1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Man Of Leisure MOL

Acer trees

See 'Norway maple'
    See 'Norway maple'
    See 'Norway maple'
    See 'Norway maple'
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Aesculus

Apple tree

lol no i know what to do with them:D i mean there are way to many for such a little tree should i thin them out so it uses less energy?
    lol no i know what to do with them:D i mean there are way to many for such a little tree should i thin them out so it uses less energy?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Bally

Trees for a small garden

Ah cheers Whisk - good to know it is not me depriving it of anything - yours looks lovely - especially effective with the ? water carrier chap beneath! :):):)I'm off to browse your website - your...
    Ah cheers Whisk - good to know it is not me depriving it of anything - yours looks lovely - especially effective with the ? water carrier chap beneath! :):):)I'm off to browse your website - your garden looks fascinating - lots of the sort of plants I like!!!
    Ah cheers Whisk - good to know it is not me depriving it of anything - yours looks lovely - especially effective with the ? water carrier chap beneath! :):):)I'm off to browse your website - your garden looks fascinating - lots of the sort of plants...
    Ah cheers Whisk - good to know it is not me depriving it of anything - yours looks lovely - especially effective with the ? water carrier chap beneath! :):):)I'm off to browse your website - your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. LivingAndLearning

Olive tree advice please!

Hello Everyone. Thank-you very much for all your advice. I'm definitely less scared I'll kill it now! It does need to be moved, so guess it's a risk it'll have to take. I appreciate your help. X
    Hello Everyone. Thank-you very much for all your advice. I'm definitely less scared I'll kill it now! It does need to be moved, so guess it's a risk it'll have to take. I appreciate your help. X
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. THE MASTER

mad apple tree

An amazing looking tree Master!Sod cider - make lots of apple crumbles with cinnamon & custard! :thumb:
    An amazing looking tree Master!Sod cider - make lots of apple crumbles with cinnamon & custard! :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. laurar

Lemon Tree

Thanks Kedi, as I said I was not optimistic that it would fruit or flower, but i can alsways live in hope!
    Thanks Kedi, as I said I was not optimistic that it would fruit or flower, but i can alsways live in hope!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mattd

cherry blosom tree

Matt if the discolouration is on the edges of the leaves, then it sounds to me like scorch. As has been said, for a better diagnosis, you need to post a pic.:thumb::)
    Matt if the discolouration is on the edges of the leaves, then it sounds to me like scorch. As has been said, for a better diagnosis, you need to post a pic.:thumb::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. LBaker

Leylandii removal

Hi LBaker,For the tree size you mention I'd suggest a tree surgeon if you want the job done safely and satisfactorily. Look for someone who carries relevant NPTC qualifictions (38,39 poss. 40...
    Hi LBaker,For the tree size you mention I'd suggest a tree surgeon if you want the job done safely and satisfactorily. Look for someone who carries relevant NPTC qualifictions (38,39 poss. 40 &41) unless they have a MEWP (Mobile Elevtaed Working Platform) that will reach that height. To...
    Hi LBaker,For the tree size you mention I'd suggest a tree surgeon if you want the job done safely and satisfactorily. Look for someone who carries relevant NPTC qualifictions (38,39 poss. 40 &41) unless they have a MEWP (Mobile Elevtaed...
    Hi LBaker,For the tree size you mention I'd suggest a tree surgeon if you want the job done safely and satisfactorily. Look for someone who carries relevant NPTC qualifictions (38,39 poss. 40...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. kevmiller

Tree Fern advice please (Dicksonia Antartica)

As my tree fern appears to be finally defunct, I'm very pleased to hear that prices have come down. Mine was smaller than daisys' and cost £30 3 years ago. Where are they all coming from? Are...
    As my tree fern appears to be finally defunct, I'm very pleased to hear that prices have come down. Mine was smaller than daisys' and cost £30 3 years ago. Where are they all coming from? Are they all from the wild? They're lovely, perhaps I'll try B&Q, and try not to kill it this time. Or find...
    As my tree fern appears to be finally defunct, I'm very pleased to hear that prices have come down. Mine was smaller than daisys' and cost £30 3 years ago. Where are they all coming from? Are they all from the wild? They're lovely, perhaps I'll...
    As my tree fern appears to be finally defunct, I'm very pleased to hear that prices have come down. Mine was smaller than daisys' and cost £30 3 years ago. Where are they all coming from? Are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. compost maker

Moving a large golden conifer?

No don't move it now, leave it until the Autumn, ideally late Oct - March, and then like Loofah says you must try to get as big a root ball out as possible.
    No don't move it now, leave it until the Autumn, ideally late Oct - March, and then like Loofah says you must try to get as big a root ball out as possible.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. CraigG

Gettin rid of a tree without digging

If iyts next to a slab then a stump grinder is not an option, being that the head is circular it will leave a portion of stump unncut.Root out is the stuff ( amonium sulphamate)
    If iyts next to a slab then a stump grinder is not an option, being that the head is circular it will leave a portion of stump unncut.Root out is the stuff ( amonium sulphamate)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. BostonPatriot

Apple Tree Queston

are they red or green, large or small?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. daved2424

Tree Cutting

i maybe able to put you onto a guy or two that does gardening etc , in west london ile pm you my phone number :)
    i maybe able to put you onto a guy or two that does gardening etc , in west london ile pm you my phone number :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. cymro

acer palmatum

hi all . just bought the above from wilkinsons ,whilst on hol in south wales, could i grow in a pot, if so, what size, does it need shelter e.t.c many thanks arwyn
    hi all . just bought the above from wilkinsons ,whilst on hol in south wales, could i grow in a pot, if so, what size, does it need shelter e.t.c many thanks arwyn
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sarraceniac

New fronds on young tree fern

I overwinter mine the same way as you Gaz. Actually I use just a ball of hay or straw. And I also use chicken pellets but a friend of mine uses half strength miraclegrow And does OK. I don't think...
    I overwinter mine the same way as you Gaz. Actually I use just a ball of hay or straw. And I also use chicken pellets but a friend of mine uses half strength miraclegrow And does OK. I don't think it is long-lived enough though.
    I overwinter mine the same way as you Gaz. Actually I use just a ball of hay or straw. And I also use chicken pellets but a friend of mine uses half strength miraclegrow And does OK. I don't think it is long-lived enough though.
    I overwinter mine the same way as you Gaz. Actually I use just a ball of hay or straw. And I also use chicken pellets but a friend of mine uses half strength miraclegrow And does OK. I don't think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mattd

Just plant three trees

Hiya Matt, Good luck with your fruit trees:thumb: It will be nice to see them growing. One of my best plants was a Woolworths reject - reduced for a quick sale.
    Hiya Matt, Good luck with your fruit trees:thumb: It will be nice to see them growing. One of my best plants was a Woolworths reject - reduced for a quick sale.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. fmay

Sycamore

LOL - the neighbours always give me funny looks:o
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. willow13

apple tree

Yep, they were fruit buds. They're just breaking into flower. I'll try hand-pollinating 'cause I haven't seen hide nor hair of any bees:(
    Yep, they were fruit buds. They're just breaking into flower. I'll try hand-pollinating 'cause I haven't seen hide nor hair of any bees:(
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tropical_Gaz

Sycamore - Acer pseudoplatanus

Gaz I get aphids in annoying numbers on my ACER pseudoplatanus Brilliantisimum. It's still a nice small tree and managable for spraying early on. I did it with rose clear last week and it gets rid...
    Gaz I get aphids in annoying numbers on my ACER pseudoplatanus Brilliantisimum. It's still a nice small tree and managable for spraying early on. I did it with rose clear last week and it gets rid of the bulk of the aphids. We have a few sycamores around at the end of the gardens and something...
    Gaz I get aphids in annoying numbers on my ACER pseudoplatanus Brilliantisimum. It's still a nice small tree and managable for spraying early on. I did it with rose clear last week and it gets rid of the bulk of the aphids. We have a few...
    Gaz I get aphids in annoying numbers on my ACER pseudoplatanus Brilliantisimum. It's still a nice small tree and managable for spraying early on. I did it with rose clear last week and it gets rid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Matthew 1990

Birds & Apple Trees

Apart from getting bird scarers in I'd definitely try the netting in the tree. You may want to even try popping a fake bird of prey in among the branches too. You never know...
    Apart from getting bird scarers in I'd definitely try the netting in the tree. You may want to even try popping a fake bird of prey in among the branches too. You never know...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice