Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. rach

Wind Battered Acer

Ahh........ i never even knew the leaves would fall off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Maurice

Salix Erythroflexuosa

HiI have now found out what the problem is with my Salix tree, it has Willow Blight and there is only one cure that is a very very cold winter which I doubt we will get.
    HiI have now found out what the problem is with my Salix tree, it has Willow Blight and there is only one cure that is a very very cold winter which I doubt we will get.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. nelly

Bushy bush and weeping willow?

im in manchester
    im in manchester
    im in manchester
    im in manchester
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. She_Is_Me

Growing Trees From Seed

hi laura you would find baby oaks growing around an older one. i have many and can send some to you if you pm your address.
    hi laura you would find baby oaks growing around an older one. i have many and can send some to you if you pm your address.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. delectable

Buying trees in bulk/volume

Thanks again everyone.Ideally I'd like to go for local/british trees, I tend to favour broadleaf trees but appreciate one needs to be flexible.
    Thanks again everyone.Ideally I'd like to go for local/british trees, I tend to favour broadleaf trees but appreciate one needs to be flexible.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. gsmilingfish

Young hawthorn tree struggling

That's a relief - cheers for the advice Flinty!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Horsham Del

Eucalyptus Gunii question

Can I jump in here! - What is happening to my eucalyptus, the lower leaves are developing small brown spots, turning red or brown and dropping - I lots of leaves on the ground. Is this stress from...
    Can I jump in here! - What is happening to my eucalyptus, the lower leaves are developing small brown spots, turning red or brown and dropping - I lots of leaves on the ground. Is this stress from the heat and not enough rain? Should I water it? Or is this some kind of disease? Would really...
    Can I jump in here! - What is happening to my eucalyptus, the lower leaves are developing small brown spots, turning red or brown and dropping - I lots of leaves on the ground. Is this stress from the heat and not enough rain? Should I water it?...
    Can I jump in here! - What is happening to my eucalyptus, the lower leaves are developing small brown spots, turning red or brown and dropping - I lots of leaves on the ground. Is this stress from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. hercules

orange tree problem

Thanks a million for that Pete. I'll follow your instructions on the watering - let it be on the dry side - I have kept it well watered, I know they drink a lot but will do as you say. It's 2...
    Thanks a million for that Pete. I'll follow your instructions on the watering - let it be on the dry side - I have kept it well watered, I know they drink a lot but will do as you say. It's 2 shoots are OK but growing very slowly.
    Thanks a million for that Pete. I'll follow your instructions on the watering - let it be on the dry side - I have kept it well watered, I know they drink a lot but will do as you say. It's 2 shoots are OK but growing very slowly.
    Thanks a million for that Pete. I'll follow your instructions on the watering - let it be on the dry side - I have kept it well watered, I know they drink a lot but will do as you say. It's 2...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. tweaky

Growing a Laburnum from Seed.

I think anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a definite grower from seed. Most of my plants, where possible have been grown from seed. I just think that in this case, a purchased plant...
    I think anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a definite grower from seed. Most of my plants, where possible have been grown from seed. I just think that in this case, a purchased plant of a know variety would be a better bet in the long run. You could if you wanted, grow you own...
    I think anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a definite grower from seed. Most of my plants, where possible have been grown from seed. I just think that in this case, a purchased plant of a know variety would be a better bet in the long...
    I think anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a definite grower from seed. Most of my plants, where possible have been grown from seed. I just think that in this case, a purchased plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Chrysocolla

Is this the end?

That's not good news. I will take your advice and get someone to look at her. Doesn't sound as if you think she can be saved though which I am very sad about.Thanks
    That's not good news. I will take your advice and get someone to look at her. Doesn't sound as if you think she can be saved though which I am very sad about.Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. fmay

Lemon Tree

:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Little Miss Road Rage

Bay Trees suckers?

Thanks everyone I'll let my bro know
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lollipop

twisted hazel tree-dried leaves

yes. Makes me remember that i've committed this same mistake too. that was totally a mess. ____________________ California landscape construction
    yes. Makes me remember that i've committed this same mistake too. that was totally a mess. ____________________ California landscape construction
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Laurie

Acer palmatum

Exactly this happened to my acer last year. From a good, healthy start in spring, putting on new leaf, it began to get dry, brown leaf-edges, made no new growth and seemed to be drying out. It...
    Exactly this happened to my acer last year. From a good, healthy start in spring, putting on new leaf, it began to get dry, brown leaf-edges, made no new growth and seemed to be drying out. It was in a sunny spot although on the windward side of the house, and was kept well-watered. Nothing...
    Exactly this happened to my acer last year. From a good, healthy start in spring, putting on new leaf, it began to get dry, brown leaf-edges, made no new growth and seemed to be drying out. It was in a sunny spot although on the windward side...
    Exactly this happened to my acer last year. From a good, healthy start in spring, putting on new leaf, it began to get dry, brown leaf-edges, made no new growth and seemed to be drying out. It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. takemore02withit

Help with baby Acer please?

O2, as Whis4ey says, it`s looking good.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roders

What a lovely tree

And the saw blunts quicker cross cutting as theres often grit and crap amongst/ behind the ivy.
    And the saw blunts quicker cross cutting as theres often grit and crap amongst/ behind the ivy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. honeytone

Poor Horse Chestnut Tree

Hi Honey, Yeah it was quite a bad shock, and one I don`t want to repeat, so I am also on the lookout for a nice tree. At least the two oaks are a-ok. I was considering a willow, a rowan or an...
    Hi Honey, Yeah it was quite a bad shock, and one I don`t want to repeat, so I am also on the lookout for a nice tree. At least the two oaks are a-ok. I was considering a willow, a rowan or an ash, but went all over the place today and didn't see any that I felt were right. As a bit of a...
    Hi Honey, Yeah it was quite a bad shock, and one I don`t want to repeat, so I am also on the lookout for a nice tree. At least the two oaks are a-ok. I was considering a willow, a rowan or an ash, but went all over the place today and didn't...
    Hi Honey, Yeah it was quite a bad shock, and one I don`t want to repeat, so I am also on the lookout for a nice tree. At least the two oaks are a-ok. I was considering a willow, a rowan or an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Katherna

Willow tree

Thats how it's leaning. Hope this helps, in the pic it doesn't seem to be leaning over too much but if you look at the brickwork behind you can see I'm probably leaning too, lol. As you can...
    Thats how it's leaning. Hope this helps, in the pic it doesn't seem to be leaning over too much but if you look at the brickwork behind you can see I'm probably leaning too, lol. As you can see it's had some emergency sawing as the branches were broken.
    Thats how it's leaning. Hope this helps, in the pic it doesn't seem to be leaning over too much but if you look at the brickwork behind you can see I'm probably leaning too, lol. As you can see it's had some emergency sawing as the branches...
    Thats how it's leaning. Hope this helps, in the pic it doesn't seem to be leaning over too much but if you look at the brickwork behind you can see I'm probably leaning too, lol. As you can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. slatept

xmas tree problem

Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the...
    Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the roots dry out they will not grow.When I worked for the H.M. Forestry Commission on a nursery, it was...
    Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the roots dry out they will not grow.When I worked for...
    Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. oggy

Kilmarnock Willow

Thanks Pal, Will do.
    Thanks Pal, Will do.
    Thanks Pal, Will do.
    Thanks Pal, Will do.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice