)
    Whatever you do, don't just trim them regardless, as if they're conifers, unless yews, you could end up with brown dead trees!! :eek: Photos would be really useful - if you follow the instructions on putting pics into your posts, you'll...
    Whatever you do, don't just trim them regardless, as if they're conifers, unless yews, you could end up with brown dead trees!! :eek: Photos would be really useful - if you follow the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. davido

planting mature trees

A good place to contact is Pantiles at Lyne nr. Chertsey Tel. 01932 874030. They do all sorts of mature trees although they can be very expensive. I once lived next door to a guy who wanted his...
    A good place to contact is Pantiles at Lyne nr. Chertsey Tel. 01932 874030. They do all sorts of mature trees although they can be very expensive. I once lived next door to a guy who wanted his privacy so badly the he planted 10 such trees of which only 2 survived.Small trees can grow very...
    A good place to contact is Pantiles at Lyne nr. Chertsey Tel. 01932 874030. They do all sorts of mature trees although they can be very expensive. I once lived next door to a guy who wanted his privacy so badly the he planted 10 such trees of...
    A good place to contact is Pantiles at Lyne nr. Chertsey Tel. 01932 874030. They do all sorts of mature trees although they can be very expensive. I once lived next door to a guy who wanted his...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jay

hi!! & tree help please?!

If your looking for a small tree with no root problems, you probably need to think about growing your tree in a container.Consider amelanciar, crab apple - the small purple leaved one, magnolia...
    If your looking for a small tree with no root problems, you probably need to think about growing your tree in a container.Consider amelanciar, crab apple - the small purple leaved one, magnolia stellata, garyia - there are many.
    If your looking for a small tree with no root problems, you probably need to think about growing your tree in a container.Consider amelanciar, crab apple - the small purple leaved one, magnolia stellata, garyia - there are many.
    If your looking for a small tree with no root problems, you probably need to think about growing your tree in a container.Consider amelanciar, crab apple - the small purple leaved one, magnolia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. karen1981

shaping trees other than bonsi

thanks X
    thanks X
    thanks X
    thanks X
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. simon1976

plam tree help

cheers guy.Ill leave it well alone
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. blue fingers

Lavatera (Mallow tree) growing out of control

I love lavateras ..i let mine grow wild till the wind damages them...my other half hates them as they drop buds..i went out once and when i got back he had chopped one down i could hardly bring...
    I love lavateras ..i let mine grow wild till the wind damages them...my other half hates them as they drop buds..i went out once and when i got back he had chopped one down i could hardly bring myself to speak to him..we have one that drops buds on the drive it really winds him up..he keeps...
    I love lavateras ..i let mine grow wild till the wind damages them...my other half hates them as they drop buds..i went out once and when i got back he had chopped one down i could hardly bring myself to speak to him..we have one that drops buds...
    I love lavateras ..i let mine grow wild till the wind damages them...my other half hates them as they drop buds..i went out once and when i got back he had chopped one down i could hardly bring...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice