1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Henley Birder

What is wrong with my tree?

sorry forgot to add i have checked for canker, no shot holed leaves or sticky mess, and the fruit shows no sign of the fungal blossom blight. i need some expert advice really i suppose. but...
    sorry forgot to add i have checked for canker, no shot holed leaves or sticky mess, and the fruit shows no sign of the fungal blossom blight. i need some expert advice really i suppose. but thanks any way
    sorry forgot to add i have checked for canker, no shot holed leaves or sticky mess, and the fruit shows no sign of the fungal blossom blight. i need some expert advice really i suppose. but thanks any way
    sorry forgot to add i have checked for canker, no shot holed leaves or sticky mess, and the fruit shows no sign of the fungal blossom blight. i need some expert advice really i suppose. but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. anakat

Walnut trees

Free to Good Home I am forever pulling these up like weeds in my garden. If anyone would like a baby Walnut tree I am quiet happy to pop them in the post if you PM your address :) I have let...
    Free to Good Home I am forever pulling these up like weeds in my garden. If anyone would like a baby Walnut tree I am quiet happy to pop them in the post if you PM your address :) I have let one grow at the end of the garden and it had nuts on after about 5 years.We didn't get any the...
    Free to Good Home I am forever pulling these up like weeds in my garden. If anyone would like a baby Walnut tree I am quiet happy to pop them in the post if you PM your address :) I have let one grow at the end of the garden and it had nuts on...
    Free to Good Home I am forever pulling these up like weeds in my garden. If anyone would like a baby Walnut tree I am quiet happy to pop them in the post if you PM your address :) I have let...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Crazy Colin

Trees

Thanks a lot for the information, I will work from there and see what happens. Crazy Colin
    Thanks a lot for the information, I will work from there and see what happens. Crazy Colin
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. tac1

Do I have a problem, with trees/foundation?

Ask avice from your Town Hall, ask for the Building Consultancy department.Problems can occur with really huge trees as they say there is as much below as there is above. Smaller trees would...
    Ask avice from your Town Hall, ask for the Building Consultancy department.Problems can occur with really huge trees as they say there is as much below as there is above. Smaller trees would not harm foundations and conifers are shallow rooting but watch for willows etc although wont damage...
    Ask avice from your Town Hall, ask for the Building Consultancy department.Problems can occur with really huge trees as they say there is as much below as there is above. Smaller trees would not harm foundations and conifers are shallow...
    Ask avice from your Town Hall, ask for the Building Consultancy department.Problems can occur with really huge trees as they say there is as much below as there is above. Smaller trees would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fonzie

Unknown tree

Thanks guys, yes I'd go with Solanum. Thanks again. Not gonna take seeds or cuttings, don't want a tree, but a fellow worker took some cuttings from it the other day.
    Thanks guys, yes I'd go with Solanum. Thanks again. Not gonna take seeds or cuttings, don't want a tree, but a fellow worker took some cuttings from it the other day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. woodlander

Avocado seed

I have got three avocado stones sitting in a row in a pot of Holy basil that I grow on the windowsill. So far they have nto done much but then they have only been sat there for 2 weeks. I will...
    I have got three avocado stones sitting in a row in a pot of Holy basil that I grow on the windowsill. So far they have nto done much but then they have only been sat there for 2 weeks. I will bury them in the soil a bit deeper then I have, keep it moist and see if anything appears. There...
    I have got three avocado stones sitting in a row in a pot of Holy basil that I grow on the windowsill. So far they have nto done much but then they have only been sat there for 2 weeks. I will bury them in the soil a bit deeper then I have, keep...
    I have got three avocado stones sitting in a row in a pot of Holy basil that I grow on the windowsill. So far they have nto done much but then they have only been sat there for 2 weeks. I will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. samuelcat

Lime tree.

I will just have to wait and see. Thankyou.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mrs Bobs

Damson Tree

Thanks for the reply. The trunk is still green though some of the branches look dead at the ends. Should I trim down to the live bit or leave it alone.
    Thanks for the reply. The trunk is still green though some of the branches look dead at the ends. Should I trim down to the live bit or leave it alone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bumblebee

Cherry Tree

bumblebee, lovely to see you here:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dobiesmon

What kind of Trees

I think Metasequoia glyptostroboides will be a very good choice. It's a beautiful tree and grows best on boggy terrain :).
    I think Metasequoia glyptostroboides will be a very good choice. It's a beautiful tree and grows best on boggy terrain :).
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tay

Japanese Maple

by the way i ment i purchased a pot slightly larger, but not too large sorry.Also, my grandfather recently purchased an AMAZING small coral bark japanese maple from tescos for £5, and he...
    by the way i ment i purchased a pot slightly larger, but not too large sorry.Also, my grandfather recently purchased an AMAZING small coral bark japanese maple from tescos for £5, and he planted it straightinto the garden and has grew wonderfully ever since.
    by the way i ment i purchased a pot slightly larger, but not too large sorry.Also, my grandfather recently purchased an AMAZING small coral bark japanese maple from tescos for £5, and he planted it straightinto the garden and has grew...
    by the way i ment i purchased a pot slightly larger, but not too large sorry.Also, my grandfather recently purchased an AMAZING small coral bark japanese maple from tescos for £5, and he...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Tay

Pot Trees

thanks everyone for replying and thankyou very much to Lady Of Leisure for the tips on bonsai! i may very well try again one day.THANKS!
    thanks everyone for replying and thankyou very much to Lady Of Leisure for the tips on bonsai! i may very well try again one day.THANKS!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. stuey

Lemon Tree

Nothing sad about that at all. In fact, the realisation that something you've tried to grow from seed, has actually begun to grow is as sweet a feeling you can get.Nice selection of...
    Nothing sad about that at all. In fact, the realisation that something you've tried to grow from seed, has actually begun to grow is as sweet a feeling you can get.Nice selection of plants/herbs. :thumb:
    Nothing sad about that at all. In fact, the realisation that something you've tried to grow from seed, has actually begun to grow is as sweet a feeling you can get.Nice selection of plants/herbs. :thumb:
    Nothing sad about that at all. In fact, the realisation that something you've tried to grow from seed, has actually begun to grow is as sweet a feeling you can get.Nice selection of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Pam-P

Acer Palmatum 'Orange Dream' vs. Acer Shirasawanum 'Aureum'

Is it planted in a free draining position? The best way to plant these trees is in a shallow saucer shaped hole and then have the soil mounded up around the root ball to provide good drainage If...
    Is it planted in a free draining position? The best way to plant these trees is in a shallow saucer shaped hole and then have the soil mounded up around the root ball to provide good drainage If you have done this then your problem is probably the windy journey, the stress of planting and the...
    Is it planted in a free draining position? The best way to plant these trees is in a shallow saucer shaped hole and then have the soil mounded up around the root ball to provide good drainage If you have done this then your problem is probably...
    Is it planted in a free draining position? The best way to plant these trees is in a shallow saucer shaped hole and then have the soil mounded up around the root ball to provide good drainage If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. SteveG

Hello! Question about apple tree

Congrats, Steve. Make sure to feed the plant.:thumb::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. shwn747

acer

May I thank the members who gave me advice when my Butterfly Acer lost its variegated colouring. Vegman was quite correct - after placing the Acer in shade ,the variegation is slowly getting back...
    May I thank the members who gave me advice when my Butterfly Acer lost its variegated colouring. Vegman was quite correct - after placing the Acer in shade ,the variegation is slowly getting back in to the leaves. Many thanks.
    May I thank the members who gave me advice when my Butterfly Acer lost its variegated colouring. Vegman was quite correct - after placing the Acer in shade ,the variegation is slowly getting back in to the leaves. Many thanks.
    May I thank the members who gave me advice when my Butterfly Acer lost its variegated colouring. Vegman was quite correct - after placing the Acer in shade ,the variegation is slowly getting back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. broadbean

Apple tree dropping too early

Same is happening here - lots of marble sized fruits dropping all over the lawn and paths. Creating a right mess but all of the larger fruits seem to be staying put.
    Same is happening here - lots of marble sized fruits dropping all over the lawn and paths. Creating a right mess but all of the larger fruits seem to be staying put.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. acerhead

Acer Palmatum Mikawa Yatsabusa

If the roots haven't ventured out into the surrounding soil then no harm whatsoever can be done by digging it up :) When you say that it is 'not growing any at all' I am assuming that to be the...
    If the roots haven't ventured out into the surrounding soil then no harm whatsoever can be done by digging it up :) When you say that it is 'not growing any at all' I am assuming that to be the case At the end of the day, the choice is yours :)
    If the roots haven't ventured out into the surrounding soil then no harm whatsoever can be done by digging it up :) When you say that it is 'not growing any at all' I am assuming that to be the case At the end of the day, the choice is yours :)
    If the roots haven't ventured out into the surrounding soil then no harm whatsoever can be done by digging it up :) When you say that it is 'not growing any at all' I am assuming that to be the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. silver1

New Silver Birches

If the ground is fertile there's no need to add any fertilizer or top dressing when the tree is planted. As long as you leave a humus layer which will rot down and feed the tree you should be...
    If the ground is fertile there's no need to add any fertilizer or top dressing when the tree is planted. As long as you leave a humus layer which will rot down and feed the tree you should be alright. Adding blood, fish and bone certainly won't harm the tree.
    If the ground is fertile there's no need to add any fertilizer or top dressing when the tree is planted. As long as you leave a humus layer which will rot down and feed the tree you should be alright. Adding blood, fish and bone certainly won't...
    If the ground is fertile there's no need to add any fertilizer or top dressing when the tree is planted. As long as you leave a humus layer which will rot down and feed the tree you should be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Slinky

Christmas Tree

Beautiful specimen of a Xmas tree looking ok to me.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice