1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. LawnAndOrder
    Friendly x 6

We thought we knew the devil’s name ... We didn’t ... Now we DO!

So far, all good!Although GA needed, Mrs Lao has come out of it remarkably well; only one plate required.I made her some Vanilla Kiferln which you can see her dousing in icing sugar three...
    So far, all good!Although GA needed, Mrs Lao has come out of it remarkably well; only one plate required.I made her some Vanilla Kiferln which you can see her dousing in icing sugar three hours after her return home. Mightily relieved (I lost an uncle who, during an operation for a...
    So far, all good!Although GA needed, Mrs Lao has come out of it remarkably well; only one plate required.I made her some Vanilla Kiferln which you can see her dousing in icing sugar three hours after her return home. Mightily relieved (I...
    So far, all good!Although GA needed, Mrs Lao has come out of it remarkably well; only one plate required.I made her some Vanilla Kiferln which you can see her dousing in icing sugar three...
    upload_2023-1-7_15-2-2.png upload_2023-1-7_15-2-24.png upload_2023-1-7_15-2-53.png upload_2023-1-7_15-3-13.png upload_2023-1-9_17-13-37.jpeg Hedge - Vanilla Kipkerl - 1 - rrr.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Paul19

Advice on Silver Birch seeds please

I haven't really noticed anything worse this year but having been here so long I just may have got used to it. I don't think it normally goes into December. We do tend to get about a month of...
    I haven't really noticed anything worse this year but having been here so long I just may have got used to it. I don't think it normally goes into December. We do tend to get about a month of heavier seeding but if we get strong winds, which we get coming across the fields at the back, we have...
    I haven't really noticed anything worse this year but having been here so long I just may have got used to it. I don't think it normally goes into December. We do tend to get about a month of heavier seeding but if we get strong winds, which we...
    I haven't really noticed anything worse this year but having been here so long I just may have got used to it. I don't think it normally goes into December. We do tend to get about a month of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Henning Steenberg

Orange Retz

Many thanks for your response. Yes I've contacted Grasslands and they have two that would fit the bill - about 5 foot -but the cost of delivery is more than the trees because they insist on...
    Many thanks for your response. Yes I've contacted Grasslands and they have two that would fit the bill - about 5 foot -but the cost of delivery is more than the trees because they insist on sending them on a pallet!. (In fact it was from Grasslands who I bought the two last year and then they...
    Many thanks for your response. Yes I've contacted Grasslands and they have two that would fit the bill - about 5 foot -but the cost of delivery is more than the trees because they insist on sending them on a pallet!. (In fact it was from...
    Many thanks for your response. Yes I've contacted Grasslands and they have two that would fit the bill - about 5 foot -but the cost of delivery is more than the trees because they insist on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Esoxlucius
    Like x 7

Monkey puzzle

Pruning any tree or shrub is not enough. The root spread has to be taken into consideration too, as they will cause damage to house foundations and utilities to your own and neighbouring properties.
    Pruning any tree or shrub is not enough. The root spread has to be taken into consideration too, as they will cause damage to house foundations and utilities to your own and neighbouring properties.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Esoxlucius

Blue spruce

Yeah, definitely, conifers always go brown if they are too close to anything on one side.
    Yeah, definitely, conifers always go brown if they are too close to anything on one side.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Esoxlucius

Cherry blossom

See what others have to say.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JohnathanB

What tree for front yard facing North?

Maybe Prunus Otto Luytken would suit. We have a specimen started as a shrub ,we started lifting the crown and we now have a tree with intertwining trunks. The only downside which has happened...
    Maybe Prunus Otto Luytken would suit. We have a specimen started as a shrub ,we started lifting the crown and we now have a tree with intertwining trunks. The only downside which has happened over the last couple of years in that we have found some runners.
    Maybe Prunus Otto Luytken would suit. We have a specimen started as a shrub ,we started lifting the crown and we now have a tree with intertwining trunks. The only downside which has happened over the last couple of years in that we have found...
    Maybe Prunus Otto Luytken would suit. We have a specimen started as a shrub ,we started lifting the crown and we now have a tree with intertwining trunks. The only downside which has happened...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. clanless

Japanese Cherry Tree

And.... 7 years later - this is what it looks like now. Letting nature take its course was the right decision.In 2015:In 2022:
    And.... 7 years later - this is what it looks like now. Letting nature take its course was the right decision.In 2015:In 2022:
    IMG_20130101_000127.jpg IMG_20130101_000142.jpg IMG_20130101_000156.jpg 2015.jpg 2022.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sara peter

Liquid amber

Thank you for your comments, very helpful and I will look into this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. barryman

Help with ID of disease on a tree, please !!

Once again, thank you all for helping. It definitely is 100% Pear Rust as I just checked underneath the leaves and they DO have the wart-like growths under there.Cheers.
    Once again, thank you all for helping. It definitely is 100% Pear Rust as I just checked underneath the leaves and they DO have the wart-like growths under there.Cheers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jamei

Thuja plicata - browning after mulching

The inner leaves on conifers always die, that's why you cant cut back into brown wood, as it wont regrow very well, if at all.
    The inner leaves on conifers always die, that's why you cant cut back into brown wood, as it wont regrow very well, if at all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. BML

How to grow Acorns.

Thanks for the replies. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BML

How and when to "prune an Acorn, Oak tree.

THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER PRUNING OF TREES..
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Cal.AD

Wild cherry sapling leaves going brown

So all of the leaves came off, but it’s recently started growing some new buds, so that’s positive! However, there is some growth at the bottom of the tree now, as pictured. should I be removing...
    So all of the leaves came off, but it’s recently started growing some new buds, so that’s positive! However, there is some growth at the bottom of the tree now, as pictured. should I be removing this? Thanks.
    So all of the leaves came off, but it’s recently started growing some new buds, so that’s positive! However, there is some growth at the bottom of the tree now, as pictured. should I be removing this? Thanks.
    So all of the leaves came off, but it’s recently started growing some new buds, so that’s positive! However, there is some growth at the bottom of the tree now, as pictured. should I be removing...
    5727C618-1A1B-4EF5-ADB3-F6C53068DDFC.jpeg 91C04D8E-1920-4F2F-ABF1-0AE2E88AACD4.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Otillard1

Advice on selling trees

Thanks gks - really helpful and i totally get your point re transport. I have a flat bed trailer and have worked off being able to move 20-25 potted trees at a time but haven't really needed to do...
    Thanks gks - really helpful and i totally get your point re transport. I have a flat bed trailer and have worked off being able to move 20-25 potted trees at a time but haven't really needed to do anything bigger as those are the rough order sizes i have had over the last 12 months. Those were...
    Thanks gks - really helpful and i totally get your point re transport. I have a flat bed trailer and have worked off being able to move 20-25 potted trees at a time but haven't really needed to do anything bigger as those are the rough order...
    Thanks gks - really helpful and i totally get your point re transport. I have a flat bed trailer and have worked off being able to move 20-25 potted trees at a time but haven't really needed to do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gary Charlesworth

Berberis dawinii

I don't have specific experience of B darwinii and pruning. I would be inclined to cut one back by about two thirds and if it grows away next spring, then treat the others similarly.
    I don't have specific experience of B darwinii and pruning. I would be inclined to cut one back by about two thirds and if it grows away next spring, then treat the others similarly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Green Dweller Beloved

Transferring an Acer to a pot from a bed

If it could stay another year you could try going round the plant with a spade full depth about 18in from the stem to cut off some of the longer roots without disturbing the plant. You then move...
    If it could stay another year you could try going round the plant with a spade full depth about 18in from the stem to cut off some of the longer roots without disturbing the plant. You then move it next year.
    If it could stay another year you could try going round the plant with a spade full depth about 18in from the stem to cut off some of the longer roots without disturbing the plant. You then move it next year.
    If it could stay another year you could try going round the plant with a spade full depth about 18in from the stem to cut off some of the longer roots without disturbing the plant. You then move...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. bigpeter

leylandii 2001 dying, what to do?

Although those leylandii's looked completely dead there were a few very small green bits here and there on the street side. That side gets the sun all afternoon. I'm also giving them a good...
    Although those leylandii's looked completely dead there were a few very small green bits here and there on the street side. That side gets the sun all afternoon. I'm also giving them a good soaking twice a week that has helped. I have to admit I was surprised to see them recover. But they are...
    Although those leylandii's looked completely dead there were a few very small green bits here and there on the street side. That side gets the sun all afternoon. I'm also giving them a good soaking twice a week that has helped. I have to admit I...
    Although those leylandii's looked completely dead there were a few very small green bits here and there on the street side. That side gets the sun all afternoon. I'm also giving them a good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. James 70

Unbelievable Silver Birch growth rate.

Oh yeah, I could see something in the background but couldn't work out what it was.
    Oh yeah, I could see something in the background but couldn't work out what it was.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Grass Hopper

Overhanging Trees.

If the roots of a neighbouring tree or hedge are affecting your garden you should talk to your nieghbour first if possible before you apply to the council you could mention on a windy day...
    If the roots of a neighbouring tree or hedge are affecting your garden you should talk to your nieghbour first if possible before you apply to the council you could mention on a windy day someone could be injured by a falling branch and what then? isit it better to avoid legal action by...
    If the roots of a neighbouring tree or hedge are affecting your garden you should talk to your nieghbour first if possible before you apply to the council you could mention on a windy day someone could be injured by a falling branch and what...
    If the roots of a neighbouring tree or hedge are affecting your garden you should talk to your nieghbour first if possible before you apply to the council you could mention on a windy day...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice